2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So she overrode the system and instead of giving you the $59.99 gave you $49.99 in credit? If so, go ahead and blast her.

Yeah, I used a $25 reward cert on it, and I got the full $59.99 trade value when I brought it back.

I used a full $60 in certs for Code Vein and got $59.99 back for that so that's just the manager being a dick.
Thanks for the replies. I figured she was just being a dick, but I left her a good survey and a thanked her because I am trying to get into good graces with this store so they'll let things slide in the future. The next closest GameStop is too far for me to make my home store.

Thanks for the replies. I figured she was just being a dick, but I left her a good survey and a thanked her because I am trying to get into good graces with this store so they'll let things slide in the future. The next closest GameStop is too far for me to make my home store.
Though I understand wanting to be on good terms with them, them stealing money from you isn't worth that. You need to report that action or continue to be taken advantage of due to shitty employees trying to implement fake policies.

And what of the $10 certificate?

My guy, don't let them cheat you because you're trying to get in their "good graces." Chances are, that'll never happen despite how you let them cheat you.

Why has GameStop turned into a library? I let them hold 60 dollars, and can just have a free two day rental on all brand new games. Does this really seem like a good business model for them?

Why has GameStop turned into a library? I let them hold 60 dollars, and can just have a free two day rental on all brand new games. Does this really seem like a good business model for them?
It's a great way to get you into the store as you think you will get a free rental. Instead you are more likely to not finish that game in 2 days to even get a refund. If you manage to do so and return it, you get store credit which will be used to buy more products there.

It's actually a really smart business model that keeps your money at Gamestop. For the consumer it may be worth it if they only buy games new and finish it within 2 days to get this which won't happen frequently.

Like the others have said, letting them screw you over won't get you in their good graces. Usually they're either nice and helpful or they're the opposite. There's one store where I know everyone, have left countless good surveys, and spent tons of money, and they still treat me like a criminal when I come in to do a trade. Some people just hate their customers.

Sometimes trying to contact a higher up like a district manager is the best way to make sure it does not happen again. Then again depending on what you do with the company you may be better off trying to hide your activity. Well they removed Gamestop.com/feedback making it impossible to leave a positive or negative survey on online orders. Nevermind I see the option now they made it easier click on the order and you can leave ratings. I think I will avoid leaving any ratings whatsoever. 

Did anyone actually receive the $10 credit for Modern Warfare? I know they say it can take up to 7 business days, but it's always been extremely fast for me. I suspect that some of us are not going to receive it at this point. 

Did anyone actually receive the $10 credit for Modern Warfare? I know they say it can take up to 7 business days, but it's always been extremely fast for me. I suspect that some of us are not going to receive it at this point.
I will just call then. No midnight release for Luigi's Mansion 3. Going to have to stick with Outer World's come tomorrow.

My store never has midnight. Maybe for Pokémon but that's about it. Altho it's a town of only 10k people so you can imagine it's not gonna be the biggest lineup.

This guy was shady af. I specifically said no I don’t want that when he asked and then he applied it anyway and gave me the total to pay. Knowing something was off I said did you just apply the $3 protection even though I just told you I did not want it? And he tried to play it off by saying oh yea I was going to ask you if you had wanted it or not. Like bitch you just applied it to the total anyway and already asked to which I said no... lying asshole. Bet he does this to other people a lot too.
complain on the survey. give him a taste.

I'm just realizing... last week when I went to pick up Modern Warfare, the employee goes "Hey... looks like you have a free pre-order... any games you'd like to pre-order?"  Being the nice guy, I figure I'd just go ahead and reserve a game for free to help his numbers.  Looking at my account today, the bastard took a $10 cert I had on my account and put it toward the pre-order.  Douche.

Didn't even think that was possible to do. I've been told you can't use certs until pickup.

Side note: I had been wanting the Gears X1X console, was going to trade in my X towards it but decided to go with the deal that MS is having for the console plus a free digital game (went with CoD since I was going to pick it up anyway). I'll just trade in my X to GS with the console promo and return the one I buy there. I also really want the Switch Lite now that I got to check it out. It is sooo much more comfortable than the regular Switch. Probably trade in my Switch towards and X and return it, then pickup the Switch Lite (tempted to wait to see if GS is going to have any BF deals on the Lite).

I have a PS4 Pro, an original PS4 (with PT though...) and an original Switch that I'll never dock. Is there a way to take advantage of the extra trade in credit for an Xbox X to end up with a new X and a Switch Lite?

I'm just realizing... last week when I went to pick up Modern Warfare, the employee goes "Hey... looks like you have a free pre-order... any games you'd like to pre-order?" Being the nice guy, I figure I'd just go ahead and reserve a game for free to help his numbers. Looking at my account today, the bastard took a $10 cert I had on my account and put it toward the pre-order. Douche.
Wow, that is really shady. These associated are getting bolder and bolder. Once my last preorder is out of the system (3 more left) I am done pre-ordering unless it's G2L plus the $10 cert. And I still haven't received my cert for the COD pre-order that I picked up last Friday.

