2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
ALSO:

+$50 Credit if you trade in ANY Switch, XBox1, PS4 system.

For Switches:

Base $150 for older +$50

Base $200 for newer +$50

For those who did B2G1Free when it worked for consoles, go from there.

Tell someone you love them today.

Does anyone have an elite account that I can use?  Mine expired and I converted to pro before I knew about renewing online to retain elite.

Does anyone have an elite account that I can use? Mine expired and I converted to pro before I knew about reviewing online to retain elite.
Transferring an account is a very personable experience. The other "person" is privy to personable information. Or the shared party can take control of the account.

I pity the fool that shares an account .. just say'in.

I hope you meant well with your question, but it can end badly for everyone except yourself.

So you're either naive or a con artist. I hope it's the former.

Switch values for all top tier games and BotW were accurate to the website and app about an hour ago in CT. Over 30 games at 2 stores that are near each other but in different districts I think.

Anyone know if the $5 bump on PS4 games typically stacks with the guaranteed $30 (Jedi falled order)? It do they consider those two different promos that wouldn't stack?

Transferring an account is a very personable experience. The other "person" is privy to personable information. Or the shared party can take control of the account.

I pity the fool that shares an account .. just say'in.

I hope you meant well with your question, but it can end badly for everyone except yourself.

So you're either naive or a con artist. I hope it's the former.
No, not a scammer. I have been on CAG for years and I just want to take advantage of Elite if at all possible. I am sure there is a way to replace all important account info with dummy info. I am sure someone way smarter than me can figure it out. I don't need access to the online account I just want to use the number/email to buy and trade in store.

I know there can be trust issues but just figured I would give it a shot since the elite program is going away in the spring. If anyone has any suggestions or experience with account sharing or transferring please let me know.

Thanks,

Switch values for all top tier games and BotW were accurate to the website and app about an hour ago in CT. Over 30 games at 2 stores that are near each other but in different districts I think.
Nintendo had reduced MSRP (edit) on many games ($39.99). Whether a vendor honored that price... (Honored by GameStop, WalMart, Target, Best Buy). Laughably, no vendor honored every part .. only certain games, then gave a doorbuster to sell games at COST ($30).

---

Well, derp, it's the reason they lowered the price ... Nintendo lowered the bar! ($39.99 MSRP).

DK : Tropical Freeze

Mario Ace Tennis

Mario Odyssey

Octopath Traveller

Splatoon 2

Zelda: BOWT

etc..

The original site was happyholidays.nintendo.com

Nintendo gave each retailer a break if they sell their "stuff" during the holiday weekend. (essentially.)

I'm not linking this site because they got hijacked / site FUBARED. Malicious scripts present, put it that way. Nintendo of America .. oh.

Go to this site carefully, nasty shit awaits. I have tools to block this kind of stuff.

The page won't load any longer unless I allow certain nefarious scripts to run. I saw the scripts, I'll walk away. Let it die.

---

Anyways, to flippers:

But Nintendo gave a list of 11 games they were discounting on price. These are the games NOT to bet on, as they are only going to go down value, once they become plentiful, and value diminishes

The full list of games to avoid was on about 30 pages ago. ~~ page 685 (IN THIS THREAD). GAMES TO AVOID.

I like the games that don't appear on the Nintendo list. There are some, and they will remain high value after the next price nerf. /peace

The TIV for the various first party Switch games seems to vary between Gamestops. I only had one with the lower TIV, and 3 others that had the higher base. So obviously I traded into to those. Just make sure you check as they are ringing you up. Some guys manually enter the value they see (ie - when i put in pro, the base values changed).
I had the same thing happen to me. First four stores the Switch amount was fine, but my last one was off by 8 dollars per game. Luckily I had a decent associate who look up the app prices & overrided the wrong ones.

Huh, trade price should be the same at every GS, even if it doesn't match the app they should match each other.

My TC online pickup experiment worked earlier. Then I got the bug and worked some flips in before putting up my tree. I should be in very good shape for the PS5 next year now.
Lucky you. Two of mine had games cancelled (one B2G1 and one B1G1). Thankfully it seems I was refunded back for the cancelled games but now I have to go to both stores just to pick up and return them.

Lucky you. Two of mine had games cancelled (one B2G1 and one B1G1). Thankfully it seems I was refunded back for the cancelled games but now I have to go to both stores just to pick up and return them.
This is because you went online to buy games, for pickup. It's fought with failure when you do this.

Anecdotally, I went to a far away GameStop ~40 miles away. The inventory said they had specific titles. 2 Titles I was looking for. I could not find them. When I asked -- they didn't own the titles.

I was in the area for personal business anyways, so no big loss.

But my takeaway was website/app =/= actual truth. I won't say they are lying, but I think the system is really old. They think they have more than they actually possess for sale.

This is a bit off-topic, but it has to do with deal searching, at least for me.

For the past week or so, if I try to look up a specific game, instead of showing me a list of stores with new/used inventory, it just shows a list of stores with "call store" instead of inventory.

Anyone know how I can actually look-up inventory? Trying to get 3 games I want, in person, with the buy 2 get 1 sale is really tough without the ability to look up games.

Thanks.

For those who have gone to stores, has the ps3 section been picked dry? Couldn't go yesterday or today, will for sure go tomorrow.

Might pick up control ps4 game with my $15 off.

For what it's worth, 7 of my 9 orders are shipped!

The other 2 are in limbo I suppose.  Maybe soon to be cancelled, since it's been almost 2 days.

I'll take 7 baby!

