2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Word to the wise. Get your trades in on Monday. There is no telling if they will cut this trade promo off early or not. Hopefully TIVs hold.

Probably would refurb for that. As for the regular non-rumble Sixaxis controllers, not even sure GS takes them anymore. It's not showing in the TIVs, unless they lumped in with the generic PS3 controller category(which is $4 TIV). Because the only Sony one showing up is the Dual Shock 3 controllers($15 base). Don't know where you're getting the $18 from, if it's the plain sixaxis controllers.
I’ve traded in three Sixaxis controllers at the local store in recent months, getting $18 credit as Elite Pro.

Another store said they don’t take them, but two different employees at the local store took them without problem. May be a mistake, but that’s on GS. Not sure why anyone on here would call that shady.

I’ve traded in three Sixaxis controllers at the local store in recent months, getting $18 credit as Elite Pro.

Another store said they don’t take them, but two different employees at the local store took them without problem. May be a mistake, but that’s on GS. Not sure why anyone on here would call that shady.
It's because they're ringing them up as Dualshock 3 controllers, when they're not. Just imagine going to buy a controller, get home and find out it has no rumble feature when it's supposed to. All because some idiotic employee isn't looking and looked up the wrong product.

At this point, it's on that store & employee for not noticing. So that's at least 3 returns due to employees not giving a crap about details. The fact that one store told you that they don't take them anymore should be some kind of flag.

Here is the updated version of the $5 bonus trade promo.

lGLtQAp.jpg

oh sneaky gamestop. the website trade in values show some drops, at least from what the app showed yesterday. PS4 games like Arkham Knight, UFC 3, and Prey down to $2. The app still shows higher values, but if you save the values, they then show the $2 as well

Given the # of great trade promos GS has been having lately, be sure to keep track of the total amount of your trades. It is not hard to go over $2000 in trades in a rolling 30-day window. Especially, if you did boomerangs on the recent Prestige 10% + non-CSAC 50% day. Getting trade banned when GS is actually giving us reasons to trade will not be fun.

oh sneaky gamestop. the website trade in values show some drops, at least from what the app showed yesterday. PS4 games like Arkham Knight, UFC 3, and Prey down to $2. The app still shows higher values, but if you save the values, they then show the $2 as well
The one that shocked me going through my games was Ducktales Remastered. Can't believe how quickly that shot up in price after the news of it being delisted digitally. If the deal does work on last gen games, should be getting $16 with pro for the 360 or PS3 version.

One thing I have been wondering is that this seems like perfect timing for the promo as the stores switched to bonuses based on trade-ins.

FYI for anyone that purchased Left Alive during the 3 for $15. Should be able to get back what you paid for it and then some, as it's $2 base. So you don't want to be stuck with that stinker of a game, now is a good time to dump it.

The one that shocked me going through my games was Ducktales Remastered. Can't believe how quickly that shot up in price after the news of it being delisted digitally. If the deal does work on last gen games, should be getting $16 with pro for the 360 or PS3 version.

One thing I have been wondering is that this seems like perfect timing for the promo as the stores switched to bonuses based on trade-ins.

FYI for anyone that purchased Left Alive during the 3 for $15. Should be able to get back what you paid for it and then some, as it's $2 base
Currently shows $2 and $2.50 based on mobile app for those trade-in values for DuckTales Remastered.

I think the $5 is going to work on all systems. I just traded my 3DS games from Five Below and it applied to all of them. $13.40 for Animal Crossing happy home designer for 3DS with elite pro

Currently shows $2 and $2.50 based on mobile app for those trade-in values for DuckTales Remastered.
Website is showing $10 base and $11 pro for 360 & PS3 (so $15/$16 with the extra $5, if it works). From what I've learned trading in, the website values are usually more consistent than the app ones. Don't know what it is, but the app TIVs usually don't update as quickly as the website ones do.

Just like Left Alive. App is showing $3 base, website is showing $2 base.

So is it extra 5$ per game or is it a extra 5$ per transaction?  Can I go in with a bunch of 3$ games and get a extra 5$ per game or is it just going to be a extra 5$ for the whole trade in transaction?

Given the # of great trade promos GS has been having lately, be sure to keep track of the total amount of your trades. It is not hard to go over $2000 in trades in a rolling 30-day window. Especially, if you did boomerangs on the recent Prestige 10% + non-CSAC 50% day. Getting trade banned when GS is actually giving us reasons to trade will not be fun.
Yeah, not hitting the ban limits became the only benefit of being stuck at the airport all day on Prestige Day and missing all of it.

