2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone really think Gamestop is going to be selling  COD Modern Warfare PC digital codes for $38? That doesn't seem like something they would do. I know it says it will be in the ad, but I'm skeptical. 

Getting rage 2 digital deluxe instead. For $26, I also get both expansions. They're like $10 each separately, save some money this way.

Kinect deal of the day.

Didn’t they remove all of its dash functionality? What can you still do with it?

Well, you'll be spending $26 on a game worth $0 when you could've bought an actual game with the money.
Okay....
Going to sleep on it, could just use my $15 off to get it for $5.DLC seems weak.

Curious why you dislike rage 2?

Okay....
Going to sleep on it, could just use my $15 off to get it for $5.DLC seems weak.

Curious why you dislike rage 2?
It's a terrible game from top to bottom. If you're a little kid and like ADHD shooters like COD and Doom you might like it, but if you're an adult and want a good game Rage 2 is about as far away as you can get. No story, terrible writing/characters, awful world, just a mess.

Kinect deal of the day.

Didn’t they remove all of its dash functionality? What can you still do with it?
Kinect Sports and Just Dance. People still want them for those Just Dance games that come out every year. The S/X adapter for it went for insane money last year before third parties started making them.

It's a terrible game from top to bottom. If you're a little kid and like ADHD shooters like COD and Doom you might like it, but if you're an adult and want a good game Rage 2 is about as far away as you can get. No story, terrible writing/characters, awful world, just a mess.
"If you're an ADULT "[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I won't even pretend to be an adult and I love doom, but I will say rage 2 was bad. To give reference I've got something like 1500 games in my collection I keep garbage games I'll never play or replay. I got rage 2 on launch and returned it 3 days later because I finished it.

It wasn't a bad game to play, it kept me entertained while I did... But wtf I beat it in like 8 hours or something. Not worth 60 bucks. But 10 or 15, yeah.

How long does it take to restock an out of stock item? Since Yakuza Kiwami 2 is out of stock
May want to look at other places for it(Amazon has it in stock for $15 new). As they're slow on restocking stuff(especially during the holidays), so they might not get anymore in until after the sale ends.

Does the extended return period for purchases after November 1st apply to preowned games?

I've bought so many games this month that are past 7 days but would love to return and rebuy with b2g1

Wow, Genesis Mini $45 Deal of the Day. Cheaper than their Black Friday ad. I was planning to just grab the Classics game for $10 for PS4 but nostalgia may be worth $45.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/retro-gaming/sega-genesis/consoles/products/sega-genesis-mini-console/10175135.html
Has anybody had any luck getting the $5 off a $25 order paypal promo to apply to an order for a Genesis Mini? I just tried checking out and I can't get the $5 off to apply at checkout. I clicked on the link from my paypal account and was going to use paypal as the payment which should have triggered the $5 off. Do these just not work on items that are on sale?

It doesn't show in the total on gamestop, it will show up on your paypal account overview as -5. I am guessing because gamestop doesnt have anything to really do with it, paypal is "paying" gamestop the total, but charging your balance 5 less, if that makes sense.

It doesn't show in the total on gamestop, it will show up on your paypal account overview as -5. I am guessing because gamestop doesnt have anything to really do with it, paypal is "paying" gamestop the total, but charging your balance 5 less, if that makes sense.
Thank you for the reply, I put my order in and just like you said, paypal shows the -$5 after you check out.

Chances of trade values tanking by Friday? Got a few games I'm contemplating dumping, but if I don't make it in tonight, won't be there again until Friday afternoon. And knowing how busy my local store usually is, it could be a madhouse. Not sure if I should make another run tonight before everything plummets, value-wise.

And no trade-in deals at all this weekend???

Can someone else please check : did they just remove the ability to check store inventory on the website?

That box just disappeared for me.

Thank you.
Looks that way on the website. I had some stuff saved in my cart to pay for online with the intent of picking up in store. No longer an option. Same issue on the app, even though its still showing the store has inventory of those items.

Looks that way on the website. I had some stuff saved in my cart to pay for online with the intent of picking up in store. No longer an option. Same issue on the app, even though its still showing the store has inventory of those items.
Thank you. I really hope it's a glitch and not intentional, but I probably know better.

QUESTION!

Does anyone know how to sort for games that are available to purchase online?  I am trying to prep for this evening a bit.

Will game stop accept controllers with missing serial number stickers? I have a ds4 and x1 controller that I'd like to trade in.
They took one from me last week like that. In fact they sold it to me like that as well, I was buying and selling the DS4 controllers back to them when they had that deal of the day.

Didn't notice paypal coupon still works, since I activated offer before it reached limit.

I scored a bunch of vita games, and some pokemon DS games in the sale.  my dumbass didn't realize it wasnt for retro so i spent 40 minutes trying to figure out what snes games to put in my cart then couldnt figure out why they weren't B1G1 at 9pm.  fortunately i had a list of vita games ready too. I made three different orders of 6 games each so I could max out the CAG16, which did stack.

I learned a long time ago never to order any 3ds or vita or disc based retro games on thier website. Avoids disappointment

I learned a long time ago never to order any 3ds or vita or disc based retro games on thier website. Avoids disappointment
i agree on older disc games, i dont usually order those from GS. but 3DS and Vita, i dont really care about the original case and most of those dont have manuals anyways. but all of what i bought was to flip anyways.

Websites borked app too “unable to add to cart” and checkout of the few things already in it errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back