2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theyll should still honor the prices in store right? Cant imagine they fix all the prices instore just to have them available online.

You can still search on the app with the usual things like 9.99 or less filters etc and then when you know what you want punch it in in the desktop bar like someone mentioned above

Oddly these were some of the smoothest transactions I’ve ever had from GS.

Looks like all the BF system bundles are back in stock for CM. Prices probably would be the same in store but the slim PS4 and Jedi S might truly be sold out.

What days does gamestop change trade in prices? Also whats the most before you get trade banned I think i read on here 2000 or 2500 within 30 days?

How do returns for B2G1 games work? An example, I bought Three pre-owned games at $19.99 each, but I want to exchange out one of the games for another in store $19.99 game sometime next week. Can I just get store credit?
Will only work if the promo is still going on next week, as the GS employee will essentially do a return/rebuy. You won't get credit for the return.

the PSVR 5 game bundle back in stock today with same price and $25 coupon. i got one yesterday and tested out last night, gave me motion sickness after a few mins of play. only played RIGS that was free on PS Plus.

the PSVR 5 game bundle back in stock today with same price and $25 coupon. i got one yesterday and tested out last night, gave me motion sickness after a few mins of play. only played RIGS that was free on PS Plus.
I can't play the fast-paced games or anything that has me moving automatically "on rails", but the slower stuff I'm ok with. Try the demo to something like Batman and see how you are with it.

8am est and the B1G1 &  B2G1 still seem to be working online.    Will be hitting a GS at 10 so fingers crossed for the deal still being  in stores.  

Are we still able to use gamestop gift cards to boy xbox live credit? Debating about the dollar general deal going on.

Extremely peculiar occurrence this morning. I ordered jump force :ps4: for in-store pickup this morning. It is $18.99 pre-owned and I have a pro membership. But somehow I got elite discount. With cag16 stack and tax I was charged $13.xx. I’m not complaining but I have no explanation as to why this happened 🤷‍♂️

so, is the extra $50 for console trade ins starting today? $125 for an OG xbox one seems really good, thought they would drop the values, hell they were (still are?) selling them for $100

What do I need for a complete Switch trade in?

System
Dock
Power cable
HDMI cord?
Joy Con
Joy Con grip

Joy con straps
Thanks. Is there anything I should know about before switching consoles? I assume all my saves are automatically backed up? I've heard that some games like Dark Souls, Let's Go Pokémon, and I think Splatoon don't transfer?

Thanks. Is there anything I should know about before switching consoles? I assume all my saves are automatically backed up? I've heard that some games like Dark Souls, Let's Go Pokémon, and I think Splatoon don't transfer?
You have to do a system transfer from the old system to the new system right in the store. If you are not getting a new Switch at that time I think saves for those games are lost.

They should transfer if you'redoing a system transfer but a bunch of games dont have the easy cloud save method like Splatoon and the Pokemon games. You would need both consoles at the same time for a full transfer. Usually the Gamestop employees can help you out with it if you're doing a trade up.

A store leader confirmed to me that the $5 trade in promotion will last at least until the 14th. He mentioned that they’re running low on stock due to the B2G1 promotion, so they’re trying to get more trades to replenish their stock.

How nice. Just realized that the guy with light blue painted nails behind the desk last night gave me the regular disc instead of Infinite Warfare instead of the Legacy Edition. SM was helping another customer at the time who insanely wanted the same thing, and the guy helping me didnt communicate to him at all. If they dont have a legacy copy idk what happens now.

So how do you do reviews? Never done one before.

How nice. Just realized that the guy with light blue painted nails behind the desk last night gave me the regular disc instead of Infinite Warfare instead of the Legacy Edition. SM was helping another customer at the time who insanely wanted the same thing, and the guy helping me didnt communicate to him at all. If they dont have a legacy copy idk what happens now.

So how do you do reviews? Never done one before.
Just go in and say "hey, you gave the wrong version"; I've had to do things like this when associates slot in a copy of Shin Megami Tensei IV instead of SMT Strange Journey or other things like that. So long as you have the receipt and are upfront about it, they've never given me lip about it; easier to just get you out of their hair rather than raise a stink. Should be able to get a return on it.

Can confirm, B2G1 still going in store as well as 5 dollar bonus on Switch games. That may well have been my last elite Pro flip...(sniff). Good times.
Unless they've fixed it, you can wait until your Elite Pro expires and then buy a Pro renewal online and it'll give you Elite Pro back. I learned about it on here and did it a few weeks ago and I've seen other people on here have done it as well and have succeeded in getting their Elite Pro back by that method

You use the numbers on the sales receipt. I've had a few times they gave me either the wrong game or even no game, and every time they took care of it. It should leave a discrepancy in their inventories (if they've done them right).
Thanks, I'll definitely do that this time. Just went in there and the girl switched it out no problem and took my 8 games in, although she looked absolutely miserable as soon as I walked in the store with my stack.

Thanks, I'll definitely do that this time. Just went in there and the girl switched it out no problem and took my 8 games in, although she looked absolutely miserable as soon as I walked in the store with my stack.
Probably had more to do with you than your trade-ins.

When did gamestop get so stingy about refurbish fees. Went to trade in an xbox one and got hit with a $20 refurbish fee because it was dusty. Are these employees getting reprimanded for taking in subpar items? Or kick backs for getting us to sell for less?

When did gamestop get so stingy about refurbish fees. Went to trade in an xbox one and got hit with a $20 refurbish fee because it was dusty. Are these employees getting reprimanded for taking in subpar items? Or kick backs for getting us to sell for less?
The first one is true, the latter is just you being salty.

But it's mainly YMMV with employees. Sometimes, you just get a shitty employee, which seems fairly common in this thread, though I've yet to had to deal with more than just the one at the stores around me.

First batch of b2g1 pre-owned came in today ace combat 7, Castlevania bloodlines , and deblob 2 switch all game complete with cases. As an added bonus my new copy of city skylines switch came sealed!

honestly dusty, dirty etc should have a fee. Why take in a system dirty and expect to get the most out of it. having worked their years back it blew my mind how many people went in there with filthy systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back