Just traded a bunch of stuff.  Mostly current gen, but some Wii and WiiU.  All got $5 bonus.  Note that a couple on my list dropped in value from yesterday to today (this probably isn't a big surprise to most of you but I almost missed it).  They were just above $2 yesterday and dropped to about $1.65 today.

So modded my WII U and overall has worked fine. Do have random issues with controller cutting out for 1-2 seconds, hasn't been a big deal though. My walls have had issues with wireless signals, so not surprising.

A lot easier to soft mod than 3ds and regular WII.

Only have one issue, can't figure out how to not use gamepad as controller 1. Want to play on tv with gamecube controller, but can't change to player 1. Still not even use how to turn off screen and just play on tv.

Has anyone tested to see if PS3 or 360 games work? Have a stack of games that I'm looking to dump in a little bit and just curious if that's working.
ANY game. Someone earlier even said retro games. Just has to be min. $2.00 TIV

Is the 50% trade in bonus in California still going on or is that dead? And if it its does it stack with this?
No. CSAC is over.

Thinking of dumping the majority of my Xbox One games to take advantage of the extra $5. I decided sometime ago that I wasn't going to upgrade my One to a One S or One X at this point and while I do plan on picking up the next Xbox console, I feel like I could get rid of some stuff and pay off some of the Fall releases that are about to reign terror upon my bank account. 

Thinking of dumping the majority of my Xbox One games to take advantage of the extra $5. I decided sometime ago that I wasn't going to upgrade my One to a One S or One X at this point and while I do plan on picking up the next Xbox console, I feel like I could get rid of some stuff and pay off some of the Fall releases that are about to reign terror upon my bank account.
I mean, if you've got Gamepass you're pretty much set. Especially on first-party.

Just traded a bunch of stuff. Mostly current gen, but some Wii and WiiU. All got $5 bonus. Note that a couple on my list dropped in value from yesterday to today (this probably isn't a big surprise to most of you but I almost missed it). They were just above $2 yesterday and dropped to about $1.65 today.
This got me nervous since I just bought 12X 3/$15 yesterday, but according to the website, none dropped and some actually went up. Easy $58 credit to $96, almost makes me think there is still a future for flips.

I mean, if you've got Gamepass you're pretty much set. Especially on first-party.
That's kinda what I was thinking. I renewed my GamePass a few months ago and canceled it again after not playing anything on my Xbox One. The combination of things just not running as well on the OG Xbox One and lack of 4K make it hard for me to want to play anything on the Xbox One at this point. Halo Master Chief Collection also has some decent trade value. I could probably end up with a couple hundred in trade credit too which will take care of a few games coming out in the next few months as well or pay for my Switch Lite.

This is pretty much my thinking now. There's too much "free" digital services games or good digital sales. Also, I just don't want to mess with physical anymore - especially since the easiest way to trade in games (Gamestop) may have limited life left...

Anyone try trading in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition? There doesn't seem to be a trade in value for this game.
Gamestop doesn't take it or sell the arcade edition used. That version comes with a DLC code for a one time use for the Season 1 & 2 content. Without it, you're stuck missing a ton of content. So, if someone else tried to play it after, it would basically be the plain regular version.

Can triple confirm ALL game trades ($2+) get $5 extra credit per game.

I'll add a second reminder... DO ALL YOUR TRADES TODAY.

GS is bound to drop TIVs to $1.80 all throughout the promo period as people dump all their last gen games.

Can triple confirm ALL game trades ($2+) get $5 extra credit per game.

I'll add a second reminder... DO ALL YOUR TRADES TODAY.

GS is bound to drop TIVs to $1.80 all throughout the promo period as people dump all their last gen games.
My thoughts. Lot of my Xbox One games are hovering around the $2-$3 mark, going to grab some stuff after work and head over there. Be nice to make more room on my shelves for Switch and PS4 games as well!

Probably been answered already, but does your extra % from the membership stack on top of the $5 or is it just the base value plus the $5?

Traded in a couple OG Xbox games I wasn't going to play. I also traded in Marvel's Spider-Man and got $18 (which surprised me since the app was saying $9 base), which I am glad I held off until today to do since I got more than I would have yesterday.

Interesting. It seems like GS are updating PUR active offers weekly. GameStop is really trying to step up their game.

Traded in 15 old 360 & PS3 games along with Left Alive.   Got Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros U + Super Luigi U with 1 year warranties for all of them and still have credit left.  Can confirm that the website TIVs are right, so use that instead of the app's TIVs.  

So many of those trade ins were from previous 3 for $15/4 for $20 deals that I made my money back and a little bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back