2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope they hold...transferring data to the new One X and planned to dump the S tomorrow.
Same. I was in the store tonight trying to trade mine in, but the guy said he didn't have enough time to finish testing it. In this case, do you think they'd still honor the price even if it did tank?

Turned $300 into $750 in just 4 hours! So many good flips with this promo, putting in my last orders tonight so I can make one last flip tomorrow. Is this the final goodbye to Elite?😢

Fake carts are lighter in color, lack the radio port to communicate with the pokewalker and the sticker also looks odd. It's almost impossible to tell unless you know what you're looking for, which is why I'm not surprised gamestop took so many fakes.

I really hope the 4 for $20 values don't tank to $1.75 tomorrow. Today was just the tip of the iceberg. Spent $220 at one store to trade in for $454 at the next. This is the last hurrah before everything goes to shit.
JhDyqjb.jpg

If you try the UPS tracking site:

https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_US

Then paste your tracking number there, perhaps that might be helpful.

BTW if you create a free account, I think that gets you also 1% back (10 points per dollar - essentially 1% of what you spend). Also having access to the website that controls your order is nifty :)
Thanks. I don’t think that UPS tracking will tell me the contents of the package though. That’s up to Gamestop and I’ve received no info on that package shipment.

Hello. I cleared my account on my original xbox one. Planning on trading it in tomorrow and upgrade to xbox s model.

I want to make the process of trading the system fast, i booted up the xbox and its requiring me to log in with an account before i can get to the dashboard. How will gamestop check to see if the xbox works, since an account is required to be logged in to load up a game?

Always been curious, can't GS employees search/see your transaction history when you punch in your PUR number? I always get a little uneasy if they notice I've traded in the same set of flips across 3 nearby GSs and they see they are the 4th heh. 

Always been curious, can't GS employees search/see your transaction history when you punch in your PUR number? I always get a little uneasy if they notice I've traded in the same set of flips across 3 nearby GSs and they see they are the 4th heh.
They can but the average employee doesn't care, especially if you're friendly and chat with them. This time of year is really rough on them.

There's one manager in my area who looks at my transaction history, but after I complained about him to corporate, he only makes snide remarks ("Oh, buying a 4th copy of God of War, I see") rather than refusing to do his job and accept my trades.

Does anyone have a list of games they traded in that they can post? Or a receipt?

Also, is the extra $5 working with last generation as well? 3DS, PS3, etc...

Thanks!

I really hope the 4 for $20 values don't tank to $1.75 tomorrow. Today was just the tip of the iceberg. Spent $220 at one store to trade in for $454 at the next. This is the last hurrah before everything goes to shit.
JhDyqjb.jpg
Do you mind sharing the list of games you bought/traded in? Would really help me (us) out today, thanks!

How the hell do I order the deal of the day for store pickup? It let's me choose my store but never let's me select it...? None of the stores say available but I know damn well it is.

Edit: it says pickup from store unavailable but shows it as in stock. Way to be gamestop.

Did you check every game to make sure they gave it to you? My store forgot to give me one of my games (empty case) and I only bought 3 games.
I did. Friend of mine works there and he and I verified them all. Took a while though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So does anybody know why nothing is available for store pickup?

At checkout it says all items are available for pickup at this store but they won't swap to pickup. Ffs this is obnoxious. Do I have to wait for 10 for them to open?

So does anybody know why nothing is available for store pickup?

At checkout it says all items are available for pickup at this store but they won't swap to pickup. Ffs this is obnoxious. Do I have to wait for 10 for them to open?
Gamestop probably turned off the pick-up-at-store functionality for Black Friday and hasn't turned it back on yet.

Ah man that really ruins the deal of the day for me :( thank you.
Here's how to do it.

1. Search store inventory using the GS app to identify a store that has the new / preowned version you want in stock
2. using web broser, set your home store (top right of browser) to the store that has what you want in stock
3. go to the item page - it will now let you add to cart and check out with a store pickup order

Got my Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver today, and the Heartgold is real and the soulsilver is fake lol
the good news is, when you to return it to a store, like i did with the bootleg i got, the guy behind the counter may try to give you the full value for it, and not the $25 you actually paid.

Here's how to do it.
1. Search store inventory using the GS app to identify a store that has the new / preowned version you want in stock
2. using web broser, set your home store (top right of browser) to the store that has what you want in stock
3. go to the item page - it will now let you add to cart and check out with a store pickup order
Ah man thank you I will remember this for next time. I ended up getting a used copy of outer worlds for $26 after coupons so I could get the other game shipped. Hopefully it has the case.

Is there a 4/20 going on I am wondering how everyone is doing these flips when you can't do store pick up for these deals of the day.
There are a good 150+ games that are flippable with the 4/20. You don't need to do store pick up just buy it for $4.00 each and trade them in for $7-11.20 each. Granted you probably won't find some of the games like Hello Neighbor, Snoopy's Grand Adventure and others in store many of the more common titles are goodss

A bunch of values dropped to $1.50 or $1.80 base this morning according to the app so better check before you guys go crazy buying stuff to flip. Also Gamestop definitely has people who lurk this site so posting precise details of what you're flipping and how much you've flipped is usually a surefire way to kill the deal.

A bunch of values dropped to $1.50 or $1.80 trade values this morning according to the app so better check before you guys go crazy buying stuff to flip. Also Gamestop definitely has people who lurk this site so posting precise details of what you're flipping and how much you've flipped is usually a surefire way to kill the deal.
Gamestop executive : "don't worry sir we have one of our best guys covering the website. His name is Dave. A real pro at turning dog shit into pre owned puppy leftovers"

Also Gamestop definitely has people who lurk this site so posting precise details of what you're flipping and how much you've flipped is usually a surefire way to kill the deal.
I hear you, but at the end of the day, we should be willing to share info with fellow CAGers. "Deals" are always going to be killed, and new ones will always be discovered. Otherwise, what are we here for? Bragging rights?

I guess I may be out of the loop on the new Gamestop website, but I can't find a way to pay with a trade credit gift card.  What am I missing?

EDIT: Nevermind.  I totally missed the giftcard hyperlink.

I hear you, but at the end of the day, we should be willing to share info with fellow CAGers. "Deals" are always going to be killed, and new ones will always be discovered. Otherwise, what are we here for? Bragging rights?
That’s exactly what one person in this topic is here for.

Oh I hear you. I'm all for sharing deals, I just prefer keeping the exact details to private messages so the lurking deal killers don't have a chance to ruin it as quickly. Or so it doesn't hit slick deals for that matter.

Oh I hear you. I'm all for sharing deals, I just prefer keeping the exact details to private messages so the lurking deal killers don't have a chance to ruin it as quickly. Or so it doesn't hit slick deals for that matter.
^ This.

Do we need posts with miles long receipts? Hand holding to the finest detail?

Couldn't we just say the the 4/$20 deal has plenty of potential and let people do a little work on their own.

Anyone experience issues where certain games over $2 don’t add the $5 bonus? Last $5 bonus had a few games doing this and I had to go to a couple stores before finding someone who would add the $5 manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone experience issues where certain games over $2 don’t add the $5 bonus? Last $5 bonus had a few games doing this and I had to go to a couple stores before finding someone who would add the $5 manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt seem to have an issue yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back