2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks no 4 for $10 or any used game deal this week. Like how the ad is being simple on the extra $5 details, as it doesn't mention certain consoles like the last one was.

I'm an idiot, got a refurbished Wii U instead of used... I guess it's easy to get them mixed up.

Going to get home and look it over, looked fine in store. Do have 7 day return policy.
Might want to do a return anyway, as the black 32GB Wii U consoles price dropped overnight(used & refurbished). Doesn't matter if it's the LOZ or regular one, they're $99.99 now. Of course this happens a week after I bought mine, but not going to take it back after that long.

It might look fine when they show it to you. Then you get home and find out the gamepad won't stay connected to the console, like I did. Which seems to be the main problem with Wii U consoles, due to the wifi card in the console failing(which is a simple fix if you get the part). If that does happen, make them test the new one in store so it doesn't happen again.

Looks no 4 for $10 or any used game deal this week. Like how the ad is being simple on the extra $5 details, as it doesn't mention certain consoles like the last one was.

Might want to do a return anyway, as the black 32GB Wii U consoles price dropped overnight(used & refurbished). Doesn't matter if it's the LOZ or regular one, they're $99.99 now. Of course this happens a week after I bought mine, but not going to take it back after that long.

It might look fine when they show it to you. Then you get home and find out the gamepad won't stay connected to the console, like I did. Which seems to be the main problem with Wii U consoles, due to the wifi card in the console failing(which is a simple fix if you get the part). If that does happen, make them test the new one in store so it doesn't happen again.
Not really sure now, it looks to be either one, based on the box saying "used" and "refurbished", but has 2 stickers. Receipt says refurbished.

I already set up the WII U with hombrew/loaders, so for $10 don't want to rebuy and do all over again. Unless they refund based on receipt, but not sure.

Console looks good overall, no heavy marks, just light scratches.

The offer this week is 50% off preowned games $9.99 and under with the purchase of any system. If there are still cheap items (like that VR headset) ringing up as systems it's almost as good as the 3 for $15 but I'm too tired to investigate.

How strict is GS generally in accepting trade-in controllers with small cosmetic flaws? Local thrift store has a PS3 Sixaxis that otherwise seems in good shape except for a small break in the ring of plastic surrounding the left joystick. Cost is $3 and trades in for $18 so nice ROI if they’ll take it. Would they accept and charge a refurb fee possibly?

How strict is GS generally in accepting trade-in controllers with small cosmetic flaws? Local thrift store has a PS3 Sixaxis that otherwise seems in good shape except for a small break in the ring of plastic surrounding the left joystick. Cost is $3 and trades in for $18 so nice ROI if they’ll take it. Would they accept and charge a refurb fee possibly?
Probably would refurb for that. As for the regular non-rumble Sixaxis controllers, not even sure GS takes them anymore. It's not showing in the TIVs, unless they lumped in with the generic PS3 controller category(which is $4 TIV). Because the only Sony one showing up is the Dual Shock 3 controllers($15 base). Don't know where you're getting the $18 from, if it's the plain sixaxis controllers.

Ugh...is 3 for $15 on $9.99 games. over?

Had the money when it was unofficially over/not advertised in the weekly ad two week ago.  Have the money for this week and it's probably over.  Rats.

Starts tomorrow, not sure when it ends.

iU1bB16.png

*Offer valid for game trades only. Game must have a minimum value of $2.00 to apply. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Probably would refurb for that. As for the regular non-rumble Sixaxis controllers, not even sure GS takes them anymore. It's not showing in the TIVs, unless they lumped in with the generic PS3 controller category(which is $4 TIV). Because the only Sony one showing up is the Dual Shock 3 controllers($15 base). Don't know where you're getting the $18 from, if it's the plain sixaxis controllers.
I traded in a sixaxis a week ago and they have me the Dualshock 3 price. Not sure if it was a mistake or how it should be.

