2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope that you didn't trade all in at the same time because you might be banned from trading in now. Someone refresh my memory, how many controllers are you allowed to trade in before being banned? I remember a few people getting banned for trading in too many controllers of the same type (ex. 2 DS4s in same transaction).
You can trade up to 4 of any SKU/item within a rolling 30-day window. For accessories, you are allowed to trade them all in at the same time. No need to go to another store.

2 xbox one, 1 360 and 1 DS3. Hopefully don't get banned.
You won't get banned.

Do you still need to already have it on your account or can anyone get it? If it doesn’t make the PS4 more valuable I’ll most likely just factory reset and trade it in. Can you use the trade in bonus on multiple system trade ins?
You need to have it on your account already, then connect to vpn and you can download it. Without VPN, the download will not work.

You can trade up to 4 of any SKU/item within a rolling 30-day window. For accessories, you are allowed to trade them all in at the same time. No need to got to another store.

You won't get banned.
Thanks, at least I won't get banned after getting robbed lol

I got screwed hard...

360 controller listed at $12 and DS3 also listed $15.

That's base value, not going back to that gamestop.

Not too sure about refurb fee as it was missing battery, as guy wouldn't take my 360 controller with thumb sticks peeled. Saying I wouldn't get anything after refurb fee.
Call them they might fix their mistake or ask for a district manager.

Thank guys...BB I offering free $10 cert with purchase so I'm debating I should still pick I up from GS or just let the preorder roll to a different G2L that comes with the $10 cert as well...

Hey guys is the PRO and Elite 10%/20% off used discount no longer valid in stores?

My friend told me the discount wasn't coming off online when doing the B2G1 used promo.

Hey guys is the PRO and Elite 10%/20% off used discount no longer valid in stores?

My friend told me the discount wasn't coming off online when doing the B2G1 used promo.
It isn’t valid for the B2G1 online, for whatever reason. Otherwise it works like normal.

What's the regular trade in value for a PS4, and are there any deals to upgrade to a PRO? (Specifically death stranding edition)

i never really go to gamestop so have no idea, would appreciate the help

Mario and Sonic Olympic Games has $10 rewards cash. Hopefully it’s a G2L.
You can just return the game after you get the rewards cash if it's not a G2L. You get to keep the rewards cash as long as you don't get a junior detective.

when you trade in a console, what do you have to include?

if i traded in a ps4 would i have to include the hdmi cable, power cable, and controller?

and does it matter what controller? would rather not give them a dualshock 4

if i traded in a ps4 would i have to include the hdmi cable, power cable, and controller?

Umm...no.
The $10 rewards cash is given as a rewards certificate in your active offers. Someone's G2L was processed as a return and they still received the rewards cash. It's not given as a 10,000 point credit unless the system glitches and you have to call customer service. Unless you mean you're against this morally, which I can understand.

You’d have to give them a controller that goes with the console. Not much use in trading in a PS4 with a wii remote.

ah didn't know it came with a usb cable

anyone know if there are any ps4 pro upgrade trade in value deals (ie. will i get more credit if i trade in my ps4 towards a pro)?

Whatever came with the system originally except for the box.
-PS4
-DualShock 4
-HDMI cable
-AC power cable
-USB cable
You can keep the PS4 wired headset or trade that in separately for a few bucks.

The B2G1 promo applies in-stores on PS4 & XB1 games only; sale ends 11/2.

ah didn't know it came with a usb cable

anyone know if there are any ps4 pro upgrade trade in value deals (ie. will i get more credit if i trade in my ps4 towards a pro)?
Only deal they have right now is giving $175(500GB) or $250(1TB) for PS4s towards the purchase of a Xbox One X. Although that ends tomorrow. There is no PS4 Pro deal right now.

I saw somethings I would like and some opportunities. Death Stranding G2L. Wonder if it is any good.
Well this ad was interesting might have three great opportunities.
Early reviews are mixed.
Seeing most of the same, tedious game/ walking simulator.
This quote from the IGN review stands out to me and could sum up
what most of the game is.

“If Death Stranding sounds like a series of glorified fetch quests, it’s because that’s exactly what it is.”

Personally if my interest peaks after it’s released I’ll probably pick it up on a sale.

Some decent movers to best buy with b2g1.

HXyaSFc.jpg

On a related note, does anybody have a spreadsheet that has automated the search for GS to BB flips? Manually looking up TIV's and comparing to GS prices was a real slog.

I saw somethings I would like and some opportunities. Death Stranding G2L. Wonder if it is any good.

Well this ad was interesting might have three great opportunities.
Hmm considering there's only three games that are on sale, I wonder what it is you may be talking about...

Hmmm.... methinks I see some potential in the sale.... mmmmyessss... Hehehehehe. I can do this, and then that. Yes, yes, that's good. Going to be a great week. Oh, there's some flips for sure. I'm going to get mucho cred. I hope everyone here is proud of me. I just want to be loved and looked up to. I'm so lonely. Why don't people like me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back