2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempted to reserve 3 things before store opens, then go in and buy them with B2G1.

Just not sure if that's wrong or won't work.

Wouldn't it be the same as me going in and buying them normally?

Are used and refurbished the same thing? Don't want to go in and then I'm told refurbs aren't part of promotion.

Yes, Prestige sales are only exclusive to those store. Just google gamestop prestige and it should bring up if there are any in your area.

As for the store, it's high foot traffic, sales, trade-ins and positive feedback on surveys. Although stores can lose it as I just noticed the 1 in my area lost it and 2 others an hour away gained it since May.
From my understanding, it's evaluated every quarter, so current prestige stores earned that status based on performance of their most recent quarter.

Just reserved a bunch of top-tier switch games for tomorrow...called the store up to make sure I was good to go and the manager knew what I was doing and is cool with it.  I asked if they had systems since I am sitting on a ton of credit and he said they changed the rules...he said B2G1 only works for games and accessories so I can't do 3 systems, just like over 4th of July.  He said he's more than willing to try it though to see if they POS lets the transaction through, so I'll have to see what I can do.  Either way, he's going to get great feedback from me to keep his store prestige. 

Just reserved a bunch of top-tier switch games for tomorrow...called the store up to make sure I was good to go and the manager knew what I was doing and is cool with it. I asked if they had systems since I am sitting on a ton of credit and he said they changed the rules...he said B2G1 only works for games and accessories so I can't do 3 systems, just like over 4th of July. He said he's more than willing to try it though to see if they POS lets the transaction through, so I'll have to see what I can do. Either way, he's going to get great feedback from me to keep his store prestige.
So no consoles, well this kills my plans.

Might just head to my local store and buy a wii u.

Just reserved a bunch of top-tier switch games for tomorrow...called the store up to make sure I was good to go and the manager knew what I was doing and is cool with it. I asked if they had systems since I am sitting on a ton of credit and he said they changed the rules...he said B2G1 only works for games and accessories so I can't do 3 systems, just like over 4th of July. He said he's more than willing to try it though to see if they POS lets the transaction through, so I'll have to see what I can do. Either way, he's going to get great feedback from me to keep his store prestige.

From what I heard it will be like the last B2G1 was you can buy used consoles, accessories, and games but the free item has to be a game or accessory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

99% chance this guy at the store is wrong. Every prestige day has allowed B2G1 consoles & phones, etc, he probably has just never rung three consoles up before during prestige day.

99% chance this guy at the store is wrong. Every prestige day has allowed B2G1 consoles & phones, etc, he probably has just never rung three consoles up before during prestige day.
He mentioned he’d done it in the past but that corporate changed the policy for all B2G1 to reflect the sale in July. I’ll report back later on how it goes.

I also forgot to provide an update on the cartridge games I received during the retro glitch. Both CBFD were legit copies and one of two mega man (NES) carts was legit.

Went & got some top tier Nintendo games with the B2G1 and my trade-in credit since they hold the most value. I hope theres a good trade in bonus coming up soon.

i dont get all of the doom and gloom in here about the future of gs. sure their stocks have dropped. something that if you know about the stock market and economics in general it happens to every company. gs has outlived funcoland, ebgames, and every other gaming company that no longer exists. why would you think they're going anywhere? not to mention even if gaming goes all digital then gs will have no problem adapting. wouldn't be surprised if they even roll out a digital used game platform and have an agreement with companies like ms wanted to originally do with the xbone, where you could trade your digital xbox one games for a fee. gs is a smart company, they've diversified their stores so it's not just physical games but games, merchandise, toys, clothes, and yes, digital games and codes. i wouldn't be surprised if we still see them a decade or two from now with healthy stock prices and laugh about how we thought they were going out of business.

i dont get all of the doom and gloom in here about the future of gs. sure their stocks have dropped. something that if you know about the stock market and economics in general it happens to every company. gs has outlived funcoland, ebgames, and every other gaming company that no longer exists. why would you think they're going anywhere? not to mention even if gaming goes all digital then gs will have no problem adapting. wouldn't be surprised if they even roll out a digital used game platform and have an agreement with companies like ms wanted to originally do with the xbone, where you could trade your digital xbox one games for a fee. gs is a smart company, they've diversified their stores so it's not just physical games but games, merchandise, toys, clothes, and yes, digital games and codes. i wouldn't be surprised if we still see them a decade or two from now with healthy stock prices and laugh about how we thought they were going out of business.

