2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used my TC on 2 orders (4 switch games).

One shipped and one in-store pick up.

All games came with original case.

Good promo.

Also, You can apply $1 to your pre order and trade games in and still get the bonus trade in credit.

Lol got two brand new sealed copies of bloodstained for the switch instead of pre-owned. Tho all my big Nintendo switch games that I was going to use for flips were cancelled :(.

Why do I even bother anymore? 3 out of 3 orders I made last night all got cancelled. 2 were pickup in store (paid online), and 1 was for the new pokemon hidden fates which are now showing as not available online. fuck GameStop. 

Got the four Switch games I ordered with TC (Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Tropical Freeze, and Yoshi) with the plan to trade back and none of them came in original cases. It just further solidifies why I don't bother buying preowned games online.

Got the four Switch games I ordered with TC (Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Tropical Freeze, and Yoshi) with the plan to trade back and none of them came in original cases. It just further solidifies why I don't bother buying preowned games online.
MK8, Mario odyssey, Pokemon lets go pikachu, and Super smash all came with cases here.

Just go to store and request for a used case if you didnt get lucky.

I never bothered creating an account because of the horror stories I keep reading about Gamestop so I just used guest checkout and got my games yesterday. No problems. Easy peasy.

Ordered and received 2 Yoshi and 2 Smash.  3 of 4 came with original cases.  I ordered 2 because I forgot to use CAG16 so I ordered again with the code and can just return the duplicate.  Also works out just in case I didn't receive a case for one order, but did for the other.

Employee about shit a brick tonight when they saw the $56 I was getting for smash Bros. At first they were basically making fun of me for trading it right after new DLC was announced then saw that value and lost their mind. Another employee came over an was like are you sure you're not ring the game up as pre owned and after he looked at the screen was also amazed. Fun stuff

I don't get it. What's the benefit of only committing $5 and having the rest in trade credit? So you can get the 20% bump on multiple trade-ins?

Edit: Curious as I just bought Odyssey for $20 and looking to apply it toward Links Awakening.
I saw someone else answered you already, but also for me I don't actually want Borderlands, so I just pre-ordered it for the bonus, and then before it comes out I will either cancel the pre-order or move the credit to another game I do want.

I'm really shock by how many people actually ordered stuff during the Labor Day sale for instore pick up. Extremely risky move. Especially with TC.

All my orders came in today, most switch/vita games came without cases -_- luckily I had extras, and the games I never owned came complete :). JC4 gold was a display copy, codes worked.

It's incredible TIV are still holding up. Might do one more flip and test out the PS classic promo in store.
I only did in-store pickup with trade credit once I verified they had the games and would set them aside for me until the order went through.

i guess i got lucky, got my 3 switch games and 1 ps4 game, all complete. even the final fantasy x/x2 switch remaster had a working code for x2 (which i had no idea was not included on the card when i bought it)

It was mentioned once a couple days ago, but do we know for sure NBA 2k20 is "Guaranteed To Love It" eligible?

It was mentioned once a couple days ago, but do we know for sure NBA 2k20 is "Guaranteed To Love It" eligible?
Yes it's eligible for the "Play With No Risk/Guaranteed To Love It" 48 hour return.

9TH07Pj.png

anyone else getting a problem purchasing saying "credit card billing information you entered does not match" when doing purchases on the app? The website is still borked for me and using the app worked 2 times earlier in the week. 

Yes it's eligible for the "Play With No Risk/Guaranteed To Love It" 48 hour return.

9TH07Pj.png
Thank you. Where did you find this? I was looking all over the app and website and could not locate it. Couple this with smash ultimate holding its value, and the other half of my labor day games arriving today, this has turned into a great week for boomerangs.

Thank you. Where did you find this? I was looking all over the app and website and could not locate it. Couple this with smash ultimate holding its value, and the other half of my labor day games arriving today, this has turned into a great week for boomerangs.
I think all of these offers have only come through emails, nothing on the site or app. Maybe something in-store.

anyone else getting a problem purchasing saying "credit card billing information you entered does not match" when doing purchases on the app? The website is still borked for me and using the app worked 2 times earlier in the week.
You didn't move did you? I believe I had to go through and change my billing information within the app, whereas I originally thought that just updating my billing info with the credit card company would take care of that.