The dirty employee used the Cert on the game he was picking up to fool him into making preorders and thinking it would be “free”
That's incredibly shady and I would definitely be on the phone with CS and yet that. Also, I never got my $10 cert from Code Vein, even after calling CS and letting them know. Not sure if it's even still worth it at this point.

I'm just realizing... last week when I went to pick up Modern Warfare, the employee goes "Hey... looks like you have a free pre-order... any games you'd like to pre-order?" Being the nice guy, I figure I'd just go ahead and reserve a game for free to help his numbers. Looking at my account today, the bastard took a $10 cert I had on my account and put it toward the pre-order. Douche.

I mean it wasn't obvious when he said free preorder? Also...can't you just get it back? Most importantly ... it wasn't obvious?

I have a PS4 Pro, an original PS4 (with PT though...) and an original Switch that I'll never dock. Is there a way to take advantage of the extra trade in credit for an Xbox X to end up with a new X and a Switch Lite?
FYI, You can still download PT using a VPN. I followed instructions from the web and downloaded PT to my spidey pro. I was bummed losing it at first, but the internet came through with a solution!

That's incredibly shady and I would definitely be on the phone with CS and yet that. Also, I never got my $10 cert from Code Vein, even after calling CS and letting them know. Not sure if it's even still worth it at this point.
Weird. The last 2 times I had to call, they gave me the 10,000 points while still on the phone. I’m sure I’ll have to call about MW.

FYI, You can still download PT using a VPN. I followed instructions from the web and downloaded PT to my spidey pro. I was bummed losing it at first, but the internet came through with a solution!
Do you still need to already have it on your account or can anyone get it? If it doesn’t make the PS4 more valuable I’ll most likely just factory reset and trade it in. Can you use the trade in bonus on multiple system trade ins?

You still have the receipt from the transaction I assume...burn him on the survey.

Question.  My elite will end today and i think i will use 15k point for a pro renew.  I look at the expiration date it say 2018?  Is it still good to redeem those?

So looked at my receipt and something feels off.

Traded in 360 controller, it came out as "Big Xbox Controller". I can understand that.

Traded in PS3 controller, but it was listed as "PS3 wired", not wireless. Only got like $3 for it.

Base trade in was $13, refurb fee is usually like $5.

I honestly just wanted to get rid of it, so not a big deal, but still feels I deserved extra couple $ lol.

Traded in 360 controller, it came out as "Big Xbox Controller". I can understand that.

Traded in PS3 controller, but it was listed as "PS3 wired", not wireless. Only got like $3 for it.

I honestly just wanted to get rid of it, so not a big deal, but still feels I deserved extra couple $ lol.
They screwed you. They totally picked the wrong items for trade in.

As a general rule of thumb for anyone doing trades ins, always know the values of the items you are trading in before even walking into the store. I always write down the trade in values on a piece of paper, to make sure they match up with the values they are giving me. That way they don't screw you over with BS values.

If it came up wired then they traded it as the wired PS3 controller that's worth like 4 bucks.
Yeah, it was $4 and then took $1 off.

Didn't really pay much for it, but still feel robbed.

I feel the guy didn't know what he was doing, took him a while to figure which controller it was on the system.

As a general rule of thumb for anyone doing trades ins, always know the values of the items you are trading in before even walking into the store. I always write down the trade in values on a piece of paper, to make sure they match up with the values they are giving me. That way they don't screw you over with BS values.
Usually do that, but had a bunch of broken controllers I needed to get off my hands.

https://i.ebayimg.co...dVL/s-l1600.jpg

Got $30 in credit, could have had more, but the lot was $40. So mostly made my money back with 4 controllers.

Got to be more careful, I just assumed they had it handled. Never had issues before with trade ins.

Usually do that, but had a bunch of broken controllers I needed to get off my hands.

https://i.ebayimg.co...dVL/s-l1600.jpg

Got $30 in credit, could have had more, but the lot was $40. So mostly made my money back with 4 controllers.

Got to be more careful, I just assumed they had it handled. Never had issues before with trade ins.
Hope that you didn't trade all in at the same time because you might be banned from trading in now. Someone refresh my memory, how many controllers are you allowed to trade in before being banned? I remember a few people getting banned for trading in too many controllers of the same type (ex. 2 DS4s in same transaction).

I got screwed hard...

360 controller listed at $12 and DS3 also listed $15.

That's base value, not going back to that gamestop.

Not too sure about refurb fee as it was missing battery, as guy wouldn't take my 360 controller with thumb sticks peeled. Saying I wouldn't get anything after refurb fee.

Hope that you didn't trade all in at the same time because you might be banned from trading in now. Someone refresh my memory, how many controllers are you allowed to trade in before being banned? I remember a few people getting banned for trading in too many controllers of the same type (ex. 2 DS4s in same transaction).
2 xbox one, 1 360 and 1 DS3. Hopefully don't get banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back