2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the person bought anything to actually warrant a receipt, unfortunately.

No receipt, no survey.

I would elect to purchase something cheap before I leave, so there would be a survey / encounter history.
As has been mentioned before, you do NOT need a receipt to leave a survey.

At tellgamestop.com, there is a "don't have a receipt?" option. You select the store involved by state and city and then you're taken to the normal survey.

Via this method, it's obviously useful to catch the name of the employee(s) involved or at least a specifying description and include that information in the free-writing portion of the review.

Be sure to include a haiku or sonnet. They love that.

If anyone has a birthday coupon, Pokemon Sword and Shield are trading in for $35 base TIV + $5 bonus trade in ($47 w/Elite after bonus). It's a small profit, but it helps build up points. My birthday coupon was going to expire today and my Elite expires on 1/3/2020 so I had to make one last transaction before it's not worth it anymore.

7 days for used items and 30 days for new, unopened items. Sounds like he didn't want to do the return and made that up on the fly about the policy.
Some employees are just dumb. A girl took my unopened return to the back to ask her manager if she could take it because it was still sealed. I'm returning a new game with a receipt, not trying to trade it in you daft bint.

Some employees are just dumb. A girl took my unopened return to the back to ask her manager if she could take it because it was still sealed. I'm returning a new game with a receipt, not trying to trade it in you daft bint.
honestly, if i worked there and you tried to return a sealed game, Id be suspicious too. i know you didnt buy it there.

Some price drops occurred and with Gamesale coming up I think a great day is to be had soon. 

Stop I posted a list and today it almost doubled and tomorrow I am sure we are going to add more.

honestly, if i worked there and you tried to return a sealed game, Id be suspicious too. i know you didnt buy it there.
The real trick sometimes is trying to pick up a sealed physical copy of a game that’s a GameStop-only exclusive. Honestly like finding a unicorn when it’s a smaller title where each store may only carry one copy in the first place.

Hopefully the used price of Ghostbusters for the Switch drops also. My store has a used copy would ge nice to get Pro plus CAG16 to stack on it.

Hopefully the used price of Ghostbusters for the Switch drops also. My store has a used copy would ge nice to get Pro plus CAG16 to stack on it.
Why would it matter if your local store has Ghostbusters, since CAG16 doesn't work in store. Unless you mean you want to pay for it online, and pick up in-store... BUT that would be dependent on CAG16 working with the 4/$60 promo.

Looks like the website is saying "Not Available" for pretty much any games $9.99 and under. I've clicked on 10-15 games, and says the same thing for everything.

Why would it matter if your local store has Ghostbusters, since CAG16 doesn't work in store. Unless you mean you want to pay for it online, and pick up in-store... BUT that would be dependent on CAG16 working with the 4/$60 promo.
I always get CAG16 to work for in store pick up with the GS app.

Edit: Nevermind I think I only can get it to work if they have copy available online also. It shows it’s in stock used at my store but won’t let me add it to my cart.

Looks like the website is saying "Not Available" for pretty much any games $9.99 and under. I've clicked on 10-15 games, and says the same thing for everything.
If you're looking at last gen games then yes most have then have been out of stock. This will likely be the last 4 for 20 (or 4 for 10) that will work online for last gen due to everything being sold out.

That reminds me though, I need to go in and exchange most of the games I got for nicer copies at the stores closer to me. Dont want these crusty ass 360 discs.

I get that, I'm saying does CAG16 stack with these "4 for xx" promos? Or are you just wanting to buy that by itself? Sorry I assumed you were wantiing to get it with the 4/$60 promo tomorrow.
I recall a person or 2 saying that the ongoing 4/$20 did not stack with PUR discount and CAG16.

If true, it's likely the same for 4/$60, aye?

If you're looking at last gen games then yes most have then have been out of stock. This will likely be the last 4 for 20 (or 4 for 10) that will work online for last gen due to everything being sold out.

That reminds me though, I need to go in and exchange most of the games I got for nicer copies at the stores closer to me. Dont want these crusty ass 360 discs.
I need to exchange some vita games I got, most came with out cases, sadly, but I did find some at my local GameStop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, is the 4 for 20 still going on into next week?
4 for 20 still going til before Christmas.

Only Switch games receive a +$5 bonus. Nothing for PS4. Nothing for XB1. Starting Sunday. [TODAY, SATURDAY] This is your last day to dump PS4 / XB1 games!! :)

Or be forever resigned to keep them... cuz I mean, next gen is around the corner... Sure some games might hold value since the PS5 is backwards compatible ... but the vast majority of titles are going to utterly tank!

