2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really funny watching all the stores with the formerly $300 Kratos and $175 Shadow of the Colossus drop off as people are doing holds.  I'm genuinely amazed employees didnt "defect" them out last night so they can buy them themselves this morning.  

Can we use $10 reward certificate for these?
Last time i tried to use a cert on a clearance item, it tried to take it off from the original price, negating any savings. However, this was with a percent off discount on collectibles at the time.

They overrode the system for me at the time, but ymmv.

Managed to get successful holds on a Boruto and Tails statue. Basically every other statue that was instock was 30+ miles away and none of them were the super big discounted ones (They were like $20-$40 range anyway)

I was out having breakfast this morning and I happened to get to the store when it opened because I wanted to get Darksiders. It was pretty crazy. One guy had reserved a bunch online and got basically the rest that were in there. I got a Tails, Black Manta and Green lantern but this other guy must've gotten at least 10 and walked in just a few seconds before me. They had a sonic and Aquaman I would've liked to have gotten but oh well. The store I went to and the ones I called seem to have a lot of kingdom hearts ones left

I got an email saying Mario Maker 2 is eligible for the trade in for full value within 48 hours promo. Gonna buy it to keep but might be a useful promo for others.

I got an email saying Mario Maker 2 is eligible for the trade in for full value within 48 hours promo. Gonna buy it to keep but might be a useful promo for others.
Thanks for mentioning it. It's not reflected on the game's page yet - do you have a screenshot of the email? I'm glad that they're doing this for more games. So I guess their pilot test was a success.

Got sora and dark souls statue...thanks for post

I wanted a fallout statue so bad I tried 5 stores.

Thinking of getting a sonic on the way home

No statues really left in a 100mile radius here... I’m debating trying a couple of stores even though they show nothing in stock. Good luck to those hunting!

The Tail's statue was way bigger than I expected it to be, while the Boruto one was way smaller lol. Though I still can't complain for $10.

Put in a hold for a Squirrel Girl and a Sonic one at a different store I'll try tomorrow if they go through.

Got Dark Souls, Sonic, and Mega Man and Wily. Wanted the Gaius statue really bad... It didn't show in stock earlier but when I arrived to the store it was there. Somebody had already put it on hold. Oh well!

The Tail's statue was way bigger than I expected it to be, while the Boruto one was way smaller lol. Though I still can't complain for $10.

Put in a hold for a Squirrel Girl and a Sonic one at a different store I'll try tomorrow if they go through.
Does tails look good in person I’m thinking about the 10 mile drive already drove there today tho smh

Just picked up sonic

got 2 solaire's, 2 sonics, 1 tails, 2 vault girls, 1 black panther, and 1 x-men x23. not bad for 2 hours of driving around.

Does tails look good in person I’m thinking about the 10 mile drive already drove there today tho smh

Just picked up sonic
Yeah I really like it. I already had the Sonic Mania CE Statue and a couple other small Sonic figures so they look really nice on the shelf together.

My haul:

Kingdom Hearts Goofy
Fallout T51
Black and white Batman/Joker looking thing
Solaire

And

Gaius (drove 50 miles for this bad boy)

Was told at one store once I called that they've been declining holds becuase of so many people putting holds so they are doing a first come first serve thing so it may be a reason for holds getting denied at some stores

Was told at one store once I called that they've been declining holds becuase of so many people putting holds so they are doing a first come first serve thing so it may be a reason for holds getting denied at some stores
When I went to pick up solaire they had 3 order slips on one box so it was who ever got their first

Well, the Cayde 6 one didn't have his gun so I ended up with the Solaire, Jim Lee Batman, and Kingdom Hearts Pete instead. Bummer about the Cayde 6, but I still can't complain.

I was really hoping to grab Sonic & Tails but they were all sold out or on hold for other customers at every store in my area.

I managed to get Solaire though so it wasn't a total loss! :D

I couldn't get anything I wanted on this deal. Damnit!!! I heard people waiting like it was black Friday for doors to open

Got my main 4 target today LLenn, harley quinn injustice 2, Solaire and Artfx Black panther.  Complete forget about Vault girl and tails so might have head out tomorrow again, just placed a hold so should be ok.  Llenn look really nice for $10, the base is downgrade from japan but for $10 i will take it lol.  harley quinn injustice 2 also look really good as well

Placed a hold late last night at a nearby store for Joker and Squirrel Girl statues, got a successful email for Joker but Squirrel Girl was cancelled. Went in and found a Jessica Jones while I was picking up Joker, and decided to go ahead and order Squirrel Girl from the site. Pretty happy with my haul. Kind of wish I had gone for the Sonic, I saw it behind the counter on hold but decided to pass when I was putting in holds last night. Looks really nice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I snagged a sonic, Tails and mega man x. The store had a Kingdom Hearts Sora sitting there, but it just didn't impress me enough to justify the purchase

The store near where I work had nearly everything I was looking for, so I pulled up there this morning about 5 mins before they opened. Came away with:

Vault Girl

Joker

Squirrel Girl

Cheetah Variant Wonder Woman

Sonic & Tails

Vault Boy Incense Burner

Then on my way back home I stopped at the one closest to my house & grabbed the T-51 Power Armor. Only one I really wanted that I missed was Nuka Cola Girl. I hadn't planned on getting Joker - I don't really recall having seen it before - but it looked great so I had to get it. And I hadn't even thought about Sonic & Tails, but the manager told me "2 more are in the back, they were on hold but the person just called & said they don't want them" and brought them out. While I was looking around the store w/ most of mine on the counter waiting for me to checkout, he told me someone tried to put a hold on Joker. 

Added lenee and harley to my shelf.  Will probably add solaire too.  debating on what to do with black panther.  Might end up sellign it for sloght profit to conver today purcahse  

a57xfs.jpg

Yeah but I just missed out on a Futurama Planet Express ship that I really wanted, so a little win, a little loss.

That Mega Man figure is really small though.
I just missed that one as I really wanted it but might not be too upset if it really is that small.

got the kidrobot rick and morty

megaman vs wiley

& Kingdom Hearts Sora

they had a couple green lanterns and a black manta but I could care less.

Anyone in garden grove, ca want the batman who laughs joker? I have it on hold but dont think I'll make it today or anyday. Let me know.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back