2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread or one like it could only be seen when logged in and had an account over a certain age. That was a couple years ago though. Don’t know what happened to it.

I pre-ordered the Guacamelee 1+2 for Switch and went to pick it up today. It was open!? I didn't really realize it until I got home. Why on earth would it be open? I'm going to call tomorrow and find out what the deal is. Granted, I was going to open it at soon as I got home anyways but still, it doesnt sit right with me.
This is totally unacceptable, though I don't think they can do anything about it since you didn't notice it until you got home and they can claim you just opened it at home. I would burn them on the survey though.

Also, that game may come with DLC codes (I am not sure), so I would make sure they are valid and unused if it does.

I personally don't like discord and all the secret room crap is annoying. Just post deals here, don't troll too hard, and it'll be fine.

This thread or one like it could only be seen when logged in and had an account over a certain age. That was a couple years ago though. Don’t know what happened to it.
I believe there still is one in the CAG lounge section of the forums but no one uses it anymore so maybe it was closed. That forum worked better than discord in my opinion.

Has anyone had luck using an e-mail receipt as proof of purchase for refunds or replacements? I made a purchase a while back on several new games but misplaced my receipt. I called the customer support and asked if an receipt can be e-mailed.

The file they sent me doesn't exactly look like a receipt copy, the PDF file shows the transaction date my DOB, account number register #, transaction # along with the Person's name that rang me up, the store managers name and other info such as form of payment used.

While customer support acknowledged that the file can indeed be used for a replacement or refund purposes, I did have a store turn me down when I showed the proof of purchase. 

Has anyone had luck using an e-mail receipt as proof of purchase for refunds or replacements? I made a purchase a while back on several new games but misplaced my receipt. I called the customer support and asked if an receipt can be e-mailed.

The file they sent me doesn't exactly look like a receipt copy, the PDF file shows the transaction date my DOB, account number register #, transaction # along with the Person's name that rang me up, the store managers name and other info such as form of payment used.

While customer support acknowledged that the file can be used for a replacement or refund purposes, I did have a store turn me down when I showed the proof of purchase.
I used one a while back to do a return rebuy on an xbox one s cause they were having a promotion. I can't remember what the promotion was but they accepted it without any issues.

That's an excessive amount of personal information for a receipt.

Virtually every complaint that people have made in here for the last few pages has happened to me as well. If the business model didn't kill them the poor customer service would've eventually.

Kind of bullshit that a store would give a display copy to someone who pre-ordered.
This is why pre-ordering to “reserve your copy” is a farce. It makes sense to pre-order if there is a deal, incentive, promo, or midnight launch.

Otherwise, you could probably pickup a copy from target or walmart in the morning before GS even opens.

Kind of bullshit that a store would give a display copy to someone who pre-ordered.
Honestly that's just a poor store sl. I can assure you that at my store reserved copies are not gutted.
I wouldn't burn the employee who rang you up on the survey. Maybe just calmy ask for a sealed one and if they refuse then burn them.
It saddens me to see some of the bad employees you all are getting.

You got the display copy. This is a common Gamestop thing, and the number one source of Gamestop complaints. I still don't know why they gut pre orders for god's sake.
I knew they did it for "new" games, and I've learned to live with that. Especially since recently they've offered me a shop-worn discount when they do.

This is totally unacceptable, though I don't think they can do anything about it since you didn't notice it until you got home and they can claim you just opened it at home. I would burn them on the survey though.

Also, that game may come with DLC codes (I am not sure), so I would make sure they are valid and unused if it does.
They know me there by name so I don't think I will have any problem. The guy that gave it to me asked if I wanted him to seal it up for me, and I said no because I was going home to play it anyways. Which is why I said it didn't dawn on my until I got home that "hey wait, I pre-ordered this, wtf was it open?

Honestly that's just a poor store sl. I can assure you that at my store reserved copies are not gutted.
I wouldn't burn the employee who rang you up on the survey. Maybe just calmy ask for a sealed one and if they refuse then burn them.
It saddens me to see some of the bad employees you all are getting.
I'm guessing it wasn't the guy that rang me up because he's usually pretty good. Maybe one of the other dufuses that got it in didn't realize it was a pre-order and went to gut it to put it on the shelf. I pre-ordered it because I wasn't really sure I'd be able to find it anywhere on release day (plus I have a ton of trade credit to use), but then I forgot when it came out anyways, lol.

