2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right. That's why the guy you quoted traded in 24 games. So that's $72 profit minimum. More in his case since he is Elite and only pays $16 per 4 games.

You know minimum wage is still $7.25 in some states?

Right. That's why the guy you quoted traded in 24 games. So that's $72 profit minimum. More in his case since he is Elite and only pays $16 per 4 games.

You know minimum wage is still $7.25 in some states?
Texas and they charge tax on trade credit purchases to.

Unless I'm missing something, unless you go sperg mode and buy as many of the $5 games you can in your area, this doesnt seem worth it at all. If you pay $20 for 4 base $3 games, you're only profiting $12 in GS money. I mean if you're really hurting for cash I guess? But it really seems like more trouble than what its worth.
It’s $16 for 4 games with elites.
($3+$5)*4= $32
=$16 in profit, plus rewards points

These are the most common PS4/Xbox games, so I was to able to do find 16 games without looking hard. Could do more easily. $64 and rewards for a single flip is awesome.

Just not my holiday year. Gamestop/UPS shipment of Resident Evil 2 and DMC 5 apparently stolen off my front porch. Either that, or the driver still has ‘em. For some reason, the package containing Trine Collection for the Switch was left unharmed on my porch. Guess thieves don’t like puzzle platformers? Oh well....someone will get to enjoy two great games. I hope they have a wonderful time.

Well I'm about to do something I don't often find need for, rant about a horrible experience at GS. Warning: Don't bother with their layaway program, ever.

Last month I canned my layaway for the PS4 Fortnite Neo Versa Bundle in favor of picking up the Only on PlayStation bundle during BF. During the same visit I also canned my pre-order of NFS Heat on XB1. I had the total balance from that which was $37.20 applied to a NSW Lite layaway order and added another $10. I'm thinking everything is set because it's on hold and I can pick it when I pay it off in a few weeks.

Fast forward to today and I get the brutal lesson that the GS layaway program is completely useless. I go to the store to pay it off and find out they did not set one aside for a layaway order. The rotten cherry on top, they don't have the color I picked (turquoise) in stock. Stupid me, I pay it off anyway even though I should've just waited. The guy helping me proceeds to tell me that once they get in stock again they'll call me. When they do just bring the receipt showing that I paid it off. Who knows when that will be...

Moral of the story, I'm never using GS for layaway on gaming items again. I also made up my mind that I'm not going back to that particular store after this either. Since the SL and ASL have been let go or moved to other stores, the vibe has totally changed. I am going back tomorrow and cancelling it. Just tell them forget it and had I known that this was going to happen I never would've put it on layaway in the first place.

/rant

I traded in 27 games today at Store B and was hit with a refurb fee on Mad Max. I took it back to Store A where I bought it from to get an exchange but I did not have a receipt. The cashier said I could only trade it in and then she charged me a refurb fee. The irony is that she just sold me the game in bad condition. I did not know that they charge tax on refurb fees. I should have asked for a lower price on the game when I was buying it, since it was damaged. I am not mad because it was a flip anyway. Lesson is to not buy scratched up games.
even with the refurb fee you were getting more on the trade in than you paid for it. why did you not have a receipt for a game you just bought though?
I just bought a Knack and when i went to flip it it was scratched but i still made more money after refurb than I would if I returned it,so why would I do that?

Sounds like Gamestop. It's the same logic they use to sell some people's preorders out from under them in some districts...the idea that it's better to make a sale now and roll the dice they'll get another one before you come to get yours.
So much this! I should have known better than to do a layaway there with that failed logic. Unfortunately the guy that helped me today is going to take a hit to his numbers when I cancel it. It was a different employee that helped me set up the layaway for the Switch Lite a few weeks ago.

btw, there are still good redbox flips right now. borderlands, crash racing, presumably mortal kombat and maybe PvZ but do your own homework :)

if you dont want to hear about the sticker on the redbox games, put some Goo Gone on the sticker, let it sit for a couple minutes, dry it off, then hit it with a  hairdryer while you peel it off. it may come off in 2 pieces, it may come off in 50 pieces, but it will come off without hurting anything.

I see a lot of folks saying "do the work on your own," and while I do agree, it helped me out a lot since I didn't have the time (at that moment) to do some basic research because of my work schedule.  I was, however, able to take that list after work and go to my home store and get 32 games to flip at another store.  So thank you to avenger for the info.

I'm not sure if loose links sink ships in this thread (I haven't been around a long time so who knows), but it is definitely a possibility.  Guess I'll just have to DM folks in the future so we don't upset the balance in this deal thread.

