2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the 30% bonus towards a pre-order goes for all games in a single trade-in transaction even past the pre-order amount? ($60). So the optimal strat is to just put $5 towards a pre-order and then put the rest on a trade in card?

So the 30% bonus towards a pre-order goes for all games in a single trade-in transaction even past the pre-order amount? ($60). So the optimal strat is to just put $5 towards a pre-order and then put the rest on a trade in card?
Yes. At least at my store, that works. Some have reported that their stores are trying to force them to pay off the preorder in full. Either way, the 30% bonus applies to the full transaction amount.

ordered Mario Kart 8, Odyssey, and Smash for store pickup with CAG16....asked for the tax refunded in the store...no issue, redid the order with the coupons, and refunded the correct amount (was a little strange since he had to add some cost to the return since going back to credit would wipe the tax)...no issues and put $5 towards borderlands that i'll cancel later...no issues with extra credit or any of that...
So how does that work? Do you just show them you paid with trade credit and ask for them to refund tax? Is that a YMMV situation?

gs did a great job with the new website design, it helps me find the items i want easier and the bigger pictures look great on my smartphone and tablet device. i can't view price drops anymore but it doesn't matter because it encourages me to go to my local store where i find even more good stuff.... great job, it'll definitely make me shop with them more...
Surely this is sarcasm. If not ... marketing?

Iqon994.jpg

gs did a great job with the new website design, it helps me find the items i want easier and the bigger pictures look great on my smartphone and tablet device. i can't view price drops anymore but it doesn't matter because it encourages me to go to my local store where i find even more good stuff.... great job, it'll definitely make me shop with them more...
Shit, gsdave is back...

i also went ham on this sale, i picked up a huge stack of games just like you did... i did get the gpg with each game though, it gives me peace of mind in case i accidentally scratch the discs that gs will have my back and swap it out for another disc so that i can continue to game on! i would encourage everyone to add on a gpg to their purchase.
Receipts?

[attachment=32685:Capture.JPG]

Who would've guessed...

i also went ham on this sale, i picked up a huge stack of games just like you did... i did get the gpg with each game though, it gives me peace of mind in case i accidentally scratch the discs that gs will have my back and swap it out for another disc so that i can continue to game on! i would encourage everyone to add on a gpg to their purchase.
Get him, boys

This bitch of a manager refused to sell me gta f because I look under 18 (I’m 19) and didn’t brin Mf my I’d so I gave her my email to hold it till I came ba Co with my drivers license and she humbled me in front of whole store and told everyone in there my email address

What should I do?

This bitch of a manager refused to sell me gta f because I look under 18 (I’m 19) and didn’t brin Mf my I’d so I gave her my email to hold it till I came ba Co with my drivers license and she humbled me in front of whole store and told everyone in there my email address
What should I do?
Call customer service. It's fine she wanted to card you, but the rest is bad on her part.

how many of you have a prestige store nearby? do you prefer shopping with them over your regular gs stores? do you take part in the prestige day deals and find them useful?
Prestige stores are very important to me. If the sales representatives aren’t making their quotas for their stats by harassing every customer to the max, then I’m not interested in shopping there. Full court press, offer everything, slip in some disc refurbs, pressure for survey. 100% necessary for wonderful experience at GameStop prestige.

Like for real though, if a store isn’t prestige, you know it will be dope AF going in there. You’ll just walk in, find a game, buy it, the employee will say have a nice day, and you leave thinking “damn, that was pleasant.”

Go into a prestige... “what kind of games do you like to play”? “What would you like to preorder?” “Want disc protection?” “Your pro membership expires in 11 months, would you like to renew it?” “Will you fill out this survey and let them know how great I did asking you all this?”

Like, gamers are antisocial mother flauntas. Want a positive review? Let me buy my shit and leave. 100%

honestly i just consider that good customer service and building relationships with customers. i tried going into best buy and was overwhelmed by all of the game choices and no employee was there to help. gs helps the customer with these decisions, there's so many games and systems out there now that it's a full time job just to know what to play. i'm glad my local prestige store goes above and beyond to help their customers find the right games for them...
Yes, some dingus’s need their hand held. I’m glad you get the special assistance you need as an uneducated buyer. So overwhelming...

I however, think it’s harassment.

in that case i would just stick with gamestop.com. you can go into store for trade ins and spend the credit on their website. plus it's easier to find popular titles on the site with the new redesign so i would definitely check it out if you still want the great gs deals...
Lol, this troll missed. Your others have been great. This one missed the mark.

Oh a GameStop abettor oh I mean shill.
The GameStop new design is making me want to shop at target for all my games.
I agree the best service I get is from none prestige stores.

sorry if i offended you. you said that you were uncomfortable because of having to talk to employees in store and since you are very active on this gs thread i assume you still want to shop with them so i pointed them to their website so you can spend your credit there and get the same great deals as your local store.... and the redesign makes the site easier to use and find popular product there. if that post misses the mark i am sorry but i tried to explain it better to you.
How is it easier to use? Every forum in here discusses how difficult and horrible it is to use.

i have no clue who that is. i just registered for this site because im looking for some deals and am also sharing some cool deals and information i've found too. so that's evidence that i'm not him.
if you had any other problems then pm me the store and employee name.
This is how we know you're gsdave. You gave yourself up by telling someone to pm you the store and employee's name. Not to mention, your inability to capitalize. This is embarrassing, dude, you don't get paid enough to whore yourself out like this.

the site is redesigned in a way to help customers find the most popular products faster and easier... also since so much of the site traffic comes from smartphones and tablet devices the website uses bigger pictures to make it easier to browse on those... and i understand there were some problems with the site such as the inventory not working at first but that's all been fixed.
Why would an online shopper care about most popular? An online shopper shops for something specific, not random based on gs recommendation.

