2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Fallout Plasma Rifle, white ranger sword, Freddy Krueger glove

On hold and picking up are Mei’s snowball & Harry Potter and Goblert of Fire 2 pack

Got the Fallout Plasma Rifle, white ranger sword, Freddy Krueger glove

On hold and picking up are Mei’s snowball & Harry Potter and Goblert of Fire 2 pack
Krueger glove is the one thing I was after that nowhere had :/ Got the rest though! Rifle, pistol, Saba, and a power fist. Had a rifle and pistol already so these are getting a Nuka Cola paintjob.

So far got 2 power fists, a plasma rifle, dva nendroid, and a hold on a mei nendroid. Also picked up a Red nendroid. Wasn’t $20, but a great deal for $30

If anyone in West Phoenix had trouble finding a Saba, this is probably why: 
20190715-113204.jpg

$50 price "not negotiable"

Couldn't find a single Saba sword, actually there this one store that had it for store pickup, but they've been cancelling all of my pickup requests.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I like how the GameStop by me doesn’t even inspect at the n64 carts I trade in. I might as well buy replacement labels for conkers or some other high trade in item and just tape it on there lol. Also one 30 mins away has a fake conkers for sale and I’m pretty sure they don’t even know...

Couldn't find a single Saba sword, actually there this one store that had it for store pickup, but they've been cancelling all of my pickup requests.

that's probably an employee either hoarding or refusing to do holds, if you feel salty you could get the number for district and let them know, if they're doing it intentionally they aren't supposed to

that's probably an employee either hoarding or refusing to do holds, if you feel salty you could get the number for district and let them know, if they're doing it intentionally they aren't supposed to
This is the excuse they gave me: "it is on hold for another customer". How is that even making any sense? I literally put my request in the moment availability pop back up at that store. It would be more believable if they just outright lie "we can't find it". I don't know how to get number for District so I burned him with a survey.

This is the excuse they gave me: "it is on hold for another customer". How is that even making any sense? I literally put my request in the moment availability pop back up at that store. It would be more believable if they just outright lie "we can't find it". I don't know how to get number for District so I burned him with a survey.
There have been at least 2 instances where I've heard employees tell customers over the phone that they have to put the hold request in through the app, or else someone else can claim it. I don't know why the employees don't just put their own requests in through the app, it would save a lot of headaches for everyone. I have to reserve items at 3 different stores because I'm paranoid 1 or 2 will cancel, then I have to either buy the items or waste more of their time by calling to cancel the hold.

I like how the GameStop by me doesn’t even inspect at the n64 carts I trade in. I might as well buy replacement labels for conkers or some other high trade in item and just tape it on there lol. Also one 30 mins away has a fake conkers for sale and I’m pretty sure they don’t even know...
They don't have the tools or the time to train people on that sort of thing. Supposedly their warehouse is supposed to weed out the fakes, but that doesn't happen either. Gamestop retro is kind of a crapshoot...think about it this way before actually label swapping..someone else is going to get that and be horribly disappointed/irritated...for what, $30 or $25? Not worth it in karma cost if you ask me.

There have been at least 2 instances where I've heard employees tell customers over the phone that they have to put the hold request in through the app, or else someone else can claim it. I don't know why the employees don't just put their own requests in through the app, it would save a lot of headaches for everyone. I have to reserve items at 3 different stores because I'm paranoid 1 or 2 will cancel, then I have to either buy the items or waste more of their time by calling to cancel the hold.
seeing they can not buy items while on the clock doing things like this may raise some red flags

Any reason for not being able to purchase a game in store?
I stopped by my store today for the 3 for $15 sale and I was denied the sale because my nephew (13y old) brought the games to the counter. One of the games was M rated TitanFall 2, and they wouldn't sell them to me even though I was paying for it.

I stopped by my store today for the 3 for $15 sale and I was denied the sale because my nephew (13y old) brought the games to the counter. One of the games was M rated TitanFall 2, and they wouldn't sell them to me even though I was paying for it.
I would have called his DM. That’s pure idiocy on behalf of the associate.

I decided to trade my switch games since I suspect an incoming nuking to the TiVs. 

