2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
guy on the gamestop discord was saying he wouldnt honor any store holds, asked for their store # so I could talk to district and got banned from their discord lol

I'll give an example of a transaction I just made with 50% bonus. Just cause 4 trades for $11 with pro. I received $16 trade credit towards a pre owned new super Mario bros u deluxe. More examples: spiderman $20.80 kingdom hearts 3 14.40 yea that one tanked
Also: I picked up a reaper and widowmaker
The mei snowball went missing mysteriously

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I can confirm that you get 70% bonus trade credit for Elite PUR members. I bought Madden 25 for Xbox 360 for $0.63 and it triggered the trade in bonus.

Madden 25

https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/madden-nfl-25/107521

pro.jpg

Got pickup confirmations on like 3+ Plasma Rifles, a Junkrat Nendo, and a Sora Nendo. Definitely getting a Plasma Rifle, but might pass on the Sora since the store that has it is in the middle of a clusterfuck of construction and instertate closures.

Also got a pickup confirmation for a Mei Snowball. Called the store and they said it was confirmed for me, so I'll risk the drive for it.

EDIT: Ugh...the store with the Mei Snowball also confirmed my Widowmaker Figma. So I HAVE to go now

Has anyone tried to stack the trade bonus by preordering Fire Emblem or Marvel ultimate Alliance along with a preowned purchase for a possible 50%+20%+10/20%(pro/elite) bonus?

Got pickup confirmations on like 3+ Plasma Rifles, a Junkrat Nendo, and a Sora Nendo. Definitely getting a Plasma Rifle, but might pass on the Sora since the store that has it is in the middle of a clusterfuck of construction and instertate closures.

Also got a pickup confirmation for a Mei Snowball. Called the store and they said it was confirmed for me, so I'll risk the drive for it.

EDIT: Ugh...the store with the Mei Snowball also confirmed my Widowmaker Figma. So I HAVE to go now
You need 3 of the same statue.... because why?

I called Best Buy and they were able to price match Widowmaker online, but wouldn't do Genji since it's not in stock within 25 miles of me, which I didn't realize was a stipulation. There's a Widowmaker 24.6 miles from me. I was able to order Reaper from GS last night though, so happy with the two I got

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Imagine an overweight adult walking up to you at the counter and buying (3!!!) Of the same statue, so that no one else could get them. Absolutely pathetic

sure are a lot of judgemental people in here, ever think people are doing multiple holds at different stores because of the possibility of cancellations, or stores not actually holding the item? i guess the internet is the best place to hide behind your own shortcomings though, keep tearing others down to build yourself up, you'll go far.

Imagine an overweight adult walking up to you at the counter and buying (3!!!) Of the same statue, so that no one else could get them. Absolutely pathetic
You won’t say nothing to no one in person. You look down when people look at you. You mumble yes or no. And when your at GameStop you feel nervous/anxiety when they ask you if you want to buy disc warranty or preorder a game.

PATHETIC

You won’t say nothing to no one in person. You look down when people look at you. You mumble yes or no. And when your at GameStop you feel nervous/anxiety when they ask you if you want to buy disc warranty or preorder a game.

PATHETIC
Thanks for going more in-depth than I did on these people. This is exactly how these spergs act not only at gamestop but probably everywhere too.

Does anyone know how long they hold a store pickup for? I managed to find a Panther figma at a nearby store but I can't go get it until tomorrow.

sure are a lot of judgemental people in here, ever think people are doing multiple holds at different stores because of the possibility of cancellations, or stores not actually holding the item? i guess the internet is the best place to hide behind your own shortcomings though, keep tearing others down to build yourself up, you'll go far.
That's still the same situation as buying 3 of them, even worse I'd say especially since it seems hes doing it over multiple stores meaning even more people cant get it.

Imagine being a younger kid asking your parents to take you to gamestop to get a cheap statue because of a big sale gamestop started, just to get there and be told a 30+ year old adult reserved all the copies of the ACTION FIGURE around you so that he could just get one for himself.

Not to mention its pretty sad anyone 30+ would want an action figure in the first place.

Not to mention its pretty sad anyone 30+ would want an action figure in the first place.
Know what is sad, a loser like you posting the same shit over and over again about 30+ year old fat dudes. You have no clue what anyone on here looks like or why they collect things. Seems like you just have a fetish for 30 year old fat dudes. Get a life....

Kids don’t even know about sales...or care about statues they want vbucks or Fortnite stuff

Your buggin...your probably mad things are sold out online cause your scared of going into an actual gamestop. You tremble with fear when there’s a minority behind you trading in nba 2k.

Know what is sad, a loser like you posting the same shit over and over again about 30+ year old fat dudes. You have no clue what anyone on here looks like or why they collect things. Seems like you just have a fetish for 30 year old fat dudes. Get a life....
Eichel sucks dood, calm down

PATHETIC

Imagine being so butthurt over a gamestop forum you have to take time to write this beautiful passage towards your fellow gamers who are only looking for good deals, and good come ups.

You, my friend, are not pathetic. But you do need better ways to spend your time other than fuming online over people’s shopping traits,

The cheap ass judgment thread should stay in your Mom’s house. God bless you CAG’s

I’m talking about that guy who is calling everyone fat and 30 years old, the guy who keeps saying people are pathetic for buying action figures

I’m not talking about anyone else but him..

I just got a call from a gamestop saying that theyll hold my fallout rifle for an hour only. Dont know if all gamestops are doing this or just some.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I just got a call from a gamestop saying that theyll hold my fallout rifle for an hour only. Dont know if all gamestops are doing this or just some.
Call back and ask them if that's the district policy, cuz it's definitely not GameStop's policy and they'll probably get in trouble

Lol at all the butthurt and shit on the last few pages. Regardless got my Mei Snowball, my Widowmaker, and Plasma Rifle.

Special shoutout to Jurai for posting thoses links, otherwise I wouldn't have seen them

I saw people in the discord before I got banned saying they got chewed out by the dm for doing it

I’m talking about that guy who is calling everyone fat and 30 years old, the guy who keeps saying people are pathetic for buying action figures

I’m not talking about anyone else but him..
I think he's just another alternate parody account considering they just joined on July 10. I ignore the parody accounts as it's fairly obvious they do not add anything constructive here and are attention seeking.

Got a Power Ranger Pistol and have a Fallout Plasma Rifle on hold from 3 different locations. I was surprised that the employees didn't just decline my request and got the stuff themselves.I only need one anyway.

😂

Call back and ask them if that's the district policy, cuz it's definitely not GameStop's policy and they'll probably get in trouble
Just went to another gamestop and got everything I wanted there and I just called them back and cancelled my hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back