2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
going back to the PUR cert/Amazon GC, anyone try a $50 cert on the Amazon GC? I don't want to be the guinea pig and be stuck with a $50 cert at this point. Only thing I"m remotely interested in is the PS5 and that's not going to release until after the cert expires.
The only Amazon cards they had at the store i went to today was the $25 card and then the card where you can put in a custom value. I used a $10 and $15 certificate and got a $25 card. Went through fine.

What do you guys think? 50 games all with $2 base traded in to one store? Or should I split it into two trades at two stores to avoid suspicion?

There's only like 3 cross platform duplicates between the bunch so I don't think that would raise too many eyes.

Im surprised how many of you have been able to find multiple last gen games with a $2+ trade value. I have 50+ 360 games and not a single one has a trade value of $2 or higher.

I found a five below with Animal Crossing. If I grab and trade in 4 before the promo ends, I will be alright as long as I don’t trade in another one in the next 30 days, correct?

What do you guys think? 50 games all with $2 base traded in to one store? Or should I split it into two trades at two stores to avoid suspicion?

There's only like 3 cross platform duplicates between the bunch so I don't think that would raise too many eyes.
Given the changes, the employee should be thrilled to get such a large trade-in.

I'm looking forward to Gamestop closing stores and consolidating inventory. Reason is the stores they close will surely be in the more rural, less-traffic urban areas. I would always see inventory in those far away stores and wonder just how great it would be if that stock movwd over to the city.

Still bad for Gamestop, and those customers, but good for their business.

Could list em for us please

Just bought a PS4 with controller and 14 games from a local Facebook yard sale page for $110. Trade in for everything at Gamestop is around $300 with the bonuses. Might have to watch the yard sale pages more often.

anyone know what's require to trade in an iPad. Do I need just the unit or is the usb cord and power outlet require? Apple sell these for $30 so i'm not sure if it's worth it to trade these along with it. 

anyone know what's require to trade in an iPad. Do I need just the unit or is the usb cord and power outlet require? Apple sell these for $30 so i'm not sure if it's worth it to trade these along with it.
Used to just get $1 taken off for no cord. It’s been years. Give em a call

going back to the PUR cert/Amazon GC, anyone try a $50 cert on the Amazon GC? I don't want to be the guinea pig and be stuck with a $50 cert at this point. Only thing I"m remotely interested in is the PS5 and that's not going to release until after the cert expires.
I did a $50 on Tuesday, no problem. But if you're really worried, do two $25s in separate transactions, whats the difference?

Then the question is how many times are you buying a $54.99 base game a year? If its enough to cover the $60 year round discount with the new PUR then you have to think to yourself that you're already not getting much of a deal. You should never pay more than $30 for a game, and when you do pay $30 or around 30 it should be for a new game. It also seems like you have elite which most people dont, meaning they dont even get as big of a discount. I think you're looking at it from the lens of someone who paid $30 for a year instead of $15.

Keep in mind also that if you really do spend this exuberant amount on recently released used copies that all that money is going to the guys you're angry at, which is what gave them the balls to make this change in the first place.

The B2G1 promos are usually only once MAYBE twice a year. This is the only time where its beneficial to the consumer to have 10% off, as you should never buy new released games one at a time, even if they're used.
According to my receipt from yesterday, my elite membership saved me $1,470 just this year. I don't know how they come up with that number, but I can promise you with this rumored new Pro rewards I will be spending a LOT less money in GS.

There's only like 3 cross platform duplicates between the bunch so I don't think that would raise too many eyes
They won't bat an eye at that. They will just be happy to see you.

Just a heads up , since I found out with swapping out a few defective games earlier.   Apparently GS's site only updates inventory on the store locator 1 time early in the morning now.   So if there's something you're wanting shows up on the store locator, call ahead to see if they still have it.  As it might've been sold and not updated on the website later that day like it used to.

Wow, this new website is bad... 

I tried using my TG coupon and and it disables all other offers. 

I select an item for in store pick up and am being charged $8 shipping. 

fucks sake. 

I've been scanning this topic trying to see if there's any new in store offers like the recent 3 for $15 deal. I apologize in advance if I missed it. Just curious if anything replaced it. Thanks!

I did the math yesterday after all the talk about the new Pro. I've saved 3,110 this year alone. Gamestop is about to replace that with 45 bucks, and that's assuming I would make it in every month, and take away the discounts on pre owned on top of it.
Yeah I think if I did the math the value of the Elite would be way more than that. Especially factoring in points too. I can see why they couldn't sustain Elite, but they have to do better than a $5 coupon a month, thats just insulting.

