2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're concerned because your orders haven't shipped on a holiday? Of all things to be concerned about when shopping at GS, that should be the least of your worries. Orders taking 1-2 days to ship is normal even when it isn't BF.
It has more to do with the fact that my first order had games that went out of stock almost immediately after the promotion started. My second order, which had more common games, was shipped this morning despite the fact that I ordered it hours after my first. I understand that it can take a couple of days for processing, but I was wondering if the second order is an anomaly based on everyone else's experience. I am going to assume that the second order was processed by a store rather than the warehouse.

The pre-owned Vita indeed rang up for $99 tonight.  Good luck finding one that doesn't look like the person who traded it in scratched it up with a fork.  Out of two GameStops in my area, there were only four Vitas to choose from, and none of them were slims.  Since I had the $15 off pre-owned reward certificate to burn, I went for the refurbished Vita with the pristine screen. 

It's charging as we speak.  And I'm waiting in the fetal position.  :shock:  

what did you get?
1st was NHL 20, Borderlands 3, Wreckfest for $50

2nd was Days Gone, Far Cry New Dawn, and Injustice 2 legendary edition for $25 (had to get free shipping so I threw in a new Horizon ZD and Project Gotham Racing 3 for my 360)

Along with my 3rd one yesterday of Sekiro, Breakpoint, and Control, that's about $135 for all the games listed.

1st was NHL 20, Borderlands 3, Wreckfest for $50

2nd was Days Gone, Far Cry New Dawn, and Injustice 2 legendary edition for $25 (had to get free shipping so I threw in a new Horizon ZD and Project Gotham Racing 3 for my 360)

Along with my 3rd one yesterday of Sekiro, Breakpoint, and Control, that's about $135 for all the games listed.
NICE! great deals

Welp my b2g1 pickup order was cancelled. Only Marvel Alliance 3 was available for pickup. What will I be charged when I pick it up the full preowned price or the cag16 price?

So is the reason Vita would be chosen over the switch because there will be no more new firmwares (or games requiring new firmware)

I remember the OLED being pretty darn good but that might’ve been for it’s time 7 years ago

If I have 200 dollars of trade credit left, what is the best thing I could buy to flip to something else?  Already bought all the games I want.  

Store pickup is so dangerous when using trade credit. Seems like they often don't gave the games and cancels orders willy nilly.

Store pickup is so dangerous when using trade credit. Seems like they often don't gave the games and cancels orders willy nilly.
I have not faith in them even fulfilling online orders, cuz they don't even freaking cross reference the item number and game title before sending the game off.

The amount of effort employees generally put into looking for games in the drawers, even when purchasing in store, is pretty minimal as well.

I have not faith in them even fulfilling online orders, cuz they don't even freaking cross reference the item number and game title before sending the game off.

The amount of effort employees generally put into looking for games in the drawers, even when purchasing in store, is pretty minimal as well.
Happens in store to me constantly. Dudes just skim the drawers and claim not to have it. Like dude this is the third time this month, sounds like someone is stealing games lol. I made a bunch of online orders yesterday and am so scared they're all going to get canceled.

Curious how things will be tomorrow.
Was looking to pick up anthem for $5/$4 and maybe look through ps3 games. Got the main games I was looking at online. Hopefully can find a use for my $15 off coupon.

I've been burned on store credit with an online order before, and dealt with completely unhelpful customer service for it multiple times. This time around I just used PayPal, even though I had plenty of credit to cover the cost. Anything to not have to deal with that headache again.

As for Vita, it did get a new firmware recently. They release it sporadically in a vain attempt to combat piracy.

I ordered a PS4 Holiday bundle from Gamestop online a few days ago, got it in yesterday and tried to hook it up today. The controller won't control the system. I plugged in the controller and it worked for about 3 minutes, and now I can't control the system. Wired or wireless, it won't work. What are my options here? The system appears to be defective, but the item is sold out in store and online. The console is basically non-functional. Should I try to deal with Gamestop or just call Sony?

I'm also curious if the +5 is still working, was it still posted in the store (anyone that dared venture out on Thursday)

Went in store tonight at 10:30. Got a psvr. Kids love it. Waiting for trade deal to do some flips before the sale is over for more preowned titles.

Hoping to grab an OG Xbox One tomorrow
Considering downgrading to it from X now that the generation is ending and use the money from the sold X towards PS4 Slim... or more switch games .

4K HDR is still janky sometimes and the TVs built in apps do fine, still haven’t and likely never would buy a 4K Blu-ray.

As long as Apex works okay on an OG.

Considering downgrading to it from X now that the generation is ending and use the money from the sold X towards PS4 Slim... or more switch games .

4K HDR is still janky sometimes and the TVs built in apps do fine, still haven’t and likely never would buy a 4K Blu-ray.

As long as Apex works okay on an OG.
I would keep it. Games generally run better on X and Pro.Remember OG xbox has worse performance out of all(ps4/one) models.

My Pro is basically a 1080p machine,almost no games are stable at 1440p anyways. It does 1080p better than regular models, apex is generally smoother.

Just finished my Black Friday shopping at Gamestop, and I have to say, and I think I may have broken the record for world's longest Gamestop receipt ever, lol!

iKRcqhR.jpg

Just finished my Black Friday shopping at Gamestop, and I have to say, and I think I may have broken the record for world's longest Gamestop receipt ever, lol!

iKRcqhR.jpg
G@t d@m!!!!!!

What was your total? Can't zoom in..

Also does GS NOT show inventory online anymore? Or is it cuz I'm on a cell phone?

Trying to see if any stores in my area have Mario Cart Switch bundle

Seems like best deal, $300 plus $25 credit

Was fixing to go to sleep now tho.. but would wake up to go there at 7am if i knew they had them as doubt there will be any crazy crowds anymore right?

oNe

G@t d@m!!!!!!

What was your total? Can't zoom in..

Also does GS NOT show inventory online anymore? Or is it cuz I'm on a cell phone?

Trying to see if any stores in my area have Mario Cart Switch bundle

Seems like best deal, $300 plus $25 credit

Was fixing to go to sleep now tho.. but would wake up to go there at 7am if i knew they had them as doubt there will be any crazy crowds anymore right?

oNe
try using the app, it shows some of the stores in your area

My wife has a separate account from me and we live in a state that requires ID for trades. Does anyone know if I'll risk getting the account banned if I use my ID on both accounts?

I heard that the $5 trade bonus for Switch games will last all the way through the first week of December, so online orders with free edge shipping might make it for the bonus. 

iKRcqhR.jpg
I've had longer :lol: . Nice work

Breath of the Wild for $30.xx with Elite Pro and part of the B2G1 free is the real MVP

Jesus, i went to three different stores yesterday and all three receipts together weren't that long. Tally so far, 45 games in store and 32 online. I got a shit ton of Pokemon White/Black ver 2 and HeartGold/SoulSilver.  Also got two Twilight Princess for WiiU, a ton of Vita games, etc etc.  I'm going to be crazy busy this week,

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back