2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup called and checked my nearest store physically, they both said its valid in store. Going to trade my OG Xbox One that I only paid $40 for out of pocket on Black Friday and trade it in after work for the 1TB 2K19 bundle for $25 difference. And apparently it comes with a free wired controller too! If this works out it will be a hell of a haul, I will have spent maybe $70 out of pocket to get a 1TB One S model. Looking forward to HDR in FH4 and seeing a UHD Blu ray

Yup called and checked my nearest store physically, they both said its valid in store. Going to trade my OG Xbox One that I only paid $40 for out of pocket on Black Friday and trade it in after work for the 1TB 2K19 bundle for $25 difference. And apparently it comes with a free wired controller too! If this works out it will be a hell of a haul, I will have spent maybe $70 out of pocket to get a 1TB One S model. Looking forward to HDR in FH4 and seeing a UHD Blu ray
The fine print says that the free controller can't be combined with any other offers. Hopefully it doesn't negate the trade bonus

I'd be curious to know if the S comes with an extra controller. Online the X says it does but not the S.

I'd be curious to know if the S comes with an extra controller. Online the X says it does but not the S.
The NBA 2K20 bundle online does

Lol I went a little ham moving my GS credit to Amazon. Are there any good GS boomerangs still? Either 4/60 or 4/20
Don't bother there aren't many 4/20 4/60 decent flip. Spent 4 hours two days ago and another 4 hours only to make a total of $400. There just aren't that many Switch games sadly only positive is values have not changed. 118 games and only 4-20 are in stock at each store the plus side is I am making more points then with the PS4 the minus is that they don't have 30-70 titles at each store.

I can't even view their deal of the day on my computer.  I can on the app on my phone but it sucks doing it on there.  I haven't even found these XBox One X deal of the day.  Tempted to trade my XBox One X and get a new one but can't even see what the deal is.  

They really are making an effort not to make sales.  How do you have such a broken website?  

Was able to trade in OG xone for 125 and buy the dotd xone S in-store on the same transaction. Also came w free red wired controller. All for 25+tax

Anyone running into the issue trading in when stuff rings up slightly less than what the website says it will trade in for?

Example: Mario Odyssey  = $30 base on website, but coming up $27.5 base?

Anyone running into the issue trading in when stuff rings up slightly less than what the website says it will trade in for?

Example: Mario Odyssey = $30 base on website, but coming up $27.5 base?
Since the 4/$X deals, I haven't tried recently.

Although it was only a matter of time following the value drop Nintendo authorized during BF (many games for $39.99 MSRP), I suppose it was inevitable.

In theory, the website still states $30 base, and mentions that the price is valid for 12/19/19. The website should be shown to an associate (I could only imagine to show the website if there was a TIV discrepancy, which there seems to be). Bottom line, they need to honor the $30 base.

I suppose a price nerf is incoming for some 1st party games. Ugh.

I just got back from gamestop the NBA 2k19 bundle does come with red wired power a controller. Nice deal to swap out your old Xbox with new. Just had to pay tax

Sometimes they will adjust. If the amount is enough and they don't budge I just try another gamestop. It appears that some of the prices are store specific. Some match the app and website and others are lower.

There was talk a week or so ago about this. It seems it happens at stores in test markets. They’re supposed to adjust the values if the customer notices.

There was talk a week or so ago about this. It seems it happens at stores in test markets. They’re supposed to adjust the values if the customer notices.
I hope that noone trades the top tier nsw games at the lowball test stores without an adjustment...$30 base top tier games or gtfo GS

Interestingly, Northgard sold out on Switch early this morning, via the deal of the day.  $20, instead of $35 (new).  No pre-owned was ever available (that I saw).  New sold out.

I'm kind of surprised it went so fast, but it's a rather decent & fun RTS, something the Switch library lacks.  Apparently $20 was too low, I mean, to sell out within hours.

Bloggers keep saying RTS is dead.  I see...

Went to redeem a $5 certificate tonight and can now kinda understand why GS is starting to close stores.    7pm at night and 6 days before christmas and I was the single customer in the entire store for that 15 minutes.  Considering this was also a prestige store, I can see why employees on reddit are wondering why the stores are so dead during the holidays. 

Traded my $99 OG Xbox One for $125, and got the $150 bundle in store, no contrlller. Still I feel like I made out great, getting the 2K bundle for only $25 difference

If I were to exchange my Xbox to have one with a new warranty tonight, would I have to redownload everything that's on my external hard drive, or will the new system recognize it (after logging in of course)

If I were to exchange my Xbox to have one with a new warranty tonight, would I have to redownload everything that's on my external hard drive, or will the new system recognize it (after logging in of course)
Yes it all stays. I went from xb1s to the x with my external all games intact and ready to go

Yes it all stays. I went from xb1s to the x with my external all games intact and ready to go
although it might take a minute upon first starting up the game(gives a message like "one moment" or something). As it transfers the game license or something usually for people when you factory reset the console or swap to a new one.