On another note, every game I got didn't dip under the $2.00 minimum like some pointed out...so hopefully others out there flipping today were able to pull it off successfully.  Unfortunately, Hello Neighbor games did ring up higher, so I had him put them back because when he manually adjusted them to 8.99 it didn't trigger the bonus.  

I'm all for sharing info. The spreadsheets were great back in the day. But the flamboyant posts and the spelling out of every title gets GS attention much faster than sharing info. This round is also pretty straight forward as it's tough to miss something of some value. When the info is shared and then we get the posts that basically ask the community to do every ounce of work for them over and over it's basically waving a "hey GameStop, over here!" Flag.

There's definitely a difference between helping and doing all the work for someone.

A little effort goes a long way is all.
Fair enough, but I wasn't necessarily defending the people who aren't putting in any work, just those who are new and/or trying to participate and in turn, will pay it forward.

But all that said, after further reflection, I think I should just respect how you all operate since I'm no longer part of the GameStop game. I appreciate when others do help, but no need for me to comment anymore on it. I'll just try to help when I can and let everything else be.

Son of a gun...my flippable games are supposed to get here tomorrow or the next day so I hope values hold. It's so easy to hit the trade cap with all these so I hope everyone is being careful.

First BF in a while that I entirely skipped Gamestop. Between their past mistakes with my online orders and other retailers beating them on price this year, I saw no reason to go there. Unfortunately, there's nothing on the older gen I wanted much, either, and frankly, selection for those older consoles near me is pretty much totally picked dry, and has been for some time.
On Thanksgiving I walked right by the GameStop near my parents. There were like 5 customers in the store. I didn't even go inside. Nothing I wanted this year other then a PS4 controller which I picked up the Monday before Thanksgiving. Sales start earlier in the week for the controller so I avoided the "rush" of Thanksgiving or BF.

For those who need further evidence of the 4 for 10 and 5 for 20, here's the sign that stores are supposed to put up, and you can see the date in the bottom right corner confirming start date as Dec 02.

1Sp8kOK.jpg

If your store is telling you they have no idea what they're talking about, it's really them who has no idea what they're talking about, which isn't that much of a stretch.

Flipped 28 games from the list above for $100 profit. It took the one employee over an hour to pull all the games and about 5 minutes to trade them back in. On a positive note, I got a steelbook for CoD WWII and GT Sport, and got the soundtrack for Dark Souls 3.

Since its time for gifting, are we able to buy iTunes Gift Cards with trade credit? (I can't seem to find that image). Apparently my nephew plays something called Brawlstars.  :oldman:

Flipped 28 games from the list above for $100 profit. It took the one employee over an hour to pull all the games and about 5 minutes to trade them back in. On a positive note, I got a steelbook for CoD WWII and GT Sport, and got the soundtrack for Dark Souls 3.
Why did it take an hour to buy the games? It's a lot of games to pull out, but still shouldn't have taken that long unless they were doing other tasks or helping other people.

Bro wtf

That’s dumb as crap to do that in the same store

The definition of having absolutely no self respect.

One good story from this weekend. Went into a store and just before I got there someone had traded in a Duke Nukem Balls of Steel CE. Turns out the seasonal took it in without the game so the associate just gave it to me. Free bust of the duke baby.

Got my sega genesis today, it was in a big box with ZERO packing, it was about 1/18 of the box just flying around in there, hope its not broken.

4 for 20 9.99 and below, and 4 for 10 4.99 and below active instore. Some of the ps4 hits games are still 8.99 pre-owned. Also picked up the og xbox one for $99.99 and also includes a free year of prp. Showed up as $89.99 for the xbox and $10 for the prp.
Lol. I was in the hood last night getting b2g1 switch games and 4for20 to flip. In walks this guy who purchased a xbone for I believe 179.99 the week before, apparently it had some issues. So he goes to exchange it. They return it at the 179.99 price and then they tell him that its now $99.99 cause of the black friday sale and that he gets a prp. Dude was ecstatic. Hes like "dam yall savin me money up in this bitch, word fam?, shiiiiii". "Yo man here's $5 for looking out, thats the weed money right there boi".

Doesnt matter. Sounds like he bought the games with steel books and kept them. Scum move.
really dude? what kind of logic are you using?

he paid for the items. once he purchased the items he is 100% the owner and has a right to trade or sell them the way he wants to.

really dude? what kind of logic are you using?
he paid for the items. once he purchased the items he is 100% the owner and has a right to trade or sell them the way he wants to.
"Heh, look at my kewl steelbook for this game I dont own!" *he says to his sperg friends in the basement*

You are just as big a loser for defending him. It makes you look even more like a goofball if he really did exchange it at the same store, because then he really never "owned" it.

