2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can, but they shouldn't. I don't think meant that they want to flag you. It's kinda like when we get comments on our lifetime points.

During the last prestige day I had an employee look at my TC total after a large purchase and tell me I was "ballin!". And every trade in I did was accompanied by someone practically gasping out my large TC total (which was not appreciated).
I had that happen too, traded in game and swiped card to add credit to it. Employee announces,"Now you have $440 in credit, have a good day".

If anyone wants a Wii console with Wii Fit, someone just posted a bundle at a steal on FB Marketplace. You can have it all for just $400.

The Microsoft store has some computers too, they seemed a little high too last time I checked, but probably still better than GameStop. I bought a bunch of Xbox credit a few weeks ago and ordered a Rift S.
Don't want to make a mistake, you bought xbox credit and bought a rift S?

Can xbox credit be used on Microsoft store physical items?

Don't want to make a mistake, you bought xbox credit and bought a rift S?

Can xbox credit be used on Microsoft store physical items?
Yes, I got one for around $380 after taxes and student discount. I bought 4 $50 cards off the site with no issue but the 5th order went under review. Still received it, but probably better to go in-store or do a mix of both. Went in store to get the rest. Can be used on anything physical as far as I know. Came a few days later and it is awesome.

Yes, I got one for around $380 after taxes and student discount. I bought 4 $50 cards off the site with no issue but the 5th order went under review. Still received it, but probably better to go in-store or do a mix of both. Went in store to get the rest. Can be used on anything physical as far as I know. Came a few days later and it is awesome.
I'm not sure if I should get PSVR.Rift S or Samsung HMD Odyssey+.

My PC has good CPU, but low end GPU. Ryzen 1700,16gb ram and Rx560 4gb.

Any other "tricks" to turn credit into something useful?

Don't think I have the room for VR, so will hold off for now.

Any other "tricks" to turn credit into something useful?
When Kohl’s has consoles and PSVR for way less than any other store on Black Friday plus $50-100 back in rewards... GameStop sells Kohl’s gift cards.

When the Nike Store sells last years Apple Watch at a true last year kinda price rather than a measly $30 off the new model like the Apple Store... GameStop sells Nike gift cards

Quick question, does gift card cover tax?

Didn’t pay anything out of pocket, the gift card covered tax.
Thanks. Leaning towards Samsung HMD Odyssey+, as it's $100 cheaper than rift s.

Also looking at Samsung notebook flash laptop and couple of other things.

Have about $440 on credit, but likely buying COD MW, so more like $380.

can a JD flag your account randomly just by making a purchase?

I went to a different store in my area to pickup a game that they had and when he scanned my credit he literally jumped back and said "holy s*** how did you get that much trade credit? Was it with our new $5 per game promo that started this week"

I just said yeah I traded some in the other day, bought my game and left lol
I would highly recommend not using your PUR card for storing trade credit. Not only can they see it in this instance which is a red flag, but if you get banned they can also drain your balance. If it wasn't a PUR card and just the black trade cards I would also recommend getting a new card each time. This ensures they don't see your whole amount when you swipe it, but also there was an issue a year or two back when they added new trade credit to a card with a balance already on it, it would wipe what was on it then add the new amount. It was a fairly isolated incident as I recall, but just some advice. I try to keep my cards at $100, but can be difficult if trading consoles and higher value things.

So need to order 7 $50 xbox cards. Can do 3 per order online, any chances of ban or cancellations?

Can't really go into store this week.

So is there officially no longer a way to have the site list games in order of TIV by system?  If so, they've killed the one feature of the site I use religiously.

Anyone else still having their orders cancelled? I had made new orders with the $10 compensation coupons and over half were cancelled for no reason. 

I have 6 top tier Switch games holding to trade. When do you guys think will be best to offload? I want to get as much credit as possible for the Switch Lite. Should I do it now, or wait and see if theres a better trade in deal by 9/20. Does the trade in value for Elite on website include extra $5?

I have 6 top tier Switch games holding to trade. When do you guys think will be best to offload? I want to get as much credit as possible for the Switch Lite. Should I do it now, or wait and see if theres a better trade in deal by 9/20. Does the trade in value for Elite on website include extra $5?
We can't predict the future. It has been a long time since they netted more than $42.

All trade bonuses are added at the time of trade. The values on the site do not include additional bonuses

I would trade now. Getting $41 each after Elite + $5 bonus. Not sure that you'll see more than that in the next month.

I just picked up a couple of copies of Animal Crossing Home Designer on 3DS to flip. I should be safe to trade two copies at once right? I can't remember how the policy works on multiples, but didn't want to get too greedy and clear out my local Five Below. 

I just picked up a couple of copies of Animal Crossing Home Designer on 3DS to flip. I should be safe to trade two copies at once right? I can't remember how the policy works on multiples, but didn't want to get too greedy and clear out my local Five Below.
Should only be one at a time of the same title. Only times I was able to trade two of the same games at once is if I had a large trade and spaced them out in the pile I had and they didn’t notice.

If you are old enough looking to have a couple of kids you might be able to say both your kids had copies.

Should only be one at a time of the same title. Only times I was able to trade two of the same games at once is if I had a large trade and spaced them out in the pile I had and they didn’t notice.

If you are old enough looking to have a couple of kids you might be able to say both your kids had copies.
Eh, I won't risk getting banned. I'll just trade one copy in Tuesday when I pick up my Metal Wolf Chaos XD pre-order and then trade the other copy in over the weekend at another location before the promo is over. I like Animal Crossing, but don't care to keep this one in the collection.