Hopefully the OG Xbox One value holds for tomorrow I was able to burn through the rest of my available credit to upgrade my sons Xbox via store pickup to the DotD NBA 2K19 console. Hoping I can trade it in tomorrow when I pickup the new one for the $125.

Went to redeem a $5 certificate tonight and can now kinda understand why GS is starting to close stores. 7pm at night and 6 days before christmas and I was the single customer in the entire store for that 15 minutes. Considering this was also a prestige store, I can see why employees on reddit are wondering why the stores are so dead during the holidays.
I suggest you don't hold on to them too long. I can see them going bankrupt in the next couple of years if they will continue to go same route as now and not change up anything. Let see how the new program will be that will replace Pro or whatever it is. I think they would have save themselves if they didn't drop that rent services they going to do last year (or 2 years ago). I know I would be using that all the time to continue playing single player games and getting all the achievements/trophies. xD

I suggest you don't hold on to them too long. I can see them going bankrupt in the next couple of years if they will continue to go same route as now and not change up anything. Let see how the new program will be that will replace Pro or whatever it is. I think they would have save themselves if they didn't drop that rent services they going to do last year (or 2 years ago). I know I would be using that all the time to continue playing single player games and getting all the achievements/trophies. xD
I mean they still have the 7 day return policy :X

So the website says the DotDs are now online & in-store...  but some of the specific items say "online only" - anyone figure out if the in-stock items are available at DotD prices yet?   :beer:

So the website says the DotDs are now online & in-store... but some of the specific items say "online only" - anyone figure out if the in-stock items are available at DotD prices yet? :beer:
Despite the standard copytext on the individual item page, they are definitely in store and can be ordered in store. Basic employee didn't know about it but supervisor did, they had signs up too. The only issue is the bonus controllers are while supplies last and no substitutes, the Xbox X has to be the plain black NBA bundle not the special white and purple one. Since I didn't get the X I can't say for certain if the bonus first party controller with the Xs only works when ordering first online for store pickup. Inventory wouldn't be a problem with the controller and you could always call ahead to ask if the store has the console before placing online.

I mean they still have the 7 day return policy :X
Yeah, that is true for people like us who know the policy and can abuse it. But what about those who doesn't bother to read them (and yeah, it would be their fault for not reading it) and parents? I feel like this program would've been perfect for them since they can rent a game for their childrens to play and let them see how it is. The one who would benefit the most would be Gamestop since they are gaining more moneys and they wouldn't lose anything at. If anything, this would help them with business since the little one might like the game they got from rent and that can lead to a purchase.

So the website says the DotDs are now online & in-store... but some of the specific items say "online only" - anyone figure out if the in-stock items are available at DotD prices yet? :beer:
Just got back from a GS that was open until 10 pm in California. Both Bards Tale IV and Northgard were on the shelf labeled for the DOTY web price ($16 each).

I could really use a new PS4 Pro Glacier White at $299 so I could trade in my PS4 slim but these fuckers won't drop that price while some other stores are. It's not worth it without a price drop to take advantage of the $50 bonus trade credit.

Wow... as soon as the deal of the day went live the option to buy the items pre-owned was removed. Dick move.

I suggest you don't hold on to them too long. I can see them going bankrupt in the next couple of years if they will continue to go same route as now and not change up anything.
Yeah, I used that certificate and cleaned out my gift cards and trade-in credit while I was there on some PS4 games. Not sure when I'll go back to GS or if how long that store will continue to be there. With the rumors of store closures coming, didn't want to take the risk of being stuck with gift cards/trade-in credit I can't use.

Yeah, I used that certificate and cleaned out my gift cards and trade-in credit while I was there on some PS4 games. Not sure when I'll go back to GS or if how long that store will continue to be there. With the rumors of store closures coming, didn't want to take the risk of being stuck with gift cards/trade-in credit I can't use.
Whew close one.. Now you have no reason to even be in this thread now

I don't know about you all, but that wampa bean bag chair is so nightmare fuel.

Anyway, probably should have bit on that $150 Xbox One S yesterday.  Never seen an Xbox One S go that low brand new.

Traded in Lego Incredibles, Lego Harry Potter and Dragons Dogma (all Switch) for $10 base each on Wednesday and today they got bumped to $12 base.  SMH. 

Does the elite renewal trick still work? If so do I need to renew through the coupon or the button under my account info where it adds to your cart then you pay for it?

Very off topic but related to trading something in to GameStop. Does anybody know offhand how Minecraft stuff is saved on the Xbox One? If I trade my sons XB1 phat I will he lose all the worlds he built on Minecraft? I understand once we get the new one once he logs in he can just redownload the game but is his Minecraft profile saved to the Xbox or to the cloud?

Very off topic but related to trading something in to GameStop. Does anybody know offhand how Minecraft stuff is saved on the Xbox One? If I trade my sons XB1 phat I will he lose all the worlds he built on Minecraft? I understand once we get the new one once he logs in he can just redownload the game but is his Minecraft profile saved to the Xbox or to the cloud?
None of it is tied to the console. He'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back