2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed! This was the time to unload your scratched, disc-only PSX games (I've found they are completely strict on quality of cart when trying to trade in N64, etc.). GameStop has plenty of Crash Bandicoots and Spyros from me.

I almost reached that when I dumped a bunch of retro stuff when 50% trade bonus applied like 2 years ago. I'm still sitting on a chunk of that credit, because a membership card only held up to $1k.

Before people ask, I only traded in stuff that was close-ish to the eBay value (within ~20% or less than ~$5 difference).

Call of Duty: WWII Valor Collection includes:

• Call of Duty: WWII Exclusive Statue
  • Call of Duty: WWII Standard Edition Game
  • Complete Set of In-Game Division Patches (Infantry, Airborne, Mountain, Armored, Expeditionary)
  • Collectible Nazi Zombies Bloodraven Sword Pin
  • Exclusive Call of Duty: WWII Nazi Zombies 24" x 36" Poster
Thanks sent this info to my brother. The GS across the street from him supposedly has it in stock too.

The problem I foresee is that the $5 doesn't stack on deals. So it doesn't work with b2g1, 4 for $10, 4 for $20, 3 for $15. I doubt it will work with digital currency, but maybe it will. I usually get my games from GameStop during those buy something get something free sales. So I'm out I think
I agree I can't see how they would give you $60 in certs that can be used on digital currency for $20. The certs will only apply to over priced stuff where knocking $5 isn't going to hurt them.

This has been such a terrible gen for controller quality, I can not bring myself to buy pre-owned.
Yeah, the quality of controllers this gen have been subpar. Plus some of the preowned controllers I've seen GS sell are bad. Nothing like getting a controller with analog stick drift and someone else's hand cheese on it.

Anyone ever have luck with getting them to sell you a used game as new? No one has a new copy near me, but they have used. But used is $19.99
No. Regardless of what they do with gutted copies, they don't sell actually traded-in used games as new. Sometimes new games will get converted to a used SKU but they won't sell you a used game as new in the way you want.

I just bought the Lego Marvel Collection from them and wondering why is there a disc 2? I inserted disc 1 and everything is installing, I insert disc 2 and nothing happens (doesn’t even show up on home screen) and the things installing stop.

According to our local Gamestop, NIntendo is not allowing stores to offer pre-orders on the Switch Lite yet.
Same thing they told me. Nintendo always announces when retailers can start doing pre-orders though, they've done that for years now.

I don't foresee the Switch Lite being particularly hard to get ahold of at launch, but I still want to pre-order one myself since I already know I am going to pick one up.

I just bought the Lego Marvel Collection from them and wondering why is there a disc 2? I inserted disc 1 and everything is installing, I insert disc 2 and nothing happens (doesn’t even show up on home screen) and the things installing stop.
I got it during the b2g1 sale and while I haven't played it hwy, i checked and there is only 1 disc. Also there is no disc holder on the front side like you see sometimes on multidisc games.

I got it during the b2g1 sale and while I haven't played it hwy, i checked and there is only 1 disc. Also there is no disc holder on the front side like you see sometimes on multidisc games.
The PS4 version has only 1 disc, while the XB1 version is split between 2 discs. The probable reason is that the XB1 version contains 4K resolution textures for LMSH2 to be compatible with the "Enhanced for Xbox One X" mode.

On the off-chance that one of your local GameStops has a new copy of Yo-Kai Watch Blasters: White Dog Squad (3DS), it will be on clearance for $19.97. This is a helluva deal compared to the eBay rate.

https://m.gamestop.com/product/nintendo-3ds/games/yo-kai-watch-blasters-white-dog-squad/165588

(The Red Cat Corps version is not on clearance, sadly.)
Thanks for posting about it, 2 Gamestops in my state had copies, one quite close to me as well so I have a copy on hold.

The PS4 version has only 1 disc, while the XB1 version is split between 2 discs. The probable reason is that the XB1 version contains 4K resolution textures for LMSH2 to be compatible with the "Enhanced for Xbox One X" mode.
Out of curiosity I put disk 2 into a different Xbox, and it recognized it and started to dL Lego Marvel 1 only.

According to our local Gamestop, NIntendo is not allowing stores to offer pre-orders on the Switch Lite yet.
Same thing they told me. Nintendo always announces when retailers can start doing pre-orders though, they've done that for years now.
"Nintendo Switch Lite has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. Nintendo Switch Lite is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained."

https://youtu.be/59yuBFRSZdg?t=218

Might have something to do with that.

Call of Duty: WWII Valor Collection includes:

• Call of Duty: WWII Exclusive Statue
  • Call of Duty: WWII Standard Edition Game
  • Complete Set of In-Game Division Patches (Infantry, Airborne, Mountain, Armored, Expeditionary)
  • Collectible Nazi Zombies Bloodraven Sword Pin
  • Exclusive Call of Duty: WWII Nazi Zombies 24" x 36" Poster
Thanks again. My brother was able to get this at the GS near him. Game is included.

