2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
JFC, Dave, you're never getting a promotion. Now, stfu already.
hi camelot331! did you realize that all of your videos and content revolve around one subject matter and store? doesn't your entire account revolving around gs get old after awhile? you do know that you were canned for performance reasons and that no one is going to trust hiring someone who gives away company secrets on youtube to get ad revenue, right?

mic drop

Buy any new Xbox One Console & Get Madden (8/2 – 8/17)

needed an xbox one to play halo infinite which i put $5 down on to guarantee my copy and noticed they had this awesome deal... the cool part about preordering is that you can bring in your old games later and then trade them towards you new game until you eventually pay it off making it essentially free... can't wait.

Buy any new Xbox One Console & Get Madden (8/2 – 8/17)

needed an xbox one to play halo infinite which i put $5 down on to guarantee my copy and noticed they had this awesome deal... the cool part about preordering is that you can bring in your old games later and then trade them towards you new game until you eventually pay it off making it essentially free... can't wait.
Also, if you're not trolling then you're brainwashed. Seek help.

hi camelot331! did you realize that all of your videos and content revolve around one subject matter and store? doesn't your entire account revolving around gs get old after awhile? you do know that you were canned for performance reasons and that no one is going to trust hiring someone who gives away company secrets on youtube to get ad revenue, right?

mic drop
Judging by your posts here, I bet you have a lot of rewards points. Mind redeeming some of them for a PowerUp Pacifier so that we don't have to hear these screeds?

mic drop
It might be time for you to seek some help. In the meantime, try not to accuse people of being someone they aren't. Makes you look even more foolish than you already are.

GYANi7.gif

mic drop
Oh my. At least we know why aircobra is so full of rage. His wife left him.

I think it’s hilarious.

The same people that go on and on about GS going out of business complain about the troll account. I’d much rather read the troll account than rehash the same conversation about GS stocks for another 5 years.

I think it’s hilarious.
The same people that go on and on about GS going out of business complain about the troll account. I’d much rather read the troll account than rehash the same conversation about GS stocks for another 5 years.
Why can’t it be like other threads and stick to deal discussion?

Sure there are deals. I just got a handful of $9.99 games for $2 by buying them with left alive and uncharted 4 as part of the 3/$15 deal and trading left alive / uncharted 4 back for $5 each. That's a deal.

Unfortunately, it's not a new deal and only for non-CSAC peeps. Problem is if we have garbage posts it will become harder for people to see the deals that come across.

What type of job will this clown be able to get once he’s done bashing companies? He bashes Walmart too

I wouldn’t want him in my company at all

Anyone run into fake disc games from GS?  Bought NES Remix Pack earlier today, which didn't work despite looking brand new.  Took it back later and the manager spotted that it had a fake label on the disc.  Which peeling part of the label away turned out to be one of those fitness blu-rays that you find at dollar store bins.  But don't know what I'm more shocked about, the label or that someone tried to fake a Wii U game.  

I guess I can see some shady ass trying it back when they'd were giving $20 for it and it sitting on the shelf for years.  But it's just weird to run into this.  Guess some employee just didn't give a damn when looking at the disc.  I know the manager was saying that they were going to hold onto it just to remind that store's employees to check stuff. 

But it's a heads up I wanted to pass long, just in case someone runs into crap like this.

Must be a pretty weird life, that youtuber lives to report on gamestop and walmart. I assume laughing at thier misfortunes, while he begs for money on patreon.

You can call it a donation, but it's basically begging. Not sure he'd do this if he got no money off it.

That Camelot dude has a very annoying twang to his voice. That dude and Fantavision literally just make videos of them bashing Gamestop. Having worked there myself for years, granted this was back in 2004-2010, the company does a lot of shady things and they do treat the employees pretty poorly at times, but at the end of the day they are far from the worst place to work. It's retail and most of those jobs aren't great. I actually got fired from Gamestop over something stupid too and long story short, I ended up getting unemployment for several years after the whole incident which was great because I almost made more money from the unemployment than I did as the Assistant Store Manager. 

I'd hate to see Gamestop go under as it's one of the best places to buy video games. We don't have very many options where I live outside larger chains like Target, Best Buy, etc. There are a few smaller mom and pop shops around, but they are all grossly overpriced. Gamestop has had some solid deals and has become the best store for deals since GCU died. 

That's why console makers don't typically confirm next gen release dates until a few months before release, like E3 for a November launch
That’s only really happened with the PS4/X1/Wii U. Every console generation before had 1+ years of wait, and PS5/Xbox Two have already been announced despite being over a year away.

