2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
ShitpostBot is on to us.

l9zIeiD.png

I have two copies of FO76 because I own 2 PS4s, and multiple stores close to me are telling me it's a no go. With trading them in, but then stores farther away from me, Is telling me its OK. If I have the proof of purchased for them, Which I do.

What's the differences between the stores that allow them to deny or approve this? I don't mind making the extra drive, but it's seems so unnecessarily to me to make the few extra mile just to trade something in. 

I have two copies of FO76 because I own 2 PS4s, and multiple stores close to me are telling me it's a no go. With trading them in, but then stores farther away from me, Is telling me its OK. If I have the proof of purchased for them, Which I do.
What's the differences between the stores that allow them to deny or approve this? I don't mind making the extra drive, but it's seems so unnecessarily to me to make the few extra mile just to trade something in.
Just trade one at a time bro

Trade 1 at one store and one at another

Or trade 1 today and another tomorrow

If you have elite pro and GCU still I found a few credit movers to Best Buy w b2g1 sale if bought in 3's.

Divinity 2 (Xbox one)
Darksiders 3 (Ps4)

NBA 2K19 switch or Ps4
WWE 2k19 PS4

Naruto to Boruto shinobi stickers PS4 or Xbox one

Black Clover quartet knights

All are 18.99 - 15.19 after elite pro (except back clover w is cheaper still) and as of today 7/3 trade in at BB for 10 - 11 after gcu (except divinty 2 which is 12 - 13.20). Even with my CA tax it's still slightly better than a 1:1
Thanks for sharing this. Managed to pick up a few things from close stores. Kind of nice to have some BB credit agin.

So I traded about $130 worth of stuff in yesterday (After Pro) and traded towards Crash on Switch. I ask if the promotion went through, couldn't tell since the last 4 things on the little card reader screen were controllers which don't get the trade bonus and I forgot to do the math before going in like I normally do to make sure things line up as they should and the guy said it doesn't appear to have so he did some quick math of his own to adjust the price based on the trade credit and manually took $22 off of Crash as compensation for the promo "Not working". I look at my receipt and the trade promo did go through perfectly fine, so I got an extra $22 free, haha *Shrugs*. Also my store had a hella good preowned Switch selection. They had probably 3 each of Zelda, Smash, Pokken, and probably 1 copy of each of 90% of other AAA games. Which is odd since I don't live in a popular city by any means and it's not one of the more popular stores in my area. I picked up Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces, Mario Kart, Smash, Zelda, and Pokken. Splatoon 2 & Mario Tennis I wanted to play / keep and of course those are the ones that didn't come with cases.

I went ahead and did an order for the 2ds/2ds/Elite deal. It looks like I will pay tax through the website on the trade credit, which sucks. Hoping the Elite comes with everything (and works :)).

I should've bought a White Elite Controller. New to Xbox, so I didn't realize that the Black Elite Controller came out in 2015. Who knows what condition my pre-owned controller will be in when it arrives.

I almost jumped on the 2DS / Elite thing.  However I did a bit of research and found out there is no Bluetooth support for the old Elite.  So I would have to waste time flipping the 2DS and mess around with using the wireless adapter and still potentially spend over $60 for it.  My time is way too valuable for that.

I have no idea what these kids are doing today to controllers but it's too big of a risk over Gamestop used hardware because I have seen some horrific mistreatment of video game hardware.

I would rather bank my trade in credit and wait until the new Elite with Bluetooth comes out.

I almost jumped on the 2DS / Elite thing. However I did a bit of research and found out there is no Bluetooth support for the old Elite. So I would have to waste time flipping the 2DS and mess around with using the wireless adapter and still potentially spend over $60 for it. My time is way too valuable for that.

I have no idea what these kids are doing today to controllers but it's too big of a risk over Gamestop used hardware because I have seen some horrific mistreatment of video game hardware.

I would rather bank my trade in credit and wait until the new Elite with Bluetooth comes out.
Far as I know the elite fails under even regular use

Well that was crazy or the site is glitchy spent $100 on 2x $50 gift cards. My gift card apparently had $63.85 left and the balance was not removed so I got one for quite a discount.

