2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a question.  A semi faraway store got a oculus quest in stock and i am a bit interest into to use up my credit.  Now i am not 100% if i want to keep it.  Is it better off for me to buy it with credit and cash and IF i truly decide to keep it then i do a sealed return and rebuy and use my point for it.  

I got a question. A semi faraway store got a oculus quest in stock and i am a bit interest into to use up my credit. Now i am not 100% if i want to keep it. Is it better off for me to buy it with credit and cash and IF i truly decide to keep it then i do a sealed return and rebuy and use my point for it.
Just use your points and call customer service for refund of them if you return.

I got a question. A semi faraway store got a oculus quest in stock and i am a bit interest into to use up my credit. Now i am not 100% if i want to keep it. Is it better off for me to buy it with credit and cash and IF i truly decide to keep it then i do a sealed return and rebuy and use my point for it.
That's what I'd do.

Noticed the 20% bonus trade in towards xx new game is gone from the app/website trade deals. I know the COD MW reboot is supposed to qualify this week (it's in the ad), anyone know if there are other games?

Would prefer to actually reserve Jedi Order and get the 20% tc bonus..but I'm sure that's too far out for GS. 🙄

Noticed the 20% bonus trade in towards xx new game is gone from the app/website trade deals. I know the COD MW reboot is supposed to qualify this week (it's in the ad), anyone know if there are other games?

Would prefer to actually reserve Jedi Order and get the 20% tc bonus..but I'm sure that's too far out for GS.
You could always preorder MW then transfer that preorder to Jedi Fallen Order if it gets the bonus later, and you would still get the bonus on any trades in that hypothetical future transaction.

You could always preorder MW then transfer that preorder to Jedi Fallen Order if it gets the bonus later, and you would still get the bonus on any trades in that hypothetical future transaction.
Yeah I know. I have $10 on Ghost Recon (from two separate trades) that I need to move over and have another trade today that I wanted to do. Was hoping to get it on Jedi without extra hassle. 😁

I preordered it a while ago and they just charged my card, so I'm assuming it just hasn't rolled over to officially "in-stock" yet
Did your PD Totaku arrive? Still a pre-order on the site, and I refuse to pay $6 shipping on a $10 item! It can't be bundled since its a pre-order, which is probably why it's still a pre-order. Those bastards.

Unfortunately, this type of promotion does not stack with any other promos (aside from membership discount).
You never know so does anyone have a good way to grab all the prices on Gamestop my program is working but I cannot for the life of me generate preowned and new values using my program just the trade values.

Did your PD Totaku arrive? Still a pre-order on the site, and I refuse to pay $6 shipping on a $10 item! It can't be bundled since its a pre-order, which is probably why it's still a pre-order. Those bastards.
Nope, Awaiting product availability

So I need some help with the new spreadsheets.

I cannot seem to import new and preowned prices with my script to Excel any help would be nice. So below is the old format not my attempt and below that is my current attempt. Also due to the amount of times I search the sites for prices using my current script I can sadly only do 150ish at a time so I will only be putting in trade values for games I and the community deem may be flippable. I hope you can understand since spacing out my searching is a time consuming process.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W3Xn5drCMfj0fJGlPhK9Z2m-w455i-ijYf2hzsRxAPA/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ATa_WsyVOrRk7Qavzgsep3RIpfJ8j7rJKdReV-JVC1o/edit?usp=sharing

Switch values are working PS4 and Xbox One seem to have the damn to many requests error so I'll have to slow my roll.

If you need another Switch game that will be bumped added ask. The damn request error is pissing me off and the lack of preowned prices is also so if anyone can help with both much appreciated.

Yes, the 4 for $10 is active now in-stores only (for $4.99 or less titles)
Thanks for confirming this. I stopped by my GS after work and was able to pick up the following:

:360: LotR: War in the North

:xb1: Star Wars Battlefront

:360: Saints Row The Third

:ps4: Middle-Earth Shadow of War

Best part was both War in the North & Shadow of War were sealed (new converted to pre-owned)! Guess there aren't any LotR fans in my area. Anyways, I was stoked to get each game for $2.50.

Would love opinions on War in the North. I know it got mixed reviews, but I remember really enjoying the Return of the King movie tie-in game back in the day on PS2.

Ewww...Pro membership hurts the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off for online orders. 

I put two $4.99 games in my online cart.  Second game is $2.25 after discount for a total of $7.24 before tax/shipping/handling. 

Rather than 10% off $7.49 for a total of $6.74 before tax/shipping/handling.

The 8GB Wii U is $70. That's a damn good deal
Nothing to do with gamestop I just feel the need to brag.