I've been scanning this topic trying to see if there's any new in store offers like the recent 3 for $15 deal. I apologize in advance if I missed it. Just curious if anything replaced it. Thanks!
The current one kind of sucks. Buy any system, get 50% off any games you buy with it, that are $9.99 or less. Hopefully that ends Sunday and we go back to a decent deal so we can all spend this trade credit. There is no other in-store promo right now for used games AFAIK.

Weird story....
Woke up this morning to see my account was out 11,500 points. Now I had gone into GS the day before to do a trade in and at no moment did I use a reward certificate. I checked my inbox but I also didn’t receive an email to verify like it normally does. This was really weird. Clearly someone else had used my account and redeemed my points. So I headed over to the GS I visited the day before and explained my situation. The advisor that was there agreed that this was very weird and jumped on the phone with customer service to help retrieve my “lost points.” After a long wait on hold with customer service my situation was finally resolved but I wasn’t given any info on who or how the points were used. They just returned them and apologized profusely. I also had to change my sign in information. Cool points back!
When I got home after work today I checked my inbox like I regularly do and I came across an email for the points that were redeemed and saw it was for a Google play card.

Now my detective brain went to work lol.

The young lady that rang me up took a whole lot longer than it normally takes to do a trade in (normally 5-10 mins for me) but I thought nothing of it until I saw this email.

Is it possible that reason she took so long was because she was taking my info or something?
No one else has access to my account. Also the email came in at 1:19am although it didn’t show up in my inbox until the next day at around 8 pm.

TL;DR
Someone stole points from my account and I believe it was one of the advisors that works at my local gamestop. What should I do? I don’t feel safe going to this store anymore due to what happened. And if the advisor did take it how can I make sure they are reprimanded for what they did.

Any advice would be the bees knees

Thanks.

Hell, their whole new membership is based on getting $5 coupons. Could you imagine if you try to buy a game on sale for $39.99, use a $5 off coupon, and they try to charge you $54.99 because the SRP was $60?
The headset situation is dumb, but that's actually how the system is set up now. I can't remember any specific examples (besides $10 clearance board game day), but I know I've tried to use a $25 off coupon on a $39.99 sale game, and it dropped it to $34.99 because it took off the regular $59.99 price. I think if the sale price is printed on the price sticker it'll work, but if the discount is under the item on the receipt as something like "Promo 11682 - $20.00" one of them will get cancelled out.

The headset situation is dumb, but that's actually how the system is set up now. I can't remember any specific examples (besides $10 clearance board game day), but I know I've tried to use a $25 off coupon on a $39.99 sale game, and it dropped it to $34.99 because it took off the regular $59.99 price. I think if the sale price is printed on the price sticker it'll work, but if the discount is under the item on the receipt as something like "Promo 11682 - $20.00" one of them will get cancelled out.
Yeah I think that's how it works for POS promos, like on Pro Days. Pretty ridiculous really.

Weird story....
Woke up this morning to see my account was out 11,500 points. Now I had gone into GS the day before to do a trade in and at no moment did I use a reward certificate. I checked my inbox but I also didn’t receive an email to verify like it normally does. This was really weird. Clearly someone else had used my account and redeemed my points. So I headed over to the GS I visited the day before and explained my situation. The advisor that was there agreed that this was very weird and jumped on the phone with customer service to help retrieve my “lost points.” After a long wait on hold with customer service my situation was finally resolved but I wasn’t given any info on who or how the points were used. They just returned them and apologized profusely. I also had to change my sign in information. Cool points back!
When I got home after work today I checked my inbox like I regularly do and I came across an email for the points that were redeemed and saw it was for a Google play card.

Now my detective brain went to work lol.

The young lady that rang me up took a whole lot longer than it normally takes to do a trade in (normally 5-10 mins for me) but I thought nothing of it until I saw this email.

Is it possible that reason she took so long was because she was taking my info or something?
No one else has access to my account. Also the email came in at 1:19am although it didn’t show up in my inbox until the next day at around 8 pm.

TL;DR
Someone stole points from my account and I believe it was one of the advisors that works at my local gamestop. What should I do? I don’t feel safe going to this store anymore due to what happened. And if the advisor did take it how can I make sure they are reprimanded for what they did.

Thanks.
I had this exact same thing happen to me last year. I had a bunch of points saved up and then one day they were gone for a couple google play cards. I thought it was weird because I never use them for anything but the money off coupons. I contacted Gamestop and they did the same for me as they did for you in refunding me the points and also changing my information. Never figured out who actually cashed them out.