---

GS is pushing sales this holiday. If they do anything big next year, it is a mystery. They will probably be scratching their heads, wondering why pre-owend game sales were only slightly higher than trade-in intake.

GS might do a Pro-Days before Q4. It really depends how bad Thanksgiving and Christmas were [I'm thinking bad (at least on a B&M standpoint), but online sales were HIGH, enough to consistently mess up their new website .. so no idea -- it could have been great].

seconding this. even at a certain point in chapter 3 it can happen, it really is something that has to be experienced and not watched. 6-7 hours can pass by before you've realized it
Yup time passes by so quickly and it’s hella time consuming and addicting. it’s just that before chapter 3, it’s kind of a struggle without the equipments they have u later on with the game that’s why people give up on it when they rent the game. I feel like it’s not for really impatient gamers at all

In places that take your fingerprint— does GS match your accounts by matching the prints or will having a new license at a new address in a new state be enough to not secretly connect you?

I went to trade my last round of 4 for $20 games today, and the store told me they couldn't take a couple of the games because they had too many already...since when is that a reason? To be fair, he did scan the barcode on the games and nothing came up on the display.

I took them to another store, and it did the same thing not loading the game, so the associate there had to manually type them in. But she never said anything about them having too many. That would've been a lie because I bought them there yesterday, and they were the last or next to last copies  :whistle2:

Games are LEGO Star Wars: Force Awakens and Last of Us Remastered

That happened with me but with Battlefield 4.

I went to trade my last round of 4 for $20 games today, and the store told me they couldn't take a couple of the games because they had too many already...since when is that a reason? To be fair, he did scan the barcode on the games and nothing came up on the display.

I took them to another store, and it did the same thing not loading the game, so the associate there had to manually type them in. But she never said anything about them having too many. That would've been a lie because I bought them there yesterday, and they were the last or next to last copies :whistle2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That happened to me with Genesis Alpha One, Infinifactory, and the Target edition of Watch Dogs. They're probably just incompetent, if they had too many it would still trade in for a few cents. The one guy insisted they didn't take Genesis Alpha One, so I walked over to the PS4 wall and grabbed a preowned case for him to scan.

I was wondering if anyone has any info or suggestions on this...

Back in July during the big promo, my girlfriend and I went to a few GameStops and flipped some games using two accounts. The following month she tried to trade on my account but couldn't, saying she exceeded her trade limit.

Today she went again, and she's still trade banned, apparantly still exceeding the trade limit despite not having traded since July. Are there bans that last more than 90 days? There was one rep that day that was very unfriendly and we're pretty sure she put the ban on her ID because there was no way we went over the limit. I've been able to trade no problem all year.

Its been like since last week

You have to find them in store

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I took them to another store, and it did the same thing not loading the game, so the associate there had to manually type them in. But she never said anything about them having too many. That would've been a lie because I bought them there yesterday, and they were the last or next to last copies :whistle2:

I had that happen to me with Dishonored 2 on Xbox. I just brought it to another store and they took it no problem
That happened with me but with Battlefield 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That happened to me with Genesis Alpha One, Infinifactory, and the Target edition of Watch Dogs. They're probably just incompetent, if they had too many it would still trade in for a few cents. The one guy insisted they didn't take Genesis Alpha One, so I walked over to the PS4 wall and grabbed a preowned case for him to scan.
Same thing happened to me today with Pokemon Sword. Something was wrong with the system so the cashier had to manually enter it in. They definitely did not have a lot of copies of Pokemon Sword, so the cashier was lying to you.

It's a problem with the system. I traded in 60 games yesterday and about 20% of them did not show up when scanned. The employee had to manually enter them in. 

Same thing happened to me today with Pokemon Sword. Something was wrong with the system so the cashier had to manually enter it in. They definitely did not have a lot of copies of Pokemon Sword, so the cashier was lying to you.

It's a problem with the system. I traded in 60 games yesterday and about 20% of them did not show up when scanned. The employee had to manually enter them in.
Yeah, I figured if they were really inundated with these games, they'd be both available everywhere and trade values would've already tanked. I just suspected something was either wrong with their system or he was just too lazy to dig into it much and gave me that excuse. In the end, I was able to trade them in and life goes on.

