2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's obvious but a little reminder sometimes when the site is dead the app is good! My mom was struggling with Walmart one year and while she fought with it for 40 min I breezed through the app and placed my order. So yeah could be helpful for gamestop also.

You can find it by logging into Paypal and clicking on "Shopping"

Only the first 20,000 who claim it can get the deal. Must make a purchase using Paypal before December 2nd.
Has only actually gone through and tried to use this deal? I saved it as well, but have nothing to buy currently. Based on the comments on SD, it sounds like it kinda works, kinda doesn't. Just not sure if it'll work on anything (new or used), and in conjunction with the Pro discount/CAG16?

Just got the fandango code as well. I submit mine on release day.

Girlfriend submit hers a few days later, hasn't got hers yet. So don't panic if you submit it later than I did. Probably will come within the next couple days.

If cag16 stacks with elite pro and b2g1 I won't even have to step foot in a store. Here's to hoping for a glitchapalooza
More like the site will slow to a crawl and page errors abound
Is there any way to get online BOGO/B2G1 to work as it does on in-store POS? That's always been my bane and I'd really rather not juggle these.

Buy 3 $9.99 games, 3 $19.99 games, and 3 $29.99 games in-store, get one of each tier free.

Do the same online, get the 3 9.99 games free instead - and no amount of shuffling in-cart changes things.

Screws with reaching free shipping something fierce. Current gen/3ds games being a separate promo will help in getting above the threshold, but every time I do this I feel like I'm missing something fundamental.

You can find it by logging into Paypal and clicking on "Shopping"
Only the first 20,000 who claim it can get the deal. Must make a purchase using Paypal before December 2nd.
Anyone getting an error when tryin to buy via paypal? Trying to buy $25 in xbox cards and it errors out every time.

Is there any way to get online BOGO/B2G1 to work as it does on in-store POS? That's always been my bane and I'd really rather not juggle these.
Buy 3 $9.99 games, 3 $19.99 games, and 3 $29.99 games in-store, get one of each tier free.
Do the same online, get the 3 9.99 games free instead - and no amount of shuffling in-cart changes things.

Screws with reaching free shipping something fierce. Current gen/3ds games being a separate promo will help in getting above the threshold, but every time I do this I feel like I'm missing something fundamental.
Haha lol no

Come on dude. This is GS you're talking about. This is the "correct" way in their eyes.

the 50 online rewards coupon doesn't work for like half the items i try. No preorders/legos/accessories like wtf. Half the statues/collectibles dont count either.

Does the instore rewards coupon have similar limitations?
not sure, i always use the in-store one on either a game or amazon gift cards. maybe you can use yours on a game on the website, then return it to the store for credit and then buy whatever you want?

Anyone else think its weird the black friday ad on the website is missing page 12, which is the B2G1 and B1G1 page? its still there in the version you can download though.

Attempted to buy some redbox games, with the intent to flip them to GS... but all of my credit/debit cards got denied (and I tried at multiple redbox locations). Figured may as well share with you guys, as it will otherwise have been a waste of time putting all this info together.

ZtgvaOB.png
I had the same thing happen. I called the cs line for my bank and said I was clear to go. Went back to the redbox and it didn't work. Went to my bank in person and said I didn't have any holds. Went to a different Redbox and it was a chip instead of a slide and it worked. Went to a slide and it didn't work. Went back to a different chip and it worked.

TLDR. Maybe you used a chip card on a slide machine.

I had the same thing happen. I called the cs line for my bank and said I was clear to go. Went back to the redbox and it didn't work. Went to my bank in person and said I didn't have any holds. Went to a different Redbox and it was a chip instead of a slide and it worked. Went to a slide and it didn't work. Went back to a different chip and it worked.

TLDR. Maybe you used a chip card on a slide machine.
Never seen any redbox kiosks with chip readers... however, doesnt matter as I've come to the conclusion that I somehow got banned. I can't checkout on the Redbox website or at the kiosks. Called CS a couple days back and they said all my credit/debit cards are good to go, so not sure what the deal is.

Never seen any redbox kiosks with chip readers... however, doesnt matter as I've come to the conclusion that I somehow got banned. I can't checkout on the Redbox website or at the kiosks. Called CS a couple days back and they said all my credit/debit cards are good to go, so not sure what the deal is.
Try calling your bank. One time, a while ago, I bought from a bunch of different redboxes and it threw up a fraud protection block. Called, got it settled, good to go.

Well, lol, this is the "unofficial" handwringing thread on this site.  My receipt says Dec. 9th is the deadline but I will get it in before that...

Attempted to buy some redbox games, with the intent to flip them to GS... but all of my credit/debit cards got denied (and I tried at multiple redbox locations). Figured may as well share with you guys, as it will otherwise have been a waste of time putting all this info together.

ZtgvaOB.png
I just want to say thank you for this. I'm in one of the test markets where I can buy from RedBox and these are great flips for the lead up to Black Friday. I picked up Yoshi without issue at one store, will be getting Just Dance and another Yoshi tomorrow.

The cases they give you are adorable, I kind of wish they made retail Switch cases this thin because there's never a manual and not really a need for one as much thickness as there is in them.

I just wish I'd gotten an Elite account back in the day now, I'm doing all my flips with just a Pro bonus and it makes the numbers a bit tighter ;)

Can you still use trade in credit toward Steam gift cards? I thought I remembered them taking that away a few years ago, but wasn't sure if that was still true.

Can you still use trade in credit toward Steam gift cards? I thought I remembered them taking that away a few years ago, but wasn't sure if that was still true.
theres a list somewhere in this thread of what they stopped allowing trade credit to be used on. It was sometime this summer. It was down to basically just MS, Sony and Nintendo currency being allowed, but Steam may have been one also. search sucks on this site though, but maybe i can find it.

edit, i found it. actually wasn't that hard. looks like Steam is OK.

ECdI1x6WkAA-Btb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back