2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So don't really want my switch. Better off trading in to gamestop at $200 or selling online?

If I sell at $250 on Ebay, I have to pay fees. $10 paypal fee,$20ish ebay fee and $15 shipping. So same as gamestop.

Haven't had any luck with local selling. Have pokemon pikachu and 2 xenoblade games.

It's on swappa, still not sure if my pricing is good or not. Take a look and tell me if you think pricing is fair or not.

https://swappa.com/listing/view/LRVQ28729
Wasn’t particularly interested, just was scrolling and happened to click the link out of curiosity. The price of your Switch is extremely excessive. If you are able to get someone to
Buy it at that price more power to you.

But I can literally buy a brand new switch AND those games for less than what you are selling

Consider revising

Wasn’t particularly interested, just was scrolling and happened to click the link out of curiosity. The price of your Switch is extremely excessive. If you are able to get someone to
Buy it at that price more power to you.

But I can literally buy a brand new switch AND those games for less than what you are selling

Consider revising
Thanks,you think the $400 offer is good then?

I priced it out, but maybe I'm a bit off on pricing.
$250 switch
$40 pokemon
$30 XC2 Expansion
$40 base XC2
$40 Smash Ultimate
$10 eshop credit
$20 Case + 64gb sd

$430 total. Will likely go at $400, since I have give some kind of discount.

You can easily Get New Switch around $270 - $280. Pokemon Let go $30 or less, Xenoblaze 2 $20, Xenoblaze 2 Expansion $20, Super Smash Brother $40, Base around $30, 128 GB $20 or less. New Switch bundle up with $30 E-shop card.  Everything is Brand New. (Target messed up Xenoblaze price few months ago, Pokemon Let go on sale lasted week $30. You figureout the match.  $400 is OK for Mint Switch with all the extra.

I priced it out, but maybe I'm a bit off on pricing.
$250 switch
$40 pokemon
$30 XC2 Expansion
$40 base XC2
$40 Smash Ultimate
$10 eshop credit
$20 Case + 64gb sd

$430 total. Will likely go at $400, since I have give some kind of discount.
Should have accepted $400...$350 would be priced to sell imo

B2G1 preowned gets 3 aaa switch games for $95 with elite

Digital games don’t count unless they buy and want to use your account.

$250 for a used switch is also high (no warranty, joy con drift, battery drain)

case and sd card are nice but “value” is neglible

I would take the $400 offer honestly. I feel the digital games are worth just a bit honestly like around $10 (I don't value digital games that highly heh). The physical games are OK, but are getting cheap everywhere. The memory card cheap too. The protector especially since it's starting to peal seems worth $0 to me. Just my opinion, but I would offer $350 at most. I would most likely just purchase stuff new anyway, because I generally prefer new systems even if they're barely used. I only got my Vita used because that cow website BB used to run was offering a  one day sale, and I got it for less than a hundred. It is a very nice Vita just missing the AR cards.

Just an FYI I got my son a like new Switch with Let’s go Pikachu a very nice Zelda case a 128gb Card plus a $35 E-Shop card unused for $265 via FB Marketplace last week.

Just an FYI I got my son a like new Switch with Let’s go Pikachu a very nice Zelda case a 128gb Card plus a $35 E-Shop card unused for $265 via FB Marketplace last week.
Pretty good, close to $180 switches on FB last time.

Went to trade in some games and the associate told me about the new power pass. $20 a month to rent new games and keep as long as you want. You can also buy for preowned price when you return it.

Went to trade in some games and the associate told me about the new power pass. $20 a month to rent new games and keep as long as you want. You can also buy for preowned price when you return it.
That sounds like a regional test market kind of thing, because otherwise that would be all over the place.

Which means... a region would be appreciated. :whistle2:

I plan on trading in about $250 of credit later today with the 50% promo. Anyone have an elite pro phone number they would kindly give me. I have pro but really want the extra credit over the points. A midwest number would be dope. Pm me. thanks.

7LffS0a.png

toasterMekong, since you're too much of a coward to express your idiocy publicly, I figure I just respond to you here since you lurk anyway and chime in whenever you want instead of ever contributing anything to the community.