Want to know what’s on sale? Too bad. Hidden. Here, buy this $49.99 used game. Lol, no thanks.

the site is redesigned in a way to help customers find the most popular products faster and easier... also since so much of the site traffic comes from smartphones and tablet devices the website uses bigger pictures to make it easier to browse on those... and i understand there were some problems with the site such as the inventory not working at first but that's all been fixed.
How’s that easier. it keeps resetting your preference every time you click an item. also the find in store is much harder coz you have to check every store instead of showing what store has it. new website is a joke, trade in search is also bad.

I'm so confused. Is this dude actually a GS shill/mole or is this just the worst trolling I've ever seen? I don't get what he gets out of it.

Lol I missed the return of dave!  

Will try and head out tomorrow to try my luck on the Switch goodies in store.  I've had a B2G1 burning a hole in my pocket and I see no reason not to use it on this.  Will probably get 2 smash and a mk 8, flip the smashes and keep the MK to play with my kiddo.

I'm so confused. Is this dude actually a GS shill/mole or is this just the worst trolling I've ever seen? I don't get what he gets out of it.
If he’s like 18 years old, sitting with his buddy at a pc in a college dorm smoking a doobie, it might be hillarious. We will never know.

Ok I'm confused about the order I did for these $5 figures the other day. I have half my orders, the other half are still processing. As far as I can tell, I haven't been charged any money yet. Not only that but the totals on the packing slips are indeed full price as was reported before...turning a $25 purchase into like $130. I'm not sure what is going on but the majority of the items I received are beat to hell and seem like they were previously opened, played with, thrown back in the box, and resealed, making me want to return them all. Confused as to how that would work with them all showing full price.

Quick question: how often does GS run cash same as credit a year? Twice? Every 3 months? My ass is both too cheap to spend that much credit on mediocre games and too lazy to sell second hand myself.

(aside: after reading some of these recent posts, realize I picked a username here that may have an easier time getting banned!)

Ok I'm confused about the order I did for these $5 figures the other day. I have half my orders, the other half are still processing. As far as I can tell, I haven't been charged any money yet. Not only that but the totals on the packing slips are indeed full price as was reported before...turning a $25 purchase into like $130. I'm not sure what is going on but the majority of the items I received are beat to hell and seem like they were previously opened, played with, thrown back in the box, and resealed, making me want to return them all. Confused as to how that would work with them all showing full price.
So I have not received my figure order yet and I cant check on it status because the website does not show any of my orders. Last I checked, 2-3 days after the purchase everything was either still processing or checking inventory.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Why did you have to point those out? All you're doing is showing them how to make it harder for us to identify them next time.
He doesn't care, it's part of the game (no pun intended). He's a former user who got banned here a long time ago and has very significant mental issues. There is an excellent video of him online though.

question - is the new switch worth upgrading to? I know I missed the 225 credit and now it’s at 200 credit. Is it worth pay the 100 for the upgraded one? Or are they gonna have another promo for more towards the new switch? Also can you use certs on consoles? Sorry for all the questions just not sure if I should wait and hope for the best or do it now.

Soo are they not giving B2G1 coupons anymore with new accounts? I signed up for a new membership over a week ago and haven't got a coupon in my active offers yet.

As always, take it for what you will with GS customer support line, but I called about the missing figures and receipt prices not being accurate to the sale etc etc. They assured me that they are holding the charges to cards until either all the items ship or they cancel the ones that are not. They also said the receipt prices do not reflect the sale and my card will be charged the correct amount. Hope that helps those like me with figures in limbo and orders removed from the website.

I know this gets answered literally all the time, but how many copies of a title can you trade at once? 3 or 4?
4 within rolling 30 day period, 1 title per platform per transaction otherwise GS associate may get suspicious of you, but system will allow it. Probably best to only trade in single title for single platform at a time. Multiple accessories shouldn't matter, but have the same 4 item limit.

question - is the new switch worth upgrading to? I know I missed the 225 credit and now it’s at 200 credit. Is it worth pay the 100 for the upgraded one? Or are they gonna have another promo for more towards the new switch? Also can you use certs on consoles? Sorry for all the questions just not sure if I should wait and hope for the best or do it now.
Let me check the gamestop farmer's almanac real quick.

Hilarious. But at least they wrote you a nice note! My favorite order experience was a “new” copy of Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero Ultimate Edition for Switch that came unwrapped, with the game cart rattling around the big box; apparently they couldn’t find the game case but couldn’t be bothered to create a generic one. And not even a note explaining that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back