2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to add fuel to the fire but I stopped at my local GS after work to see if Michael was there and I asked about the new Switch and both employees had no clue about it. They tried to insist it was the Switch Lite they finally realized that they got new ones in today and I guess it says something on the box about the battery upgrade. While I was leaving I saw Michael pop his head out from the back and he gave me a wink and a shush.
michael-rapaport.jpg

I just pre-ordered the Gears 5 LE XB1X.  Now I just need GS to have a nice trade in promo for my S during the next month

Might want to check coupons, I got some new ones.

*Save $50 on Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + SuperAmp Headset

$250, $200 after coupon.

*Save $10 on PDP LVL50 Wired Headset

$50, $40 after coupon.

Got a birthday coupon to use...I’ll probably use it on a switch game buying the Pokémon switch lite

hoping I find fire emblem one of these days

If you're interested in Ducktales Remastered - now's a good time to get a copy, since it's being delisted from digital storefronts on Thursday. Wii U copies in particular are quickly drying up in my city.

Mine also doesn't show in the app. I logged into the site and it shows under the poweruprewards preorder section.
It's because they tell me they are upgrading their online ordering system....at least that's what they have been telling me for about the last 6 or 7 years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Got a birthday coupon to use...I’ll probably use it on a switch game buying the Pokémon switch lite

hoping I find fire emblem one of these days
I just used mine on a CIB Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy. Very lucky find, came out to $45 with elite and coupon.

looks like i got hit with someone using my points for a Google Play card...how does that even work? Why wouldn't it get sent to my email? Does it give you the option to have it sent elsewhere?

I'm not surprised GameStop employees don't know anything about the Switch revision, the ones that aren't making up game news themselves are probably mentally checked-out from hearing ridiculous YouTube rumors regurgitated from customers all day. Last month I witnessed a store leader tell a customer that Microsoft was going to strictly streaming next gen, and they were putting Gears and Halo on PlayStation.

actually all gs stores, game advisors and managers are held to corporate standards. pm me the store and employee that gave you a hard time.
You are a treasure.

The Switch Lite that I pre-ordered at gamestop and put $95 down on has disappeared from the app. Anyone else have this happen?
don't worry your preorder will still show up in the system at the store you preordered it at, even if you lose the receipt or it doesn't show up in the app.

Have gamestop credit, could preorder Modern Warfare and wwe 2k20 physical, but pay $120 + $12 tax.

Could just buy $120 in PSN credit and save $12.

No trading back in though.

If you're interested in Ducktales Remastered - now's a good time to get a copy, since it's being delisted from digital storefronts on Thursday. Wii U copies in particular are quickly drying up in my city.
Just be sure to test the Wii U disc ASAP if you go with that version--Gamestop is notorious for ruining Wii U discs with their resurfacing machines.

By the time I want to trade in something like a WWE game the value is so low that buying digital can make sense.
that's wwe, gs doesn't sell as many copies of those and they're considered yearly sports games. no offense but it reminds me of the people that try to trade in an old madden years later and then wonder why it doesn't get any value. call of duty black ops 4 is one of the most wanted games month after month whereas wwe isn't. simple economics.

By the time I want to trade in something like a WWE game the value is so low that buying digital can make sense.
Forgot MW has a beta. Haven't tried it in a while, but does the preorder trick on amazon work?

Want to preorder to get into the beta and cancel if I don't like it.

I remember buying wwe 2k18 on ebay for $30, 4 days after release. Then traded it back in 2-3 months later for $30, after $10 bonus trade in. Might wait for reviews for 2k20.

TIL that using a VPN blocks Gamestop.com for you
it's to prevent abuse and fraud. just a fyi: everything you do on your vpn is logged so if you think you're slick then i have some news for ya...gs is always a few steps ahead of everyone so i personally lol at anyone who tries to pull a fast one on them. but i do recommend using your regular isp and ordering from them instead of hiding behind a vpn because they'll never accept vpns again and they'll gladly take you back as a customer. or feel free to shop in one of their retail locations, you can check the store locator and i guarantee there will be at least a few near you.

Just be sure to test the Wii U disc ASAP if you go with that version--Gamestop is notorious for ruining Wii U discs with their resurfacing machines.
just curious, but do you have evidence for this claim that gs and their refurbishing team is at fault for "ruining" wii u discs? because i can't find any proof to support this. from what i understand it polishes the discs to make them look brand new and the majority of people that buy them are happy customers. plus the games are years out of print and they cost too much new now so people are thrilled to be able to buy some timeless classics like mario land and mario kart 8 and save a few bucks in the process.... sure a few defective discs might slip by here and there but that is overblown.... there are thousands of happy customers who buy preowned wii u discs every month but the one person who buys a defective disc (and their console is more likely to blame, probably a dirty lens) will be vocal about it. not to mention gs has a money back guarantee so you cant lose any way.... even if you happen to hate it.... they'll refund you. no other store has a policy that good, period.

