2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that was confusing. I'll just chime in with my own experience since I renewed my Pro earlier this week too: in my PUR account, I was given 5000 "Bonus Points", which I'm assuming is the new limited-time $5 sign-up bonus for the new Pro membership since I haven't bought anything else in recent months.

That leads me to believe that people who signed up prior to today will be grandfathered into keeping the 10% discount until spring as well as getting the new $5 monthly certificates, just like the website suggests. Maybe it's not too late to get it for anyone still on the fence since the website still advertises it.
What day did you renew it? I renewed mine and haven't received any bonus points.

Sekiro used for $20.68 +tax is the right price for me.

Apparently I've also become that a-hole who buys $5 Target games for $8-10 trade-ins during the GameStop Pro days. 😁

Ran into an issue this morning where PS4 games that were over $2 but under $4 were not getting the $5 bonus. Everything $4 and over got it just fine. Has anyone else encountered this today?

Went to my local Gamestop. 

Employee didn't seem to know how to do his job like he's new or something.

Manager was too busy drinking coffee and flirting with another customer.  Pro Day sale item was apparently in the backroom and the employee took forever looking for it.

Haven't been in my local Gamestop in awhile.  Is this the norm now?

Where the manager  appears to let the confused employee fly solo to the point I found it annoying.  Like setting up him to fail, bad.

Even as the devil customer, I kind of felt bad for the clueless Gamestop employee.  The sad part is they weren't even busy with customers to be so be distracted.

Ran into an issue this morning where PS4 games that were over $2 but under $4 were not getting the $5 bonus. Everything $4 and over got it just fine. Has anyone else encountered this today?
Doesn't help you but the One games didn't have that problem for me. Traded in 3 of them that were in that $2-$4 range before bonus.

Doesn't help you but the One games didn't have that problem for me. Traded in 3 of them that were in that $2-$4 range before bonus.
Good to know - I've got Dying Light, WWE 2k18, Far Cry 4, Knack, and Uncharted 4 to get rid of. All hovering around $2-3, but with the bonus I'll part with them.

Went to my local Gamestop.

Employee didn't seem to know how to do his job like he's new or something.

Manager was too busy drinking coffee and flirting with another customer. Pro Day sale item was apparently in the backroom and the employee took forever looking for it.

Haven't been in my local Gamestop in awhile. Is this the norm now?

Where the manager appears to let the confused employee fly solo to the point I found it annoying. Like setting up him to fail, bad.

Even as the devil customer, I kind of felt bad for the clueless Gamestop employee. The sad part is they weren't even busy with customers to be so be distracted.
Went to a couple GS today, they were both fine.

Traded in Ni No kuni for the switch and did not get the bonus. Catched it too late, but the SL was in and said he'd give me $5 Off anything when i come back. Had to leave since i was on lunch.

confirmed with a DL today that all old pro and elite are going away in spring and switching to the new $5 a month and 10% extra on trades only. They said they will lower prices but ill believe that when i see it. 

I can confirm using the PS classic console to get the 20% off preowned games worked.

With so many flip games available, it'll be a pretty solid haul. I grabbed about 40 of the 100+.

Field report time.

-I also ran into issues with above-$2, sub-$4 PS4 games not getting the bump. Fortunately, my store's associates were awesome and fixed it quickly. They're definitely getting a good survey.

-I tried a 360 and a Wii game for the heck of it (both $4-$5 base each). They did NOT qualify for the bump. This promo really is "what it says on the tin" this time around.

Division 2 for $12 and Rage 2 new for $20. Not bad. Saw a used sekiro in my store but I think Dark Souls is trash so I'll be skipping on the game. A pretty good pro day overall deals-wise.

Dude at GS gave me the Sekiro Steelbook along with a new copy. Got that for $21 and Metal Wolf Chaos for $15, I'll take that for under 40 bucks^_^. Gonna have to go back and get Control later tonight or tomorrow.

One of the Game Boy Advance games I got, Mario vs Donkey Kong, says "NOT FOR RESALE" on the label. What does that mean as they obviously did resell it...
It was part of a bundle with a system, it's only there so stores can't attempt to open the bundles and try to sell the game as new. Once it's used it doesn't apply to used sales.

Also had an issue with the games with tiv between 2-4 dollars not getting the bonus. Unfortunately no manager around to manually adjust it. Avoid the preowned games that are $10 if you don’t want to hope for a manual adjustment for now. But Hopefully they fix it tomorrow.

I renewed my membership online, selected PowerUp Rewards Pro. It was $15 - My CC shows $16.04 pending charge.