One of my B2g1 games in the mail is the right disc but the case and insert are a totally different game....

I might try and swap at a local store so I can resell later but it’s very weird...

If anyone collects Mighty Morphin Power Rangers stuff, the Legacy Morphers and zords hit clearance so they're all 40% off. Picked up a morpher for $30 and have the Green/White Ranger edition on hold for $36.

I've experienced this same thing as well. Bought FE Path of Radiance, Duck Tales 2 and Jetson's Cogswells Caper which are all in about the $150 range each. Jetson's was about $5-10 less so it was the free game of the three. Delivery day comes and surprise, Duck Tales 2 is a fake and Path of Radiance comes in as disc only so I took all three to return. Not only did they just tell me to keep the Jetson's free game, but they gave me cash back on the other two even though I paid for the entire purchase with credit.
My understanding is they can't see how you paid for online orders. They used to ask you (to which you could lie and say PayPal or whatever) but the last few times I've returned online orders in store, I've noticed they don't even bother asking and just refund you cash.

I'm not complaining personally, but that seems to be a pretty big loss of cash on their behalf by paying out people who paid via gc/tc originally.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

So did anytime else go as crazy as I did for that final b2g1 sale with elite pro savings? (assuming those who went past that end of July cutoff from last year get theirs canceled).

I ended up going to neighboring cities north, east and south of me (mainly for vita games), and end up doing 18 separate deals. I'm not going to list each and every one, but I thought I'd share my favorite finds from the deals.

Metroid Prime Trilogy Steelbook (w/slipcover)
Super Mario Maker 2
Neon Yellow Joycons
Converted copy of Flashback for Switch, game still sealed)
Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel PS4 Steelbook
Final Fantasy Zodiac Age Switch (at lowered price)
Bloodstained PS4
Crash Team Racing Switch
Criminal Girls 1 CIB Vita
Injustice 2 Legendary Edition Steelbook

I was able to use my profits from the $5 current gen trade boost a few weeks ago, when i made $100 alone buying and trading back that trio of ps4 games, killzone shadow fall, evolve and homefront revolution over a two day period.

Think I'm good for a while. Did among else get any really good finds during thier runs?

Just realized my Lego Harry Potter Collection that came in was the European version! And there are no stores near me that have any preowned copies I can exchange it for, so another battle with GameStop.com (probably) begins.....

bought a SNES during the B2G1... didn't realize how expensive RPGs were on it. Thinking of returning it or using it just for the Game Boy Player.

Just realized my Lego Harry Potter Collection that came in was the European version! And there are no stores near me that have any preowned copies I can exchange it for, so another battle with GameStop.com (probably) begins.....
If it's PS4, it really doesn't matter. Heck, it's more authentic, am I right?

All of three my b2g1 3DS games came without cases. I also noticed that in my nearest store very few of the 3DS games have cases, they are all just the cartridges in a glass display. I read on a post in the GameStop Reddit that some stores are just trashing all of the cases for used 3DS games to fit them in said displays to “save space.”

And these are collectible, more expensive JRPGs I’m buying, not Barby’s Pony Adventure shovelware stuff. Seriously, how dumb can this company be not to realize that people buying retro and collectible games actually care about the cases and will often even pay more to have them included.

And they wonder why their clueless @sses are slowly going out of business. Unless they have some good deal-stacking coupon code/sale combo like this why would I bother buying from them over any other option?

Oh well. Can’t be mad at them for long, they did hook me up with all those statues I’m still trying to find places to put. I only hope I get to partake in other clearances while their company circles the drain.

Watch out GS will get back at you for exploiting their practices! Sucks to hear Camelots recent story. With GS doing so bad right now they must be trying to do everything they can to hide their tracks

https://youtu.be/hgJRsu61TZY

Hey guys, you didnt hear this from me and we were told to keep it on the down low. Ganestop is now doing price matches on new games, consoles, and accessories its only on new products and from Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy.. Literally started yesterday like we were told not to go around telling everyone only if a customer asks for it. So there's your bit of help, also dont tell everyone 😂

Hey guys, you didnt hear this from me and we were told to keep it on the down low. Ganestop is now doing price matches on new games, consoles, and accessories its only on new products and from Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy.. Literally started yesterday like we were told not to go around telling everyone only if a customer asks for it. So there's your bit of help, also dont tell everyone 😂
Thanks, this is helpful to know, since I have amassed a lot of GS credit. Can any other employees verify this or post a link to this new price match policy?

