2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So haven't been to my local gamestop in a month. I do remember it going prestige status a couple days after I went.

Walk in and it's full of figures and other crap. The PS3/360 section looks to be mostly gone, pushed to the corner and no more cheap ps3 bin. Almost no good used games, seems pretty bare.

Might try another one, but never see any used ps3/ps4 accessories anymore, couple years ago it would be full of stuff. Now I hardly see anything useful, only cables/stands. My B2G1 expires in couple of days, so will go to multiple ones.

Just went to a GS that's a bit farther out of my area, and I swear I must've stumbled into Narnia at some point.

The pre-owned PS4 games selection there was amazing, and most importantly, complete.

Kind of nuts.

Wish the GS in my immediate area were like that store. T___T
From my experience, remote GameStop locations have way better stock. It makes sense; if a GS is the only one in town (and maybe the only game store period), all the local trade-ins will be funneled into that store. On the flip side, if there are 20 GameStops in a 15-mile radius, everybody's gonna have scraps for sale.

This is a silver lining to the downsizing - there will be fewer stores which coast on disc-only copies of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! and Wii Play.

Hmmmmmm... That seems right. Hopefully they aren't selling my used copy as new. I did register it on my Switch.
That was a mistake by the employee, a common one at that.

I can confirm that the $59.99 TIV puts the item into their used inventory. I traded mine in, and they accidentally did the same (gave me tax back) until I pointed it out. They fixed it, though.

Anyone know if a trade in deal is upcoming soon? Have several games in the $5-12 range right now that I'd like to dump but would hate to miss out on a easy bonus. Ah the fomo effect.

Edit..we due for another extra 50% in Cali soon? 😁

Also kind of a weird question but can GS staff order specific Funko Pops in store for pickup at the store? Trying to avoid that $6 shipping cost on a $12 Funko.

OOF. I'll be more careful next time.

That was a mistake by the employee, a common one at that.

I can confirm that the $59.99 TIV puts the item into their used inventory. I traded mine in, and they accidentally did the same (gave me tax back) until I pointed it out. They fixed it, though.

I'm waiting on a good trade in deal for the PS4 Pro but the max lately has been $250. I just hope that the eventual PS5 trade in bonus gives me a better TIV.

Let's not.

What payment methods are available for PS Direct?

• PS Direct accepts MasterCard, Visa & Discover
Thanks for pointing that out. I assumed (which I should never do) that you could use a Sony gift card on your PS Account to buy things from Sony direct.

Has anyone been able to find a pre-owned copy of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening? I need the 6 digit SKU number on the price sticker. I'm interested in purchasing a pre-owned copy, but their website doesn't have the stock listed. However, if I had the SKU for it, I might be able to look up the inventory. Thanks in advance!

Here is the 4/20 list for all systems

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vcSFBWIq6RBK8nJzWLega74Q3n8n4es_tEDcJbs_vJM/edit#gid=0

Anyone interested in restarting Blackbeard's spreadsheets? I have one decent way of doing it using a method but I figure it is one of the more difficult methods and someone might have a better one.
I've seen 2 people post spreadsheets, then never update them again. If you can get them going regularly (even just current-gen) I'd gladly make a donation.

Has anyone been able to find a pre-owned copy of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening? I need the 6 digit SKU number on the price sticker. I'm interested in purchasing a pre-owned copy, but their website doesn't have the stock listed. However, if I had the SKU for it, I might be able to look up the inventory. Thanks in advance!

I'm waiting on a good trade in deal for the PS4 Pro but the max lately has been $250. I just hope that the eventual PS5 trade in bonus gives me a better TIV.
I suspect console trade-in values will be reduced for the latest hardware releases similar to how they were done for the Switch VS SwitchLite hardware promotion.

Classic GameStop email, an item you were looking at just had a price drop, get it before it sells out. I follow the link and item is still full price, no price drop

Does anyone know if Ghost Recon also qualifies for the Guaranteed to Love it promo? It's got the 20% pre-order bonus and $10 gift cash with order, but I deleted most of my GS emails and don't see any previous mention in this thread.

It's been $15 for a little while now. I got $21 for it when the $5 bonus happened for Pro Day weekend.

Edit: Unless the value got tanked and is just rebounding now.
It was $12 this week. Only reason I know was that I added it to my list when I found the Xbox version for $8.98 at Tarjay. Haven't even played the PS4 version that I got new for $9.99 back in the day.

20% boost active for BL3, Links awake, and NHL 20.
1st party switch games are back to $30 base or more.
Does anyone have the mwt link?
Well aware of those, I have several games that are bumped that I would like to trade but only with another boost, no interest in the current 20% ones...

Edit: And no interest in doing any funny business, returning later, only putting $5 down, etc.

So there aren't any 20% bonus trade ins for games that are still in pre-order, right? They are all (NHL, Link, etc) currently out?

Feels weird to try to get the bonus and then not get the game in the same transaction.

This is perfect timing to convert Final Fantasy XII on switch to digital since it is on sale at the eShop for $29.99. 

So there aren't any 20% bonus trade ins for games that are still in pre-order, right? They are all (NHL, Link, etc) currently out?

Feels weird to try to get the bonus and then not get the game in the same transaction.
I don't know if it was removed, but preordering Ghost Recon: Breakpoint might still give the 20% bonus.

Front page and weekly ad both show Ghost Recon as getting the 20% bonus; it's just not listed as a promo on the trade-in page.

Glad I held off on trading in MLB. Will put that and The Last of Us Remastered towards Ghost Recon to cover close to half the total and get the $10 back in rewards cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back