My account now shows

Elite Pro Account Expires:
11/06/2020

I was an elite pro member when I still had an active membership but it expired quite a while back. Maybe that's why it renewed that membership level? No idea
Same thing happened to one of my Elite accounts. It expired in July. In August I purchased the $15 Pro membership online, and I was given Elite again. High five!

Used ps classic and a new utopia headset failed to prompt the 20% off used games. There really aren't any flips without the extra 20% off. Add on top of that, many sub-$4 TIVs aren't getting the bump. This was a bust for me.

I'd buy some games to keep, but Black Friday is three weeks away, and gamepass/xbl/free PC games everywhere means I don't have enough time to play the games I already have access to.

I'll be happy when I burn through this $300 GameStop credit next year on hardware. Blasted company closing the 3rd party gift cards loophole, drats.

EDIT: The 20% off didn't stack with my Elite Pro.

Anyone own Megaman X  1-2 collection for PS4?

I know both games come on a disc, but is their any codes?

Wanted to buy used, just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Used ps classic and a new utopia headset failed to prompt the 20% off used games. There really aren't any flips without the extra 20% off. Add on top of that, many sub-$4 TIVs aren't getting the bump. This was a bust for me.

I'd buy some games to keep, but Black Friday is three weeks away, and gamepass/xbl/free PC games everywhere means I don't have enough time to play the games I already have access to.

I'll be happy when I burn through this $300 GameStop credit next year on hardware. Blasted company closing the 3rd party gift cards loophole, drats.

EDIT: The 20% off didn't stack with my Elite Pro.
I laughed when I saw "used PlayStation Classic." Someone's hacking attempt gone wrong.

Same thing happened to one of my Elite accounts. It expired in July. In August I purchased the $15 Pro membership online, and I was given Elite again. High five!
Sonuvabitch. That sounds like it would have worked for everyone who renewed online. If you knew about it in August, why didn't you share it then?
Yeah first time hearing about this as well. Surprised no one posted here about it.

Anybody else having trouble trading in games with 2.00 base minimum(ex: Fallout 4). I tried with that same game and the $5 bonus wouldn’t apply. The associate at the store I went to tried to tell me that it wouldn’t apply unless I renewed my membership(which doesn’t expire until 03/20)... I told her it didn’t mention that on the flyer. Proceeded to tell me this was definitely the reason the extra $5 wasn’t applying.

Way to push for a renewal on my membership huh?

Needless to say I walked out. Probably go to the GS around my job tomorrow and see if they can sort it out. Just wanted to know if it happened to anyone else because I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to GS lol.

TL;DR

Tried to trade in a PS4 game with 2.00 base trade-in for the $5 extra credit but it wouldn’t apply.

Let's all remember when gamestop finally implodes, and all the articles and YouTube videos talk about how the move to digital games did them in, that we'll all know the truth. Gamestop died due to gross incompetence

No you didn't. I already combed through your posts and there's nothing there. You had a post asking if membership could still be paid with points, and that's it. Are you sure you're not thinking one of the Discord channels that formed around that time? You joined one then.

Picked up my Pokemon Switch Lite after work and the SL gave me the $5 off since I didn't get the bonus on my ni no kuni switch trade in earlier. Also picked up some games from the list to trade in tmw and got the extra 20% off on top of my elite.

Shaq me, I just searched my posts and I didn't mention it here. It was in the discord. But aside from one person, no one really paid attention to it anyway.

No you didn't. I already combed through your posts and there's nothing there. You had a post asking if membership could still be paid with points, and that's it. Are you sure you're not thinking one of the Discord channels that formed around that time? You joined one then.
That's exactly what happened. August 29, I made a post in the Discord I started.

Anyone own Megaman X 1-2 collection for PS4?
I know both games come on a disc, but is their any codes?
Wanted to buy used, just want to make sure I don't miss anything.
I actually just picked this up from GS a week or so ago, and besides both discs, it had an add for MM11 (I believe) on a paper insert. Nothing else - But then again, it WAS used. Hope that helps.

Wonder if Gamestop is trying to deter the amount of Death Stranding copies that are traded back with G2L. Seeing lots of people on twitter saying stores are sold out because they didn't have extra copies after pre-orders.

I went in to my local GS to browse and one of the clerks sold 3 pro memberships during the time I was there. He was convincing parents by telling them that they could use the $5 on vbucks every month. He told them that they were basically paying $15 for $65 worth of vbucks and would also get access to the pro day sales. He tried it out on me when my son bought a cheap DS game but I passed. It does sound convincing when you think about it.

Fortunately, my boys are worn out on Fortnite. They play once in a while to goof around but not enough to buy the pass or vbucks. Now I just need to convince the wife to let them play Borderlands 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back