Found the GameStop Rep. gsdave = GameStop Dave

you are just in the denial stage, give it a while and you will catch up with us in the acceptance and take advantage stage.

you are just in the denial stage, give it a while and you will catch up with us in the acceptance and take advantage stage.
if you dont want gs to go out of business then support your local store instead of the giants like amazon and walmart. i know that i would sad if i couldnt go to a real game store anymore instead of the corporate giants. i will be preordering call of duty modern warfare for the ps4 today and be able to pick it up on day 1. theres no where else on earth that you can do that. i remember i used one of the other sites launch day delivery and guess what? the package was delayed and i had to wait a week later for my game. so support your local stores, especially on prestige day. because it would be a very sad world without a dedicated game store that actually cares about their customer base. and check out the gs twitter, it's pretty hilarious.

Yes, it’s quite amazing how bad they are at this. I own one of those JFJ Easy Pro resurfacing machines... I can make a disc look brand new, yet GameStop makes it look like garbage. The swirls left on discs are from not using enough detergent on their buffers. Their buffers are also too rough. I’m wondering if they actually use a quick sandpaper run on all of their discs first as well, which isn’t necessary. I rarely ever use sandpaper.

But, I’m just a dude at home resurfacing discs like an amateur and can make them look new. How GameStop is capable of making every game look like garbage is beyond me.
like my grandpa always used to say, "put your money where your mouth is". if you're that good at fixing old discs and can do it better than gs, why not apply to one of their warehouse jobs in tx when they have openings? i also disagree with your statement. i've bought plenty of refurbished games from gs and all of them look and play brand new after they're done with them. even when they have a crack in the center they put a sticker on to make it brand new again.

and yes, the games are sometimes missing the boxes and manuals. who cares? they're meant to be played. also, the retro games are missing manuals because the tx warehouse throws them away because they could have offensive language notes written in them. ps1 cases are thrown away if they're cracked or damaged because they don't want to be environmentally wasteful by buying new cases. they put them in yellow sleeves instead. seems fine to me, you buy the game. not the box. and prices are amazing compared to ebay.

if you dont want gs to go out of business then support your local store instead of the giants like amazon and walmart. i know that i would sad if i couldnt go to a real game store anymore instead of the corporate giants. i will be preordering call of duty modern warfare for the ps4 today and be able to pick it up on day 1. theres no where else on earth that you can do that. i remember i used one of the other sites launch day delivery and guess what? the package was delayed and i had to wait a week later for my game. so support your local stores, especially on prestige day. because it would be a very sad world without a dedicated game store that actually cares about their customer base. and check out the gs twitter, it's pretty hilarious.
drugs are bad, mmmkay.

gamestop is a giant along side amazon and walmart. they didnt outlive funcoland and ebgames, they cannibalized them. there are no more "local" game stores BECAUSE of gamestop.

Wait, wait, wait.
You're actually trying to support Gamestop as a "local" store by bringing up the looming specter of Amazon and Walmart?
Gamestop IS exactly that for game stores.