Freaking Russians and their shill accounts, stirring the pot ... breaking our existing social contracts and causing destruction to our democracy.

Otherwise, I like GameStop a lot. Found two CIB DS games today.

Forgot MW has a beta. Haven't tried it in a while, but does the preorder trick on amazon work?

Want to preorder to get into the beta and cancel if I don't like it.

I remember buying wwe 2k18 on ebay for $30, 4 days after release. Then traded it back in 2-3 months later for $30, after $10 bonus trade in. Might wait for reviews for 2k20.
I buy the WWE games at launch every year because I play the hell out of them, but they definitely aren't for everyone. If you enjoyed 2K19 though chances are you will also enjoy 2K20. As a wrestling fan I get a lot out of these games, but as you mentioned it will absolutely go on sale come Black Friday and you'll likely be able to pick it up for $30-$40 a month after release.

My local store happens to have a copy of Ducktales on Wii U. I did an online hold for it, really hope it's complete and not just the disc in some generic case, but it's cheap enough that I will buy it regardless, just really am not a fan of generic cases.

Also GSDave, I've bought several Wii U games from Gamestop that didn't work due to the resurfacing of the disc. My proof is my eyes looking at the clearly resurfaced disc and it not playing in my console. Yes, Gamestop did refund these purchases, but they couldn't do me a solid and order copies from other stores to replace the product I wanted to purchase. They do offer to have another store hold them, but who wants to drive to another Gamestop and roll the dice again?

it's to prevent abuse and fraud. just a fyi: everything you do on your vpn is logged so if you think you're slick then i have some news for ya...gs is always a few steps ahead of everyone so i personally lol at anyone who tries to pull a fast one on them. but i do recommend using your regular isp and ordering from them instead of hiding behind a vpn because they'll never accept vpns again and they'll gladly take you back as a customer. or feel free to shop in one of their retail locations, you can check the store locator and i guarantee there will be at least a few near you.
Can someone refresh me on how to block a user? Specifically *this* user...

He’s as much a gamestop rep as the other guy was really the ceo of best buy. I’m putting him on ignore now. If enough people do, maybe he’ll find something else to do to get attention.

He’s as much a gamestop rep as the other guy was really the ceo of best buy. I’m putting him on ignore now. If enough people do, maybe he’ll find something else to do to get attention.
I remember the Best Buy ceo! Whatever happened to that guy?

Anyway, thinking about getting Dishonored 2, Prey, and Titanfall 2.

The only thing stopping me is seeing a Dishonored 2 and Prey double pack for $20.

Thinking about holding off, until that goes down in price since I haven't played Dishonored or the original Prey on 360.

Titan fall 2 campaign is great, kind of easy in some spots especially the boss fights. But some battles were difficult overall great game I’m glad I picked up cheap and was trade in for more than I got it

I buy the WWE games at launch every year because I play the hell out of them, but they definitely aren't for everyone. If you enjoyed 2K19 though chances are you will also enjoy 2K20. As a wrestling fan I get a lot out of these games, but as you mentioned it will absolutely go on sale come Black Friday and you'll likely be able to pick it up for $30-$40 a month after release.
I used to play them way more in the PS3 era, as they seemed a bit more fun. Once they came to PS4, they slowly added old features back over the years.

2k15 was bare bones, 2k16/2k17 were okay.

2k18 was horrible for me, bugs/glitches and deleted my save file a couple of times.

2k19 I rented and story mode was good.

I mostly play Universe mode, spend most of my time downloading caws/stables/arenas etc..

I used to play them way more in the PS3 era, as they seemed a bit more fun. Once they came to PS4, they slowly added old features back over the years.

2k15 was bare bones, 2k16/2k17 were okay.

2k18 was horrible for me, bugs/glitches and deleted my save file a couple of times.

2k19 I rented and story mode was good.

I mostly play Universe mode, spend most of my time downloading caws/stables/arenas etc..
Same thing I do. 2K15 was the worst of this generation as it was so bare bones. I've thought they have gotten better each year though. I never ran into any major issues with 2K18 on PS4, but I did try the Switch version which you probably already know is a complete trainwreck. 2K19 has been the best one in years though and 2K20 looks to be more of that so should be pretty solid.

Not sure if you are into the Japanese promotions much, but Fire Pro World just announced that they are releasing STARDOM DLC which is pretty exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back