So now it's time to wonder...will they continue this even tomorrow? Even if the Sony games go off sale there are lots of options left potentially. Makes me wonder if they fired the wrong web guy or something.

While I don't think GS is in immediate danger I am thinking that the ship is sinking faster than most people know. I don't think they will have a good holiday season. They will be saved by all the hours they are cutting and other such moves but the year over year sales will look pretty bad IMO. Only one store looked near as busy as it was last year over the weekend in my area.
Considering the Homefront/Killzone/Evolve flip earlier this year lasted 4 days, there is a very real possibility that it lasts through tomorrow or even Thursday. Inflating their numbers for shareholders is important to them if their holiday season is not strong. This promotion can artificially boost both their pre-owned sales and trade-in metric. Of course, all of this might just be wishful thinking, but having both promotions overlap like this seems like a major oversight.

"Heh, look at my kewl steelbook for this game I dont own!" *he says to his sperg friends in the basement*

You are just as big a loser for defending him. It makes you look even more like a goofball if he really did exchange it at the same store, because then he really never "owned" it.
😭
Joke's on you, obviously I don't have any friends. P.S. Of course I traded them in at another store.

Good new / bad news.

God of War base trade is now $8 but retail price is $18.99.

Other games changed as well.

The party may be over.

EDIT:  At least on the App.  Web is still showing lower price and lower trade value. 

Also odd that when I save the $8 base trade value to my saved trades it then shows the $5 value.

Good new / bad news.

The party may be over.

EDIT: At least on the App. Web is still showing lower price and lower trade value.

Also odd that when I save the $8 base trade value to my saved trades it then shows the $5 value.
Lots of others have apparently changed as well. Although all the changed ones I've seen are bumped to either $7 or $8, which might mean the app is bugged. If not and they're changed, that's awesome. End up trading in my copies of GoW and Bloodborne for $14 that I dont plan on playing soon and that I paid $10 for, along with Horizon ZD and some others I held off on.

He 100 percent owned it. Your logic is stupefying.

New DotD!!!

Socks

Socks

Socks

SocksSocks

Socks

Socks

SocksSocks

SocksSocksSocksSocks

Socks

Socks

Socks

Wallet

Wallet

HAT!

SocksSocks

Socks

Socks

Socks

Socks

and Cities: Skylines Parklife Edition PS4/XB1 for $17

Even without the Sony titles, this promo is still awesome. But I'm glad to see I'm not the only one getting super slow employees pulling games out of the drawers. I'm just getting 12-16 at a time now and moving onto the next store.

Good new / bad news.

The party may be over.

EDIT: At least on the App. Web is still showing lower price and lower trade value.

i think it's showing cash values rather than store credit values. seems to match up for me. (the $5 offer isn't valid towards cash trades anyways)

well, looks like i can actually make some money trading in the 4 extra copies of $10 ps4 GH games i bought during BF to get 20% cashback on. was planning on just returning the other copies to amazon, but now i can turn $44 of games into $47 of store credit. not the most insane profit, but i also made $8 back in cash on top of it.

I stacked the Black Friday BTGO with the CAG16 promo code and the PayPal "$5 off $25" offer to get three twenty-dollar 3DS games for $37 after tax and shipping. One of the games they sent me was wrong (another game from the same series that I also happened to want, but still wrong), and the solution that customer service arrived at was to refund me the purchase price of that game while letting me keep it... bringing the total I paid down to $19.83.

I got three games for less than the price of one.

I stacked the Black Friday BTGO with the CAG16 promo code and the PayPal "$5 off $25" offer to get three twenty-dollar 3DS games for $37 after tax and shipping. One of the games they sent me was wrong (another game from the same series that I also happened to want, but still wrong), and the solution that customer service arrived at was to refund me the purchase price of that game while letting me keep it... bringing the total I paid down to $19.83.

I got three games for less than the price of one.
Did you call or email? I had the same thing happen with a Switch game I ordered. I can't be too mad because admittedly the cartridges are tiny, making some of the titles difficult to read. I'm just tired of this happening seemingly every time I order a Switch game from them.

Did you call or email? I had the same thing happen with a Switch game I ordered. I can't be too mad because admittedly the cartridges are tiny, making some of the titles difficult to read. I'm just tired of this happening seemingly every time I order a Switch game from them.
Email... or rather, their "contact us" form. I also called, but at some point during the hour and ten minutes that I was on hold, the problem was resolved, so if you're going to get support that's the way to go. It's also a lot easier to copy/paste a sixteen-digit order number than trying to read and say it out loud.

Wanna kick myself for not taking advantage of the Sony games that are now worth $11+ when flipped but I'm not a psychic in knowing the trade value was gonna go up rather than down the next day. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back