I pre-ordered the Guacamelee 1+2 for Switch and went to pick it up today. It was open!? I didn't really realize it until I got home. Why on earth would it be open? I'm going to call tomorrow and find out what the deal is. Granted, I was going to open it at soon as I got home anyways but still, it doesnt sit right with me.
Haven't even picked mine up yet... Hopefully it'll be sealed, if not I'll just be getting a refund.

I knew they did it for "new" games, and I've learned to live with that. Especially since recently they've offered me a shop-worn discount when they do.

They know me there by name so I don't think I will have any problem. The guy that gave it to me asked if I wanted him to seal it up for me, and I said no because I was going home to play it anyways. Which is why I said it didn't dawn on my until I got home that "hey wait, I pre-ordered this, wtf was it open?

I'm guessing it wasn't the guy that rang me up because he's usually pretty good. Maybe one of the other dufuses that got it in didn't realize it was a pre-order and went to gut it to put it on the shelf. I pre-ordered it because I wasn't really sure I'd be able to find it anywhere on release day (plus I have a ton of trade credit to use), but then I forgot when it came out anyways, lol.
The shop worn discount would acknowledge that it has been gutted and be more than adequate to address my personal disgust with the practice.

I was in my main last weekend for the Madden promo.  We have a new SL (not new as green, but new meaning he's from another store). In the past I go in and respect him saying hi and whatnots, not holding full blown convos, but still acknowledging him.  I go in last Saturday and reserve Ghost Recon, then Im like let me get that Madden.  He's ringing me up and I jokingly said I dont really play sports games can I just go and trade it now to get my full money back and the points.  Buddy switched up real quick and got all serious and shit saying it sounds like you're trying to game the system, I'll sell it to you next time but no more..yadayadyada. Once I realized he was serious it started to piss me off and Im like hey man its my money and the promo says if you dont like the game you can trade it back in for full price. Dont ever accuse me of anything again and I made him circle the survey section on the receipt before I left.

I was in my main last weekend for the Madden promo. We have a new SL (not new as green, but new meaning he's from another store). In the past I go in and respect him saying hi and whatnots, not holding full blown convos, but still acknowledging him. I go in last Saturday and reserve Ghost Recon, then Im like let me get that Madden. He's ringing me up and I jokingly said I dont really play sports games can I just go and trade it now to get my full money back and the points. Buddy switched up real quick and got all serious and shit saying it sounds like you're trying to game the system, I'll sell it to you next time but no more..yadayadyada. Once I realized he was serious it started to piss me off and Im like hey man its my money and the promo says if you dont like the game you can trade it back in for full price. Dont ever accuse me of anything again and I made him circle the survey section on the receipt before I left.
so you bought a game and wanted to return it right away, and you are surprised he got mad? no wonder this thread is a dumpster fire.

From what I've heard employees can get terminated for abusing that promo. It's part of the reason employees are not eligible for it.

So going to pick up a used WII U today, going to use it over the weekend and see if I like it. If not, will return.

Mostly interested in hombrew, as I can run GBA/WII/gamcube emulators.

So going to pick up a used WII U today, going to use it over the weekend and see if I like it. If not, will return.
Mostly interested in hombrew, as I can run GBA/WII/gamcube emulators.
Take a look at it first. GS seems to be very sander happy these days when it comes to consoles. They even sand down switches. It is awful.

Jokes are supposed to be funny...
It's like the people that see "Change Amount" on the pinpad and say "Can I change it to FREE HAHAHAHAHAHA" like they're the first person to think of that joke.

Take a look at it first. GS seems to be very sander happy these days when it comes to consoles. They even sand down switches. It is awful.
I got a black Wii U and can confirm. I don't know why they even bothered with the protective plastic film when the gloss was already scratched to hell.

It's like the people that see "Change Amount" on the pinpad and say "Can I change it to FREE HAHAHAHAHAHA" like they're the first person to think of that joke.
I work customer service for a bank and you don't know how many times someone would respond to my closing question of "is there anything else I can assist you with today?" with "Yeah. You can put a million dollars in my account. Hurr hurr hurr." You can hear my eyes rolling through the phone.

I'm an idiot, got a refurbished Wii U instead of used... I guess it's easy to get them mixed up.

Going to get home and look it over, looked fine in store. Do have 7 day return policy.

Sander, as in sandpaper power tool sander?!  Been looking at getting a Wii U as well.  What's the difference between Gamestop refurbished an used? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back