2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still love Camelot, but the problem is that he made a video about how bad Walmart is...while talking about how his company sells their products through Walmart...AND did it while he was on leave from his company so they could look into whether or not his Youtube channel was a potential liability. He can't really pin this one on Gamestop.
Watching bits of some his videos, I thought to myself that he shouldn't quit his day job ...... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Watching bits of some his videos, I thought to myself that he shouldn't quit his day job ...... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I did the same thing and I also think he talks a bit like Cleveland from Family Guy.

These Gamestop videos on YouTube seem like they are pretty popular though. Maybe I should start recording myself sitting in my Game Room talking about how shitty working for Gamestop was.

Never. Mainly due to the youtuber making some stupid facial expression, etc. in the video thumbnail.
I'm glad other people feel this way. My 8-year old nephew will click on a YouTube video because there is a douchey looking guy making "funny faces", but I don't know why anyone else would support these people with clickbait titles and r-tarded thumbnails, or find it worth their time to actually listen to these people talk.

I won't even buy a cart only game. By trashing the cases Gamestop is effectively really only selling cheaper games to parents buying the consoles for younger children or they are selling Pokemon games which they likely aren't throwing cases away for in most stores.
The only times I've bought cart only DS games has been when buying the cart is significantly cheaper than Ebay prices. Or I've found a case online that I can put the game in.

Such as I bought Castlevania Order of Ecclesia cart only from GS, for $20. Ebay price for Cart only is usually $50-60, Complete is ~$100. I'd rather pay the $20.

Hate to be one to promote GameStop's corporate values; but, GameStop wants you to trade in the games you buy from them (life cycle of a customer or some crap). I don't think CIB collector's want to trade the games back into GameStop necessarily. Sure the price could be higher if they offered CIB 3DS games, but the life of that product could end for them as it ends up in the reseller market and on somebody's shelf forever.

I don't agree with this approach, I just understand what they're doing. However, I think it comes to bite them in the ass, as they have a ton of retro games that would be worth much more if they were CIB.

So I returned 2 preowned games from my b2g1 promo, and received store credit for both. The guy didnt want to give me cash. I used a trade card for the purchases and wanted to use my credit card to see if I used it on there. I said no and proceeded to give me the credit on a gift card

Anyone tried to buy reward certs on the app or mobile site? Nothing showing up for me. In store right now trying to buy stuff.

Toys R Us had an awesome price match policy. Everyone bitched about their shitty markups (like with GameStop), but you could price match Amazon or any major retailer.

People exploiting GameStop by pricematching sale games, then immediately trading them in is probably going to kill it.

I love that I ordered 6 games from the b2g1 with 2-day shipping and 6 days later they're still not here. They're supposedly 'out for delivery' in a city 2 hours away as of right now and it's way past the time they usually deliver here. 🤔

I love that I ordered 6 games from the b2g1 with 2-day shipping and 6 days later they're still not here. They're supposedly 'out for delivery' in a city 2 hours away as of right now and it's way past the time they usually deliver here. [emoji848]
Yea, their 2 day shipping is an absolute joke.
Last time I used it it took 3 days just to get the order to process and then 3 days before the order shipped and 4 days to ship it here.
I would hate to ask how long the standard shipping takes.

I love that I ordered 6 games from the b2g1 with 2-day shipping and 6 days later they're still not here. They're supposedly 'out for delivery' in a city 2 hours away as of right now and it's way past the time they usually deliver here. 🤔
It's not delivery in two days; it's delivery in two days from "processing." Still four days processing, not too good.

He'll be fine, he's making hundreds of dollars during his live stream.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I think I may have been too subtle, but he doesn't have a day job anymore...since he was fired.

But seriously, more power to him if he finds an audience and can make a living off of his videos and whatnot. Kind of crazy how much people give to some live streamers. Definitely more money there than via YouTube monetization.

I personally am skeptical of his GameStop conspiracy on how he got fired, but some people love good conspiracy theories.

My kids switch got the blinking light of death, was thinking of trading in the leftover parts (dock, Joy cons) and getting them a lite when it comes out. When you trade in the dock do you have to trade in the powercord and hdmi or just the dock? The switch is pretty much shot it won't charge/turn on and the plastic vent is broken at the top and it is missing screws. My son grabbed the pro controller when it was still plugged in and the whole switch and dock fell on the floor, the switch won't charge via the dock or adapter now.

The only times I've bought cart only DS games has been when buying the cart is significantly cheaper than Ebay prices. Or I've found a case online that I can put the game in.

Such as I bought Castlevania Order of Ecclesia cart only from GS, for $20. Ebay price for Cart only is usually $50-60, Complete is ~$100. I'd rather pay the $20.
A few years back, that popped up cheap on Amazon, and I grabbed a copy, but have yet to open it. A few months back someone mentioned the high prices for it. Unless I come across another dirt cheap copy someday, I'll probably open it and play it, but I just wanted to brag a bit, first.

My kids switch got the blinking light of death, was thinking of trading in the leftover parts (dock, Joy cons) and getting them a lite when it comes out. When you trade in the dock do you have to trade in the powercord and hdmi or just the dock? The switch is pretty much shot it won't charge/turn on and the plastic vent is broken at the top and it is missing screws. My son grabbed the pro controller when it was still plugged in and the whole switch and dock fell on the floor, the switch won't charge via the dock or adapter now.
Trading in the dock you need the HDMI and power cable.

