2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I bought myself a used Switch bundle for $220 via Facebook marketplace that included Zelda and Odyssey. We already have a copy of Odyssey so I traded that in and used my B2G1 free coupon on Smash, MK8, and NSMB which we all already have copies of ended up with $192.40. I preordered the Zelda remake to get the 30% boost.

Does anybody know if you add $5 to an existing preorder of the select boost titles whether it adds the boost as it has in the past, or is it only new preorder? TIA

Tried ordering 3 Switch games for in store pick up and got a email saying 2 of them was cancelled and the other one was ready for pick up literally 1 minute before close. Looks like I will be on the phone all day tomorrow trying to get my trade credit back as I can’t even see my orders either.

Like for real though, if a store isn’t prestige, you know it will be dope AF going in there. You’ll just walk in, find a game, buy it, the employee will say have a nice day, and you leave thinking “damn, that was pleasant.”

Go into a prestige... “what kind of games do you like to play”? “What would you like to preorder?” “Want disc protection?” “Your pro membership expires in 11 months, would you like to renew it?” “Will you fill out this survey and let them know how great I did asking you all this?”

Like, gamers are antisocial mother flauntas. Want a positive review? Let me buy my shit and leave. 100%
I went into a prestige location for the first time and I witnessed this first hand. There was a young woman at the checkout who was vaguely attractive, like maybe a 6/10. She strong armed a 35ish year old man in front of me into a protection plan for his controller. He said no twice. After she said, "are you sure?" for the second time he caved. I was impressed.

I bought Dragon's Dogma for the switch and I only had to say no to the protection once. I guess I have a no bs look or a how the hell would you even damage a switch cartridge look. Also, I said no to pre ordering Luigi's Mansion and every other switch game that is coming out in 2019 or 2020. Yeah, I don't think I'm going back to that store.

Tried ordering 3 Switch games for in store pick up and got a email saying 2 of them was cancelled and the other one was ready for pick up literally 1 minute before close. Looks like I will be on the phone all day tomorrow trying to get my trade credit back as I can’t even see my orders either.
You were able to make an online order? Damn, I'm still getting the "transaction declined" message anytime I try to make any order with any payment method. Tried app, mobile, and on my laptop (cleared cookies, etc.). I wonder what's wrong.

You were able to make an online order? Damn, I'm still getting the "transaction declined" message anytime I try to make any order with any payment method. Tried app, mobile, and on my laptop (cleared cookies, etc.). I wonder what's wrong.
What's the size of your order? I sometimes can't order over a threshold for a few days with trade credit, maybe over $75 won't go through or something around that number.

I did another round of Super Smash, Odyssey, and MK8 today. $113 after placing order online with cag16 and think geek rewards. Quick $40 flip. Surprised the values held. Also just got points for Thursday.

Wait, gsdave is IATCG? That would explain a lot.
Put me at 98% certainty. The new account didn't have time to slip up, but IATCG will always revert to certain parameters eventually, regardless of which character he plays.

I have only a SOMEWHAT unhealthy appetite for analyzing dialogue. :)

And I find that guy so incredibly interesting, albeit sad.

Of course I did a second round trading in some games only to see the Labor Day sale right after it ordered. I want to cancel my order by naturally it isn’t showing up online.

What's the size of your order? I sometimes can't order over a threshold for a few days with trade credit, maybe over $75 won't go through or something around that number.
Oh really? Didn't realize that. Tried pre-ordering the Pokemon Switch Lite edition since my local store wouldn't take an pre-order for it, so I kept getting blocked. I wonder how many days I'll be blocked. I guess I could call in, but gotta find time to sit for an hour and deal with CS.

Does anybody know if you add $5 to an existing preorder of the select boost titles whether it adds the boost as it has in the past, or is it only new preorder? TIA
Would like to know as well since I didn't even think to try this the other day. So now I have 4 Link's Awakening pre-orders. I can probably just sell them at or close to cost day of release, so it's fine, but still.

Also received my points late last night. So not bad, maybe 18 hours later than normal.

