2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I was just attacked by IATCG. I should feel honored but HPB does not have penny guides.

zamvTNf.jpg

Only IATCG would refer to IATCG as "legendary". Anyone else that calls him that is obviously an alt. IATCG is a sad pathetic little man with no life and it is too bad he still gets to troll on R as notsofuncoland.

Anyone know whats happening on Pro day?

Ive read that Elite is being discontinued and Pro is having the discount and b2g1 taken from it while having it replaced with a $5 certificate every month. Also, prices will rise to $15 digital and $20 for a physical magazine.

Whoa. If that's true, I should probably renew Pro now, save myself $5, and keep the B2G1 coupon. I was going to wait to see what the Pro Day sales were, but it seems like they'll eventually roll out the new program to everyone. I hope the $5 certs work on game currency at least.

Found this on Twitter. It looks like my guess was pretty much right. Spring 2020 is the rollout.

https://twitter.com/StrobeFPS/status/1191753253953908736/photo/1
This image doesn't explicitly state that any previous memberships will be cancelled. They may be grandfathering everything in until the individual subscriptions expire, like how they have been doing with Elite.

According to a post in the GS subreddit, the new Pro card rolls out in just a few days on the 8th, and the old Pro card will be honored until Spring 2020. That seems completely different to what the picture in the linked Twitter post says. Anyone know what's really going on?

According to a post in the GS subreddit, the new Pro card rolls out in just a few days on the 8th, and the old Pro card will be honored until Spring 2020. That seems completely different to what the picture in the linked Twitter post says. Anyone know what's really going on?
Exactly that. Anyone who renews or signs up after the 8th will roll into the new program. Everyone else will be good till sometime in spring when they'll fully roll it out. Not sure how current accounts will be handled yet.

It seems like they're really trying to sell employees on the idea that this new pro membership is somehow going to be wildly popular. I just don't see it. But then again, the general public isn't very good at math. I don't see Karen wanting to take little Jimmy to Gamestop once a month to use-or-lose his shiny new coupon.

If I get to keep EP until Spring then maybe we'll get one last hurrah of madness before the end comes.
It would we nice if we all get to keep the % off for a little while longer. I'm pondering renewing again before the 8th just to get an extra b2g1 but I dunno. I've never been sold on this idea, other than to buy eshop credit, which I don't think it works on, or super cheap games. If they take away the discounts, there is literally no reason to ever buy a used game there if they stick with the $54.99 price model.

My pro just expired and I'm picking up 4 different games next week. I was gonna reup just for the double points but at this point I don't even care about doing it.

It seems like they're really trying to sell employees on the idea that this new pro membership is somehow going to be wildly popular. I just don't see it. But then again, the general public isn't very good at math. I don't see Karen wanting to take little Jimmy to Gamestop once a month to use-or-lose his shiny new coupon.

If I get to keep EP until Spring then maybe we'll get one last hurrah of madness before the end comes.
Why wait till spring? I'm already mad now!

fuck, once that rolls out it's over for me. People try to frame it as "once they get rid of the discount the preowned prices will be lower!" but that's bullshit. They're the exact same in the test stores. 

I was told this with the usual shush/wink, but the Phoenix area is struggling to find ASLs after 5 quit (a seasonal in one of my stores was given keys and a raise because they literally had nobody that could close the store), a couple of my favorite managers are leaving, and apparently 2 stores in Tucson are going to close before the end of the year (which doesn't sound right, probably early next year). I was told any stores that aren't hitting a certain P&L are getting shut down, and any stores in bad areas with the Loss Prevention robot voice are (probably) on the chopping block. I don't think we'll see the amount of stores close that Camelot claimed, but it's not looking good.

Any trade bonus towards Pokémon?

Oh I see, 20%. $31 for Let’s Go Evee isn’t bad towards Sword but idk. With Pro day, do we expect values to hold, go up, or go down?

So if we re-up membership for another year we get the B2G1 coupon immediately-ish or when the new  year starts?

I'm hoping for a ProDay +$5 or +10% extra trade in bump to build some credit up for BF!

