2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade in ban question. My brother traded in two Xbox 360 batteries on my account with his id. I traded 4 in today on my account with my id. Do they go by id, account, or both. I'd hate to get banned for trading in 6 battery packs, when I really only traded four.
A battery pack party!

Kidding aside it could depend on one other previously unmentioned item. You’re better off doing a test trade to in fact confirm if you are or not

Woo: Found a copy of minecraft 360 for cheap to trade into gamestop during the bump

Boo: Accidentally bought resident evil umbrella chronicles again because it was cheap and I thought I didn't own it. :(

I knew this day would come eventually, I honestly have no recollection of buying umbrella chronicles for the wii before. The copy I bought today at the thrift store was more beat up too.
This is why I keep both a spreadsheet with all my games in it, as well as entered my entire collection at www.pricecharting.com then when i'm shopping for games, I put the title in at pricecharting to see if its a good price or not, and it also tells me at a quick glance if its already in my collection.

This is why I keep both a spreadsheet with all my games in it, as well as entered my entire collection at www.pricecharting.com then when i'm shopping for games, I put the title in at pricecharting to see if its a good price or not, and it also tells me at a quick glance if its already in my collection.
You sound like a blast.

Good advice / piece of knowledge to know!! Thanks!

Some butthole just used my points to buy a fucking Google 10 dollar credit. Changed my password obvi, and found the code still on my account. Put it on Google and used it... So they accomplished nothing except wasting my points. Awesome.

I know I could call CS but who really wants to deal with that nightmare? I guess as long as it doesn't expire I'll use it eventually for something.

Ugh. Couldn't have been psn credit...

Woo: Found a copy of minecraft 360 for cheap to trade into gamestop during the bump

Boo: Accidentally bought resident evil umbrella chronicles again because it was cheap and I thought I didn't own it. :(

I knew this day would come eventually, I honestly have no recollection of buying umbrella chronicles for the wii before. The copy I bought today at the thrift store was more beat up too.
Done this a few times myself. Took pictures of all my games stacked in alphabetical order (the spines) to zoom in on when I need to see if I already have something or not. All organized by console of course.

So we can expect trade in prices to update? tomorrow morning? Never waited for trade in stealth bumps before.

The "my game collection" app is awesome... I have almost 1400 games and it's super simple to see what I have and don't have. It also does toys to life if you're into that.

Fyi gcu is stacking rn for the best buy black Friday in July sale so like wwe 2k19($12) would be a good flip to gamestop ($13 base) dont know about any other games besides that

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So I traded in my switch on Tuesday, also renewed my Pro membership in same transaction.

I got points for renewing and also b2g1 coupon, but no points for switch trade in. Not sure why I haven't gotten anything, does it usually take this long?

Found some more Best buy to gamestop flips

Hellblade-$12 with gcu ($12 base [ps4])
Mario rabbidd-$16 with gcu ($13 base)
Flashback- $8 with gcu ( $7 base) [ps4]
Nascar heat 3- $12 with gcu ($9 base [ps4])
NBA 2k19 - $12 with gcu ( $10 base[xbox])
Sega genesis classics- $12 with gcu ($10 base [ps4])
NBA 2k playgrounds 2 - $12 with gcu ($9 base) [xbox]
The golf club 2019- $16 with gcu ($12 base)[ps4]
Just dance 2019- $16 with gcu ($13 base [Wii & Wiiu])
Monster jam steel titans- $16 with gcu ($15 base [ps4])
MX vs ATV all out - $16 with gcu ($12 base [ps4])
Overcooked 2- $16 with gcu ($13 base [ps4])
Paw patrol on a roll - $16 with gcu ($15 base [ps4])
Lego marvel collection - $16 with gcu ($13 base) [ps4/xbox/switch]
Lego DC super-villains- $16 with gcu ($13 base) [ps4/xbox/switch]
Lego incredibles- $16 with gcu ($12 base) [ps4/xbox/switch]
Lego movie 2- $16 with gcu ($12 base) [ps4/xbox/switch]

Assuming that the 50% extra is still on and if the bonus from elite also stacks and if gcu is still working as well
This will be good till Saturday

I need some help with Trade In/Store Credit asap and not sure who to talk to/contact.

