2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone get Zelda dreamer edition at 9pm? I'm curious if it's a bundle or just a separate book. I'm hoping for a big box but ya know.

My gs isn't doing a 9pm.

Edit: looks like euro version which had more stuff wasn't even a pack in but a separate bundle. Lame.

Anyone get Zelda dreamer edition at 9pm? I'm curious if it's a bundle or just a separate book. I'm hoping for a big box but ya know.

My gs isn't doing a 9pm.

Edit: looks like euro version which had more stuff wasn't even a pack in but a separate bundle. Lame.
There's an unboxing on Nintendo's Instagram and I assume their YouTube account.

Is there any actual chance that Link's Awakening gets the $59.99 trade back promo? Keep seeing speculation about this. 

Additionally, are all the 20% trade in towards a preorder deals dead? Trying to trade in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, guess I should take the $38 and not deal with the preorder hassle?

Could have sworn the last $5 per game bonus stacked with trade-in % towards a pre-order. Naturally I don't have my receipts. I'm not looking at the guaranteed to love it Zelda 59.99 deal, just the trade in 20%.
The only promo that ever stacks with any other promo is the prestige day 10% bonus promo.

Is there any actual chance that Link's Awakening gets the $59.99 trade back promo? Keep seeing speculation about this.

Additionally, are all the 20% trade in towards a preorder deals dead? Trying to trade in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, guess I should take the $38 and not deal with the preorder hassle?
It was already confirmed that it would be. I even saw advertisement for it yesterday when I was at my local store.

Well damn looks like all the preowned prices dropped as well. Have fun guys :) Although I expect values will drop by 8am or whenever it is, I think the flips will still be good.

It looks like the pre-owned prices dropping as well makes it unavailable for any other offer, so no 4 for $20. A little bit of a bummer, but still better than the new prices.

So, the new site limits you to 3 items in your cart at a time for in-store pickup, but it also limits you to 1 hold order at a store at a time???

I just submitted 3-item hold requests to 2 different stores, and when I tried to submit another one to either of those stores, I get a "Hold not submitted. Try again later." message. That sucks.

It looks like the pre-owned prices dropping as well makes it unavailable for any other offer, so no 4 for $20. A little bit of a bummer, but still better than the new prices.
Unless the prices ring up in store as a "promo", the 4 for $20 deal should work. The system would recognize the sale price as a price drop and combine with the deal. We'll just have to see tomorrow.

Gamestop Pro Day: great deals on games you'd actually want, never in stock where you want them
This is so, so true. And if you do luck out and find a "new" game actually in stock for shipping you will 90% of the time be sent an opened display copy from the store.

Hmm scroll down on it and Switch is $229.99 used with starlink it isn't the worst deal on a system I already own 2 had 5 though. Yes I have a problem.

The flips are real profit is okay.

So calculating my profit should make $30 per two GameStop's is it worth the time though

However, won't the console be most likely the inferior version with the smaller battery capacity?
Probably they removed it online....

Is anyone else having issues with the site not loading anything?

https://ibb.co/VjcTyRn

145 results, and only a broken "load more" button.  Other times it "works" but with a few blank spaces between items.

I'm using Chrome and my ad blockers are off.  I do wonder if it also has to do with being logged in, I just tried looking in Firefox and everything seems fine.

Even if the site was functioning it still is a pain, I was thinking of some amiibos, but most of them are not available online(what a helpful filter "ships within 24 hours" was) and most "pickup at store" are not in stock(or at least within 100 miles assuming that isn't broken as well).

Would love to pick up Wreckfest for about $20 used, but not available to buy online, and no local stores have it yet. Something about the title just screams sub-$20, but kinda interested to playing it sooner than later.

Is there any way to use those $10 gamestop cash from preordering Collection of Mana on the website? I can't figure out how.
There may be a code if you look under your active offers on gamestop.com, not the app. You can try entering it at checkout for promo code. It still may not actually work online and may be for in-store use only.

Omni99 was right, pre-owned prices of the ProDay games have also dropped.

$9.99 games new are $7.19 pre-owned with Elite PUR. 4 for $20 should work, but waiting for confirmation.

Need Help with Age Verification Mistake

I added Yakuza to my cart, and accidentally clicked that I was under 18, so it removed the item.    I'm over 18, How do I get it back.  I tried just adding it again, so I can answer correctly, but it just automatically removes the item.

I added Yakuza to my cart, and accidentally clicked that I was under 18, so it removed the item. I'm over 18, How do I get it back. I tried just adding it again, so I can answer correctly, but it just automatically removes the item.
Maybe try clearing your Gamestop cookies?

Omni99 was right, pre-owned prices of the ProDay games have also dropped.
$9.99 games new are $7.19 pre-owned with Elite PUR. 4 for $20 should work, but waiting for confirmation.
If this works it would be great if someone made a list. Going when I get off work later.

The online prices don't seem to be updated. Mario/rabbids is showing 24.99 still on the site and app, but the ad shows as 19.99?

I added Yakuza to my cart, and accidentally clicked that I was under 18, so it removed the item. I'm over 18, How do I get it back. I tried just adding it again, so I can answer correctly, but it just automatically removes the item.
I accidentally did this with a game once. I believe if you log out then log back in and retry that it will work. Pretty sure that’s how I got by it.

Not sure if they forgot to update the TIVs for LBP and HZD because all of the other $9.99 games from the ProDay ad have dropped in value to $2 base TIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back