I just grabbed a 32gb with 3 wii remotes and 9 games for $75 off of local facebook marketplace. 2 of the games were mariokarts for wii, mario party 9, super mario bros u, donkey kong country returns, and the rest were kind of shit.

Alright PS4 and Xbox One are working takes a bit of work to get it just right just need some help with the to many requests and the preowned and new prices and we will be done

I just figured out how to get both preowned and new prices so I only need help with the to many requests and we will be good.

Spreadsheets are almost done.

To good to be true cannot grab new prices.....

Got my $10 Ghost Recon cert this morning. Pre-ordered on 9/30, picked up Saturday afternoon, returned with G2L early Sunday afternoon. I'm Elite Pro and in CT if that has any influence.

Got my $10 Ghost Recon cert this morning. Pre-ordered on 9/30, picked up Saturday afternoon, returned with G2L early Sunday afternoon. I'm Elite Pro and in CT if that has any influence.
Thanks, mine showed up too. Pretty surprised as it looks like they processed my G2L trade as a return

Thanks, mine showed up too. Pretty surprised as it looks like they processed my G2L trade as a return
A lot of the employees have no idea about the G2L in my area. The SL at the store I go to the most says hardly anyone does it and the other employees I have had to partially walk through the concept. But I live in a much sleepier area of the state.

Did GS Employees get a new script of things they are required to ask customers or something? Went into my usual store and saw one of the usual employees to preorder Indivisible, and he hit me with a ton of weird ass questions like "Is there a particular reason you chose to pre-order this today", "Was there some sort of reason you chose to preorder specifically with us?" and "Are there any other small indie dev games you'd like to support?" and went on a mini sales pitch about like 2 other upcoming games.

Felt super forced and awkward, like someone under the counter was secretly holding him at gunpoint.

Of course the reward cert expires before CoD comes out. I was hoping to use it on that and then G2L to get another one and turn it in to TC

Alright PS4 and Xbox One are working takes a bit of work to get it just right just need some help with the to many requests and the preowned and new prices and we will be done

I just figured out how to get both preowned and new prices so I only need help with the to many requests and we will be good.
Spreadsheets are almost done.

To good to be true cannot grab new prices.....
Does the best buy trade sheet work? I looked at it briefly on mobile, and looked like tiv's were outdated

Please read the FAQ this is the new spreadsheets which currently need some work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ATa_WsyVOrRk7Qavzgsep3RIpfJ8j7rJKdReV-JVC1o/edit#gid=0

FAQ

I found incorrect values can I report them to you? Yes this is a early build so feedback is useful.

Why are preowned and new values are missing? The program works fine but I am running into a error when accessing Gamestop.com.

I am using your program and Gamestop.com blocked me why? Did you put the MS at below 2000 MS they will block you probably thinking your trying to DDOS them.

So if the website does not have the values the values will be missing? Correct

Is the program for windows? No Ubuntu and Linux users only.

Do you plan on porting it? No

How can I help? Telling me about games to add that may be flippable later. Telling me if errors occur. Telling me values have changed so I can run the program and update the sheets.

I am trusted member can I have the program to help you make a more complete sheet? You can but I need to find people to weed out the people that will ruin it.

Do you take donations? If I do the people running the program will have a equal chance of winning that month's donations.

Are you a programmer? No, I am accountant who likes to code so I will absent during tax time and the holidays.

I have suggestions can I contact you? Yes, understand I may not respond quickly.

Can I share the sheets? Yes, it is a free country but please think about helping out as well.

Why don't you add all items? Gamestop.com will think I am DDOS them and block me again so having other people with the program gather the rest of the data will help.

Someone posted this sheet on another site do you care? Depends on the site.

What program? I have made a program to gather preowned prices and trade in values from Gamestop

Does anyone by chance have any information on past years Prestige Day dates? I've found very little documented anywhere, mainly just a bunch of reddit threads asking if X date is a prestige day. And judging by those threads, there would've been something like 6 prestige days last year. I thought there were only 4 a year (one each quarter)?

Just trying to get an idea of about when we might expect one.

Working here. You still on the deals discord?
I haven't used Discord in a while not sure which discord your talking about. Strange not working on my side. If possible can I get a invite think that Frost something guy made the new one after grojaband or someone closed the old one.

The Witcher 3 does not have a rewards certificate, but it's a good way of converting your current rewards certificate into trade credit. It's worth it unless trade credit is taxed in your area. 

I wanna trade my switch in for $250 but I already got a Xbox One X

if I do it to buy that Xbox One X and then don't open that Xbox I can just return it to a different Gamestop, right I don't care if I get only trade credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back