I had $100 in Trade In/Store Credit

On July 23rd, I ordered $93.78 worth of Games and Items from Gamestop.com
I went to purchase an item today instore, pulled out my card.. only to find out I have NO credit left.

Where did my 6.22 go?
Is this a glitch, what's going on!?

(Edit: The items have NOT shipped yet)
Things have gotten weirder.

My order of games from the site have no been canceled... yet my card still says 0 Balance.

I will call first thing in the morning.

app showing mini bump of $27 base for top tier switch games
I just came in to report this,$45.90 with 50% in Cali & elite pro. An increase of $3.40 from last week's 50% toward preown sale.

Games like division 2 and such are back to normal price so they have a decent trade in value, $20 base. Really good turn around if you got it with b2g1. 😎

Dot hack already sold out, but I found another one:

Conker's Bad Fur Day $35 (trades in for 35 base) - https://www.gamestop.com/games/conkers-bad-fur-day/122478
Tempted on conker but I'm paranoid since one of my two orders got flagged.

Thanks for pointing that one out.

There's a ton of other decent deals on there especially if you still have elite.

Secret of mana, megaman 1 are good.

A lot of prices are weird however the best sales I've seen have been ones marked price drop:

https://www.gamestop.com/browse/games?nav=16k-3-vintage,28-xp0,13ffff2418-6-162

Thanks, locked in 2 CBFD, based is much higher than Xenosaga for the price. Elite and cag code works wonders. Paid with my debt, don't want no issues with my GC if the order gets canceled or something.
Same got 2, hopefully the trade in value stays when it gets here

Thanks for the heads up on CBFD, I also ordered 2 for less than $50.

Bought KH3, Division 2, and Dark Souls Remastered during the B2G1 sale. Traded them in last week with the 50% bonus for $49, now with the 70% boost would of been $74.80 ouch. 

Some butthole just used my points to buy a fucking Google 10 dollar credit. Changed my password obvi, and found the code still on my account. Put it on Google and used it... So they accomplished nothing except wasting my points. Awesome.

I know I could call CS but who really wants to deal with that nightmare? I guess as long as it doesn't expire I'll use it eventually for something.

Ugh. Couldn't have been psn credit...
When this happened to me I got my points back in under 5 minutes. I told them what happened and the rep acted like it was old hat. We changed password via email, I got put on hold for 2 minutes, I refreshed my account, and I had the points back.

Back in February when they did double points, I was missing over 120,000 points on two transactions because the clerk had asked for my phone number but I think did not put it in. Called, explained, and got them back in under 15 minutes. They gave me an extra 5000 pts to boot.

My account got super compromised or hacked a bit after that and points got all messed up. I couldn't make sense of the totals for lifetime points, points redeemed, current points, the redemption history, or anything, and neither could Gamestop. None of it added up. It took a few weeks and 2 trips to a store due to some online vs in-store coupon confusion, but they gave me a new pro account via $20 off with said coupon (which didn't work properly for buying an account online, so I bought a $20 eShop card instead) and 180,000 points (34k more than I could tell were missing). Once they finally threw their hands up trying to figure out what had happened, one rep took over and called me every day at 5pm until I was all set.

Anyway, people are always saying how bad GS customer service is, but I have had nothing but positive experiences. Maybe I got lucky, but I always call in understanding my problem, with my account pulled up on my PC so I can see transaction history, and am polite and patient.

Where do you guys see that the 50% extra credit promotion is still active? I only see the 20% extra credit if you buy/preorder certain games on the website.  Is it only certain stores?

20p6mp5.png

*Offer expires 8/1/19 for SuperStar Edition. Offer expires 8/4/19 for Standard Edition. Valid on Standard edition of new release priced at $59.99, or on SuperStar edition of new release priced at $79.99. Guaranteed trade credit value of $59.99 is maximum net value for game trade. Promotional trade credit does not include tax. Cannot be combined with credit bonus for paid PowerUp Rewards memberships or any other offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

*Offer expires 8/1/19 for SuperStar Edition. Offer expires 8/4/19 for Standard Edition. Valid on Standard edition of new release priced at $59.99, or on SuperStar edition of new release priced at $79.99. Guaranteed trade credit value of $59.99 is maximum net value for game trade. Promotional trade credit does not include tax. Cannot be combined with credit bonus for paid PowerUp Rewards memberships or any other offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
Looks like that district-specific nonsense from MM2.

