2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Gamestop give credit for Dreamcast or original Xbox systems? I traded in an Xbox back when they first started retro trades and had bonuses for trading them in, but that's been a while.
The website is showing $15 in credit for a Dreamcast. I can't find the original Xbox in the listings.

Thinking about trading my original xbone for the S. Is the HDR support pretty noticeable in games? Also I'm assuming the $200 S bundles will go back up to $300 when the $50 trade in bonus starts?

Yeah...I ordered a B2G1 free online for store pickup and I got a cancellation email, then I got a ready for pickup email. I went to the store and they had the free game in new condition about to give it to me with a invoice that said $0.00. They said they didn't have the other 2 games in stock.

I stopped them to explain the situation and they said just keep the free game, but they did switch the new game with a used copy.

We'll see if I get a refund for the transaction in the next few days...I used trade credit.
I had the same thing happen to me. Only game that wasn't cancelled was Fire Emblem warriors. My guess is that it is because of the deal of the day. Not sure if it does not allow multiple promos to stack, hence why it cancelled the other two from the b2g1. Hopefully this isn't the case and just a mishap from ordering for store pickup.

Anyone ever do a store pickup online order with GS? Or am I better off getting the games shipped?
If you want the games immediately or didn't buy enough to qualify for free shipping, picking up is better. Despite the other response to this, I've never had any issues. If you can wait a couple days and have more than $35 worth of orders, you may as well ship it and not have to move.

Does anyone else get somewhat annoyed that when you order a new game for pick-up at a Gamestop the box is usually already opened? I've had it before where they take the disc out of a sleeve and then pop it into an empty box. They tell me it's new and that's just how they store games and there's nothing wrong with the game but it just seems like bad form when you order a new game and you see it already out of the box before you even have it in your hand.

geez, thought the buy 1 get 1 would be a good time to get ncaa football 14 cheap, but they have raised it to $70 used on 360 and $60 on ps3.

Does anyone else get somewhat annoyed that when you order a new game for pick-up at a Gamestop the box is usually already opened? I've had it before where they take the disc out of a sleeve and then pop it into an empty box. They tell me it's new and that's just how they store games and there's nothing wrong with the game but it just seems like bad form when you order a new game and you see it already out of the box before you even have it in your hand.
I think they do that so you cannot return it since it's considered opened at that point.

Well out of 25 orders they already messed up 3 out of 5. Not the best record so far. Customer service has a separate online order department now and they answered within 10 minutes. Hopefully this doesn't take forever to resolve.

Turned 250 TC into 830 + a couple games I wanted. Thank you guys! Also good flips are Wii sports, Wii sports resort, and Minecraft for 360 and PS3. Just watch out cause they can be heavily scratched.
Great job! I wish I had noticed Wii Sports sooner, I thought the value dropped again.

Got my 9 orders shipped finally. Was sweating bullets for awhile because some of them were broken up but everything seems to be on the way.

Coming back from my trip and decided to go to a mall gamestop and found some vita game's.

I've had issue's with the company but never an employee. Very rude to my wife when she asked where the vita title's were he and snapped saying i don't know look. Which set me off. The other employee grabbed them behind the register for us. (How can we look when you have them locked up)

How serious do they take the survey's because the other employee was amazing but the other one doesn't need a job.

So my order shipped friday and might be getting it today. It was within same state, so makes sense.

It's 10am and ups hasn't gone out for delivery yet, so I'm assuming monday.

Asking again: Does anyone else orders still show "Preparing for shipment"? Going on three days since I ordered them. Might just to into GS today and pickup some of them in case they get cancelled.

Any chance of trade values dropping tomorrow? I could get trade my extra Shenmue III to Best Buy for $25, or if values hold then I can take it to GS tomorrow for $27.

I am also curious if anyone knows
I remember someone saying a few weeks ago that they were able to get the 20% bonus when they ordered/picked up the Death Stranding LE PS4 Pro. If you could do that with the X1X then that would be a pretty good deal...although with Scarlett coming out next year some folks would question if it was worth it or not...just my two cents!

I remember someone saying a few weeks ago that they were able to get the 20% bonus when they ordered/picked up the Death Stranding LE PS4 Pro. If you could do that with the X1X then that would be a pretty good deal...although with Scarlett coming out next year some folks would question if it was worth it or not...just my two cents!
Thanks for the info, there's also a star wars Xbox one s for $200 which may be the better option at this point with the next box coming 2020

I've just had a weird itch to play Gears 4 & 5 and quantum break (beat control a couple weeks ago). Not sure if it's worth it for those 3 games though.

OK you guys can count me as one of those folks who is only getting $38.00 instead of $41.00 (elite pro +$5 bonus) on my top-tier switch games.  Mall GS said they couldn't update the price...and my home store I didn't even bother to ask because I was in a rush.

Looks like a lot of you are pushing back and showing the app, so I'm going to do that and force them to give me the price reflected.  The top-tier games are showing as $27.50 base instead of $30.00.  Probably lost out on about $15 over the past couple of days. 

Is anyone not getting the PUR points? I spent $400 on used games during the B1/B2G1F sales but my points are not updating.
My orders arent even updating. They've been "preparing for shipment" for 3 days. Seems like they're having trouble all around.

If anyone else bought a fortnite bundle / PlayStation Gold headset , check your receipts for the minty pickaxe code. Dumb manager told me I wasn't supposed to get the code since it wasn't eligible. Checked my receipt and seen it printed on there.

now i'm contemplating returning the headset, not sure if I want it since I hear the mic audio sucks. 

Anybody have part of their b2g1 or b1g1 order cancelled? I am wondering how gamestop is going to prorate the refund if they cancel 1 or 2 games for b2g1, or 1 of the games for b1g1...

Very confused. Just had an “auto issued reward certificate” on my account for -15000 points. Went to a store the morning but didn’t ask them do anything with my rewards. What’s going on?

Apparently one more game finally shipped and isnt expected to get here until..... December 9th LOL! Almost 2 weeks from order. GS easily has the worst shipping of any retailer. If the delivery date for this game took this long, I'm scared what the others will be. Probably wont be here till Christmas.

The only online to ship order so far, which I paid totally with PayPal, sent me an email saying it shipped... but it’s not in my order history on the website and entering the order number from the email says “doesn’t match”

My orders arent even updating. They've been "preparing for shipment" for 3 days. Seems like they're having trouble all around.
I was having that issue when the BF sales went live, some of my orders took 24 hours before showing up but everything seems faster now.

I typically don't see my points post on the weekends, usually do on Monday in my experience.
Ah, ok. Thought it was always pretty instant.

To off-set the posts of orders not yet shipping, mine all have tracking confirmations for arriving this week, and the Wednesday Switch deal of the day arrived today.  The Switch had a wonky tablet that wouldn't secure the left joycon when sliding it into place.  Swapped it out for another in-store, easy peasy.

Is the only way to get same day pick up in store throught the app? I did pick up from store through the website and the store is saying they never got the order and it might be shipped to the store.

Anyone know how to cancel a ship to store order?

Any problems ordering for store pick up with TC?
Haven't gotten anything for BF, wanted to pick up a couple things but don’t want to deal with any hassles or having to call CS. Anyone order online for store pick up have any issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back