This Camelot guy is insufferable (though what else is new about YouTube personalities).  Also, I hate to break it to this guy, but when companies are in dire straits like this, lots of people, *particularly* senior people, getting laid off with no notice is not uncommon.  Was he expecting a company bleeding cash like a stuck pig to offer all those RL/DLs and corporate staffers six month severance packages?  It doesn't work like that, as much as it would be nice if it did.  I can't speak for his trustworthiness, but he screams sour grapes with a southern accent.  Also, watching his "Why I left" video, I tend to think he's completely not being completely forthcoming.  He just gave up his keys and resigned instead of making them fire him, thus removing them of any liability?  

I think all of these offers have only come through emails, nothing on the site or app. Maybe something in-store.
It is indeed from an email they sent me, at the end of it to be exact. The subject line is "You're the star in NBA 2K20, time to become a legend." I thought I saw it on the website for a brief moment, when I looked again it had disappeared.

Well, just got my order from Labor Day. This has actually been one of my better GameStop experiences. All of the PS4 games I got used (Bloodstained, Blood & Truth and  Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception) all came with their original cases. It was a risk opting for used versions of the first two since they were the same price as the new versions but I wanted to take advantage of the additional BOGO 50% off.

Mask of Deception even came with the Launch Day edition box and art book, and they even threw in a waifu pillow case (lol, which I think is from sequel's collector's edition or something).

Of course the 3DS game I ordered (Stella Glow) did not come with the original case, but I can't remember the last time I ordered a 3DS game from them that did.

Still kicking myself for not getting in on a collector's edition new 3ds XL, but I'm way passed my budget as is.

Surprisingly, I've never been trade banned. I assume that for trade bans, the ban will go into effect the next business day after the actions that triggered it? Like, I trade in 4 copies of Singstar today and it still processes, and then the ban goes into effect tomorrow? Does a trade ban prevent you from using credit that is tied/on your PUR card?

Got a email for gears 5, for a online pre-order I cancelled a few months ago. It's the buy back guarantee, tho in the T&C it says valid for only NBA 2k20...

Would purchasing NBA 2k20 and trading in on for full value on Elite and putting $5 for another preorder trigger the bonus 20% on that??? That would be crazy.

This Camelot guy is insufferable (though what else is new about YouTube personalities). Also, I hate to break it to this guy, but when companies are in dire straits like this, lots of people, *particularly* senior people, getting laid off with no notice is not uncommon. Was he expecting a company bleeding cash like a stuck pig to offer all those RL/DLs and corporate staffers six month severance packages? It doesn't work like that, as much as it would be nice if it did. I can't speak for his trustworthiness, but he screams sour grapes with a southern accent. Also, watching his "Why I left" video, I tend to think he's completely not being completely forthcoming. He just gave up his keys and resigned instead of making them fire him, thus removing them of any liability?
I agree... his videos were tolerable at first but man... all he does is complain about gamestop and walmart... i wonder what he'll do after he runs out of ideas.... get another retail job, work there for a month and start making more videos

Does anyone else always feel guilty when you trade in a bunch of top tier games like all the mario switch games and smash, zelda, etc. and get a high trade in credit put $5 towards a preorder and walk out with hundreds of trade in credit? I feel like the associate involve snoops into my account after I leave the store, specially if its a long time employee or manager..

Does anyone else always feel guilty when you trade in a bunch of top tier games like all the mario switch games and smash, zelda, etc. and get a high trade in credit put $5 towards a preorder and walk out with hundreds of trade in credit? I feel like the associate involve snoops into my account after I leave the store, specially if its a long time employee or manager..
I do all my big trades at my local store, and they're cool with it. Tho I do most of my real pre-orders there also.

Considering how often pur points are stolen, I'd be hesitant to have my pur card linked to any tc balance.
I hear you, you're not supposed to have your TC on the PUR card. I'm asking about how a trade ban goes into effect and how it affects the TC tied to your PUR for a specific reason as I'm going to trigger the ban. I just don't want to bore people with the whole backstory.

