2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The desktop version TIV is $9.

2rzqh35.jpg
Ah ok, thanks.

I won't bother with that flip then.

So will the $5 bonus apply to older sports games too? Those seem relatively easy to flip since they go for $3 at GameStop. 

OH nvm its $2 or higher TIV

Sorry guys, I was just checking the trade-in values this morning, right when I posted it. Seems that they updated the values half-way through the day. I actually bought these games to trade-in later today. Wish I had saved the values.

I checked on the desktop version, around 11am CT for those who are curious.

If you reached your limit on Evolve/Homefront/KZ, Horizon isnt bad. 

Cost: $6.39

Trade: $9.80

Not 4 for $10 eligible but not bad either. 

That assumes they didn't nuke that value too. Complete edition is 3 base now instead of 5. This puts the standard edition at higher than the complete. Can you verify this value in store?
Im about to head out for the day. Will check.

Does anyone know if the complete edition counts as a separate SKU in terms of trade bans? I just happen to own a copy of the complete edition that I want to trade.

That assumes they didn't nuke that value too. Complete edition is 3 base now instead of 5. This puts the standard edition at higher than the complete. Can you verify this value in store?
Im about to head out for the day. Will check.

Does anyone know if the complete edition counts as a separate SKU in terms of trade bans? I just happen to own a copy of the complete edition that I want to trade.

Has the PUR Pro membership been 20,000 points for a while, or is that a new development after the beta?
In the mobile app, I am seeing "PowerUp Rewards Pro Membership POS Coupon" for 15,000 points. It doesn't show up in the desktop site though. I also see the 20,000 version in mobile.

The Evolve, Homefront, and Killzone cases from my GameStop are all marked with 6/8 lol.

I just know there’s a CAG who lives near me on the south side of Chicago.

Dang, that Sea of Thieves change must have happened very recently. However I still see it as $15 base on the app. I'll give it a try anyway since I bought two with credit.

If I have no luck, I can just return them to get credit back.

have any of you checked out your local area of people selling games on Facebook marketplace? There's some pretty nice flips to be made if you invest the time to look into it.

What's the worst a junior detective can do? Never encountered one, everyone in my area is either super nice or doesn't give two shits about anything. But... Can they like look up your trade history while they're checking you out and be like wtf?

The reason people left is that flipping ain't what it used to be. Getting $7.20 for games like The Show 17, along with some decent low level boomerangs brought me back in briefly this weekend though.

Can confirm Evolve / Homefront / Killzone trade worked today (6/11/19). Got $7.20 a piece trade credit with a Pro account & the $5 trade bonus promo. Paid about $2.40 for each with the 4 for $10 deal. Prob gonna try to do one more set tomorrow. Will update tomorrow if I do.

Can confirm Evolve / Homefront / Killzone trade worked today (6/11/19). Got $7.20 a piece trade credit with a Pro account & the $5 trade bonus promo. Paid about $2.40 for each with the 4 for $10 deal. Prob gonna try to do one more set tomorrow. Will update tomorrow if I do.
I did it again today as well

What do you guys get for the fourth game since only the ps4 version of evole and homefrotn got a base of $2

I'm not going to push my luck on this promo anymore but I do have store credit to play around with. Is there anything you'd suggest me possibly picking up and holding onto for a possible July 4th promo?

I try to get a base game of 1.00 but all the values are so wrong that those games are only .50 now. You can try and just get 2 of one of those 3 as well, but I try and raise as few eyebrows as possible.
I buy multiple copies of games fairly frequently and I dont think anyone has ever questioned it. Almost everything has online multiplayer. People buy stuff to play multiplayer with others. Have bought a bunch of doubles over the years for my brother overseas, games are way more expensive in Europe.

I buy multiple copies of games fairly frequently and I dont think anyone has ever questioned it. Almost everything has online multiplayer. People buy stuff to play multiplayer with others. Have bought a bunch of doubles over the years for my brother overseas, games are way more expensive in Europe.
I wish my stores were like yours. I can't even buy two copies of a game without getting JD comments like 'oh, I didn't know you had that console. When did you get it? Was it from GameStop?'. Like chill out dudes.

I'm not going to push my luck on this promo anymore but I do have store credit to play around with. Is there anything you'd suggest me possibly picking up and holding onto for a possible July 4th promo?

July 4th promo used to be legendary. If I recall correctly flippageddon was a July 4th weekend promo. I don’t remember the last 2 being noteworthy though.

July 4th promo used to be legendary. If I recall correctly flippageddon was a July 4th weekend promo. I don’t remember the last 2 being noteworthy though.
2017 was the big year, last year they ran the B2G1 and 70% trade bonus at the same time again but nuked the values. It was good for 3 hours as the B2G1 started at 6PM on Thursday (I think), but the next morning everything dropped.

2017 was the big year, last year they ran the B2G1 and 70% trade bonus at the same time again but nuked the values. It was good for 3 hours as the B2G1 started at 6PM on Thursday (I think), but the next morning everything dropped.
They definitely made their loophole checker more thorough. Shit was so common just a few years ago. Even after flippagedon there were still decent GameStop to GameStop flips. Then it kinda just stopped like a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back