2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of luck to everyone participating in this flip. I am right at the trade limit for two accounts already (No ID requirements at my local store), so I am going to take it easy on this one.

Considering the fact that they never bothered to address the 4/20 flip for the entire 2 week promotional cycle, there is certainly the possibility that they don't care about potential loopholes for the time being. Trade credit, like gift cards, is recorded as a liability when issued and then recorded as revenue when used. It is why they offer an extra $5 on games that normally trade in for $2 even though they would be making little to no profit before even accounting for other promotions. Trade credit promotions make sense in this case because it incentivizes the average consumer to come to the store to use their credit, which will in turn inflate their revenue. 

GameStop has effectively given up on profitability until the next generation of consoles, so it makes more sense for them to maintain their revenue for the purpose of their shareholders at this point. They will certainly care about profitability in the long term, which is why they are making changes to PUR next year, but stacking promotions in an attempt to increase revenue is what makes sense in the short term. We are simply benefitting from the loopholes created from this endeavor. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the $5 bonus on game trade ins is gone, right? (except for Switch games)

If so, then it sucks since Redbox is selling Fallen Order for $25 which would have been a good flip. 

That happened to me too. Some of us still like to play games, guys..
With my flips I bought a bunch of t-shirts and Legos for gifts. Now that I have a bit of credit leftover I want to get some switch games and bump up my collection. There's a few games in my area I have my eyes on but looking for a few recommendations.

That happened to me too. Some of us still like to play games, guys..
With my flips I bought a bunch of t-shirts and Legos for gifts. Now that I have a bit of credit leftover I want to get some switch games and bump up my collection. There's a few games in my area I have my eyes on but looking for a few recommendations.

Seems a lot on sheet, even now, is a no-go for 4/60, though; AC3, Bendy, Banner Saga, Call of Cthulhu, bloodstained; all showing 27.99-29.99.

So a bit annoyed, I have 3,960 points. Not enough for a $5 cert....

Not planning on buying more stuff, other than persona.

I've started receiving 1st party switch games (3 total now) that are really junk titles (latest was Troll and I with a Mario Party sticker) with a 1st party game sticker on it.  Poorly printed and placed stickers, at that

I've started receiving 1st party switch games (3 total now) that are really junk titles (latest was Troll and I with a Mario Party sticker) with a 1st party game sticker on it. Poorly printed and placed stickers, at that
Wow I heard about that happening, but employees were supposed to make sure the code on the label matches the code on the back of the cartridge, guess they aren't doing that anymore.

Wow I heard about that happening, but employees were supposed to make sure the code on the label matches the code on the back of the cartridge, guess they aren't doing that anymore.
When I trade them, some do, some don't. With the sheer number that I order, it's bound to happen, but it's just frustrating. I've had it happen on 3DS and Vita too. I hate people

When I trade them, some do, some don't. With the sheer number that I order, it's bound to happen, but it's just frustrating. I've had it happen on 3DS and Vita too. I hate people
I mean, thing to remember is that lots of people in here are buying and selling back games for high-4 digit returns every year. Others are grabbing steelbooks for games they intend to sell right back without them; still others look to burn employees on surveys (potentially costing jobs, or at the very least bringin' them down for a few days) for what one party sees as busy-body JDing, and the other sees as swatting down someone using an exploit just as immoral as re-stickering for personal profit.

Everyone has their own standards of morality. All parties probably just see it as just a smart move, stickin' it to the man for a bit of extra cash they can afford to lose; it's just that, while people here just don't necessarily care about costing gamestop (the faceless entity) money, the people doing this also don't necessarily care about costing whoever next buys it FROM gamestop (the faceless individual). Heck, they might even expect GS to be competent and catch it before it even reaches that point (lol)

Still freakin' sucks, since it's a massive pain in the dick for the buyer - but I get why it happens, too.

E; from a few hours later, since I aint about to be that guy obnoxiously multiquoting 5 pages deep - didn't at all mean to make any point about legality here, or even try to compare any of the listed examples against each other directly on some kind of quantifyable scale-of-badness. Rather, just playing devil's advocate on a moral question and mind set that interests me; above's how I've always interpreted the general people behind this kind of corporate fraud, return-a-brick-in-the-box type of shenanigan.

Some people care about staying within the written bounds of rules/policies/laws, even while bending them as hard and far as they can go; others are willing to cross that line, but justify it with a generally smaller scale and internalized assumption there's no real victim. Could probably get a spicy argument going between the guy who scored $200 bucks restickering Dora the Explorer vs the guy who flipped himself into owning half the store's inventory over a year.

I mean, thing to remember is that lots of people in here are buying and selling back games for high-4 digit returns every year. Others are grabbing steelbooks for games they intend to sell right back without them; still others look to burn employees on surveys (potentially costing jobs, or at the very least bringin' them down for a few days) for what one party sees as busy-body JDing, and the other sees as swatting down someone using an exploit just as immoral as re-stickering for personal profit.