Well that was crazy or the site is glitchy spent $100 on 2x $50 gift cards. My gift card apparently had $63.85 left and the balance was not removed so I got one for quite a discount.
Your orders will get cancelled.

GameStop has always had an issue of updating the gift card balance in a meaningful amount of time. But, in the end, if you didn't have enough on it for your next order, it'll get cancelled.

Traded some Move controllers and PS4/Switch games today and the ASL working at the last store I went to offered to sell me a new Crash Team Racing to get the bump on the games, then immediately return it for my credit back. I was floored that it was completely his idea, so I told him that's 2 good surveys coming his way. Ended up spending the credit on a Mario Maker/Crimson 2DS and another Elite since my last order got cancelled (for using the same credit card multiple times, not because they're competent and onto us)

The promo works for accessories? I traded in a few Wii remotes yesterday and didn't get the bump and the promo says game trades only.

Traded some Move controllers and PS4/Switch games today and the ASL working at the last store I went to offered to sell me a new Crash Team Racing to get the bump on the games, then immediately return it for my credit back. I was floored that it was completely his idea, so I told him that's 2 good surveys coming his way. Ended up spending the credit on a Mario Maker/Crimson 2DS and another Elite since my last order got cancelled (for using the same credit card multiple times, not because they're competent and onto us)
You would’ve got the bump buying Mario Maker as well since it’s part of the promo. Apparently that store leader doesn’t even know what promos are running on his store.

Elite controller trick works with 2x Super Nintendo Jr. systems: https://www.gamestop.com/consoles/super-nintendo-sns-101-system/122942

If people want a different option from 2ds and wiis.
SHIT, thanks for the heads up! Hopefully it's still in stock when I receive my 2DS, I'll just return it and do a web in store order.

You would’ve got the bump buying Mario Maker as well since it’s part of the promo. Apparently that store leader doesn’t even know what promos are running on his store.
Sorry for the confusion but it was the Mario Maker 2DS system, not the Switch game. But a majority of employees are not aware of these promos despite signage and running for multiple weeks, so you were right to assume.

Just to make sure I have it right, if I were to buy a couple of systems and the elite controller, using a money off online cert would be a waste because it doesn't take money off the total, it takes money of the most expensive item- in this case the free controller?

Just to make sure I have it right, if I were to buy a couple of systems and the elite controller, using a money off online cert would be a waste because it doesn't take money off the total, it takes money of the most expensive item- in this case the free controller?
Since the system is registering the controller as the free item, I would think there's a chance that it will discount one of the systems, but personally I wouldn't risk it.

Online certs are risky to begin with. There have been several reports of them not even working at all at times.

Since the system is registering the controller as the free item, I would think there's a chance that it will discount one of the systems, but personally I wouldn't risk it.
I always have problems using online certs anyway, so I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

Thinking about The Division 2 (when it goes on sale next week). But seems the price dropped faster than the previous game. Is that a good or bad sign?!

Did my move controller trade ins without problems. Also moved 200 in credit over to Best Buy. I guess I must be the only one that trades in there because no one seems to know how to do it. They tried to tell me that there's a limit for customer trade in of 3 games total, per day. Not the 3 per title limit that it's supposed to be. After I dealt with that, the employee then tried to do each game as a separate trade in. They were gonna ID and fingerprint me (law here in CA) 9 times and give me 9 separate gift cards rather than to it all at once because they didn't know how. Good times.
Yeah, the whole trade in stuff at Best Buy died down a year or two ago, when they completely tanked everything. I mean, you just have to really find the gems, especially if you're going GS -> BB.

Yeah, the whole trade in stuff at Best Buy died down a year or two ago, when they completely tanked everything. Don't feel like the effort is worth it anymore, even with GCU.
Don't forget that they also took away the ability to purchase third-party gift cards with best buy gift cards. I sure miss those days.

Is there an effective way to search for retro trade values? Specifically: original Xbox.
The app has many more retro TIV listings than the website does, but it may not be an exhaustive list. I don't see the OG Xbox on there at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back