Hey guys, you didnt hear this from me and we were told to keep it on the down low. Ganestop is now doing price matches on new games, consoles, and accessories its only on new products and from Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy.. Literally started yesterday like we were told not to go around telling everyone only if a customer asks for it. So there's your bit of help, also dont tell everyone
This is great if it checks out.

And by don't tell everyone meaning print out flyers and hand them out outside of GS?? Lol

This is great if it checks out.
And by don't tell everyone meaning print out flyers and hand them out outside of GS?? Lol
Exactly! When I go into work later I'll tey to get a picture of the memo haha, like we only got one at work and we were all taking turns reading. Just try to keep it friends only if you are gonna share it, Gamestop is giving us something good!

Hmm, considering Walmart is now selling every new Switch game for $10 below MSRP, this is awesome if true.  Seeing Dragon Quest Builders 2 for $49 and change at Walmart last night had me debating on getting it there instead of GS.

Hmm, considering Walmart is now selling every new Switch game for $10 below MSRP, this is awesome if true. Seeing Dragon Quest Builders 2 for $49 and change at Walmart last night had me debating on getting it there instead of GS.
However they don't advertise those prices online, in store only pricing, so like most stores, I imagine price matching isn't going to fly.

However they don't advertise those prices online, in store only pricing, so like most stores, I imagine price matching isn't going to fly.
Unless your Gamestop accepts a photo of the price + you holding a copy of today's newspaper?

<rant>
All of three my b2g1 3DS games came without cases. I also noticed that in my nearest store very few of the 3DS games have cases, they are all just the cartridges in a glass display. I read on a post in the GameStop Reddit that some stores are just trashing all of the cases for used 3DS games to fit them in said displays to “save space.”

And these are collectible, more expensive JRPGs I’m buying, not Barby’s Pony Adventure shovelware stuff. Seriously, how dumb can this company be not to realize that people buying retro and collectible games actually care about the cases and will often even pay more to have them included.

And they wonder why their clueless @sses are slowly going out of business. Unless they have some good deal-stacking coupon code/sale combo like this why would I bother buying from them over any other option?
</rant>

Oh well. Can’t be mad at them for long, they did hook me up with all those statues I’m still trying to find places to put. I only hope I get to partake in other clearances while their company circles the drain.
I found that Reddit thread, and good God are the comments insufferable. I know Reddit in general takes shilling to the extreme, because of how easy the site is to manipulate, but damn. Those comments act like this is a complete non-issue, but it really isn't.

When GS did this with DS games, it had a serious effect on the DS market. Many complete DS games shot up in value because GS destroyed so many cases/inserts. This subsequently affected cart-only prices as well, making DS collecting noticeably more expensive and challenging than before.

So at the end of the day, policies like these affect all DS/3DS collectors, whether they personally give a damn about cases or not. Idk why anyone would want to defend or downplay decisions like these unless they're astroturfing for GS - which, let's be real, is often the case.

Exactly! When I go into work later I'll tey to get a picture of the memo haha, like we only got one at work and we were all taking turns reading. Just try to keep it friends only if you are gonna share it, Gamestop is giving us something good!
this is a public forum that does not require registration to be viewed. don't expect to keep this info contained. there is significant cross-pollination between CAG and SD.

just try to maintain anonymity between your account here and your employer so you don't get identified as a leaker. in other words, be careful your photo doesn't reveal your identity and get you fired.

you seem to have good intentions but your naivete is hurting your credibility.

I bet this is a result of all the BS they pulled with Dualshock 4s for Days of Play. They'll keep doing stuff like that, but now have an inconvenient alternative for grumpy customers.

None of my local even had a copy of Kirby Battle Royale during the $10 sale. This is the second time this has happened last time it was Scribblenuts for the Xbox One for $10 and no stores had that also. I tried to PM at Target but it was a $30 difference and they wouldn’t do it and Best Buy only list a digital version for sale.

I found that Reddit thread, and good God are the comments insufferable. I know Reddit in general takes shilling to the extreme, because of how easy the site is to manipulate, but damn. Those comments act like this is a complete non-issue, but it really isn't.

When GS did this with DS games, it had a serious effect on the DS market. Many complete DS games shot up in value because GS destroyed so many cases/inserts. This subsequently affected cart-only prices as well, making DS collecting noticeably more expensive and challenging than before.

So at the end of the day, policies like these affect all DS/3DS collectors, whether they personally give a damn about cases or not. Idk why anyone would want to defend or downplay decisions like these unless they're astroturfing for GS - which, let's be real, is often the case.
I won't even buy a cart only game. By trashing the cases Gamestop is effectively really only selling cheaper games to parents buying the consoles for younger children or they are selling Pokemon games which they likely aren't throwing cases away for in most stores.

Many of the Gamestops near me have thrown away all cases and manuals for 360, PS3, and Wii games that are $9.99 or under. Only a matter of time before it applies to those whole sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back