Prestige store near me closing and staff was upset.  A different store told me it was due to a lease not being renewed (also said the cafe style format is coming).  Interesting stuff.  All PS4/XB1 preowned was 20% off and Switch pre-owned was 10% off...but doesn't stack with your Pro or Elite. 

Prestige store near me closing and staff was upset. A different store told me it was due to a lease not being renewed (also said the cafe style format is coming). Interesting stuff. All PS4/XB1 preowned was 20% off and Switch pre-owned was 10% off...but doesn't stack with your Pro or Elite.
I’m not surprised to be honest. I assume that most of the closings will be based on the storefront’s lease.

Leases will not be renewed unless dirt cheap. Lease up anytime soon and that store is gone. Leases that have minimal cost to get out of will be next to go.

Food for thought, we have failure of a mall here that is a ghost town (most restaurants gone) and has become sketchy.

Despite this, its big cornerstone Barnes and Noble is up and running and will continue indefinitely. Why...because their contract stipulates that if the mall doesn’t have a certain percentage of occupied storefronts then they are “rent free”.

Point is, the cost of doing business also affects the bottom line. If the GS there gas favorable lease terms, then it won’t close despite being the most inconvenient GS in the area due to having to go into a mall thst you would otherwise avoid.

I very much doubt that any particular GS store is worth renewing a lease tbh

I had no issues with TC online lately, however during blk Friday I had to make the orders under $60-80 bucks and it worked fine. Grabbed MK11 on PS4 & Switch, figured the switch will hold value especially with the $5 bonus carrying on to next week.
Mine was the opposite during black friday TC was smooth but now it doesn't let me use it online

I asked the Gamestop employee when the last day for $5 is and I was told tomorrow (Sunday) was the last day for ps4 and xbox, switch will still be going for another week...I wonder if they were confused or it still goes on tomorrow for ps4 and xbox

I asked the Gamestop employee when the last day for $5 is and I was told tomorrow (Sunday) was the last day for ps4 and xbox, switch will still be going for another week...I wonder if they were confused or it still goes on tomorrow for ps4 and xbox
I have a feeling it ends tonight, which is why I'll be going in a little bit (thank god for later closing times, closest mall one doesnt close till 11!) just in case.

Almost every single game I bought this BF, whether it was from GS, BB, or wherever else, has been traded in for profit. And not even because they were profitable, but mostly because I hated them, meaning that unlike the other times where I trade them in for profit just to rebuy them later isnt happening this time. On one hand they've boosted my TC up almost to where I'll get the new Xbox for free, but on the other they've gotten quite a bit of inventory from me. Nice bit of mutualism.

Ever since the Discord turned on me and banned me for no reason I used my alt personality on there to gather information and send it directly to GS corporate. The information on this thread is nothing compared to what is discussed there. I let them know about the loopholes people are using to open multiple accounts, ID fraud, and other fraud people are using to get around trade limits, bans, etc. I know for sure now that GS reads my certified letters and e-mails as well as the phone message I left to corporate because literally after I gave them the information the posters on here as well as the people on the Discord chat were complaining about PUR accounts getting banned. I also alerted GS to other more minor problems such as the Elite PUR renewal loophole on the site and the direct store flips where people are taking advantage of their used game sale and combining it with the extra credit to flip games. All of the information is backed up physically, digitally, and on multiple hard drives as well as archived so no need to delete any of it now. They know everything.
If I were going to post anything like that I'd use my main account but thanks for your feedback.

Ever since the Discord turned on me and banned me for no reason I used my alt personality on there to gather information and send it directly to GS corporate. The information on this thread is nothing compared to what is discussed there. I let them know about the loopholes people are using to open multiple accounts, ID fraud, and other fraud people are using to get around trade limits, bans, etc. I know for sure now that GS reads my certified letters and e-mails as well as the phone message I left to corporate because literally after I gave them the information the posters on here as well as the people on the Discord chat were complaining about PUR accounts getting banned. I also alerted GS to other more minor problems such as the Elite PUR renewal loophole on the site and the direct store flips where people are taking advantage of their used game sale and combining it with the extra credit to flip games. All of the information is backed up physically, digitally, and on multiple hard drives as well as archived so no need to delete any of it now. They know everything.
You thought of everything. Everyone might as well give up now.

Slay the Spire ($16 for Switch, $12 for PS4/XB1) is the DOTD today.  All currently in stock as of this post.

DOTD titles tend to sell out quickly (likely to Gamestop only allowing a small quantity at the sale prices) so I would order sooner rather than later if you are interested. 

Could you send them a certified letter saying that I said Hello?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back