*dance*

Wow might pick up an S Jedi bundle from Kohl’s then after all cause it’d trade for $150 and I’d get the game and $60 K bucks for $50+tax

Does the trade value on the app include the $5 for Switch games or is it just the base?
base + $5.

Example: app says $4.80 ... trades for $9.80 store credit.

Users have reported a blackout period for the +$5 bonus. Don't trade in now, apparently.

There appears to be a down time, where no bonus exists.

HOWEVER ----

The Cyber Monday ad says it will be back effective 12.02.19. (In a couple days.) No end date, but realistically, 'til the next flyer comes out.

Trade your stuff in after the second day of December.

Oh yeah, it includes Switch, PS4, XB1 ..

Read the ad!! :)

There you go.

base + $5.

Example: app says $4.80 ... trades for $9.80 store credit.

Users have reported a blackout period for the +$5 bonus. Don't trade in now, apparently.

There appears to be a down time, where no bonus exists.

HOWEVER ----

The Cyber Monday ad says it will be back effective 12.02.19. (In a couple days.) No end date, but realistically, 'til the next flyer comes out.

Trade your stuff in after the second day of December.

Oh yeah, it includes Switch, PS4, XB1 ..

Read the ad!! :)

There you go.
You should lay off the alcohol.

its probably a UPS surepost package, which ups delivers to usps and usps delivers to you. they used to give you just the ups # and it would confuse everyone because the ups would show delivered when it was just dropped off at usps
It would be nice to know whether I'm getting it on December 2nd, or December 10th because that's a huge discrepancy. I also had Amazon cancel baldurs gate today, I guess they oversold it, which is also a pain bc GameStop requires $35 purchase to get free shipping.

It would be nice to know whether I'm getting it on December 2nd, or December 10th because that's a huge discrepancy. I also had Amazon cancel baldurs gate today, I guess they oversold it, which is also a pain bc GameStop requires $35 purchase to get free shipping.
People here are your personal punching bags. Tell us more.

Have never played a persona game so buy 5 now or hold out for the royal edition?
I'd probably just buy P5 now, considering it's so cheap. It's a great game and a new edition coming out won't change that. Also, the changes aren't likely to be anything worth spending a lot more money towards anyway

The structure of your posts and your ignorance over things you have said.
My structure changes =D

Structure.

My changes!! [see no Emoji]

---------

Ignorance.. please elaborate. I try to to be clear and concise.

Saw a pretty good condition white OLED vita (just a lil yellowing around the “outline” of the face button and dpad circles )

Are any firmwares good to go or should I be looking for one under a certain number? I could ask them to fire it up Sunday when crowds quieted down

Turned 250 TC into 830 + a couple games I wanted. Thank you guys! Also good flips are Wii sports, Wii sports resort, and Minecraft for 360 and PS3. Just watch out cause they can be heavily scratched.

Anyone else's orders still "Preparing for shipment"? Only 1 out of my 3 orders has a game shipped, and it isn't even the full order. Just weird since BB and Target basically shipped theirs out a couple hours after I ordered, and both these orders were put in over 2 days ago.

This is because you went online to buy games, for pickup. It's fought with failure when you do this.
Yeah...I ordered a B2G1 free online for store pickup and I got a cancellation email, then I got a ready for pickup email. I went to the store and they had the free game in new condition about to give it to me with a invoice that said $0.00. They said they didn't have the other 2 games in stock.

I stopped them to explain the situation and they said just keep the free game, but they did switch the new game with a used copy.

We'll see if I get a refund for the transaction in the next few days...I used trade credit.

Saw a pretty good condition white OLED vita (just a lil yellowing around the “outline” of the face button and dpad circles )

Are any firmwares good to go or should I be looking for one under a certain number? I could ask them to fire it up Sunday when crowds quieted down
Congrats. I noticed a scratch on the screen of the one that I bought on Thursday, but it works quite well. If I hold the Vita at a certain angle, I can't really see the scratch. And I probably would have tried to mod it if my original OLED hadn't bit the dust. What upset me is that Sony makes you deactivate all of your systems from your PSN account in order to remove a Vita that was previously on the account, so now I have to go back and add my PS4, both my PS3s, and my PS TV again.

But I can once again play Spelunky on a handheld, so I guess it was all worth it.

Does Gamestop give credit for Dreamcast or original Xbox systems?  I traded in an Xbox back when they first started retro trades and had bonuses for trading them in, but that's been a while.

For those who have gone to stores, has the ps3 section been picked dry? Couldn't go yesterday or today, will for sure go tomorrow.

Might pick up control ps4 game with my $15 off.
From what i saw across quite a few stores, the PS3 section was largely ignored by Friday'ers. Of course, the last-gen sections have been pretty stale and stagnant for a while now.

So the answer to your question would be : no more than usual.

I kinda want to get a keyboard next week (my current K key on Logitech Illuminated is getting stuck), any recommendations for value / price? I only play a few PC games these days. Was leaning towards the G213 at the moment (use a G502 wired at the moment)

Interested in the 50$ bonus on system trade in.

I have the original xbox 1, trade in value is 75$ 125$ with bonus. Unfortunately they dont have the fortnite purple xbox console near me.

But I'm eyeing the star wars white console bundle.
Being able to play 4k blurays is a plus too.

Anyone ever do a store pickup online order with GS? Or am I better off getting the games shipped?
You are much better getting them shipped, it's a crapshoot whether you'll get the games or they'll get cancelled as the websites store inventory is notoriously unreliable. If you use TC, it gets even worse as if your order is cancelled, it can take weeks to get that TC back and usually you have to call the help center and wait hours to be able to talk to someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back