2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
gsdave/GMRmag can you tell Gamestop to add the sort price drops and find high value trades feature back on the website? Thx

i'm not gsdave but i can tell you that everything on the new site is designed as intended. the glitches from the first week were all fixed, but everything on there right now is working as intended. you should check out the "deals" tab if you're trying to save some money.
Sorting prices by price drops was the best way to save money at GS.com and now that's gone. Whoever intended that wasn't thinking clearly.

it's not a "made up" rule. the store doesn't like having to do it, but some customers do take advantage of promotions and deals and the store does have the ability to write notes in your account and later review them with a sl or dm. if you use the promotions as intended i guarantee this won't happen. same thing as trading in stolen goods. just because a store refuses to do business with you after that doesn't mean they're making a rule up, it's a hard decision to tell a customer that they're not longer wanted or to refuse service but it does unfortunately happen.
2 employees were mad that I canceled my 2k20 preorder. I guess it didnt matter that I picked up.a $500 preorder in the same transaction. I could have just taken it and traded it back in for full credit. I didnt just didn't feel like going through the charade. You'd think it would be better for Gamestop to have the new copy instead of giving me the same amount back to only have a used copy

i'm not gsdave but i can tell you that everything on the new site is designed as intended. the glitches from the first week were all fixed, but everything on there right now is working as intended. you should check out the "deals" tab if you're trying to save some money.
Why did you put deals in quotation? Are you implying they are not deals?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So forcing people to hit a load more button to see a measly 12 more items, ultimately resulting in a "see less, sell less, make less money" approach is intended?

well go shop at walmart if you don't like it. oh wait, they dont take in used games anymore. neither does best buy. neither does target. remember when toys r us and fye did trade ins? and remember ebgames, babbaes, funcoland, etc. gamestop outlasted them all. they all tried to cut into gs market and none of them were able to.
Best Buy still takes in trades.

i'll be honest the new site is designed in a way to target a specific audience that gs is trying to reach. i can't say much more than that. they're always willing to listen to customer feedback and i would email them with your complaints if it bugs you that much. but everything on the site is intentionally designed and if they got rid of a feature there's a reason why. there's a few features that i won't mention they got rid of and it was done purposely. you may not be their target audience but you can still find good deals on the site.
Oh, you mean common morons who are distracted by large colorful pictures and explosions? Yeah, we are all aware of what your companies goal with the redesign was for. But by alienating people who shopped regularly at your website before, and haven't spent a dime since the redesign, myself included, simply because they might have focused on saving money with their purchases, in hopes of increasing profits by targeting said morons, you might realize a little too late, that when the bundles of cash don't appear, and when you try to go crawling back to the regulars who propped your failing business up, that they've moved on already.

Same goes for when you inevitably replace the 10% off for the stupid $5 certs nationwide, and realize that people aren't as stupid as you clearly think they are.

Enjoy your job, while you still have it.

Also, the website is NOT anywhere close to fixed. Mentioned a bit ago that I ordered two copies of a game for $20 each, but the packing slip shows $15 each... Welp I went to return them because they were both 'new' and was told there's nothing they can do despite having proof of my total on the app, website, email, and my bank account. Was hit again with the line that they can only use the packing slips and nothing else because 'hackers' are supposedly creating fake websites and apps and emailing receipts to themselves from them. Asked the dude if he was really claiming that someone with that much programming knowledge would actually be trying to scam them for $10, and he just shrugged and said he can't help. I'm pretty sure that has to be illegal or something.

Gamestop didn't outlast babbages. It was created by babbages.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Is collection of mana for switch limited? Many stores in my area had stock and now only one store has stock
There were supposedly 75k printed for all US retailers. Source of this info was one of the Best Buy purchasing people, he wouldn’t have a reason to lie about it but I don’t know how he would know about the total of all retailers orders.

Also, the website is NOT anywhere close to fixed. Mentioned a bit ago that I ordered two copies of a game for $20 each, but the packing slip shows $15 each... Welp I went to return them because they were both 'new' and was told there's nothing they can do despite having proof of my total on the app, website, email, and my bank account. Was hit again with the line that they can only use the packing slips and nothing else because 'hackers' are supposedly creating fake websites and apps and emailing receipts to themselves from them. Asked the dude if he was really claiming that someone with that much programming knowledge would actually be trying to scam them for $10, and he just shrugged and said he can't help. I'm pretty sure that has to be illegal or something.
Did you try another store? It sounds like you had to deal with an ignorant employee.

there is one new advantage to the new redesign but its one we shouldnt mention because i believe it was a legitimate oversight and will be fixed if this thread does what it normally does and doesnt shut up about it.

but yeah other than that its tile-based big picture, no functionality crap.

