2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I used up some of my GS luck recently.   I decided to order Castlevania: DoS and PoR during the B1G1 50% off they have going.  They showed up yesterday, and they were complete copies!   Made me very happy.   Much cheaper than Ebay prices.  :D

I feel like it is hard enough to get the right game or one that works let alone a complete copy out of the warehouse. A complete copy of something portable never happens and getting two is like winning powerball type odds.

Employees can see ur past transactions right? I’m surprised they’re not mentioning to u guys that u recently bought the game and are trading em back in. It’s scary

I want to trade in my XB1S for the $200 as well but don't know if I really need a second Switch.   Wish it was either store credit or one of the new versions rumored. 

Employees can see ur past transactions right? I’m surprised they’re not mentioning to u guys that u recently bought the game and are trading em back in. It’s scary
Ummm that's the Gamestop business model. They want you to Buy and then Trade/Sell back to them rinse repeat. And honestly take any new release game and check Pre-Owned stock levels shortly after release. Even the day after something comes out, there are generally copies that have already been traded in within the 250 mile radius of your location. And they can only see the last 5 items purchased even if you bought 30 items on the same receipt.

I went in yesterday to trade in my last copy of Killzone. The guy behind the counter couldn't understand why it didn't ring up the additional $5 for the promotion and he manually put it in for me. I didn't even have to say a word. 

They tanked the Killzone value to $1.10...oh well, guess i'm not moving my last one for now...

Big thank you to whoever mentioned the $2 VR headset. I was able to find one near me. Employee was surprised they had one, but was able to find it in storage. It was caked in dust since it was sitting on top of a shelf since 2017, but totally worth it.
Does anyone have the link or name for this? just so i can find/ask for the right thing?

I have never traded anything into gamestop but I am going to trade in my VCR xbone for the $100 at a switch for my sister. Hopefully they dont give me any greif. 

I have never traded anything into gamestop but I am going to trade in my VCR xbone for the $100 at a switch for my sister. Hopefully they dont give me any greif.
Do a system update at home, do not wipe/initialize/reset the console, and log in with a dummy account when/before you bring it in.

Ummm that's the Gamestop business model. They want you to Buy and then Trade/Sell back to them rinse repeat. And honestly take any new release game and check Pre-Owned stock levels shortly after release. Even the day after something comes out, there are generally copies that have already been traded in within the 250 mile radius of your location. And they can only see the last 5 items purchased even if you bought 30 items on the same receipt.
But flipping between GS does nothing for them other than giving us more credit.

I think I used up some of my GS luck recently. I decided to order Castlevania: DoS and PoR during the B1G1 50% off they have going. They showed up yesterday, and they were complete copies! Made me very happy. Much cheaper than Ebay prices. :D
Congrats on lucking out! You got some great taste too. Love those Castlevania, they're among the best in the series. Played the f*** out of them back in the day.

I had reset my Xbox prior because I don't trust them to reset it. Employee plugged it in and got the "checking for updates" screen, eventually it  said needed to be updated. I insisted that it was updated and said it's just not connected to a network to check. She said it could check for updates (HOW?!?!?!) and I'd have to update it and bring it back. I pushed and she entered wifi connection and Xbox said, "this is awkward the system does not need an update". HA. Then, she said I'd get $100 for it and I said there's a promo for $200 off the Switch [showed her the flyer and she pointed to the OG One and said yeah, $100]. She finally added the Switch and what do ya know...$200 off.

Asked for a gift receipt and she said I could just use the regular one. I said I'd like the gift receipt and she pretended like it wasn't possible before reluctantly printing it and throwing it in the bag.

Goodness gracious.

I had reset my Xbox prior because I don't trust them to reset it. Employee plugged it in and got the "checking for updates" screen, eventually it said needed to be updated. I insisted that it was updated and said it's just not connected to a network to check. She said it could check for updates (HOW?!?!?!) and I'd have to update it and bring it back. I pushed and she entered wifi connection and Xbox said, "this is awkward the system does not need an update". HA. Then, she said I'd get $100 for it and I said there's a promo for $200 off the Switch [showed her the flyer and she pointed to the OG One and said yeah, $100]. She finally added the Switch and what do ya know...$200 off.

Asked for a gift receipt and she said I could just use the regular one. I said I'd like the gift receipt and she pretended like it wasn't possible before reluctantly printing it and throwing it in the bag.

Goodness gracious.
were you trading in a VCR model or the S?

I also reset mine before taking it in, but they connected it to wifi and tested it with no issues. Ended up walking away with a switch and Overcooked 2 for $220.

Big thank you to whoever mentioned the $2 VR headset. I was able to find one near me. Employee was surprised they had one, but was able to find it in storage. It was caked in dust since it was sitting on top of a shelf since 2017, but totally worth it.
Went back a bunch of pages and didnt see any reference to this. Mind sharing more info? Tia!

Went back a bunch of pages and didnt see any reference to this. Mind sharing more info? Tia!
buy 2+ pre-owned games for 25% off (in addition to your pro/elite membership) if you buy a system in the same transaction. Turns out system includes cheap $2-10 miniconsoles and related VR headsets. Does not combine with other offers, such as the extra $ toward a switch purpose when trading in another system.

What other cheap item(s) could you purchase besides the VR headset to get the discount? Also would the discount stack with elite membership? Thinking of getting a couple games if the price is right 

What other cheap item(s) could you purchase besides the VR headset to get the discount? Also would the discount stack with elite membership? Thinking of getting a couple games if the price is right
Anything Category 2. Sticker has a (2) in the beginning of it. Electronic Football, Wrestlemania Retro Plug and Play, Frogger Plug and Play, Ms. Pac-Man Plug and Play, PS Classic etc.

Does anyone know of a good source on the internet for flipping games to gamestop or best buy?
Ask this kid, he knows what's up.

D3ZJTQJW4AEyXjP.jpg

Anybody know if you can get Home Depot cards with PUR certs?  I know Lowes is a no-go, but wasn't sure about Home Depot, and I'm looking to convert all of my trade credit (and if possible, certs) to cash.

Got 2 NSW games today with that 'system' while out running errands. The employee was flabbergasted when they came up so cheap and acted like he didn't want to sell them to me. Only one more of those within 100 miles I believe but pretty good promo.

anyone know if the "system" discount is still going today? and the $5? or is it a wait and see once the stores open kinda thing?

Looks like the extra $5 credit on PS4,XB1 and Switch games is over. It's not listed anymore when you look up trade in values.

Shows up in trade offers, but there is no end date.
yeah, it appears they've moved it down into the normal trade offer area without an end date...not bad, hopefully it'll stick around for a while...

(this whole time it was only up on that ad and not down there right? or am i remembering wrong?)

yeah, it appears they've moved it down into the normal trade offer area without an end date...not bad, hopefully it'll stick around for a while...

(this whole time it was only up on that ad and not down there right? or am i remembering wrong?)
It was definitely in the trade offers of the mobile site on Thursday. Sometimes the mobile and desktop trade offers are different.

So has anyone found out if the "system" discount is still working today? I'm at work and don't want to waste time running out if it's dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back