2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a new user. See? My name even says so. Also, my name is Bill, definitely not Dave or anything you're familiar with. I also live in a different state and here's my backstory...

Put down $5 for Cod some time last week. Picked it up tonight (skipping the 3pm pre-ring), paying off the remaining $54.99, and did not get the G2L code on the receipt.

I have a feeling picking this up early will cause issues with the $10 coupon... but hopefully I'm wrong. I say that as there were some issues it seemed with the computer.

Transferred $5 credit on CoD towards Luigi's Mansion 3.  I figure it's going to be more exciting.  Activision games drop rapidly after release anyways, so why hurry?  Probably an upcoming $30 Black Friday deal anyways .. so, meh.

I guess the big hurry might be to get in before the cash shop dominates the game, like how their other titles got crapped up. CTR :(

--

To my knowledge, cash same as credit laws are the same as cash payout laws.  Whether from a game store, pawn shop, book store, used sporting goods store, etc.

The big difference is that GameStop willfully opts to pay more during those promotions.  They still require a drivers license (or indisputable proof of identity), which they document.

Pawn shops seem to go a step further and photocopy your ID.  Something GameStop doesn't seem to be bothered with.

Fred knows this.

I picked up my COD that I preordered, but didn't get the "Guaranteed to Love it" code. The manager said she'd take care of it when I bring it back, but did anyone else experience this? Is it possible that it's only 1 time per account? I picked up Link's Awakening and traded it back in for the full $59.99 at launch.

I picked up my COD that I preordered, but didn't get the "Guaranteed to Love it" code. The manager said she'd take care of it when I bring it back, but did anyone else experience this? Is it possible that it's only 1 time per account? I picked up Link's Awakening and traded it back in for the full $59.99 at launch.
the pre ring i paid for around 4pm local time didn't have the code, i went in with my brother around 7pm local time and he bought a new copy (no pre order) and it printed the code on his receipt, same account. So I think it was just a time thing.

I asked the store person and they said a lot of copies were sold without the code, since the gamestop version of the game is exclusive to gamestop its easy for them to know if you bought it there or not so shouldn't be a problem trading it back in this weekend, it has that little red Endowment tag on the front. He said just bring your receipt and the game anytime this weekend if you want to trade it back in (you will only get store credit, NOT a refund, if its opened) and they know the code to use.

I noticed that Gamestop matched the 100 dollars off on all Xbox one X's including the limited edition gears 5 console. They also have the trade bonus for OG xbox ones where you get 150 for it but it says select consoles. Does anyone know if the limited edition gears xbox is included in that promo?

I noticed that Gamestop matched the 100 dollars off on all Xbox one X's including the limited edition gears 5 console. They also have the trade bonus for OG xbox ones where you get 150 for it but it says select consoles. Does anyone know if the limited edition gears xbox is included in that promo?
I’m pretty sure it’s all of them. I really want the Gears 5 but don’t want to put out the extra $130 after trading in my current X.

Serious question, are people still buying Xboxes? The manager at the Gamestop that I go to said they have not sold an Xbox One in months.

I’m pretty sure it’s all of them. I really want the Gears 5 but don’t want to put out the extra $130 after trading in my current X.
Aaaaand this just killed it for me. Was excited to get that sweet console, but then remembered I only have Elite controllers... I'm not trading that in with the system

edit: Actually... what's the cheapest I can find a X1 controller right now?

Aaaaand this just killed it for me. Was excited to get that sweet console, but then remembered I only have Elite controllers... I'm not trading that in with the system

Amazon warehouse has them for $32.

$30 refurb from Best Buy > https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&iht=y&keys=keys&ks=960&list=n&sc=Global&sp=%2Bcurrentprice%20skuidsaas&st=xbox%20one%20controller%20refurbished&type=page&usc=All%20Categories

I don't like being that guy, but if I'd waited all this time to grab an Xbox One X I'd just wait another year for Scarlet. It'll probably be $500, but you have a whole year to save up that extra $100. 

Many stores will let you just take the new controller out of the new system to trade in with the old system.

Count me among the fold for not getting the G2L code printed on my receipt when picking up my COD: MW pre-order today. I know someone posted the code for it here, so I'll write it down just to be safe.

FYI the G2L code not printing on the purchase receipt is a "known issue" stores are supposed to be aware of. There is an exception code they can grab from their internal communication system (I think it's called GSO) and they use it to bump your trade up to $59.99. They may ask you to provide your original purchase receipt though.

I picked up COD today and the GTL code printed...it is buried deep in the middle of the long receipt though.

Now when I go to take it back on Sunday I may go to a different store since I don't want to hear anyone whining about me using the promo. Sometimes they act like they developed the game.

FFS! Dead Cells GOTY on NSW is $19.99 for DOTD. Literally bought it 31 days ago for $35 because I found a sealed copy and the GS employee told me they were delisted and never coming back in stock. That's annoying af.

I picked up COD today and the GTL code printed...it is buried deep in the middle of the long receipt though.

Now when I go to take it back on Sunday I may go to a different store since I don't want to hear anyone whining about me using the promo. Sometimes they act like they developed the game.
Why would they sweat you? I just go in and if they ask why Im trading I tell them I converted to digital. Shuts down any convo

We need another topic or at least a edit to the first post. Perhaps a list of G2L games and $10 reward and more Q&A.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Gets $10 Reward

I know this has been answered before, so thanks for your patience. My pro expires 1/24/20. My app is showing a renewal option. Would renewing early get me the b2g1 coupon?

They are really missing the boat on the online only DotD promo. I would love to pick up some of these deals but shipping kills it. And buying buying used games also blows.

Outer worlds already released but the new ad is the first time I'm seeing that it comes with a $10 reward. Has anybody with previous games with the $10 reward bought the game without a pre-order and still got the $10?

So I just wanted to add something. I mentioned the email response I got a few days ago after I had sent them an email 2 months ago. I sent this email in regards to the fact that the xbox 360 I bought online and received only had 13.8GB of storage when it was supposed to have 500GB. Well I forgot to mention that the email I received was just the employee asking me if I still wanted them to respond to the email I had sent them. That was it. I waited 2 months just for them to ask me If I still needed help.

Outer worlds already released but the new ad is the first time I'm seeing that it comes with a $10 reward. Has anybody with previous games with the $10 reward bought the game without a pre-order and still got the $10?
I was wondering this too, the fine print says "purchase by 10/31".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back