Since they are refusing to refund the correct amount I would file a chargeback with your credit card company.

Did you try another store? It sounds like you had to deal with an ignorant employee.
I will when I get a chance this weekend and see what happens. The dude who told me all that has also told me they don't take returns on new, unopened products past 7 days before so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Since they are refusing to refund the correct amount I would file a chargeback with your credit card company.
I was thinking about doing that but I'm not sure how that process works. Like I return the games and then get $10 taken off the bill or something? Honestly never had to use it before.

I will when I get a chance this weekend and see what happens. The dude who told me all that has also told me they don't take returns on new, unopened products past 7 days before so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I was thinking about doing that but I'm not sure how that process works. Like I return the games and then get $10 taken off the bill or something? Honestly never had to use it before.
I would just call your credit card company and tell them that you the items you ordered were not what you expected "not new". And then tell them that you tried to return them but the return invoice is fraudulent and not the price of your actual payment preventing you from getting a full refund.

Even better. You’ll get to keep the games and get a full refund.

Questionable design decisions aside, I still can't use trade credit or a gift card to buy digital content on the new site or on the app. Has anyone had any luck with that? I hate going into my local stores at this point (feels like none of them have employees that want to be there any more, and pretty much all of my interactions with them have been awful this year), especially for something that I should be able to buy and download at home in the first place. It feels incredibly stupid that I have to go out of my way to drive to a store just to get a code printed on a receipt.

It doesn't help that just about everything physical is cheaper elsewhere, hence I have no real desire to use my trade credit on that. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the site was so broken that I couldn't order that with credit online, too.

They give you your money back if you win the chargeback claim. I had to file a chargeback with Gamestop about 2 years ago. Ordered Albert Odyssey for Saturn. After a month, it never arrived. Tracking hadn't been updated in 2 weeks. I emailed support and was told that my order had been delivered 2 years before I ordered it (no joke). Started the chargeback process and got it refunded. The game then arrived about a month later.

Someone posted on Reddit or Twitter that you have to be at least a pro member to use the retro gaming or participate is n any of the card/board/D&D activity nights at these revamped stores. I don’t kniw if that was posted or mentioned here yet.

Whelp, I was supposed to receive 3 switch games today but wake up to this notification on my tracking.

"Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage."

SMH I was really looking forward to these games after a stressful week and I wake up to this shit. Called them and the call only took 20 mins surprisingly, hope to get them soon.

Someone posted on Reddit or Twitter that you have to be at least a pro member to use the retro gaming or participate is n any of the card/board/D&D activity nights at these revamped stores. I don’t kniw if that was posted or mentioned here yet.
I've heard the same thing and I think it's a great idea that they require you have the membership otherwise they'd just have people posted up playing games all day for free and spending no money like most tabletop gaming shops.

I don't see myself using these features, but would check out the retro gaming set-up if one of the stores by me is revamped this way.

I've heard the same thing and I think it's a great idea that they require you have the membership otherwise they'd just have people posted up playing games all day for free and spending no money like most tabletop gaming shops.

I don't see myself using these features, but would check out the retro gaming set-up if one of the stores by me is revamped this way.
I wouldn’t mind dabbling back into a little Dungeons and Dragons if any of my local stores offered it a night during the week.

I wouldn’t mind dabbling back into a little Dungeons and Dragons if any of my local stores offered it a night during the week.
When my local store did have table top tournaments, they were on Saturdays. For obvious reasons, GS doesn't want a bunch of people in the store at night.

Questionable design decisions aside, I still can't use trade credit or a gift card to buy digital content on the new site or on the app. Has anyone had any luck with that? I hate going into my local stores at this point (feels like none of them have employees that want to be there any more, and pretty much all of my interactions with them have been awful this year), especially for something that I should be able to buy and download at home in the first place. It feels incredibly stupid that I have to go out of my way to drive to a store just to get a code printed on a receipt.