That Camelot dude has a very annoying twang to his voice. That dude and Fantavision literally just make videos of them bashing Gamestop. Having worked there myself for years, granted this was back in 2004-2010, the company does a lot of shady things and they do treat the employees pretty poorly at times, but at the end of the day they are far from the worst place to work. It's retail and most of those jobs aren't great. I actually got fired from Gamestop over something stupid too and long story short, I ended up getting unemployment for several years after the whole incident which was great because I almost made more money from the unemployment than I did as the Assistant Store Manager.

I'd hate to see Gamestop go under as it's one of the best places to buy video games. We don't have very many options where I live outside larger chains like Target, Best Buy, etc. There are a few smaller mom and pop shops around, but they are all grossly overpriced. Gamestop has had some solid deals and has become the best store for deals since GCU died.
Walmart is the best since GCU died...new releases available for 16-20% off on day 1.

Walmart is the best since GCU died...new releases available for 16-20% off on day 1.

Over the past 5 years I have come to accept that I love GameStop. Sure my home store sucks and I complain about shitty employees every few pages, but we've had it good the past few years.

I'll never be the sucker that preorders Madden every year, complains on Gamestop's Facebook about the trade in value in July, then watches these shitty YouTube videos to feel validated. I'll keep getting my email every month letting me know I have 30 games worth $1,000 during the stealth bump, and continue to fill all of GameStop's holes until they ban me, at which point I'll sit in the corner touch myself while watching somebody else do it.

If they were still giving points on trade ins, I'd have a million lifetime in what amounts to a very short amount of time.
Is this a regional thing or a GS account issue? I ask because I haven't had issues getting points for my trade ins as recent as a month ago.

fuck Gamestop. I will celebrate the day they go out of business. They have terrible employees that accused me of selling stolen games 2-3 years ago. I even offered to show them my receipt from Walmart to prove my purchase and they still called corporate on me.

Good riddance.

Is this a regional thing or a GS account issue? I ask because I haven't had issues getting points for my trade ins as recent as a month ago.
I know for me, I was getting points back in June, but when I traded in during the recent stealth bump, I didn't get any. I'm in Minnesota

fuck Gamestop. I will celebrate the day they go out of business. They have terrible employees that accused me of selling stolen games 2-3 years ago. I even offered to show them my receipt from Walmart to prove my purchase and they still called corporate on me.

Good riddance.

Still triggered. Yikes.

It's surprising to me how many times GS has been running out of games just after they come out lately. Their name is literally Gamestop, but I have a better chance of finding a non preordered day one copy of many games at a BB or Walmart now. Hell, they were running out of Madden. How can you run out of Madden?!
This was maybe 20 years ago. I wanted to pick up a game on release day so I chose to go to Gamestop. They told me that they only had copies for people who made reservations. So I went to the electronics store across the street and picked up one of their 100 copies.

Good riddance.
I would have contacted corporate on them. In fact I did last summer when someone reported me to loss prevention for no reason, and the issue was resolved in my favor

Over the past 5 years I have come to accept that I love GameStop. we've had it good the past few years.

I'll never be the sucker that complains on Gamestop's Facebook about the trade in value in July, then watches these shitty YouTube videos to feel validated. I'll keep getting my email every month letting me know I have 30 games worth $1,000 during the stealth bump,
you know, this post really made my day. i was so pissed off after watching camelot's ebegging video last night and his account on this forum claiming that he doesn't post here when it's obviously him that i didnt post on here and just went to sleep instead. it's bad enough he was fired for poor performance and admitted he was rude and laughed at a dm during an investigation against him. now instead of learning from his mistakes and getting a job at another retail store at his mall he'd rather ebeg like that guy you see on the side of the road holding a sign with no dignity, and then when you offer him a job he complains that he can make more money per hour begging than working there.

thank you for bringing some positivity into this thread. i edited a few things out of your post when i quoted it due to inappropriate content but i do appreciate it. :applause:

I would have contacted corporate on them. In fact I did last summer when someone reported me to loss prevention for no reason, and the issue was resolved in my favor
well something tells me that there's two sides to the story. employees are never trained to accuse innocent customers of bringing in stolen merchandise so i'm willing to bet someone a one year pur subscription that he probably did something to provoke it first, like selling stolen consoles with reported stolen serial numbers in the past. it sucks but most stores won't do business again with someone who has brought in stolen merchandise before even if the merchandise he is currently bringing isn't stolen. however, if he is innocent and didn't do this i would like him to pm the store and employee that gave him a hard time if his dm didn't solve his problem.

"Got unemployment for several years "

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

At the risk of steering this thread back to relevance, I wanted to confirm that the Switch revision was sighted in Maryland. The stores are officially branding it Version 2 or V2. It even said as much on the price sticker. That might help anyone who is calling about availability.

Picked mine up so I could have the kids use my current original model.

Happy hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back