In fact, the mere existence of Gamestop hurt actually hurts those locally owned and operated game stores and game store chains.
So yeah, I'm crying no tears for when they eventually mismanage themselves into non-existence.

like my grandpa always used to say, "put your money where your mouth is". if you're that good at fixing old discs and can do it better than gs, why not apply to one of their warehouse jobs in tx when they have openings? i also disagree with your statement. i've bought plenty of refurbished games from gs and all of them look and play brand new after they're done with them. even when they have a crack in the center they put a sticker on to make it brand new again.

and yes, the games are sometimes missing the boxes and manuals. who cares? they're meant to be played. also, the retro games are missing manuals because the tx warehouse throws them away because they could have offensive language notes written in them. ps1 cases are thrown away if they're cracked or damaged because they don't want to be environmentally wasteful by buying new cases. they put them in yellow sleeves instead. seems fine to me, you buy the game. not the box. and prices are amazing compared to ebay.
Wait, I thought GameStop ran out of money to pay their astroturfers? Did they slide you an I.O.U or something?

Saw this in Charlotte, NC
Thought 50% was only for non CSAC states
NC is a CSAC state AFAIK (I checked that list from a few pages back)[attachment=32575:20190803_135451.jpg]

In Cali so getting the extra 50% due to no CSAC. Plus Prestige and Pro = 70% bonus.

Started with $402.38 in credit, bought 6 top Switch games for $213.30, brought me down to $189.08 after tax. Traded them in for $255 in credit, bought 3 more top tier Switch games, now at $337.43 on my card. Traded those 3 in and bought a new copy of Fire Emblem: 3H (no used available nearby) and I'm back up to $400.29 credit and also have a copy of FE:3H to play now.

Total cost for FE:3H, $2.09 and a bit of time and gas.

Plus I'll get an extra 7000-7500 in points.

In Cali so getting the extra 50% due to no CSAC. Plus Prestige and Pro = 70% bonus.

Started with $402.38 in credit, bought 6 top Switch games for $213.30, brought me down to $189.08 after tax. Traded them in for $255 in credit, bought 3 more top tier Switch games, now at $337.43 on my card. Traded those 3 in and bought a new copy of Fire Emblem: 3H (no used available nearby) and I'm back up to $400.29 credit and also have a copy of FE:3H to play now.

Total cost for FE:3H, $2.09 and a bit of time and gas.

Plus I'll get an extra 7000-7500 in points.
Can't this get you banned? Just seems something they wouldn't want you to do, assuming they don't have any rules for this?

Just ran into my first Wii U disc(Lego City Undercover) that looks brand new, but system won't read it.  So I'm guessing this was probably one of those warehouse buffered discs.  Anyone have any tips on what to look for to find out if it's one of the Wii U discs they get from the warehouse?  Just seems like I always hear that they never know how to properly resurface Wii U discs at GS.

Can't this get you banned? Just seems something they wouldn't want you to do, assuming they don't have any rules for this?
If I start flipping 4+ copies of a game or do too much in a single day, sure I could get banned. I just did enough to make FE:3H pretty much cost neutral. As long as I don't start trading in a bunch more top tier Switch games in the next 30 days I'll be fine.

70% confirmed in SoCal (non-csac). Picked up Mario Odyssey, BotW, and MK8 Deluxe at one prestige store and traded in at another prestige store for $42.50 each.

Just ran into my first Wii U disc(Lego City Undercover) that looks brand new, but system won't read it. So I'm guessing this was probably one of those warehouse buffered discs. Anyone have any tips on what to look for to find out if it's one of the Wii U discs they get from the warehouse? Just seems like I always hear that they never know how to properly resurface Wii U discs at GS.
A sticker on it that says "defective return to warehouse" on the front or a refurb sticker usually on the back behind their rear barcode sticker

If I start flipping 4+ copies of a game or do too much in a single day, sure I could get banned. I just did enough to make FE:3H pretty much cost neutral. As long as I don't start trading in a bunch more top tier Switch games in the next 30 days I'll be fine.
Traded in switch, 3 switch games. 2 move controllers and camera in last 2 weeks.

You trading in 3 more,could be an issue?

When trading in controllers do employees sync them to consoles and check buttons for input or just visually inspect them?
Traded in DS4, they connected to something and tested all the buttons.

Also traded in move controllers and camera, they just took them without testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back