2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, tried placing an online order and I got "transaction declined" despite using different payment methods. I've never seen that error before.

Dumb question Friday: How do we or are we still able to cash out our GS credit for Microsoft Store physical items like routers and hard drives?

What are ways we can get the b2g1 coupon if we're already a pro member and/or does anyone have a coupon for trade?

Seriously? Stupid GameStop. This was an online order.

9DmPTWT.jpg
Had something like that happen with the Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash I got at a store a few months ago. Back when it was first marked down to $19.99 new. No stores in the area had a new copy except for one. Get it and as he's ringing it, points out that while it had everything, the physical game case was destroyed(game disc was in a paper sleeve). Said that that was the way it came from the warehouse.

If it wasn't for the fact that it was the only copy in the area and I was using trade credit, I would've passed on it, but I wanted to try it.

Although for you, might want to see if any stores in your area have a copy to swap out for. Might be out of luck, as the new copies are being clearanced out, as new is $14.97 while used is $19.99. Seems like used copies got price hiked as I remember them being $14.99 a month ago.

Just want to confirm that I can use my GameStop credit on Steam & Nintendo Eshop cards before I drive over to the store this weekend. I cannot use my card online despite it having a positive balance. Also, my reward points were stolen and redeemed for a PSN card a few weeks ago. Kind of just want to cash out at this point and never go back to GameStop.

Surprised Peach Beach Splash was destroyed if you mean the one with all the extras. That one had a decently sturdy box compared to other games in the series.

Surprised Peach Beach Splash was destroyed if you mean the one with all the extras. That one had a decently sturdy box compared to other games in the series.
Yep, that was the one. The box containing the game and extras wasn't destroyed. It was just the PS4 case that holds the game disc that was destroyed. Which was the weird thing about it. The box everything came in was fine.

Ok I'm confused about the order I did for these $5 figures the other day. I have half my orders, the other half are still processing. As far as I can tell, I haven't been charged any money yet. Not only that but the totals on the packing slips are indeed full price as was reported before...turning a $25 purchase into like $130. I'm not sure what is going on but the majority of the items I received are beat to hell and seem like they were previously opened, played with, thrown back in the box, and resealed, making me want to return them all. Confused as to how that would work with them all showing full price.

So I have not received my figure order yet and I cant check on it status because the website does not show any of my orders. Last I checked, 2-3 days after the purchase everything was either still processing or checking inventory.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Well, I for one will be watching my cc statements closely, as the disappearing orders online, the partial shipment, and the incorrect totals showing on the packing slip all has me concerned this will become a problem. Not to mention the fact I was at a store yesterday, went to pickup another fornite figure and the mini metal koh figure pack and they rang up normal/higher clearance price, instead of $5 like the day before.

ordered Mario Kart 8, Odyssey, and Smash for store pickup with CAG16....asked for the tax refunded in the store...no issue, redid the order with the coupons, and refunded the correct amount (was a little strange since he had to add some cost to the return since going back to credit would wipe the tax)...no issues and put $5 towards borderlands that i'll cancel later...no issues with extra credit or any of that...
Does anyone know what's the accepted way to get this done? Is it expected that in-store employees should be able to refund your tax, or is that just something that employees at his store were nice enough to do for him and is a YMMV situation?

TIA

If I do store pickup and pay in store, will that avoid paying tax with trade credit? Just trying to avoid paying tax online.

So the survey system is broken?
Btw it looks like many of my local stores lost their prestige status this week, it's a tough time for GS
https://youtu.be/ngd7TsOqSHo
Fanta does make a good point in the video. He says that he has worked for GS for roughly 4-5 years and has only seen one person win of one those gift cards from doing those surveys.

Honestly, has anyone here on CAG scored one of those 1 of 25 $100 gift cards by doing those receipt surveys within the year?

With all the toxicity and flippers in this thread I expect that the average CAG on here only cares enough to do the survey when they have something negative to say, which is why some of those stores are no longer prestige status this quarter.

Fanta does make a good point in the video. He says that he has worked for GS for roughly 4-5 years and has only seen one person win of one those gift cards from doing those surveys.

Honestly, has anyone here on CAG scored one of those 1 of 25 $100 gift cards by doing those receipt surveys within the year?

With all the toxicity and flippers in this thread I expect that the average CAG on here only cares enough to do the survey when they have something negative to say, which is why some of those stores are no longer prestige status this quarter.
I read elsewhere that the survey entry is limited to one entry per IP per week. So if you go through and do them all at once you supposedly only get one entry.

That said, I mainly do the surveys in the hopes of getting/keeping Prestige stores in my area. I'm only one person but I have a decent number of transactions and would like to keep the extra bonuses on Prestige days to use. I'm also upfront with most of the reps (I worked at a Gamestop affiliate long ago) and the reps treat me well since we're helping each other out. I still think the survey's are stupid though.

I had two online pick-up at store orders cancelled this morning. Only the one I did yesterday was successful. I guess the store stock is way off on the website still.

Yeah, still getting "transaction declined" when I try placing an online order via the website or app.

Never won a gift card from that however I did win a unique Groudon 3DS from the "Pokemon Megastop" sweepstakes a ways back. So at least it isn't all fake.

