2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally upgraded my DS to a 2DS lol.

Just flipped 10 games that I bought ($3-6 each) from the thrift stores this past year for $133 store credit. I then used the credit plus $25 (includes a pro membership renewal) on a 2DS XL.

IMG-2670.jpg

Going to flip the games below tomorrow which I got all from the thrift stores.

IMG-2672.jpg
Bruh. Platinum and Diamond alone could net nearly double that for cart only.

I would not be as blaisé about the additional stack, there's money to be had there.

My order didn't get cancelled! Check out my haul: https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1161877503985586176

Pokemon Platinum and Fire Emblem... My heart breaks seeing you trade those in. I'd have given you $50 for each.

is it a code on the receipt? just bought a 500 million headset.
No code on the receipt, the box has a sticker on it that says "Neo Versa bundle" or something. The new bundle comes in black or white. Haven't opened it because it's wrapped for my son's b-day.

$10 coupon off my next order with no minimum restrictions. Last time it was $5 with a minimum purchase of $10 or $10 with a minimum purchase of $20.

It says offer is online only, but I wonder how the new "Pay Now" with pickup effects that. I will test it out later.

Also, not valid with other offers (probably can't stack these coupons), not valid on consoles, pre-orders, bundles, special editions, gift cards (curious if this includes PSN/eShop/XBL), or DLC.

Edit: I just cross-referenced the order numbers in the emails send and it was for online orders only. Nothing for the pick ups.

Edit 2: Cannot stack codes. Also, it reduces your 10% off for Pro or cag16.

No, they won't.

Edit: It looks like even if you got multiple codes, only one can be redeemed. None of the other ones work now. "This coupon cannot be added to your cart"

No, they won't.

Edit: It looks like even if you got multiple codes, only one can be redeemed. None of the other ones work now. "This coupon cannot be added to your cart"
In the app I successfully added both codes with 2 items in cart and under summary it shows -$20 discount, just added a 3rd item and now the 3rd code I have is added

Did anyone trade anything in yesterday and not get points today? Looking over my account, that seems to be the case. Not sure if they did away with them or there's some other issue going on.

Not to sound condescending or anything, but you are a total fool if you trade those games in
lol calm down you guys. The discs are in bad condition (mad scratches) and un-tested. Yeah I know I could have resurfaced the disc but I don't have the tools and time to do them. Those pokemon ds games I traded-in are fake cartridges (after google searching the serial #) but it works and plays fine. I doubt any of you guys would want them here so I flip them to gamestop and I'm surprised GS took them. These games I'm about to trade-in are in badly shape too and incomplete (no manual) and I already own them in my personal collection. I literally got all of these from the thrift stores for about $3-$6 each.

No, they won't.

So I ended up cancelling my first order with the only coupon I could use. The code wouldn't work again. Then I tried the other coupons and I got the "this coupon cannot be added to your cart" message.

So I call up Customer Service and the very nice person remedies this by giving me 40k points.

lol calm down you guys. The discs are in bad condition (mad scratches) and un-tested. Yeah I know I could have resurfaced the disc but I don't have the tools and time to do them. Those pokemon ds games I traded-in are fake cartridges (after google searching the serial #) but it works and plays fine. I doubt any of you guys would want them here so I flip them to gamestop and I'm surprised GS took them. These games I'm about to trade-in are in badly shape too and incomplete (no manual) and I already own them in my personal collection. I literally got all of these from the thrift stores for about $3-$6 each.
Ok, we forgive you

Does anyone know if Gamestop has gift cards to Longhorn Steakhouse or would something like that vary by store? I've never used credit to get a gift card outside of video game currency, so I have no idea what they even offer lol

Yeah, some games can just be a liability to sell, even if they're generally valuable. I traded in copies of Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion (GCN) for $20 and $15 respectively, plus a Pro bump. These are coveted games, but these copies were beaten to hell, had writing on the disc and case, lacked the manuals and were at risk of having playback issues. I was content to get what I got for them, especially since I got them for pennies on the dollar in the first place. 

On a related note - apparently retro games are immune to refurb fees? This might be common knowledge, but it surprised me.

So i I trade in the old switch do I have to buy the new one as part of the deal?

Or can I hold on to the $225 for later when switch price has some sort of promo?

Would you all recommend recommending upgrading from old to new for basically $75 pus tax at this time?

