2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
if using cag16 online and choosing to pay in store, will you still get the discount? Really don't want to have to deal with CS if my credit gets eaten up and doesn't go through or whatever

I did a hold as well as a store pickup this morning. The hold took about 30 minutes for the Ready to Pickup email, but my store pickup took 2-3 hours.

In typical GS fashion, the verbiage is pretty vague. It says 20% towards the preorder, but doesn’t say how much credit has to be put down, if the whole bonus has to go towards the preorder, etc.
It's essentially the same language they've always had. The full payoff isn't a new system-wide thing. It's been pushed for a while by some DLs. I always get the 20% bump on the whole trade then I usually cancel my pre-order when I want to use the credit.

I don't know why people are suddenly freaking out.

ordered Mario Kart 8, Odyssey, and Smash for store pickup with CAG16....asked for the tax refunded in the store...no issue, redid the order with the coupons, and refunded the correct amount (was a little strange since he had to add some cost to the return since going back to credit would wipe the tax)...no issues and put $5 towards borderlands that i'll cancel later...no issues with extra credit or any of that...

Anyone else pick up Collection of Mana this week? How long does it typically take to get the $10 reward credit for picking up the pre-order? 

How long does it take to get the $10 in rewards credits typically? I preordered and picked up Collection of Mana yesterday, but I also made the preorder before the offer was official.

if using cag16 online and choosing to pay in store, will you still get the discount? Really don't want to have to deal with CS if my credit gets eaten up and doesn't go through or whatever
"Pay in store" is a hold request, not an order. So no, you don't get CAG16.

Are you all hammering the site trying to ball with your friends? Every other click is met with "request header too large" and five minutes of f5-ing.

Confirmed. Traded in the top three switch titles with 20% added from links awakening preorder, $5 down. Also purchased the top three with cag 16 applied. Picked up in store.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Anyone else pick up Collection of Mana this week? How long does it typically take to get the $10 reward credit for picking up the pre-order?
How long does it take to get the $10 in rewards credits typically? I preordered and picked up Collection of Mana yesterday, but I also made the preorder before the offer was official.
I did, picked mine up Tuesday and haven't gotten the reward yet.
Fine print says 7 days...

Let us know if they let you get the promo on the full value even though its worth more than the borderlands. It didn't used to be a problem, but maybe they caught on. I guess you could pre-order one premium edition for each system or something.
I just did a trade of Smash, MK8, NSMB and Odyssey and did a preorder towards Gears 5, paid it off because I'll be able to trade it back for full price and got the remainder back. Those 4 together trade in for $207 with elite pro and the 20% towards Gears. I also like to add the gpg just to keep them happy and get them to not look into my account. Got burned on buying a game online for instore pickup so I actually only made about 30 when buying them instore to flip.

Are the people buying MK8D, SMO, and SSBU even without a coupon doing it with Elite Pro?  Because I'm not sure how you're profiting with CAG16 as just a Pro Member.

For me, with store pickup and CAG16, those 3 games pre-owned comes to 132.18.  Trading those games in has a base of 99.44, using extra 20% promo and 10% from Pro is 30% total, so we'll just say 130 to make it easy.  Am I missing something?

Are the people buying MK8D, SMO, and SSBU even without a coupon doing it with Elite Pro? Because I'm not sure how you're profiting with CAG16 as just a Pro Member.

For me, with store pickup and CAG16, those 3 games pre-owned comes to 132.18. Trading those games in has a base of 99.44, using extra 20% promo and 10% from Pro is 30% total, so we'll just say 130 to make it easy. Am I missing something?
i'm on regular pro...paid $124.71 (no tax with TC, refunded in store)...traded in for $146.90 (only $141.90 to the card due to the $5 towards the preorder)

Are the people buying MK8D, SMO, and SSBU even without a coupon doing it with Elite Pro? Because I'm not sure how you're profiting with CAG16 as just a Pro Member.

For me, with store pickup and CAG16, those 3 games pre-owned comes to 132.18. Trading those games in has a base of 99.44, using extra 20% promo and 10% from Pro is 30% total, so we'll just say 130 to make it easy. Am I missing something?
B2G1 from PUR renewal, I would guess.

i'm on regular pro...paid $124.71 (no tax with TC, refunded in store)...traded in for $146.90 (only $141.90 to the card due to the $5 towards the preorder)
Sorry, still not following.

MK8D: 33.44

SMO: 30.80

SSBU: 35.20

Total: 99.44 (base)

How did you get to 146.90? 10% from Pro Membership and 20% extra from BL3/Gears/Link's Awakening would only be +30%, which should be about 130.