I traded in a sixaxis a week ago and they have me the Dualshock 3 price. Not sure if it was a mistake or how it should be.
Sounds like a employee that wasn't paying attention to it missing DualShock 3 at the top of the controller. There is a $10 difference between the controllers(DS3- $30, Sixaxis- $20). Looking through the trade in page isn't bringing up the Sixaxis. So that version of the controller looks like something they've stopped taking in.

So the $5 extra trade deal, is for all games that trade above $2? Not just current gen, i.e. Switch, PS4, XB1? See no verbiage saying otherwise...
I’d like to know this as well if someone happens to try.

This could be the motivation I need to purge my bins of 360/ps3 games lol

Yeah if you're comfortable being skeezy, I'm guessing more employees than not would mistake a sixaxis for a dualshock, but they no longer take the sixaxis. Even when they did, it was only for a couple dollars. I've got a box full of them I don't know what to do with.

This $5 bonus has great potential for me to clear out some $2 games.  Glad I was able to convert most of my trade credit into cash because i'm going to be building it back up now.

What do you think they will do to TIV overnight tonight since the CSAC is ending too?

Kinda sad about the pre-owned special though, but honestly they need a couple weeks to build up stock of games i dont already have anyways :)

I bought these for Xbox one X

Rise of the tomb raider
Final fantasy xv
Fallout 4
Shadow of modor
Shadow of war

They all rang up at $5 each is that part of the 3 for 15 promo?

Anyone know what the refurb fee is on wireless Xbox 360 controllers? I'm debating whether to bring in some busted ones.
I believe it's based on the TIV so it can fluctuate. The ones I traded back in July when the base TIV was also $12 got hit with a $5 refurb fee. So I got $9.40 each with Elite Pro.

Anyone know when the last time you got $5 extra for older games? I've got 5 3ds games I can get $50 cash for today. Csac ends today. I don't know if I should hold them or not.

I bought these for Xbox one X

Rise of the tomb raider
Final fantasy xv
Fallout 4
Shadow of modor
Shadow of war

They all rang up at $5 each is that part of the 3 for 15 promo?
If they were $9.99 or less then yes, they were part of the 3 for $15 promo.

So the $5 extra trade deal, is for all games that trade above $2? Not just current gen, i.e. Switch, PS4, XB1? See no verbiage saying otherwise...
Very curious to see if this is indeed what they meant to do because if so then I'm hitting a spot tomorrow that has PS3/360 games for $3 and they have that some will trade in for over $10 with the boost

Very curious to see if this is indeed what they meant to do because if so then I'm hitting a spot tomorrow that has PS3/360 games for $3 and they have that some will trade in for over $10 with the boost
My concern is the picture in the add shows a ps4, xb1, and switch game.

If this $5 bonus applies to previous-gen software, and TIVs aren't nuked to kingdom come, it'll be the first chance to do okay on lower-tier PS3/Wii/360/DS games in quite some time. I'll definitely make use of it, if it pans out like that!

I just left my local GameStop and today is the last day for the 3 for $15. Here is a short list of the current gen games that have a current trade in value of $2. There are many more, but these are the only ones that my store had in stock.

Uncharted 4 PS4
Batman Arkham Knight X1
Dead rising 3 X1
Blops iii PS4
Mortal Kombat x PS4
Cod wwii PS4
Call of duty advance warfare PS4
Far cry 4 PS4 ($3)
Dragon age Inquisition X1
Titanfall 2 X1
Quantum break X1
Just cause 3 PS4
Assassin's Creed unity X1
Dead rising 4 X1
Crew X1

The wording is leading me to think it is in fact $5 on any game trade. The image reads lazy graphic design. I sure hope it is true. I have tons of last gen to get rid of.
No mention of last gen restrictions.

*Offer valid for game trades only. Game must have a minimum value of $2.00 to apply. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Would it be safe to say there are no games they're selling for cheap that you can trade in at a minimum $2+$5 trade-in value? Or are those kind of golden ages over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back