On another note, anyone else notice some ridiculous retro game price spikes? F-Zero GX for $65 and GTA 3 for Xbox $55

https://www.gamestop.com/games/f-zero-gx/25469

https://www.gamestop.com/games/grand-theft-auto-iii/152634

While the double pack of GTA III and Vice City is $10

https://www.gamestop.com/games/grand-theft-auto-double-pack-grand-theft-auto-iii-grand-theft-auto-vice-city/131360

Whatever happened, i think there in the process of trying to fix it. I tried to order ps1 tales of destiny, it sold let me add to cart, but not checkout without removing it

They're deadass selling Ocarina of Time for seventy bucks LMAOOOOO

https://m.gamestop.com/product/games/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time/122505

Yeah, I think someone's tampering with the retro prices or something. There's no version of reality where Conker is half the value of OoT.
I think they are inflating the "regular" prices in order to put them "on sale"

Pokemon Emerald was raised to $64.99 and is "on sale" for $39.99

https://www.gamestop.com/games/pokemon-emerald/37370

Maybe they are considering using a coupon on non-sale item approach to sale promotions then these "sale items" will disqualify them from coupons.

I think they are inflating the "regular" prices in order to put them "on sale"

Pokemon Emerald was raised to $64.99 and is "on sale" for $39.99

https://www.gamestop.com/games/pokemon-emerald/37370

Maybe they are considering using a coupon on non-sale item approach to sale promotions then these "sale items" will disqualify them from coupons.
But what I don't understand is that some games were reduced below market value like Gotcha Force...

https://www.gamestop.com/games/gotcha-force/31268

On the plus side, at least this will clear out all of the fake Conker's Bad Fur Days that GS has built a massive collection of. lol

I've spent thousands of dollars on GS retro and I have yet to encounter a fake *knocks on wood*
I think it is mainly GBA/GB Pokémon and the cartridge big boys like CBFD, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound (they don't take these in anymore I think,) and the like.

I am going to be purging all my retro that I don't actively want to play... but I do wish I could have snatched up a Bucky O'Hare for $40.

Anyway, people are always saying how bad GS customer service is, but I have had nothing but positive experiences. Maybe I got lucky, but I always call in understanding my problem, with my account pulled up on my PC so I can see transaction history, and am polite and patient.
Co-sign.

I was sent the wrong Vita game and they sent me the correct one - no questions asked. They even let me keep the other cartridge. When my trade credit didn't work correctly on the website (after it working without a hiccup many times before), they refunded my amount immediately. When my reward coupons expired without me using them, they refunding me the points.

And these were quick phone calls too - five, MAYBE 10 minutes.

When does csac end? Don’t see it on their site.
8/11/19

There were some good bumps Diablo Eternal XB1 $17 base, Rainbow Six Siege XB1 $13 base. It looks like some of the titles got a stealth drop though, Jurassic World Evolution PS4 is now $18 base although I'm sure it was $20 a couple days ago.

I wish I had a 50% bump store close to me.

I think it is mainly GBA/GB Pokémon and the cartridge big boys like CBFD, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound (they don't take these in anymore I think,) and the like.

I am going to be purging all my retro that I don't actively want to play... but I do wish I could have snatched up a Bucky O'Hare for $40.
Pokemon GB, GBC, GBA, and DS and never once got a fake. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe the amount of fakes have been overblown by people on Reddit and YouTube.

I've always thought Xenosaga looked interesting but never played it. I have a feeling if I bought the one posted a remastered collection would be announced shortly after.

Bought xenoblade chronicles 2 for $30 on black friday deal, can can get $43.20 as it's base of $27. Still not sure, XC 2 feels like a game that wont drop in price much.

For sure trading in let's go pikachu at $43.20, game going to get cheaper.

Pokemon GB, GBC, GBA, and DS and never once got a fake. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe the amount of fakes have been overblown by people on Reddit and YouTube.
Yeah you're definitely lucky. I buy a ton also and have gotten not just fakes, but wrong region & completely different game on numerous occasions. I had one GBA order I did earlier this year where all 3 games were fake - Minish Cap, Aladdin & Castlevania double pack. Not happy about that one.

And for those who got Conker, make sure it isn't fake. Received a fake one last year when I bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back