2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't even seem to place an order on GameStop.com with my trade card. Keep getting the message that my transaction is declined and to use a different payment method. Anyone else having similar issues? Definitely don't want to use payment other than my credit (need to use it up).
SAME! how gamestop manages to get shit wrong all the time blows my mind.

Fingers crossed my orders for vintage actually go through. I have credit, but paid oop just to be safe. 

Cag16 is stacking with the bogo, so if there's a bunch of stuff you're trying to get, best to do it in orders of 6 items each. 

edit: didn't scroll down far enough to see there was a dedicated thread for the sale, oh well. 

I went in to renew pro yesterday but I still have about 2 weeks of elite left. The employee said I would have to cancel elite with customer service before. My brother renewed so maybe I’ll just use his to buy used games and I’ll do the new “improved” membership.

Im trying to use my trade credit online to pickup dotd and it says "The transaction was declined and your basket has been deleted. Please use a different payment method or contact Customer Service gamestop" when I check the balance it has money in the card :/
Same here. I called CS and it was the first theyve heard of it.

Stupid question but I never did in store pickup at Gamestop. The Division is $3 used today, if I order it can I pick it up tomorrow or do you have to pickup today to keep that price? 

Can't use my gift card online. Customer service is useless.

"The transaction was declined. Please use a different payment method or contact Customer Service."

Anyone able to place an order online today using a gift card or trade credit? Trying to determine if it's an isolated or global issue.
I tried both online and in app, neither accepted trade credit. Too bad, I was going to get 18x $5 retro games for $41, and I'm low on bubble mailers.

I'm not sure if I should trade in my games today or tomorrow. How much of a change is trade in credit for a game when the value drops I would get 13 a game if i trade today, ill get 15 a game if I trade tomorrow but only if the trade in price doesn't change

The $5 monthly coupon wouldn't be too bad if you can use it on digital currency. And even better if you renew plus during sonys black friday its $40 . So with the new pro it would cost you $35 ($15+4 months coupon use)

Decided to nab The Division for XB1 with in-store pickup. $3 is my just right CAG price. After pro discount and applying a balance from a free member/player card, only had to pay a whopping $.02 difference.

My trade credit worked for the waffle maker (Pokemon pokeball) DotD yesterday using the website to purchase.. was taxed but not going to argue for a few quarters

Went to 3 different stores to try to renew before tomorrow but they denied it saying I just renewed last month and it's against policy. Did the same thing with elite right before it went away. Sometimes I just don't get it man. Guess I'm not renewing again after this one expires.

I tried both online and in app, neither accepted trade credit. Too bad, I was going to get 18x $5 retro games for $41, and I'm low on bubble mailers.
Same, can't get an order through using any payment method. Had no issue a couple days ago. Sucks because this promo is pretty darn good.

I was just told that in Feb or March, all memberships will be rolled into the $5 certificate/month. And that renewing my basic to pro tomorrow will give the 10% as well with the $5 until jan1st. The store has never given me any hassles before and they sorta know me so I dont feel like I was lied to.

Hope gamestop updates used prices when they lower new prices. Hoping for something good on pro day to use my $15 off used item cert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back