[attachment=32681:5BC8D432-F969-4590-AC4B-BEA26D7A5A84.jpeg]

attached receipt (sorry it's sideways...stupid phone)

Sorry, still not following.

MK8D: 33.44

SMO: 30.80

SSBU: 35.20

Total: 99.44 (base)

How did you get to 146.90? 10% from Pro Membership and 20% extra from BL3/Gears/Link's Awakening would only be +30%, which should be about 130.
You're looking at the cash values.

Just did the trade but my pickup was only half filled. The store didn’t actually have a new Mario kart. Going to go back and add NSMBU since I need to do 2 transactions anyway

Just did the trade but my pickup was only half filled. The store didn’t actually have a new Mario kart. Going to go back and add NSMBU since I need to do 2 transactions anyway

attachicon.gif
5BC8D432-F969-4590-AC4B-BEA26D7A5A84.jpeg

attached receipt (sorry it's sideways...stupid phone)

You're looking at the cash values.
Thanks for posting the receipt and yeah, I totally was looking at cash values. I partially blame the GS website redesign but that's still one.

Thank you both!

It's essentially the same language they've always had. The full payoff isn't a new system-wide thing. It's been pushed for a while by some DLs. I always get the 20% bump on the whole trade then I usually cancel my pre-order when I want to use the credit.

I don't know why people are suddenly freaking out.
No one is freaking out. I just asked, since the guy was going in to do it anyway, to report back if there was any hitch.

Thanks for posting the receipt and yeah, I totally was looking at cash values. I partially blame the GS website redesign but that's still one.

Thank you both!
Its really totally the websites fault. When you look at your list of saved trades it says "Trade credit value" but then actually shows you the Cash value for Pros. You have to actually click on each game to see the correct trade credit value.

I don't believe it's official policy, but the employees at my closest stores get squirrelly when you don't put the full amount down when using the trade boosts. I usually just pick up the games and return them a couple weeks later at a different store and have no problems.

It's easier if you don't cancel the preorder in the same trip.
Went back a couple hours later and was lucky enough to find a different employee working. Just asked to cancel all those preorders for borderlands, nhl, and nba and he was like “oh noes” and responded with an “oh yeah” and he proceeded to cancel all preorders and put the credit on my power-up rewards card. He almost gave it to me cash lol

This is what's keeping me from messing with this too much. I don't trust the stores near me that suddenly have all these games in stock and usually are missing half the stuff when I go in there, and I don't want to deal with GS and their CS for days trying to get my TC back. I hope everyone else gets in on this though. It's a good little side deal.
That's my problem with basically all interactions with the website. Debated using TC for those $5 figures but decided against it. Looks like it was a good choice, as my order was broken up into 4 parts, only 2 of which have processed and shipped. Last time that happened my TC just magically disappeared and I never got it back.

They messed something up with the new site. I ordered ~10 figures from the $5 sale, and the amounts on the receipt show the full values. I think some items actually reflect a higher price than it was before the clearance.

If an in store pickup order is cancelled, does the trade credit go right back on the card?
They mailed me a gift card. I received an email that my order couldn't be fulfilled and forgot about it, then a week or so later I received an envelope from Grapevine with a gift card and no explanation of what it was for.

How are you guys/gals getting b2g1 free coupons? You dont get one for renewing an already active membership. You also cant use other people's coupons. Is everyone opening multiple new accounts?

$153.20 after putting $5 towards Zelda for Super Smash, Odyssey, and MK8. Gamestop trade promos have been great lately.

Any chance of a B2G1 for Labor Day weekend?

Around $52 each? Is that with Elite Pro? May trade in one of these and get Astral Chain tomorrow.
Smash is sitting at $40 for a base, MK8 is at 38 and Odyssey and New Mario Brothers Deluxe are at 35 base. Make sure to check the values before you head out tomorrow, as they can change at anybpoint

Like others, I was successful trading. Paid off BL3 Super Deluxe and put $107 back on a trade card. Nice deal!
What games did you trade in?

I have a b2g1 free coupon and i'm unsure of how to maximize it right now. I'm guessing 3 super smash brothers and trade all 3 in but i'm not sure they allow this or that it will work..

need help

Edit: Bought 3 smash with credit at one location (B2G1 Free sign up coupon), drove 2 miles and traded them all in for the 30% trade in bonus

I went to GS on my lunch break to confirm the switch trade in bonus, got my switch and dock to trade on and the trade in value decreased :|

I already had MK8 and Odyssey so just picked up Smash for $40 then preordered Gears in full. Probably gonna return it within the 48 hours to get the full refund.

Also can confirm Amazon still works with point redemptions as I got a $50 card as well

[attachment=32683:046B6A79-16EC-4B88-A440-2D77E2D93810.jpeg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back