As an aside, I had a GS associate call me this afternoon to let me know that my holds for the plasma rifle and power fist expired early for some reason. He mentioned that there were multiple hold requests that came in after it expired and wanted to know if he should continue to hold it for me until the end of the day or not.

I said yes, please and went and picked it up this evening. That was cool of him to call me instead of just letting someone else take my hold.

I'm posting this as a possible reason for some of the other hold request issues that I have read today.

He was doing his job.
If someone who is over 17 wants to buy M rated games for WHOEVER THEY WANT no associate should deny them, period. The associate can go through 'why' the games are rated M, but in the end, they have no right to deny the sale to someone who is of appropriate age to buy them. The associate was being an idiot in this case.

If someone who is over 17 wants to buy M rated games for WHOEVER THEY WANT no associate should deny them, period. The associate can go through 'why' the games are rated M, but in the end, they have no right to deny the sale to someone who is of appropriate age to buy them. The associate was being an idiot in this case.

No. The person that let a kid walk up to buy the games is the idiot.

How in Dante's 9th Circle of Hell do you think so many 10 year olds play Call of Duty or GTA games? It doesn't MATTER who is playing the games, if a person who is above the age required by the rating is buying the games, it doesn't matter. You can question the wisdom of it all you like, but in the end, at the register, a person of age cannot and should not be denied a sale, period.

You are wrong. Only mistake is the kid trying to buy said games which triggered the worker. Forcing him to take precaution. Maybe next time the buyer should pay attention. Its his fault. Get over it.

If a 13 year old tries to buy cigarettes proceeds to get denied. Then you walk up and say you are his uncle and its ok. The worker will also deny that sell. Its not rocket science. Its training.

He didn't go to the counter by himself. He was with me the whole time as I was picking up a $20 clearance figure on hold, and I was gonna buy the games in the same transaction. He simply placed the games on the counter without saying a word. The associate denied the sale because my nephew simply had the games in his hands.

He didn't go to the counter by himself. He was with me the whole time as I was picking up a $20 clearance figure on hold, and I was gonna buy the games in the same transaction. He simply placed the games on the counter without saying a word. The associate denied the sale because my nephew simply had the games in his hands.

Fake news. Are you ok?

I decided to trade my switch games since I suspect an incoming nuking to the TiVs.

As an aside, I had a GS associate call me this afternoon to let me know that my holds for the plasma rifle and power fist expired early for some reason. He mentioned that there were multiple hold requests that came in after it expired and wanted to know if he should continue to hold it for me until the end of the day or not.

I said yes, please and went and picked it up this evening. That was cool of him to call me instead of just letting someone else take my hold.

I'm posting this as a possible reason for some of the other hold request issues that I have read today.
Two cancellations at one location just seems far too convenient of a coincidence for me.

If a 13 year old tries to buy cigarettes proceeds to get denied. Then you walk up and say you are his uncle and its ok. The worker will also deny that sell. Its not rocket science. Its training.
You seriously just compared a video game to a pack of smokes ?

You are a clown and a half bro 🤡

You are wrong. Only mistake is the kid trying to buy said games which triggered the worker. Forcing him to take precaution. Maybe next time the buyer should pay attention. Its his fault. Get over it.

How old are you? Hopefully not an adult, given how ignorant you come off.

seeing they can not buy items while on the clock doing things like this may raise some red flags
They know about these clearance sales in advance. Even if they work Saturday night, they can put something on hold after their shift and still have all Sunday to pick it up.

For anyone who has experience buying new Nintendo Switch games at Gamestop.com, do they always come sealed? When I used to order Wii U games from them "brand new", they'd often come opened and sometimes with stickers directly on the case and scratches on the disc. Scratches won't be an issue with Switch games, but just wondering if I'll have to deal with those nasty stickers directly on the case. 

Also, anyone have any experience with their used controllers for last gen consoles?

Didn't see anyone mention these two 20 dollar things:

Power Rangers Thunder Megazord:

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/mighty-morphin-power-ranger-thunder-megazord-action-figure/165556

Power Rangers Tigerzord

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/mighty-morphing-power-rangers-white-tigerzord-figure/165563

My gf lucked out and was able to put on hold and successfully pick up both.

I was surprised they held it as long as they did, my holds always end up problematic in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back