Yeah, still getting "transaction declined" when I try placing an online order via the website or app.
yeah, strange...worked for me yesterday afternoon, but def not working now...maybe it's a CAG16 issue? but i don't want to try without lol (or trade credit issue)

sucks though...oh well, guess i'm not buying 3 switch games again...

what is the process when picking up a prepaid order at Gamestop? The person at the register didn't seem to know what she was doing. At first she tried to ring up the games individually and scanning a barcode on the sheet of paper with the order, but it didn't work. So she calls another store and talks to someone there. She ended up doing nothing at the register and just handed me the games and said have a nice day. Sound right?

what is the process when picking up a prepaid order at Gamestop? The person at the register didn't seem to know what she was doing. At first she tried to ring up the games individually and scanning a barcode on the sheet of paper with the order, but it didn't work. So she calls another store and talks to someone there. She ended up doing nothing at the register and just handed me the games and said have a nice day. Sound right?
The store I just did it at had everything in a bag ready for me, matched my ID to the order and sent me on my way

If anyone is looking for a 3rd game for 3 for $25/22.50/20, CoD Infinite Warfare. Legacy Edition (XB1) is $14.99 and has a $6 base. $8.40 with Elite and power trade.

Also, when I was in store, there was a POS sign that said NBA 2K20 has the 48 hour guarantee too

Anyone know if they still give B2G1 when signing up for pro anymore? Been well over the normal 48 hours and it's not showing up in my account.

Anyone know if they still give B2G1 when signing up for pro anymore? Been well over the normal 48 hours and it's not showing up in my account.
I know probably not helpful, but I did get a B2G1 when I upgraded to Pro in July. Of course, that was before the new site rollout and potentially new Pro program went nationwide, but FYI.

I'm in Louisiana, btw.

They got a deal going on with Collection of Mana.

At the top is says "Preorder Today and get up to $10 Rewards Cash"

But in the fine print below it says "Purchase  by 09-01-19". Nothing about preordering.

Does anyone think this is Preorder and the pickup/purchase by 09-01, or could someone go in there tonight and purchase before 09-01 and get the $10 rewards cash?

For the first time ever, I have not received my points for yesterday's transactions all between 4 and 6pm EST or so. I should have at least 92000 over 8 transactions of all types - gift card purchases, trade ins, used game purchases, collectible purchases, etc. I am elite pro and not in a test or beta market. This is not an unusual amount of transactions or points for me in a single day at all. Every other time I have gotten my points by early morning the next day, but all day today, zippo. Holding my breath.

For the first time ever, I have not received my points for yesterday's transactions all between 4 and 6pm EST or so. I should have at least 92000 over 8 transactions of all types - gift card purchases, trade ins, used game purchases, collectible purchases, etc. I am elite pro and not in a test or beta market. This is not an unusual amount of transactions or points for me in a single day at all. Every other time I have gotten my points by early morning the next day, but all day today, zippo. Holding my breath.
Sounds like you should just take a breath and just wait a couple more days. It is not uncommon for points to show up later than the next morning... or are you just "humble" bragging about your transactions? Either way, if you are concerned, calling customer service would probably be a lot more helpful.

Hey guys,

Quick question... does anyone know how many days you have to return a Pre-Owned game purchased off Gamestop's website to a local store for a refund?

I believe it's 30 days, but just want to clarify.

thanks!

Hey guys,

Quick question... does anyone know how many days you have to return a Pre-Owned game purchased off Gamestop's website to a local store for a refund?

I believe it's 30 days, but just want to clarify.

thanks!
7 days after delivery. Some uninformed staff will say 7 days from order date, and they would be wrong.

Sounds like you should just take a breath and just wait a couple more days. It is not uncommon for points to show up later than the next morning... or are you just "humble" bragging about your transactions? Either way, if you are concerned, calling customer service would probably be a lot more helpful.
No, I'm just contributing to the "things seem to be off with gamestop in general lately (or are they?)" conversation and providing context. Based on what I read from others who actively flip and take advantage of loopholes, I know those numbers are nothing special. Never in 4 (?) years have I not had points show up the next morning, so for me that is super odd.

Another interesting item from the Gamestop discord. Apparently those who were elite pro and were switched with the new test program only got 15K points refunded and a year of regular Pro. Get ready to get screwed when this rolls out nationwide.
Eww. My Elite Pro is supposed to be good till 2021. That's rediculous that they only give a year of the new version. And 15k points? That doesn't get you a whole lot...... My sister and I were planning on not shopping at GS after we pick up all our preordered games (They're all fully paid for), but this would definitely seal the deal I think.

Eww. My Elite Pro is supposed to be good till 2021. That's rediculous that they only give a year of the new version. And 15k points? That doesn't get you a whole lot...... My sister and I were planning on not shopping at GS after we pick up all our preordered games (They're all fully paid for), but this would definitely seal the deal I think.
It seems likely that it would be a year of pro and 15,000 points, for each year of your elite membership left. Which, since thats basically what your elite membership costs, you aren't out anything. I will be sad that elite is gone, and I will probably buy less, but if they essentially refund what I paid for elite, there's nothing to be mad about. To go a step further, I wouldn't worry about anything some unknown dweeb says in an internet chat about a rumor about beta program.

I do every survey, mostly as a thank you for putting up with my shit every visit, but also to train the employees to make things easier for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back