2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
..How can anybody really be surprised in 2019 about GameStop's "new" bullshit?
I'm used to it "in-store". Didn't think they'd actually pull the same gabage with a new game purchase made via online shipping, where you have no option to decline getting an opened “new” game as you can when in the physical store. Returned it to a store tonight for store credit. The manager told me that every time GS asks his store to ship a new game to someone and there's only the unsealed copy left, he refuses. Wish more were like him.

My elite pro expires today. Does the online renewal still work? If so, do I renew digital or physical?
Still works last time I checked. Tried it for myself a couple weeks ago and boom, magic. Just wait for it to revert to normal unpaid then chose the digital GI option.

Question- what's the best way to deal with a missing game in a package? I receive a package which was supposed to have a Vita game but only received an empty case for the Vita game. 

i tried calling the help line but after being on hold for like 1 and 10 minutes, it just disconnected. I know this CS has been non-existent over the past year or two but was hoping it got better due to recent updates. 

Question- what's the best way to deal with a missing game in a package? I receive a package which was supposed to have a Vita game but only received an empty case for the Vita game.

i tried calling the help line but after being on hold for like 1 and 10 minutes, it just disconnected. I know this CS has been non-existent over the past year or two but was hoping it got better due to recent updates.
I'm with you brother. I had questions about a shipped order on Monday...sent an email to their orders dept and still, no response, 4 days later. I also called, as you did, put on hold for 40+ minutes and then it was disconnected. The next time I called, I put in for a call back. 45 minutes later, someone called me back and said 'not my department...let me transfer you'. Put on hold for another 45 minutes, then the call disconnected again. And we wonder why this company is in shambles. They likely aren't prioritizing any form of customer service.

I don’t think they are doing them any more. There wasn’t one last quarter
There was one in September. Its reasonable to assume they didn't do one this quarter because of black Friday. if they don't do prestige day theres really no friggin point is there?

I also had one employee who had to adjust the entire thing because of one game, but they did it without issue. It's really not too much to ask of a company that they honor their own prices. Glad you were able to get in on some of this.
Wait wtf are you guys getting adjusted??

Probably stuff like hello neighbor and the PS4 GH games that still have thier old $8.99 tags. I have to take my receipt back tomorrow and see if they will adjust. One store didn't give me the 10% edge bonus on trade in, another store adjusted Hello Neighbor's price but the 4 for $20 bonus didn't kick in.

Yeah they messed up on one my b2g1 orders, received the standard version of Kingdom Come: Deliverance instead of the royal edition. At least the gamestop on my way home had one in stock pre-owned and was able to swap it out.

Yeah they messed up on one my b2g1 orders, received the standard version of Kingdom Come: Deliverance instead of the royal edition. At least the gamestop on my way home had one in stock pre-owned and was able to swap it out.
Same here and same game. I had to call for a replacement that I'm still waiting on along with a credit refund that was supposed to come because they gave an instore order that I paid for to somebody else.

Although I was pretty surprised that from my 5 orders, only Kingdom Come deliverance was wrong. It came in a generic box that looks like somebody wrote ROYAL EDITION on. Everything else looked new and complete.

I found another 2 copies of Wii Sports and Resort at the thrift store and their still $12 tiv, the Psychonauts VR I picked up for 4/$20 turned out to be the LRG release, and picked up another steelbook in Just Cause 3. This past week has been awesome.

I'm used to it "in-store". Didn't think they'd actually pull the same gabage with a new game purchase made via online shipping, where you have no option to decline getting an opened “new” game as you can when in the physical store. Returned it to a store tonight for store credit. The manager told me that every time GS asks his store to ship a new game to someone and there's only the unsealed copy left, he refuses. Wish more were like him.
Yeah, its gotten to the point for me that I just hope and pray that Amazon price matches any new items on sale at Gamestop. You may get it slightly crushed from Amazon in a bubble mailer, but at least you are getting a sealed and unused copy.

The 4 for $10 and 4 for $20 are working online now. CAG16 and edge discount aren't stacking with it though.
Thanks for posting this, ended up ordering 12 games. The selection in stores have been terrible.

I am to scared to risk any 4/20 online orders good luck to you all may values hold again
Ordered a few titles I already own to replace the ones I'm trading in :p. Trading in my mad max, injustice, mkx & have them coming right back to me.

A gamestop manager became suspicious of my account and notified the district manager.

A buddy of mine who works at gamestop told me all the stores in a 100 mile radius were on group chat talking about my account.

Think my account will get banned lol?
Were they using WhatsApp

No noticable drops all 135 titles still work. Will be doing my last run today will update probably around 2pm. Anyone need a separate 4/10 4 20 section or is it not needed

I had to do a few returns for some n64 games I got from the last retro b2g1. I just called customer support, told them the situation, and they said they would mail me the replacements.

When I asked about returning the games I have, they said not to worry and keep them.
I had the opposite. I was told that I needed to return the games before they would ship me out the correct game.

has anyone actually got $125 for an OG xbox one? I have one sitting around, but with stuff like this I always feel there is a catch I'm missing, like the value being less in store.

Saw that Switch dropped $25. Glad I got it over with. This new dock is different though (not sure how new it is). My switch is much more wobbly inside and the gap is noticabely larger. I had a launch switch

Beast Quest (XB1) trades in for $4.00  base and $4.40 Pro. Can be bought for $5 from most Five Below stores. Check the movie bins they place along the sides of the aisles. It might be worth a try if have a Five Below in your area.

Saw that Switch dropped $25. Glad I got it over with. This new dock is different though (not sure how new it is). My switch is much more wobbly inside and the gap is noticabely larger. I had a launch switch
I noticed it too. I thought I got a defective dock. I think they made it wider to avoid the scratching issues they had before.

I’m so close to my $2,000.00 limit. I know some of you have multiple PUR accounts, how does that work for stores that take your ID to trade, for example? I was gonna sign up for a second account with my wife’s info, is that gonna be a hassle if I have to use my ID, or will the scanning of my ID cause issues with their visibility of going over the trade limits in this way? Thanks!

I’m so close to my $2,000.00 limit. I know some of you have multiple PUR accounts, how does that work for stores that take your ID to trade, for example? I was gonna sign up for a second account with my wife’s info, is that gonna be a hassle if I have to use my ID, or will the scanning of my ID cause issues with their visibility of going over the trade limits in this way? Thanks!
You wife would have to do the trade ins with her ID. If you use yours it'll link the accounts and ban both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back