Also, also. One of my transactions for the other day didn't get put on my power up rewards number although I entered it on the pad. GS Employee may have forgotten to push it through? Anyway, I just got off the phone with them and it took about 35 minutes to get back 30357 points. Which they applied twice. They showed up immediately in the app, but I had to log out and back in to see them online.

I just want to shout out everyone who quoted "76051" for posterity. I'm catching up on this thread during a layover and that shit had me rolling.

Regarding regular vs. Prestige stores, I haven't personally experienced pushier treatment at the latter, which is nice. I can definitely see how it would happen though. In my neck of the woods, things just get more junior detective-ish if the GS is in the hood or "hood-adjacent," but I haven't run into any major issues to date.

Yeah I was having problems to at first but after the 5th try it went through on the app. GS website is a complete and utter dumpster fire at the moment.

Anyone else having issues with unauthorized Powerup Rewards points being redeemed. It just happened to me twice
At least 10 people in this thread have had this problem with hackers stealing points and it's seems more rampant since the new website started.

Does anyone else's store associates call them out on their flips and trade-ins whenever you go? I always go to this one since it's on my way to and from work and whenever I trade something in whether it happens to be a boomerang/flip or just a big personal trade, they make comments saying so why you trading all these games in and I always have to make some stupid excuse which they never like anyways and make comments about it when my transaction is done and no one else is in the store.

Does anyone else's store associates call them out on their flips and trade-ins whenever you go? I always go to this one since it's on my way to and from work and whenever I trade something in whether it happens to be a boomerang/flip or just a big personal trade, they make comments saying so why you trading all these games in and I always have to make some stupid excuse which they never like anyways and make comments about it when my transaction is done and no one else is in the store.
Bitter employees. Don’t go there anymore.

No. Mine at my store help me out they told me about the game's at five below and took my 4 xbox 360 wireless controllers i bought at goodwill. (Fun fact they go for 13 dollar's. I have no clue why)

So if you get a gamestop rewards redemption reversed and points refunded, can you still use the coupon in your active offer, or does it not work when rung up? It expires 12/31 so not sure if its going to disappear in a few days or whatnot. Seems like the cheapass thing to do. 

CS is actually unable to reverse the redemption. All they can do is give you the points back. So technically the coupon is still good. It's entirely up to your moral code re Gamestop.
Oh ok. I redeemed it originally to buy an online only console bundle, but clearly that didn't work out too well. Maybe if something perks my interest on Black Friday that doesn't sell out :)

mine for august is good til september 14 

maybe you need to update your app...i thought i didnt get one either but my app was old 

You're not alone, I have the same problem with the one by my apartment. You can't win with their logic.

Sounds like the guys from the GS discord. "Someone wanted to buy a cheap handheld system to get % off preowned games, but I was like NOPE! Not in MY store!"
Why do they take their job so seriously?

They are paid peanuts and literally talk and think about work related things off the clock...

Why do they take their job so seriously?
They are paid peanuts and literally talk and think about work related things off the clock...
They signed up for what they thought would be a nerdy video game shop job, and realized they signed up for a corporate job with stringent stressful quotas requiring them to harass customers or get fired, and they get paid, as you say, peanuts.

Bitterness, anger, resentment... junior detective.

My elite pro expires end of September. If I renew now does it convert to pro? And if I should wait, do I lose my current points or does it stay?

Sounds like the guys from the GS discord. "Someone wanted to buy a cheap handheld system to get % off preowned games, but I was like NOPE! Not in MY store!"
Holy shit I need to get on there, that is fucking GOLD (and accurate)

My elite pro expires end of September. If I renew now does it convert to pro? And if I should wait, do I lose my current points or does it stay?
You won't lose your points if you don't convert to Pro right away (become a Free member) after your Elite lapses

Here's an idea for all the investors pumping millions back into GameStop:

Get them to fucking fix their website:

1. Have their system be able to filter out in-stock/out-of-stock

2. Be able to have variations (ain't no one wasting time on gacha get-one-at-random bullshit

3. Promptly kill the person who thought modeling GameStop's "Load More" button after Twitter / Patreon's web design was a good idea. Hell, at least Twitter has auto page-loading. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back