2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
20 stores per boss sounds like a lot but they could drop in on like 8 of them in one hour the way they’re laid out in most cities.

Quick question. In everyone's experience, when you have an expiration date for your pro account, do the benefits still work on the day of expiration, or do they stop on that day? My expiration date ends on 7/31, and I was going to go through the preowned stuff tomorrow, just for one last hurrah, but when I logged into my account and clicked the power up rewards order history, it says I've been downgraded to to player status, and am no longer receiving elite pro perks.

So now I'm concerned that if I don't do it tonight, it'll be too late tomorrow. I did check and I'm still getting 20% off when I add something to my cart. Any insight from someone who's membership previously expired would be really helpful.

Called around to a bunch of stores and can confirm they all got 1 pokemon switch allocated for preorder. That's nuts man.
My girlfriend preordered it for me during work since I was only half way through my shift and they said to her (before convincing her to renew my expired Pro membership that I havent upgraded in 8 years) they had 5 left.

My 2 move controllers get here today, should be able to trade them in later today. A nice $42 profit, will use towards switch lite.

How bad is left alive.really?

Looked interesting, sort of like MGS style, but hear it runs horrible and reviews are bad.

So I extended my Elite last year for one more year the last day you could do it and I could of sworn my elite was due to expire today or tomorrow. I logged into the GS app today, looked and it shows it expires in Nov 2019. Weird.

So I extended my Elite last year for one more year the last day you could do it and I could of sworn my elite was due to expire today or tomorrow. I logged into the GS app today, looked and it shows it expires in Nov 2019. Weird.

It’s supposed to expire from the day your original membership expired.

Person at my local store mentioned a test of 15% off on all pro accounts as a meet in the middle, between elite pro and regular pro. She was also clueless on the test of 0 discount and $5 monthly certs, so take that with a grain of salt..

Anyone else heard of this?

There has to be something else thrown in there. Something is missing from this. I can't see them upgrading regular pro % and downgrading elite would just piss those people off too.
Agreed ... downgrading elite (2025 ftw) would definitely piss me off lol

Agreed ... downgrading elite (2025 ftw) would definitely piss me off lol
Some employee I met a couple weeks ago swore it was completely impossible to stack more than 3 years of any membership on your account. Said the system wouldn't allow it lol

Some employee I met a couple weeks ago swore it was completely impossible to stack more than 3 years of any membership on your account. Said the system wouldn't allow it lol
As the saying goes POS or gtfo...

I’m elite til 10/25/25 (fingers crossed) according to the app and I stacked all of my years the day the news broke that the end was nigh.

And yes, it comes up almost every time I visit a store by the employee...first “elite” then “2025”...shock then awe :D

Was getting PSVR, but don't have the space for it.

Gamestop will give me $66 in credit for 2 moves, paid $22.

Camera is a bit of a loss, they give me $22.40,paid $25.

Payed $48, get $86.40 in credit.

I got 2 copies of conkers bad fur day for $50 couple days ago and got $119(59.50 ea) credit for them which is not that bad just that they wouldnt let me trade both of them at the same time so I had to go to another gamestop to trade the other copy :/

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I got 2 copies of conkers bad fur day for $50 couple days ago and got $119(59.50 ea) credit for them which is not that bad just that they wouldnt let me trade both of them at the same time so I had to go to another gamestop to trade the other copy :/

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That's standard Gamestop policy

So i looked at my messages on the app and noticed the trade a system towards a new ps4 mentions the slim 1tb on sale for $249. I dont see that price anywhere else but maybe its worth $25 to swap for a new console? The only benefit I suppose other than getting a shiny new console is the 20% off coupon and earning points.

So i looked at my messages on the app and noticed the trade a system towards a new ps4 mentions the slim 1tb on sale for $249. I dont see that price anywhere else but maybe its worth $25 to swap for a new console? The only benefit I suppose other than getting a shiny new console is the 20% off coupon and earning points.
Yeah, PS4 (500GB) gets $175 and (1TB) gets $225 towards the Slim at $250, so up to you if you want to reset the warranty.

Trading in accessories has no limit?, 2 moves should be fine right. You need a pair to use them anyways.
Accessories and games are treated differently in that regard. You can trade up to 4 at a time. Games are and have always been 1 at a time, according to official policy.

In some states you still have to pay sales tax on the full $250 purchase amount too

Prestige day is this Saturday, I have quite a few stores close this time. Likely some potential for boomerangs (w/ 50%).

How do prestige day sales work? Tshirts are 2 for 15, but my store never has any shirts in stock. Can they order them off the website for me?

Several months ago I ordered Mario Kart Double Dash as part of a buy 2, get 1 free deal and it didn't work. 

To get around the "must return everything" bullshit, I waited and ordered another MKDD hoping it worked and then I'd use the receipt from that to return my original defective copy. 

Except that one didn't work either. 

So I waited a while, and ordered another one. and then another one, and then another one. 

It's been many, many months, and it took 6 tries, but I finally got a working Mario Kart from these jackasses. Surprisingly, 4 of the 6 actually had the game's artwork (no manual of course though).

Several months ago I ordered Mario Kart Double Dash as part of a buy 2, get 1 free deal and it didn't work.
To get around the "must return everything" bullshit, I waited and ordered another MKDD hoping it worked and then I'd use the receipt from that to return my original defective copy.
So I waited a while, and ordered another one. and then another one, and then another one.

It's been many, many months, and it took 6 tries, but I finally got a working Mario Kart from these jackasses. Surprisingly, 4 of the 6 actually had the game's artwork (no manual of course though).
I've been there on a couple games (but not 6x deep like you). I even had the same thing happen on MK DD like you.

GameStop's GC disk resurfacing is garbage. They somehow manage to destroy the center circle and have buffing compound seep into the plastic interior. I've had awful luck with getting this hack "refurb" work done to disks I've bought.

I've had really good luck with N64 games, but I've learned to stay away from gamecube unless the planets align properly for a great deal (and then I don't mind the great deal of futzing around that comes with it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back