2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually never order for store pick up unless it’s a game I can’t find at other GameStops. I feel like there’s more chances of receiving a generic case instore especially if the store has low stock of a specific game, they’d basically give you the display case with the game inside a sleeve which hasn’t been used but shouldn’t be labeled as “new”

Jesus, Gamestop is one shit show when it comes to online orders. Did many orders last night for store pickup and either they cancelled one of the games I paid for or cancelled the free game, causing so much confusion when my TC card would get billed. They also changed the way you check your trade credit, it looks more like a credit card statement now which is probably to combat flippers like us.

But anyway Gamestop cancelled one of the games I paid for in a B2G1 twice so I got 2 free games and cancelled the free game once which I just ended up returning to the store. For some reason when I returned the 2 games I got cash back and even more than what I paid for them so I guess it all works out?

Just surprised that Gamestop cannot figure for the life of them how to handle business electronically.

I have wanted to trade my PS4 Pro for a little bit now, but the TIV has been low. Even with the current extra $50, the value is $225. Will this be the new normal, or will the value go back up at some point?

I have wanted to trade my PS4 Pro for a little bit now, but the TIV has been low. Even with the current extra $50, the value is $225. Will this be the new normal, or will the value go back up at some point?
After the holidays it usually goes back up, but they will probably do some sort of trade promo when the PS5 comes out (if you can wait that long).

If anyone trades any Switch games in here soon, let us known if the $5 bonus is still active. I know the ad says the bonus isn't active until tomorrow for current gen games, but hopefully the Swotch is still getting it today since it was yesterday

Does the B1G1 work the same way at Gamestop stores as the B2G1, meaning if I buy two $20 games, two $15 games, and two $5 games I would get a $20 game, $15 game, and $5 game free rather than one $15 game and two $5 games free?

Does the B1G1 work the same way at Gamestop stores as the B2G1, meaning if I buy two $20 games, two $15 games, and two $5 games I would get a $20 game, $15 game, and $5 game free rather than one $15 game and two $5 games free?
Online, it will make cheapest games free no matter what. Instore they should understand and do each b2g1 how it should work.

Keep in mind - we’re in the holiday return period, so most everything can be returned through mid January as long as it’s in resellable condition.

How do returns for B2G1 games work? An example, I bought Three pre-owned games at $19.99 each, but I want to exchange out one of the games for another in store $19.99 game sometime next week. Can I just get store credit?

How do returns for B2G1 games work? An example, I bought Three pre-owned games at $19.99 each, but I want to exchange out one of the games for another in store $19.99 game sometime next week. Can I just get store credit?
Most stores will make you have to return 3 items and just get a refund for it all, since the promotion has ended, so they can't return and re-ring it up.

Depending on the staff, some stores will let you do a straight exchange as long as it's the same price, but that's YMMV, so really more of a know your GS staff.

The $5.00 Switch bonus applied to my trades today. I didn’t try any other systems, but I’m guessing those go into effect tomorrow.
I saw a sign at one Gamestop today, but when I went to another closer to me, they had no idea what I was talking about. Luckily, the promotion automatically applied, I traded in one Switch game...so it's on.

Stupid question does the weekly ad cover Cyber Monday or will they have a special ad for tomorrow?

Thanks
Should have a special ad, my guess is it will go up later tonight and deals around midnight. I doubt they will have anything amazing compared to the BF ad, but I am hoping for the 20% off electronics they had last year.

Does GameStop sell amazon cards? And if so can you buy them with credit? Was gonna convert some switch games to digital.
They sell them but you can't use credit on them. Last I've heard you can use rewards points in store to buy them, but thats it. You can however buy games to trade in to Amazon (now is a great time with the b2g1 deal, check the Amazon trade thread if interested.)

It just looks really bad. Worse than a QB clone. Havent heard a word about the story which means there likely isnt one and from the videos I've seen it looks like it has a very dark, lifeless color palette.
Wtf game are you even reviewing? Not Control. It has an awesome story, nice mechanics, and other than the section in a black rock quarry where of course everything is black, i found the graphics bright and realistic. I loved my time with it. I felt like it was a steal at $28

So I went back tonight to trade in a couple more redbox games and see if i missed any games on Thursday.  Kid at the counter told me he'd have to charge me a refurb fee because the games didn't have the cases. I audibly snorted and asked him when that policy started. he looked at the other guy working who shrugged his shoulders in what I guess was agreement. I asked if it had to be ANY case or the original case and he stuttered and said "uhh, usually the original case".   I had just traded in loose games the night before at another store, where they gave me a hard time about it but in a fun way because I know them, so I knew he was full of shit. But I let it go. His DM will hear about it.  I always thought the stories here about dipshit employees were blown out of proportion because I've had such good luck overall.  but this kid made me realize that I've probably just been lucky.

Btw, also managed to snag a B2G1 of Astral Chain, Links Awakening and Luigis Mansion tonight. :)

So I went back tonight to trade in a couple more redbox games and see if i missed any games on Thursday. Kid at the counter told me he'd have to charge me a refurb fee because the games didn't have the cases. I audibly snorted and asked him when that policy started. he looked at the other guy working who shrugged his shoulders in what I guess was agreement. I asked if it had to be ANY case or the original case and he stuttered and said "uhh, usually the original case". I had just traded in loose games the night before at another store, where they gave me a hard time about it but in a fun way because I know them, so I knew he was full of shit. But I let it go. His DM will hear about it. I always thought the stories here about dipshit employees were blown out of proportion because I've had such good luck overall. but this kid made me realize that I've probably just been lucky.
Btw, also managed to snag a B2G1 of Astral Chain, Links Awakening and Luigis Mansion tonight. :)
In these situations always just bring up the app, search for the game you are trading and right below it states that if you don't have the game box, no problem it's the same value.

Show them that and it quickly shuts them up.

In these situations always just bring up the app, search for the game you are trading and right below it states that if you don't have the game box, no problem it's the same value.

Never even noticed that. They also could have shown the numerous generic cases they probably had on the shelves in the pre-owned sections.

Never even noticed that. They also could have shown the numerous generic cases they probably had on the shelves in the pre-owned sections.
Yeah, go ahead and ask them if you can get a "doesn't have it's original case discount" the next time they tell you that a refurb fee will be charged. That should shut them up as well...and don't get me started on the whole "we opened this but it's still BRAND NEW" bull$hit they try to pull every once in a while.

arguing with the kid was going to get me nowhere, and i knew i had to go to the other store anyways. the DM already knows about it now. I trade in a LOT of games, I had $900 in trade credit the last time they offered the $5 bonus on everything over $2. Hell i traded in redbox games on wednesday with no problem. But i've had issues with this turd before so I just bit my tongue and let him dig himself a hole.

So bought megaman x collection used on ps4 and anthem. X collection was hard to find and OOS online.

X came out to $2.69 after my $15 off cert and 10%. Anthem $3.59 after 10%. Total 6.88 after taxes.

Was suggested to find another game for for b2g1, but ps4 hardly has games under $5, so passed on it.

Shouldve bought games to flip. Ton of money to be had this week. Debated on getting The Godfather 1 and 2 for $20 with cases since my local store had them but decided against it. Ended up doing one last B2G1 and B1G1 with IW Legacy Edition, Nioh, and FC New Dawn (to trade back in) and an almost pristine Mass Effect 1 case to trade in my black case along with Sniper GW 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back