Surprisingly, I've never been trade banned. I assume that for trade bans, the ban will go into effect the next business day after the actions that triggered it? Like, I trade in 4 copies of Singstar today and it still processes, and then the ban goes into effect tomorrow? Does a trade ban prevent you from using credit that is tied/on your PUR card?
4 copies is fine. 5 gets you banned.

I think it depends on how you get banned. If it is an auto-ban, like if you trade 5 copies of the same game, yes probably the next business day. If you were reported to LP by a JD for doing something dumb, like doing your boomerangs in the same store minutes apart... who knows.

I made an online preowned game order for store pickup and cant pickup yet. Since they hold for 7 days, will the 7 day return policy start after pickup or order date? I want to say pickup but was wondering if anyone had this happen to them yet.

Man, I really thought gamestops quality control was getting better but my recent order is probably the most fucked one ive ever got. I'm really angry at myself for trying to get some higher priced games instead of just filling out my mid tier xbox1/PS4 collection.

2 copies of Fire Emblem radiant dawb. One has the deepest scratches I've ever seen in a disc. The other one is an absolute botch job by the warehouse resurfacer. No case for either.

2 copies of Naruto ultimate ninja storm legacy. Neither came with the steelbook or bonus disc. Both copies have a roached disc that's scratched heavily on artwork side.

2 Mario kart double dash that won't load at all (roached resurfacing jobs), 1 cracked copy of skullmonkeys, 1 corroded contra 3 for snes and 1 corroded copy of super double dragon for snes.

I've gotten fakes from them before but this is the first time I actually got corroded boards. These look like they have been sitting in swamp water for the last 20 years.

This Camelot guy is insufferable (though what else is new about YouTube personalities). Also, I hate to break it to this guy, but when companies are in dire straits like this, lots of people, *particularly* senior people, getting laid off with no notice is not uncommon. Was he expecting a company bleeding cash like a stuck pig to offer all those RL/DLs and corporate staffers six month severance packages? It doesn't work like that, as much as it would be nice if it did. I can't speak for his trustworthiness, but he screams sour grapes with a southern accent. Also, watching his "Why I left" video, I tend to think he's completely not being completely forthcoming. He just gave up his keys and resigned instead of making them fire him, thus removing them of any liability?
Thank you. I guess I'm just bitter after wasting 20 minutes listening to that other guy explain "how to ripoff GameStop" only to talk about how his idiot coworker smuggled a bunch of Maddens out of the store, which was really just grand theft.

GameStop actually did offer pretty substantial severance packages to the DLs/RLs, I think if things were that bad they would've gotten a lot less. I just think suggesting GameStop wants to close 2k-3k stores when shit isn't even hitting the fan yet is ridiculous. ToysRUs was 5 billion in the hole when they filed for bankruptcy, and they only planned on closing 25% of their stores. He just knows that people won't have the attention span to remember this prediction next year, or he'll be off doing something else. I also don't believe he wouldn't talk about upcoming firings because he didn't trust a source yet. He'd take any opportunity to spew more bullshit.

4 copies is fine. 5 gets you banned.

I think it depends on how you get banned. If it is an auto-ban, like if you trade 5 copies of the same game, yes probably the next business day. If you were reported to LP by a JD for doing something dumb, like doing your boomerangs in the same store minutes apart... who knows.
Thanks, I was going to be hitting the autoban.

I was able to check if this was posted already since Gamestop is closing in 30 minutes central time but that buy a $5 bag get 25% off collectibles is ending tonight per manager. He got an email from corporate. Also this discount also works on the gears 5 drone. Lol. Since it is sold separately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Someone said its possible that Gears may be in the 2 day return window to get full credit back. Can anyone confirm this?

I was able to check if this was posted already since Gamestop is closing in 30 minutes central time but that buy a $5 bag get 25% off collectibles is ending tonight per manager. He got an email from corporate. Also this discount also works on the gears 5 drone. Lol. Since it is sold separately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It looks like the 25% off $100+ collectibles deal is already dead on the website. I wonder why they pulled it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back