2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone confirm the trade in bump is good in the store since the app still not showing the bump price?
Yes, I was able to trade in Link's Awakening for the $38 showing on the website (but only $33 on the app). Ended up getting around $45 with the 20% bump on a COD pre-order. Not bad at all. The register should be up to date with the higher price.

Does the xbox elite controller not have a trade in value?  It's saying it can't be found on the website.  Would be cool to be able to trade it in towards the new elite 2

Well, the Gears one is listed at $50. One would think it’s the same regardless. I traded in an extra black one I had a couple months ago and it was $60.
Here is a tip if you go to a items screen there is a numerical code near the end of the URL if you insert that value into the trade in value page it will show you the trade amount.

Example FIFA is 11094748

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=10122872

Add the number to the link to find the trade value.

So my brother has an Xbox One that he literally hasn’t touched in years: he’s willing to give it to me as a gift, but I’m wondering if it would be worth it to trade it in to GS along w/ a few other items to grab a brand new XB1X since they’re offering $175 in credit for it. I want to use the X as the main entertainment hub in my living room so my wife and in-laws can watch Blu-Rays and stream Netflix in high quality without taking up my PS4 Pro. Then again, I’m hoping for a good Black Friday deal so I don’t spend more than $200 out of pocket for the X. I’m also wary of a new, more powerful Xbox being released soon...thoughts?

I just placed an online order for in-store pickup - I paid with my trade credit and was charged for taxes even though I don't have to pay tax when using store credit - is there a simple way to get that tax back like asking the employee while picking up to refund it or would I have to call customer service? - thanks for any help

I just placed an online order for in-store pickup - I paid with my trade credit and was charged for taxes even though I don't have to pay tax when using store credit - is there a simple way to get that tax back like asking the employee while picking up to refund it or would I have to call customer service? - thanks for any help
Same situation for me. When I tried asking the in-store employee to refund, he said I needed to call CS. But, when I called them, the rep I spoke with said that the site was working as expected and tax should be charged on all website orders. FWIW, he did sound like he tried researching if there was a way to credit back the tax.

As with seemingly everything with GS, ymmv. You may get an employee that's more savvy and rings you up in a way to refund your tax, or you may have a better CS rep; but my experience has been that if you order online, you will pay tax.

Same situation for me. When I tried asking the in-store employee to refund, he said I needed to call CS. But, when I called them, the rep I spoke with said that the site was working as expected and tax should be charged on all website orders. FWIW, he did sound like he tried researching if there was a way to credit back the tax.

As with seemingly everything with GS, ymmv. You may get an employee that's more savvy and rings you up in a way to refund your tax, or you may have a better CS rep; but my experience has been that if you order online, you will pay tax.
Thanks for the quick reply - I just want it to be some simple way to do it - I used CAG16 to get the prices lower and I don't want him to try redoing the transaction or whatever and having that get screwed up

So my brother has an Xbox One that he literally hasn’t touched in years: he’s willing to give it to me as a gift, but I’m wondering if it would be worth it to trade it in to GS along w/ a few other items to grab a brand new XB1X since they’re offering $175 in credit for it. I want to use the X as the main entertainment hub in my living room so my wife and in-laws can watch Blu-Rays and stream Netflix in high quality without taking up my PS4 Pro. Then again, I’m hoping for a good Black Friday deal so I don’t spend more than $200 out of pocket for the X. I’m also wary of a new, more powerful Xbox being released soon...thoughts?
$175 credit is for the S model that already plays 4K on Netflix and has Ultra HD Blu-Ray support. There would be no reason to upgrade to an X.

Mine too. Really hate to see it go. :whistle2:(
Today for me. Might go buck wild and get banned because unless they match fingerprints I’m in a new state and getting a new drivers license soon and obviously a new home address.

At first I felt bad not being able to get to a store on vacation that August to stack years, but since they’ve cut sales way down, the easy $15 B2G1 is more valuable.