It doesn't help that just about everything physical is cheaper elsewhere, hence I have no real desire to use my trade credit on that. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the site was so broken that I couldn't order that with credit online, too.
I'm also having the same issue and error message of transaction cancelled or cannot be processed even though I got the trade credit gift card directly from a GameStop store location. I even confirmed it was valid via the same website yet I can't buy any digital content?! 2019 folks...

Was hit again with the line that they can only use the packing slips and nothing else because 'hackers' are supposedly creating fake websites and apps and emailing receipts to themselves from them. Asked the dude if he was really claiming that someone with that much programming knowledge would actually be trying to scam them for $10, and he just shrugged and said he can't help. I'm pretty sure that has to be illegal or something.
LOL it would be much easier to just print a fake packing slip. I returned something to a store and got lectured for not doing a web in store, "if you pay in store we can see how you paid" even though the return process is exactly the same for them.

No word on Pro day deals?
The next amazing Pro Day spectacular is officially September 20-22. You could bookmark this page and obsessively check it every day until we announce our next controlled explosion of devastatingly awesome deals, or you could simply become a Pro member and receive notification well in advance of the next event.

So... did Gamestop stop giving points for trade ins? I traded in a bunch of switch games and didn't get any points for it...
Was it yesterday? I'm missing mine too, but I also made a purchase, so it's probably just a glitch. Usually get them within 48 hours

The next amazing Pro Day spectacular is officially September 20-22. You could bookmark this page and obsessively check it every day until we announce our next controlled explosion of devastatingly awesome deals, or you could simply become a Pro member and receive notification well in advance of the next event.
futurama_fry.jpg

So... did Gamestop stop giving points for trade ins? I traded in a bunch of switch games and didn't get any points for it...
Depends on your state and/or whether your area was part of the pilot program/beta test for the new PUR program details recently. CA has not had points for a while, but CT still does, for example. Not sure of anything in between.

No word on Pro day deals?
Seems like from my basic searching on the last few 2019 pro days that they typically come out about 5 to 6 hours from now. But also sometimes the day or night before. I haven't scoured twitter or anything like that, though.

So I was able to trade back my copy of Borderlands 3. The manager okayed the price override. I actually ended up coming out ahead because I put $5 down on Link’s Awakening which changed the trade value to $70 instead of $59.99. So they gave me $5 for free and got the full amount back that I paid. Guess it was worth the hassle.

https://ibb.co/dmj1g8z

Not bad. Traded my day 1 switch and an old iphone 8 for no out of pocket cost for the better battery model. I didn't really have any plans to mod it anytime soon. I actually spent more than the additional 50 it would have been for the anker powercore I got at best buy a few months ago so it was a no brainer. Still have a nice chunk of credit left over too.

P.S. It kept throwing errors on the image upload, sorry.

https://ibb.co/dmj1g8z

Not bad. Traded my day 1 switch and an old iphone 8 for no out of pocket cost for the better battery model. I didn't really have any plans to mod it anytime soon. I actually spent more than the additional 50 it would have been for the anker powercore I got at best buy a few months ago so it was a no brainer. Still have a nice chunk of credit left over too.

P.S. It kept throwing errors on the image upload, sorry.
Did you notice if your old Switch got any kind of bump over the base $175 they have listed on the app?

Did you notice if your old Switch got any kind of bump over the base $175 they have listed on the app?
I wanted to ask you this too. The last system trade promo GS offered $225 for One X, PS4 Pro or a switch.. if I can get $225 or $250 for year one switch, I'd definitely upgraded to new switch with better battery life

There are two listings on the app for Nintendo Switch system with grey joycon, $175 and $200. I might save the $200 offer in the app and ask for the full credit

Thanks for posting this. My store had it, it was in my active offers, and the $15 came off the $29.97 price! 15 bucks for the bundle is a great deal!
I picked one up the other day. It is worth it just for the extra long USB-C cable and the USB-C car charger. The controller seems decent enough, too.

Does gamestop take in third party headset adapters for Xbox one controller? I have a turtle beach one but the website only shows the official Microsoft one at 16.50 tic for pro

Does gamestop take in third party headset adapters for Xbox one controller? I have a turtle beach one but the website only shows the official Microsoft one at 16.50 tic for pro
When they took my Turtle Beach adapter I got the full value of the official one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back