I was responding to someone who had a question that some other CAG probably had as well. It's an honest question and (hopefully) helped out a few people. This isn't an exploit, it's a valid use of PUR certificates and clearly since TC can't be used, there was a distinction made between the two in their system.

Additionally, no one accumulates enough points to make any of this worthwhile. I've had Elite since it has launched, trade/flip constantly, and points don't accumulate enough to make this feature "exploitative" at all.

On top of all this, you've been here just over a year. I've been on CAG for almost 16 years (which is probably how old you are). I've seen it all, between the TRU bundle sales to the K-Mart CAG representative. If, on the off-chance GS decides to "kill" this just because of my one post, there will always be something else. And that something else will be shared among us in this community instead of hoarding in your tiny mind to use once every three months or so. You would know that if Fortnite wasn't your first video game.

I plan on trading in about $250 of credit later today with the 50% promo. Anyone have an elite pro phone number they would kindly give me. I have pro but really want the extra credit over the points. A midwest number would be dope. Pm me. thanks.
I was about to PM you but then I remembered I'm trade banned until October :/

toasterMekong, since you're too much of a coward to express your idiocy publicly, I figure I just respond to you here since you lurk anyway and chime in whenever you want instead of ever contributing anything to the community.

I was responding to someone who had a question that some other CAG probably had as well. It's an honest question and (hopefully) helped out a few people. This isn't an exploit, it's a valid use of PUR certificates and clearly since TC can't be used, there was a distinction made between the two in their system.

Additionally, no one accumulates enough points to make any of this worthwhile. I've had Elite since it has launched, trade/flip constantly, and points don't accumulate enough to make this feature "exploitative" at all.

On top of all this, you've been here just over a year. I've been on CAG for almost 16 years (which is probably how old you are). I've seen it all, between the TRU bundle sales to the K-Mart CAG representative. If, on the off-chance GS decides to "kill" this just because of my one post, there will always be something else. And that something else will be shared among us in this community instead of hoarding in your tiny mind to use once every three months or so. You would know that if Fortnite wasn't your first video game.
What you posted about the pur certs has been known for awhile, so if anything they would've killed it by now.

i would discourage anyone from sharing their phone number to your PUR account. it allows someone to redeem your rewards and possibly update contact info at POS, in addition to getting banned when someone decides to go ham on an exploit using your account.

i would discourage anyone from sharing their phone number to your PUR account. it allows someone to redeem your rewards and possibly update contact info at POS, in addition to getting banned when someone decides to go ham on an exploit using your account.
How can I use someone Elite pro acc to trade in then? Legit dont know anyone in my area with one and I want the extra trade credit.

you're probably just out of luck until someone makes the risky decision to help you by sharing their phone number. and if the employee sees something fishy (address on account is across the country, etc), they could try to get the account flagged by loss prevention. so now the person trying to help you gets screwed.

you're probably just out of luck until someone makes the risky decision to help you by sharing their phone number. and if the employee sees something fishy (address on account is across the country, etc), they could try to get the account flagged by loss prevention. so now the person trying to help you gets screwed.
My local store knows me by name and they dont give af. having my elite pro expire really sucks cocks.

It's called not getting what you want.  Life's full of it.  Stop expecting someone to make a bad decision to share their account info with you and just deal with trading at the Pro rate. 

The guys at my gamestops know me well, know i'm not trading in stolen stuff, and they still won't take shrinkwrapped games from me. I don't take it personally though. Its a rule they have to follow.
My store will take shrinkwrapped items only if you have proof of purchase. If i have my receipt from when I bought it, they'll take it.

It's called not getting what you want. Life's full of it. Stop expecting someone to make a bad decision to share their account info with you and just deal with trading at the Pro rate.
Is that what it was called? to think all these years on this earth and I wasn't aware of that. Well you know what man, thank you so much for enlightening me on this fact. You are a true visionary, a maverick amongst men. Some might even say you are a Gospel man...

-Also not necessarily a bad decision in my case since the dudes at my gamestop know me personally for many years, hook me up with the retro games they can't take in, and hook it up with cases n manuals they are tossing out. Hell friends used my elite pro many times for trades in the last year. Funny story one time my buddy left his id with them after using my acc to trade and the employee called my number saying you left your id at our store and I was like "oh dam really? that was yesterday, you mean ive been driving without my license for the past day" and shes like no you just left our store, this is the account info you gave us and im like ohhhh thats my buddy lol.