Been thinking about getting code vein, but I remember playing freedom wars and hating it.

It's the same developer/series, but not sure how much better it is than freedom wars.

It would we nice if we all get to keep the % off for a little while longer. I'm pondering renewing again before the 8th just to get an extra b2g1 but I dunno. I've never been sold on this idea, other than to buy eshop credit, which I don't think it works on, or super cheap games. If they take away the discounts, there is literally no reason to ever buy a used game there if they stick with the $54.99 price model.
I get what you guys are saying, and the 54.99 price is odd since walmart is taking the hit and making new games 49.99 at their expense, but Ive been elite for so long, I cant seem to see what pro is loosing other than the 10% off used, which in essence, the 5 bucks a month reward gets you to the same place if you buy 1 new release used game a month, otherwise pro still gets trade bonus, rewards points(unless that is done too, but it shows on the twitter image) and proday stuff. what did I miss?

You already asked that literally the other day. Why would the answer change in just a day or two?
so i asked this twice, one guy didn't have a definitive answer, the other guy said no.

gamestop told me you could

so lol, thats why.

also does the register stop the sale, or the employees refuse?

I get what you guys are saying, and the 54.99 price is odd since walmart is taking the hit and making new games 49.99 at their expense, but Ive been elite for so long, I cant seem to see what pro is loosing other than the 10% off used, which in essence, the 5 bucks a month reward gets you to the same place if you buy 1 new release used game a month, otherwise pro still gets trade bonus, rewards points(unless that is done too, but it shows on the twitter image) and proday stuff. what did I miss?
I mean it's pretty clear why it's worse. I now have no incentive to buy more than one new release pre-owned game a month. The cost for the card is also going up, and if they get rid of the B2G1, that's another nail in the coffin. I've saved thousands with Elite and Pro, now I'm limited to a max of $40 a year? Nah fam.

Considering the benefit works on Digital Currency I will be using it to get cheap PSN credit. Besides that and the occasional great promotion GameStop will be dead to me sadly. Oh and a outlet for me to trade scratched and damaged thrift store items.

Has anyone had an issue logging into their account on the website, but can log into a different account with no problems? I've been trying to cancel my Death Stranding CE since I was able to order one with GCU, and the little loading circle will flash but nothing happens. Support said my account looks fine, and to try again in a couple of days (groan). If I go to log into a different account, it logs in instantly.

I've been trying to convince everyone the sky isn't falling, but fuck, this is ridiculous.

Has anyone had an issue logging into their account on the website, but can log into a different account with no problems? I've been trying to cancel my Death Stranding CE since I was able to order one with GCU, and the little loading circle will flash but nothing happens. Support said my account looks fine, and to try again in a couple of days (groan). If I go to log into a different account, it logs in instantly.

I've been trying to convince everyone the sky isn't falling, but fuck, this is ridiculous.
I have no problems logging into two accounts.

As someone who hasn’t set foot in a GS in well over a year (all digital but Switch), should I sign up for the pro membership now before the changes are implemented or is it not worth it? I would use the B2G1 coupon on a few Switch games.

Thanks for the response. Now it's telling me my password is wrong, and when I go to change it, it won't take it because it's the same as the old one, which it also wouldn't take to begin with.
Someone might of hacked your account for your points be wary.

Yeah. After 2 weeks of calling, they finally told me to create a new account and they’d transfer all my points plus enough points to get a Pro membership. I’d call and just ask they do that instead of waiting.

Well I bet everyone is on this one but Fortnite Minty Axe codes go for $20-90 each on eBay just mailed my 4 cards and will be getting almost $200 back. Really happy and only had to go to 4 stores.

I was able to use store pickup, not as convenient but an option
Crap I didn't think of that. I 100%ed the game when it first came out (when it was still borderline unplayable), so I should probably wait until all the patches and updates come out to revisit it. $17 seems really cheap but I'm sure it'll get cheaper.

Strongly considering trading in my copies of BOTW and Odyssey for the 20% bonus and rebuying them on Black Friday for $30 at Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back