I personally am skeptical of his GameStop conspiracy on how he got fired, but some people love good conspiracy theories.
I don't understand the part where he claims the DL and RD asked his friend if he still talked to him. How else would he know they asked that? If they're that far up his ass they'll see the video and know the friend was lying.

I don't understand the part where he claims the DL and RD asked his friend if he still talked to him. How else would he know they asked that? If they're that far up his ass they'll see the video and know the friend was lying.
Because he probably lies. It's not clear what he lies about but it seems clear to me that he lies about something. It's evident in the way he talks.

I guess you know you are old when you dont get why people watch videos other people make anyway. i cant recall a time when some random person on you tube's opinion would be worth 10 minutes of my life.

Went to trade in a couple of 3ds games tonight and the manager told me to wait until Sunday because a 50% bonus was going to start. He’s a good guy, so take it for what it’s worth.

P.S. he said it was 50% bonus for games only. (not accessories) Had me trade in an old 3ds charger & Wii remote and handed me back my games. 👍

Same thing they told me. Nintendo always announces when retailers can start doing pre-orders though, they've done that for years now.

I don't foresee the Switch Lite being particularly hard to get ahold of at launch, but I still want to pre-order one myself since I already know I am going to pick one up.
The special Pokemon edition might be though.

Toys R Us had an awesome price match policy. Everyone bitched about their shitty markups (like with GameStop), but you could price match Amazon or any major retailer.

People exploiting GameStop by pricematching sale games, then immediately trading them in is probably going to kill it.
I love the fact that the local TRU, before going out of business, kept telling me they don't price match Gamestop, even though their site explicitly listed them as one of their competitors.

The ones I don't really get are watching other people play videos games. When I was a kid, if you went over to someone's house and they just had you watch them play, you didn't ever want to go back. Now people subscribe for the privilege.
As if that weren’t enough, people throws tens of hundreds dollars at streamers. Some even make more in one stream session than your avg GameStop Store mgr annual salary.

A few years back, that popped up cheap on Amazon, and I grabbed a copy, but have yet to open it. A few months back someone mentioned the high prices for it. Unless I come across another dirt cheap copy someday, I'll probably open it and play it, but I just wanted to brag a bit, first.
Seems silly to open it.

Buy a second, already opened copy to play while selling yours for a premium.

Count me as one who had no idea the value of this had inflated so much. I own a complete copy I’d bought from Kmart years ago that I’d played some and sat aside. I need to finish it and sell it.

Seems silly to open it.

Buy a second, already opened copy to play while selling yours for a premium.

Count me as one who had no idea the value of this had inflated so much. I own a complete copy I’d bought from Kmart years ago that I’d played some and sat aside. I need to finish it and sell it.
I just don't really put a premium on sealed games. I buy them to play them. If it were older, like from the 90s, it would be different, or if there were a massive spike in value between complete and new, but price charting has the difference at $30 or so.

Noticed that some games I had, such as Bioshock Collection and BotW, dropped in TiV by today.

The manager at my home store told me the 50 percent extra trade with purchase of preowned starts next week. So the drop in value for botw makes sense unfortunately. Hoping the rest of the switch values hold :).

Seems odd to me that they would drop BotW of all titles under 25. That one was sitting at 30 even after being out so long. Usually that and Mario Kart are solid bets to be top tier.
Hopefully it's not a preview of what they are going to do to the rest of the top tier Switch games tomorrow.

Did certs come back online after going down in the past couple days (yesterday I think)? Getting worried, and may cash out on overpriced $5 eShop credits.

The store I was in yesterday had signage up for a 50% trade promo. Didn't say when it started or ended. Also didn't say any purchase or anything else was necessary. Meant to ask the guy but got sidetracked with the certs not being available. I'm going back today, I will find out.

Hey guys, you didnt hear this from me and we were told to keep it on the down low. Ganestop is now doing price matches on new games, consoles, and accessories its only on new products and from Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy.. Literally started yesterday like we were told not to go around telling everyone only if a customer asks for it. So there's your bit of help, also dont tell everyone 😂
Went to my local GS and they said no and laughed about it. Haha

Today I returned a preowned game from the b2g1 promo and was given cash even though I paid in trade credit. I should have went to my home store yday. I was given credit yday on a gift card from 2 games from b2g1

So I’m completely 100% done with gamestop. Ordered Xbox 360s as part of my b2g1 free and every single Xbox I’ve gotten has a problem or I was sent/given the wrong one. One of them came completely crushed with roaches in the box! Not even lying. I don’t know how gamestop is remotely even in business doing bs like this.

The sad part is this isn’t even the first time I’ve had this problem. No matter how good the promo is it literally doesn’t matter because if you order something using that credit (new or used) you’re 90 percent likely to get the wrong item or something busted up and it’s a fight it get your money back. Absolutely bs

So I’m completely 100% done with gamestop. Ordered Xbox 360s as part of my b2g1 free and every single Xbox I’ve gotten has a problem or I was sent/given the wrong one. One of them came completely crushed with roaches in the box! Not even lying. I don’t know how gamestop is remotely even in business doing bs like this.

The sad part is this isn’t even the first time I’ve had this problem. No matter how good the promo is it literally doesn’t matter because if you order something using that credit (new or used) you’re 90 percent likely to get the wrong item or something busted up and it’s a fight it get your money back. Absolutely bs
[emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji2961]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Was it shipped from a store or the warehouse (UPS label packing slip)? I could see a store slipping up but that's absolutely ridiculous if it's the warehouse.

I don't know why they even bother with original model 360s anymore. Especially with their glorified towel trick refurb, they're all going to fail sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back