I'm at the point where I hate even saying my phone number aloud in the stores with all the stuff that's happened to people's accounts w/google play cards and such. Nothing against anyone here who asks, but anyone who shares their rewards phone number is taking something of a risk.
Just type your phone number in on the pad...

Debating on trading in Nier so I can get upgrade to the Game of the Yoruba edition but not sure if it’s worth it. Also really surprised how high Secret of Mana TIV is right now.
probably not worth it. the disc is identical to base version. all the DLC is through a code. so a used copy is worthless for sure. and unless a new copy is really cheap, you're better off just buying the DLC yourself. I only know because I looked at a used one in GS last night, thought it was mispriced. BUt I googled it real quick and it turns out that its priced low because its pointless.

probably not worth it. the disc is identical to base version. all the DLC is through a code. so a used copy is worthless for sure. and unless a new copy is really cheap, you're better off just buying the DLC yourself. I only know because I looked at a used one in GS last night, thought it was mispriced. BUt I googled it real quick and it turns out that its priced low because its pointless.
Thank you very much for that as I’ve really been going back and forth on whether or not it was worth it.

It’s worth it

Base value is $10

50% bonus with elite pro makes it $17

Game of Yorha edition is currently $24.99

$7.99 to have ALL of the dlc. There’s no way you are getting it cheaper than that

I’m doing this today and picking up a new copy with DLC code

It’s worth it

Base value is $10

50% bonus with elite pro makes it $17

Game of Yorha edition is currently $24.99

$7.99 to have ALL of the dlc. There’s no way you are getting it cheaper than that

I’m doing this today and picking up a new copy with DLC code
Counterpoint-the DLC isn’t worth $7.99

I'm at the point where I hate even saying my phone number aloud in the stores with all the stuff that's happened to people's accounts w/google play cards and such. Nothing against anyone here who asks, but anyone who shares their rewards phone number is taking something of a risk.
I still have my Elite Pro card, and I have the employees scan it every time I purchase something. I never give them my phone number. I had someone redeem for a Google Play card last night from my account. Had to spend 40 minutes on the phone to get my points back.

May be a long shot but if anyone has a gamestop near them with the Bravo Team VR Aim bundle that they clearanced out for $50 a couple months back I be mighty grateful if I could compensate you for the item shipping and time. I need it to complete the set. Heck I'd even buy just the box if possible.
It’s not often I see my local GameStop mentioned 😁 always try to help out fellow cag’s, so I picked that Aim bundle for ya’. I’ll message you.

When was the last time before that you went to GS?

It just seems so widespread to me that there has to be something more to it. Lots of secure accounts that have no shared passwords, it's ongoing, fairly well reported, and it's always for google play cards. Every time. Might even be something faulty in their web code perhaps?
If I was a betting man, I'd say it is a lot less likely that the clientele that I see at the store can a) remember a phone number and b) know how to use it on the gamestop website. So unless it's an employee...

99/100 times this is going to be web related (whether it's GS site or user negligence (malware, bad password habits, etc)

The fact that it is "always google play" reminds me of the fifa ultimate team fiasco.

So I have to ask has anyone traded in PS2 games recently? I went to like 5 different GameStops this week and every single one of them told me that they couldn’t take my PS2 games because they weren’t in the system.

So I have to ask has anyone traded in PS2 games recently? I went to like 5 different GameStops this week and every single one of them told me that they couldn’t take my PS2 games because they weren’t in the system.
did you search for their values online? if they show up there, they should show up on the stores systems as well.

I appreciate the concern, but I was going to change it to my old Illinois phone number for him to use, then change it back when he was done. I didn't have any coupons to redeem, but if I did, I'd just call customer service and since it was a purchase 1,000 miles away, they'd refund them. I still use my card, so even if the contact info was changed I would just go to my store and have it changed back. My biggest concern was my number getting shared again and someone going ham like you said, but that's why I planned on changing it back afterwards.

TL:DR It's definitely not smart to share my account, helping a CAG was worth a potential hour of inconvenience

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back