Has anyone traded today towards Death Stranding and gotten the 20% bonus? The email mentioned that the promo started 10/21, but the front page has been updated to remove Ghost Recon but now only shows COD getting the bonus. And the trade page has no mention of 20% bonus at all.

My god the flips the flips so much credit this stealth bump was awesome. They really did us a favor on this one the first two days I thought it was bad but then I noticed the offer.

Using both 20% promos was great. Easy $120 profit each time two locations.

Trade Links Awakening, which was meh, for $45.50 today. Put it all towards LM3. Not bad considering I got LA for $50 at WM. Only lost $5ish on it. Was just dated design wise and too short imo, at maybe 10 hours. It’s rare that I trade in a Zelda game even after beating it.

Has anyone traded today towards Death Stranding and gotten the 20% bonus? The email mentioned that the promo started 10/21, but the front page has been updated to remove Ghost Recon but now only shows COD getting the bonus. And the trade page has no mention of 20% bonus at all.
. I can confirm this. Other eligible games include poke sword shield, luigis mansion and Star Wars

. I can confirm this. Other eligible games include poke sword shield, luigis mansion and Star Wars
I’ve only gotten a boost for games that are already in-stock and haven’t done a trade toward a pre-order. Can you put any amount toward the game to get the boost? I don’t care to hurt the store later on so is there an amount that’s frowned upon and do you have to go back to the same store to cancel (if you actually choose to do so)?

Thanks.

I’ve only gotten a boost for games that are already in-stock and haven’t done a trade toward a pre-order. Can you put any amount toward the game to get the boost? I don’t care to hurt the store later on so is there an amount that’s frowned upon and do you have to go back to the same store to cancel (if you actually choose to do so)?

Thanks.
That's the thing you can still pick it up and then trade it back in with the G2L promo. You can put $5 down then a penny or more afterwords. Sadly you must put the initial $5 or more down. Why is no one but me talking about the boomerang madness that occurred this weekend.

That's the thing you can still pick it up and then trade it back in with the G2L promo. You can put $5 down then a penny or more afterwords. Sadly you must put the initial $5 or more down. Why is no one but me talking about the boomerang madness that occurred this weekend.
Probably because no one knows what you're talking about.

Ok, thank you. :)

P.S. I’m not aware of any boomerang madness.

That was fun.    Went by Gamestop earlier to pick up a Switch for my father, so he could start playing, and we took advantage of a "Buy a Used Console, get 20% off 2+ games".  There was no limit to the number of games, and the 20% off from the promo stacked with my Elite Pro, so got 40% off 10 different Switch games we picked up.  DBZ Heroes World Mission, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Moonlighter, Rime, both Pokemon Let's Go's, Skyrim, Hasbro Game Night, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Ni No Kuni.  Saved like $200.   :D

What’s the cheapest in stock or easily found “console” eligible for the 20% off games deal right now?

What’s the cheapest in stock or easily found “console” eligible for the 20% off games deal right now?
It's not the cheapest, but Amazon is giving $123 for a Wii U with Nintendo Land. So if you have a lot of credit you'd like to move, you could 2 birds.

That was fun. Went by Gamestop earlier to pick up a Switch for my father, so he could start playing, and we took advantage of a "Buy a Used Console, get 20% off 2+ games". There was no limit to the number of games, and the 20% off from the promo stacked with my Elite Pro, so got 40% off 10 different Switch games we picked up. DBZ Heroes World Mission, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Moonlighter, Rime, both Pokemon Let's Go's, Skyrim, Hasbro Game Night, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Ni No Kuni. Saved like $200. :D
Do i think it's worth buying another year of Elite pro, just to do this? Ineed to buy about 4 switch games ...

Thanks for that! I checked the site all morning and saw no mention of 20% bonus games on the trade-in page. I was so confused by this comment until I just looked at the page again.

For some reason it does not work on the DS Lites but the NES Classic works and trades back in for $35 so it is a $20 loss. $12-18 profit a game. This week was good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back