Holy shit, this is a joke right? I got a ton of points and even with these pre-owned coupons, their prices suck except unless it's combined with some other sale/promo.

There have been rumors of someone that can generate any reward cert at any time but I doubt that has anything to do with the google play thing

The only Amazon cards they had at the store i went to today was the $25 card and then the card where you can put in a custom value. I used a $10 and $15 certificate and got a $25 card. Went through fine.
Going to try this tomorrow and get denied. Hopefully they’ll be something else to use the certs on. My stores are already pulling the amazon cards here in tx

Going to try this tomorrow and get denied. Hopefully they’ll be something else to use the certs on. My stores are already pulling the amazon cards here in tx
that may explain why I didn't find any at a store I was at today but they had everything else out there

Similar thing happened to me when buying a clearance item a number of months ago, the cert was subtracting from the retail price. Not much the associate could do about it, but they could override to subtract $10. I kept cert to use another day.

On twitter there’s guys who sell reward certs daily for a big discount they tell you to use the certs ASAP they will refund you if they do not work, they hack the system of any store that gives points as a currency, gamestop Kohl’s cash Sephora etc.

A worker didn’t steal your points you got hacked

There have been rumors of someone that can generate any reward cert at any time but I doubt that has anything to do with the google play thing
Just came back from reddit after seeing this and it seems this is the case.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/csko74/powerup_points_keep_disappearing/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

Someone even claimed it’s happened to them 3x in one week!

Gamestop needs to address this bs immediately

On twitter there’s guys who sell reward certs daily for a big discount they tell you to use the certs ASAP they will refund you if they do not work, they hack the system of any store that gives points as a currency, gamestop Kohl’s cash Sephora etc.

A worker didn’t steal your points you got hacked
I know I just read about it. Didn’t know there was a black market for PUR points etc. Thanks for the info!

I'm looking forward to Gamestop closing stores and consolidating inventory. Reason is the stores they close will surely be in the more rural, less-traffic urban areas. I would always see inventory in those far away stores and wonder just how great it would be if that stock movwd over to the city.

Still bad for Gamestop, and those customers, but good for their business.
Nope. They are going to close urban/suburban stores that are extremely close together after all the acquisitions over the years. It is insane how tightly clustered they are.

TL;DR

Thanks.
It was probably not the associate. I mean, that kind of thing is so easy to trace and for what? $10? NO, this happens a lot to people. Its why I was so scared of having a ton of points. It is hackers doing it..whether they target certain accounts, or do it from the inside no one knows. But from what I've read GS is good about refunding the points.

It was probably not the associate. I mean, that kind of thing is so easy to trace and for what? $10? NO, this happens a lot to people. Its why I was so scared of having a ton of points. It is hackers doing it..whether they target certain accounts, or do it from the inside no one knows. But from what I've read GS is good about refunding the points.
I feel bad for thinking the associate had anything to do with it after I did some reading on the situation😔

Thankfully I didn’t go into GS saying any of that and avoided making a fool of myself😅

That's why when they do go under, I'll feel bad for the people who lose their jobs, but otherwise won't give two shots about a company whose business model is trying to rip off customers as much as possible

For someone who is looking for a new headset with all the coupons they are offering right now is there one that’s far better the the others? I know nothing about headsets these days thanks

It should work on cheaper consoles like the PS Classic too
Not only that. It works on the Namco mini arcades and Commodore 64 mini. Also, strangely enough, I did a search for consoles on the website, noticed the Office Space sticky note man Pop figure qualified for some reason, and went to town on 50 great cheap games from the website. Capital!

im confused, we are buying a console (or whatever qualifies) to get the $9.99 games for 50% off, a week after a month long 3 for $15 deal ended?

At this point it's hard to tell one way or another. I just know it isn't just lazy password and phishing attempts. Some people get their accounts 'hacked' again less than a week after they change everything in them. Something is going on for sure and it'll end up being on Gamestop and not the fault of customers.

Also love the avatar, Gargano is my fav guy in NXT.
Thank You.

Johnny Wrestling all the way. He’s one of the few reasons why I still watch nXt.(Other reasons: Undisputed Era and Velveteen Dream)

I feel the same way after reading some posts about it on Reddit. This is alarming on so many levels. If the points in my account are being used without my consent, what else could be done without my consent?

You would think after receiving a bunch of calls and complaints regarding the same situation GS would be trying to do something to fix it. (Maybe they are trying to fix this and we just don’t know about it or maybe they could careless and don’t mind having you on hold FOREVER just to reimburse the points)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back