Trade now imo

Anyone that paid with trade credit during the glitch get their credit back after the cancellation? I still haven't been refunded, not sure what I need to do, I suppose I'll have to contact cs.

Anyone that paid with trade credit during the glitch get their credit back after the cancellation? I still haven't been refunded, not sure what I need to do, I suppose I'll have to contact cs.
You have to contact cs to get the hold on your card removed. For credit cards it's automatic. For gc/tc, they won't drop off unless you call.

So will the Switch TIV stay like this until the promo is over or do you think they will go back to normal after today? I was hoping to finish playing some of mine but don’t want to miss out on getting a decent value for them either.

I have an Xbox One S i'm going to trade in due to the $25 bonus on consoles right now- what should I do/not do before taking it over?  Wipe the hard drive?  Log out from XBL? etc

Eh, I won't risk getting banned. I'll just trade one copy in Tuesday when I pick up my Metal Wolf Chaos XD pre-order and then trade the other copy in over the weekend at another location before the promo is over. I like Animal Crossing, but don't care to keep this one in the collection.
Metal Wolf Chaos XD is the 27th. Wish it was tomorrow.

Anybody try stacking the CAG16/Pro with a PUR certificate (online-only or the other kind) for store pick-up? Wondering if it would work, might try it out later and see.

I have an Xbox One S i'm going to trade in due to the $25 bonus on consoles right now- what should I do/not do before taking it over? Wipe the hard drive? Log out from XBL? etc
Log out of everything, if you have it set as your home console remove that and initialize the device. That will remove all of your info from the device.

So will the Switch TIV stay like this until the promo is over or do you think they will go back to normal after today? I was hoping to finish playing some of mine but don’t want to miss out on getting a decent value for them either.
Today or wait til next bump and hope for a different promo

You are correct. Could have sworn my app said it was out on the 20th yesterday though.
I'm gonna say like 90% sure that you're right because I thought the same day.

I did a bunch of junk trades taking advantage of that 5 on 2 deal. Paid off Zelda dreamer and borderlands still had 220 credit so wow! I know you guys do this all the time but I definitely don't. All just junk or loose disc stuff from yardsales. May have taken a hit on a few bucks if I ebayed but wow not worth the extra effort.

Picked up 3 older gen games from Goodwill at $4.99 a pop (SF Bay Area prices) and flipped them for $25 and change this morning. The Goodwill and GS are about 1/4 mile apart ...so it was kind of my way.

Not a huge score but felt good about "donating" money to Goodwill and getting extra credit out of it.

Pro prices with extra $5 in..Wii Sports Resort ($9.40), Lego Harry Potter years 1-4 PS3 ($8.30), and Disney Epic Mickey 2 ($7.75).

Edit..also the wii sports resort game was inside of a WiiU Mario Kart 8 case..so who knows where that game ended up. 😆

Picked up 3 older gen games from Goodwill at $4.99 a pop (SF Bay Area prices) and flipped them for $25 and change this morning. The Goodwill and GS are about 1/4 mile apart ...so it was kind of my way.

Not a huge score but felt good about "donating" money to Goodwill and getting extra credit out of it.

Wii Sports Resort ($9.40),Lego Harry Potter years 1-4 PS3 ($8.30), and Disney Epic Mickey 2 ($7.75).
Was going to ask if Goodwills are worth checking out in the Bay Area. I've never understand how people manage to flip here when theres literally no weird game carrying stores out here (stores like Five Below, other home family stores like out in the midwest) because even places like Target and Walmart here don't ever have any of those deals you see. Are hospice stores and goodwills where the treasure is here?

Was going to ask if Goodwills are worth checking out in the Bay Area. I've never understand how people manage to flip here when theres literally no weird game carrying stores out here (stores like Five Below, other home family stores like out in the midwest) because even places like Target and Walmart here don't ever have any of those deals you see. Are hospice stores and goodwills where the treasure is here?
Not been my experience in the Bay Area the past 3 years. I lived in Sacramento area for 15+ years and always found better stuff (games, books) in those (especially the one near the Capitol). I've had more luck finding stuff at Target/Walmart but I live in the East Bay so we have more of them than the city.

Not been my experience in the Bay Area the past 3 years. I lived in Sacramento area for 15+ years and always found better stuff (games, books) in those (especially the one near the Capitol). I've had more luck finding stuff at Target/Walmart but I live in the East Bay so we have more of them than the city.
Ah I'm in east bay as well so maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. Thank you for the insight.

If anyone had a Stuff Etc by them, they are a good source. Any games sitting on the shelf more than 60 days gets marked down by 50%...

90 days by 80%.

I got LOTS of good shit there. Both to flip and keep (I love you my $3 copy of Nier for PS3)

BTW ended up having my brother trade in the games for me, and some more that I got the next day at the swap meet. He got the membership as a bonus as it ended up paying for itself. Ended up being about $300 in credit that I got.

Lol, yup. PH
Again, yep. And I've been to that Goodwill too. Never saw anything worth getting to flip.
Small world. The extra $5 on $2+ games helps...if you have the time. Just check the games at that Goodwill because they apparently don't before they lock them in that glass case under at the register.

I saw 2-3 empty cases and a few discs that were not the game belonging to the case. 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back