2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just traded a bunch of stuff. Mostly current gen, but some Wii and WiiU. All got $5 bonus. Note that a couple on my list dropped in value from yesterday to today (this probably isn't a big surprise to most of you but I almost missed it). They were just above $2 yesterday and dropped to about $1.65 today.
are you saying the 1.65 games got the $5 bonus?
(and is that base value on app or website)? Because they are not matching

Glad to hear so many are cleaning up on this promo. This one seems to be the one that generates the most excitement aside from the really big b2g1/trade promo ones.
I did really good today. Over $300 worth and got a big pile of games from a store for only $30 that flipped into $175. I'll wait a couple days before I go again.

A couple of my games, when they got hit with a refurb fee, it killed the $5 bonus.  Mario Super Sluggers Wii and Guitar Hero iii 360 specifically.  Others got hit with a refurb fee and it didnt kill the bonus including blops ii PS3.  All of these games definitely deserved the refurb fee and were probably gonna hit the trash before this promo.  And my lone Saturn game, Croc, didn't get a bonus...I was ok with getting $4.80 because it was completely thrashed.

Just pre-ordered the Pokemon edition Switch Lite... There's still some out there if you call around.  Also, gonna trade in my OG Switch for the V2.

Traded in a couple OG Xbox games I wasn't going to play. I also traded in Marvel's Spider-Man and got $18 (which surprised me since the app was saying $9 base), which I am glad I held off until today to do since I got more than I would have yesterday.
which xbox games and what values? i have a good size library to pick from.

Is the $35 e shop promo with buying switch still going on? I’ve seen it listed as a separate model, but if UPC is the same, and the better battery one too, figuratively you could buy the bundle but ask for one of the red boxed new models

Traded in about 15 or so games.

(2) copies of god of war (2018)

Dragon Quest 11 (ps4)

Days Gone

Super Bomberman R (switch)

Along with some greatest hits ps4 games (Bloodborne, Last of Us, Uncharted 4) then misc Wii and xbox 360 games. 

Total was $187, I wound up getting pretty much what I had paid used for the newer games. Depending upon if values tank tomorrow I'm thinking of visiting pawn shops in my area to re stock on wii / 360 / etc games for another run.  

Thanks for the heads up!

For the person who had asked, my receipt was showing the $5 bonus stacking with the 10% from PUR. 

Was about to trade in fallout 4 and the division which had a base value of $2 but the values tanked by 50 cents [emoji58]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I was able to take advantage of this deal to get rid of a bunch of mostly older stuff (PS3/Vita/Wii) that'll probably never be worth more than right now. At a minimum $7 per title, it's too good of a deal to pass up.

Welp, just messed up and accidentally traded in 2 copies of Mario Maker Wii U in the same transaction. Here's hoping whatever detection they use to catch that passes me by. Newer associate missed it and I forgot I had 2 in the bag when I plopped the stack down.

Welp, just messed up and accidentally traded in 2 copies of Mario Maker Wii U in the same transaction. Here's hoping whatever detection they use to catch that passes me by. Newer associate missed it and I forgot I had 2 in the bag when I plopped the stack down.
a few of my games didn't have a case and I noticed when I got home on the receipt that they typed one game in and gave me credit for it twice so hopefully that won't mess anything up

Don't think that is an issue. The employee isn't suppose to allow it, but if he did, you should be in the clear.

The only restriction im aware of is the 4 copies in a 30 day period

The '2 of the same not allowed in the same transaction' rule is just a thing they do to prevent fraud and theft, I don't believe there's any actual system that dings you for it.

Two of the same game at one store is fine, but usually the employee won’t allow it. Got almost $400 on my first run today, great promo. Definitely expect some values dropping very soon. Rare Replay and Sonic DX for GCN showed $2 on the app, but the computer said $1.5 so there might be some discrepancies.

Question, I traded in over 4 controllers last month and am now banned (trade wouldn’t go through last time I tried). How long do trade bans normally last?

Question, I traded in over 4 controllers last month and am now banned (trade wouldn’t go through last time I tried). How long do trade bans normally last?
It should be 90 days unless you did something crazy like trade 40 of the same controller in.

Ducktales PS3 is tradeing in for $22.50 on Amazon btw
It is showing up again for $22.46 trade credit

https://www.amazon.com/Ducktales-Remastered-Physical-Version-Playstation-3/dp/B00GAXCG3U/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=ducktales+remastered+ps3&qid=1565670128&s=gateway&sprefix=ducktales+r&sr=8-2

And I sold a 360 version for $45 on eBay yesterday.
Sadly the PS3 version is trending between $20-$28 for used

Great promotions. Got rid of a lot of my backlog I knew I'll never touch and freed up some space :). A lot of stuff I got during those 4 for 20, 3 for 15 deals went right back lol. Might go thru the collection one more time and make one last trip assuming values don't tank tomorrow. 

FF15 and Bayonetta 2 on Wiiu showed 2 bucks on the app before I went in but was nuked to 1-1.50 in store. I just kept them. 

Pro no longer nets you 10% bonus for trades they have made some massive changes apparently. I still have Elite Pro but I wonder if the 20% bonus applies.

The homepage shows that the $5 bonus is only supposed to apply to XB1, PS4, and Switch games. When you click on it, it still shows the banner for all games. Don't procrastinate trading in last-gen games.

Pro no longer nets you 10% bonus for trades they have made some massive changes apparently. I still have Elite Pro but I wonder if the 20% bonus applies.
Might be a screw up on their part for the new layout. As the PUR page still mentions an extra 10% on trades.

One thing I'm finding a pain is finding stuff locally. Now you have to go on the product page to find out if any store in the area has a copy instead of the option being there looking through a certain category.

What's the point of having Pro membership now? A measly 10% off used games isn't worth $15/year to me. I'm so glad I kept declining their recommendations to use my points on it now; I didn't think they would remove anything, but I also rarely do business with them to make it worth it.

I seriously hope it's just an error from the website redesign though.

I don't know what you all are talking about. The new site looks and functions so much better than that archaic buggy mess they've been using forever.

Ughhhh... Nevermind. You can't filter out unavailable items. Trash.

10% bonus for PRO is showing for me on the site, it wasn't earlier. Also, on the saved trades page,it currently puts the Cash value where it says Trade Credit Value. So far no drops for the remaining games I plan on trading in today. I think there are a few kinks they need to work out with the site.

One nice thing is that you can now purchase for pickup at store and use CAG16. But, CAG16 only applies up to 3 items, so that has been nerfed a bit. Also, for store pickup, it only allows up to 3 items per transaction.

The homepage shows that the $5 bonus is only supposed to apply to XB1, PS4, and Switch games. When you click on it, it still shows the banner for all games. Don't procrastinate trading in last-gen games.
Shit, hope this isn't a glitch and it works on older games. I got a ton of old, cheap games that aren't worth selling on eBay but might meet the $2 min on GS to be traded in for the $5 bonus.

Anyone know why you can't check TIVs for PS2 games or PSP games on Gamestop?

EDIT* Actually seems like some GBA and N64 games aren't showing up either. And some PS2 games do show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back