Polluting the world with more Pokemon fakes is pretty gross. I wouldn't knowingly trade in a fake, but that's just me.
But yeah, I agree with this and wouldn't trade in fakes. It's not the end of the world, and I'm not about to stone anybody for doing it, but it's not a good look either.

I know "It's just GameStop," but they're extremely unlikely to catch or write-off bootlegs, and anybody buying a Pokemon DS game from GS is gonna be paying a mint. The fact that they're pretty likely to receive a bootleg is a bummer.

Trading in known fakes/boots is a garbage-person move and is far more egregious than some misinformed trading.

Does anyone know if Gamestop has gift cards to Longhorn Steakhouse or would something like that vary by store? I've never used credit to get a gift card outside of video game currency, so I have no idea what they even offer lol
I think it's regional, maybe district based and for the most part, chain restaurants.

Ive seen so many posts on these forums about the fake games, or the shitty wii u games, or whatever and here you have this guy contributing to the same thing people have complained about. You give them junk and then expect gold in return. I guess since its gamestop its just cool to do scummy things to them. Your actually disgusting.

Everyone: Haha fuck Gamespot. I can't wait until they die.

Also Everyone: Don't rip off Gamespot!
I see your point (and it's funny), but this in particular is about the customers rather than GameStop itself. Pokemon has a huge casual audience, and these fans are less likely to distinguish bootlegs from the genuine article... or even know that bootlegs are an issue. This could screw them over if they ever try to sell their copy on the secondhand market, if the save battery is on some bull fuck , etc. Nasty surprises are never fun, especially when they're long after the return period.

So i I trade in the old switch do I have to buy the new one as part of the deal?

Or can I hold on to the $225 for later when switch price has some sort of promo?

Would you all recommend recommending upgrading from old to new for basically $75 pus tax at this time?
NO.
The switch is $200, the $25 bonus says *nothing* about it must be used towards anything. Just in store credit.

If the employee says anything else, have them read it aloud to you... it s just normal credit no purchase requirements.
I just did this yesterday after the Gs girl thought the same, she read it back and realized she was mistaken.

Just a friendly reminder to watch what games they enter into the system when trading them in.

I traded 4 Wii Sports during the last SB, and traded in a Wii Sports Resort today that they mistakenly put in as Wii Sports.  Luckily I caught it and made them fix it or else it could have resulted in a ban for me.

For me it's a value call. I'm a bit on the fence myself, ultimately siding with not upgrading and just carrying a backup battery / charger. Obvious downside is the original model switch may go down in trade value because of the newer model (ala PS4 OG vs Slim)

I took the plunge and bought the switch revision, brought it home, and transferred my user/save data from my old switch.

Afterwards, I took the old switch back to GS for trade. As an aside, while trading in my switch (for $225 trade credit) I was able to pickup $120 in Netflix cards and $20 in eShop cards using trade credit from the switch (same transaction).

Tried trading in Splinter Cell: double agent today at my local store. Didn't automatically get the $5 bump, so I held onto it. Retro games may not work anymore. The X360 and PS3 games worked fine though. Going to try another store tomorrow and see if they'll manually add on the $5 for me. Good luck out there!

Tried trading in Splinter Cell: double agent today at my local store. Didn't automatically get the $5 bump, so I held onto it. Retro games may not work anymore. The X360 and PS3 games worked fine though. Going to try another store tomorrow and see if they'll manually add on the $5 for me. Good luck out there!
Odd. I traded in 8 retro games (PS1, PS2, GC, NES) about two hours ago and they all got the bump automatically.

The $10 codes are dumb. Last time they worked on PSN, XBL, eshop cards. This time, they only work on physical items it seems. Just going to try to convert the three that I have into $7.50 credit with that $5 trade-in bonus.

Really, what would I buy for $10 from GS when they have 4 for $20 sales all the time? Honestly asking to see what everyone is doing with their own.

Sorry, missed the discussion about the new website and everyone is now talking about the glitches. Are the TiV on the app or website accurate? The website is showing much lower values for me.

Sorry, missed the discussion about the new website and everyone is now talking about the glitches. Are the TiV on the app or website accurate? The website is showing much lower values for me.
The App was 100% accurate for my 24 games I traded today. I think the website is having issues for some people.

the Gamecube version I presume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back