Everyone has their own standards of morality. All parties probably just see it as just a smart move, stickin' it to the man for a bit of extra cash they can afford to lose; it's just that, while people here just don't necessarily care about costing gamestop (the faceless entity) money, the people doing this also don't necessarily care about costing whoever next buys it FROM gamestop (the faceless individual). Heck, they might even expect GS to be competent and catch it before it even reaches that point (lol)

Still freakin' sucks, since it's a massive pain in the dick for the buyer - but I get why it happens, too.
Most people would agree that removing a sticker of one game that's practically worthless to pass the game off as a much more valuable game is wrong. 50/50 state laws would agree that this sort of fraud is criminal theft.

You're comparing apples to oranges. If someone thinks that buying low and selling high is morally wrong, then why would that same person shop at Gamestop (since that's what all businesses that sell good do). The re-stickering is fraudulent theft.

Get off your high horse and stop virtue signaling.

Found out my trade ban is for 90 days. Thankfully I finished my last batch of trades the day before it started. Gonna suck for any of the G2L titles that happen in January and February.

While everyone has their own standards of morality, I like to believe there is a fine line between being a cheap gamer and being a criminal.

Working the existing system IMO is not criminal, but misrepresenting what you offer is.

Anyways, My local GS's are very thorough about checking and testing everything. If I get charged a refurb fee, I expect that money to go into cleaning / fixing / shipping the item to Texas, etc. If a GS employee / manager goes cheap and rigs the item into working order, flat out ignores the issues that warranted the refurb fee, or even gives the wrong game to customers .. that's on them, not on the people who legally traded their stuff. Saying all people are to blame is disingenuous.

Some people are bad, I agree. But most are honest. Taking advantage of a membership a customer paid for does not make them dishonest. Cheap, yes. Dishonest, no. The conclusion you arrived at is faulty.

Cheap =/= Criminal.

[off note, GS uses all the pre-owned game transactions to their metric benefit, as they will likely look for a new buyer next year, for more money. I don't think loopholes were entirely an accident. I don't see anyone crying about GS's moral behavior - which if it isn't already clear is to screw the new buyer, via misleading pre-owned trade popularity data.]

I actually enjoy shopping at Gamestop. I've been able to get tons of games for cheap and really pad my ps3 ps4 , and VR collection without ever paying more than $10 for a game.

I'll be sad to see them go in a few years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I picked up a b2g1 Black Friday set of switch games in the hood on the day I made the order since I was going in to the store anyways and flipping a ton of shit. Couple days later I got emails that I never picked it up. Called up customer service and they issued me $80 credit lol. Guess the employee never checked off that I picked them up.

Found out my trade ban is for 90 days. Thankfully I finished my last batch of trades the day before it started. Gonna suck for any of the G2L titles that happen in January and February.
How do you find out the length? I can never get an answer from employees on this.

I picked up a b2g1 Black Friday set of switch games in the hood on the day I made the order since I was going in to the store anyways and flipping a ton of shit. Couple days later I got emails that I never picked it up. Called up customer service and they issued me $80 credit lol. Guess the employee never checked off that I picked them up.
This is theft. If you're interested in fixing the situation at all, you'd need to take the games back to the store since they are in the inventory there.

still others look to burn employees on surveys (potentially costing jobs, or at the very least bringin' them down for a few days) for what one party sees as busy-body JDing
I'll never burn an employee on a survey for calling me on my flipping. Not only would I already be the asshole in that situation, but a negative survey will bring even more negative attention.

When a manager accuses me of "abusing the return policy" when I trade games I had purchased 5 months prior, why shouldn't I burn him? If he's treating me like that the first time I meet him, and there isn't even a flip happening, how is he going to treat other customers? The other night he accused my friend of trying to trade stolen games for no reason at all. How is he going to treat an actual sketchy guy trading in stuff for cash?

He can take the $3 pay cut and go be an asshole hourly associate at Walmart.

How do you find out the length? I can never get an answer from employees on this.
I filed a complaint with the BBB yesterday and heard from them today. They claimed they couldn’t lift it but that was probably because I didn’t wait a month or so, since I know they’re able to do it.

I filed a complaint with the BBB yesterday and heard from them today. They claimed they couldn’t lift it but that was probably because I didn’t wait a month or so, since I know they’re able to do it.
Wait what [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

When I had mine, i called customer service and they told me when it wild be over. If I recall, they had to check with someone then called me back a day or two later to let me know

Can confirm GameStop reward certificates can still be used on Amazon and Starbucks gift cards of an exact amount (no variable).

Unless it was changed within the last couple weeks, variable Amazon cards do work.
I didn't try a variable Amazon card today, but I did a week or so ago, and the employee said it didn't work. No other item with it. Perhaps the employee was mistaken, not sure. I'd like to try again, but it's kind of awkward to ask for a second separate transaction when I am already there buying video games. But the non-variable cards definitely worked at two different locations today.

I didn't try a variable Amazon card today, but I did a week or so ago, and the employee said it didn't work. No other item with it. Perhaps the employee was mistaken, not sure. I'd like to try again, but it's kind of awkward to ask for a second separate transaction when I am already there buying video games. But the non-variable cards definitely worked at two different locations today.
The $25-500 card definitely worked, which I was surprised by because I thought they didn't. For whatever reason the auto-issued $5 cert I had did not work on it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back